Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 03:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Love hearing all the happy, positive news (but negative scale movements) from all -- congrats! Seems that last week's doldrums have lifted for many
Old 02-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Good afternoon IPeeps.

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. So excited to see all the posts about losses. Keeps me encouraged to see those of you who have been on the plan a while still logging in with these amazing results.

So I got the caramel and peanut protein bars. One word "YUM" I really feel like I am cheating each time I have one. My coach told me I could have one restricted item a day. I am thinking I may only eat one every other day. Has anyone found that the restricted items slowed their progress?

Keep up the good work.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Rebelgrl- I say have 1 every day, IP designed it that way. The only restricted that seemed to slow me down was the chocolate brownie. When I realized that, I saved the brownie as a treat on the weekend.

Frawniemae- so happy to hear that your hubbie has been discharged. Yay you, for staying strong!

Congratulations for all the wonderful losses!
Old 02-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

WI results this week down 2.6 lbs & 6" ! Pretty happy. Starting week 5 and have lost 10 lbs and 23 plus " total. The 10 pounds include one week where the scal didn't move but the body fat % went down by 3.73 lbs...I don't notice any difference in how my clothes fit at all which my coach finds strange but there it is. I said maybe it was because they were too small to begin with and maybe still dont fit yet! ��I am avoiding restricted items this week to see if it makes a difference in the weight and blood sugars. My coach said this called rocket fuelling....

My insulin to carb ratio has changed and I am taking more insulin than before! That is a bummer. My carb ratio was 1:10 and is now 1:5 (insulin units to carb grams). I also find I need to dose for the protein 1: 10 which is a tad strange even though I know protein can turn to glucose after a certain threshold is reached by the body. I suspect the need for more insulin also slows the weight loss. I will keep trying for a few more weeks and see what happens.

Good to hear your Hubbie is home again frawniemae!

I love to follow all the struggles and victories. keep pressing on towards the goal everyone!

Last edited by Type1lady; 02-03-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:38 PM   #20  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type1lady View Post
WI results this week down 2.6 lbs & 6" ! Pretty happy. Starting week 5 and have lost 10 lbs and 23 plus " total. The 10 pounds include one week where the scal didn't move but the body fat % went down by 3.73 lbs...I don't notice any difference in how my clothes fit at all which my coach finds strange but there it is. I said maybe it was because they were too small to begin with and maybe still dont fit yet! ��I am avoiding restricted items this week to see if it makes a difference in the weight and blood sugars. My coach said this called rocket fuelling....

My insulin to carb ratio has changed and I am taking more insulin than before! That is a bummer. My carb ratio was 1:10 and is now 1:5 (insulin units to carb grams). I also find I need to dose for the protein 1: 10 which is a tad strange even though I know protein can turn to glucose after a certain threshold is reached by the body. I suspect the need for more insulin also slows the weight loss. I will keep trying for a few more weeks and see what happens.
Congrats on your losses!

Wondering if the reason your insulin ratio has changed is because the type of vegetables you are eating is different? My sister (a type 1 since childhood) always says that her numbers change when she has high carb/high fiber veggies rather than low carb/moderate fiber and that the proteins don't affect her so much - she isn't on IP however. Do you track your food at all, so you can see patterns in how the ratio modifies with different food combinations? Has it reduced gradually or just plummeted?
Old 02-03-2015, 06:51 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

Today if I didn't have a family and could walk off a cliff, I would.

Sometimes this stress and responsibility that I have to carry is just too much. Without going into details and to make a long story short, I just want to cry in a corner and never leave, but I am a mother and I have to be responsible so I get to carry the burden of so much and I hate that I have to be so strong all the time. But in the same breath I love that I am and that I will handle it.

So on a more positive note, I had a fairly good week OP I'd say.
Down 4.4 for a total of 18 lbs in 4 weeks
I didn't loose any inches this week and only 0.5 inch last week and perhaps I am one of the few would would rather loose inches than pounds.

I feel like I am testing my body to see what works, I never had any select veggies this past week and actually accidently had 4 IP packs on 3 days instead of 3 packs because I didn't journal this week and simply forgot how many I did have.

So this week I am going to journal, still going to stay away from select veggies and see what happens next week.

Last edited by jstbkuz; 02-03-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:08 PM   #22  

Height: 5'3"

Crazy/busy day, but I've stayed completely OP and am ready for my first WI tomorrow! I sneaked on the scale over the weekend and was pretty happy, so I'm hoping that holds. I still need to get my vitamins correct, but it's been hard to get on here and figure out what I need and also being able to go get it. Here's to tomorrow being a good weight loss day.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:12 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

CenTXChk: Congrats on that loss and the victory of weighing less than DH, awesome!

kimo88: That is a great loss, you are getting so close to your goal.

JoJo82: You are doing Fantastic, such a great loss for the week and only 3 weeks in and down 15---yahoo! Looks like we are the same height. I was your starting weight this summer and I fought tooth and nail to get the first 10 lbs off before IP so boy was I happy to join IP because it works. Now I am finally on my way to where I want to be.

frawniemae: oh thats such great news

Briael: Awesome WI and NSV's. I can't imagine what I would do with chocolate in frount of me, he he.

Sgrealtor1: Yahooo, see it always finds a way to show up on the scale, lol

DeterminedDieter: You are soooo cose to goal, wow! Great job on the week.... boo to all the snow and cold weather, but I live in Canada too and am use to 10 months of cold, lmbo

rebelgrl87: I look forward to my peanut butter bar every day, lol. I don't care if it slows my progress, I need it, he he he
Old 02-03-2015, 07:15 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelgrl87 View Post
So I got the caramel and peanut protein bars. One word "YUM" I really feel like I am cheating each time I have one. My coach told me I could have one restricted item a day. I am thinking I may only eat one every other day. Has anyone found that the restricted items slowed their progress?
They can slow you down, but there are people here who have eaten 1/day and lost just fine. You just have to figure out what works for you. I personally only have 1-2 restricted per week, the most I had was 3 but it was also TOM

I lost 2.2 this week, and 3.75 inches overall (from 2 weeks ago). Pretty happy with that, and moving on to onederland. It seems really odd to say that, and see it within my sights. I told DH this morning that I would like to be out of the 200's by my nephew's wedding in mid-April.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelgrl87 View Post
The program is designed for one restricted per day. Go ahead and have it. That's the way the plan is set up. They figured out that if we get a treat every day we're less apt to cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type1lady View Post

I've been reading low carb information since 2002. Somewhere in the plethora of blogs, books, podcasts and research that I've read I learned somewhere that whey protein can give some people a sugar spike and people who have that problem do better with casein protein. It is slower acting. You might want to do some reading and see what you can find out.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-03-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:57 PM   #26  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post
Today if I didn't have a family and could walk off a cliff, I would.
Sending you hugs, jstbkuz -- I hope tomorrow is better.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #27  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Now, back to the regularly scheduled program....
You make me laugh! I have enjoyed following your posts and your wonderful attitude. Thanks for sharing and I know you will be successful at this program.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/201/155

Height: 5'10''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post

JoJo82: You are doing Fantastic, such a great loss for the week and only 3 weeks in and down 15---yahoo! Looks like we are the same height. I was your starting weight this summer and I fought tooth and nail to get the first 10 lbs off before IP so boy was I happy to join IP because it works. Now I am finally on my way to where I want to be.
Thanks so much, jstbkuz!! I'm super excited and getting more used to the plan! I was in the same boat. I gained 60 pounds in the last two years and had tried everything under the sun to get the weight off and nothing was working until I started IP. So very thankful I found this plan. Hoping I can be at goal before I head to California in July. Great to see other tall girls on here too!!
Old 02-03-2015, 10:53 PM   #29  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

jstbkuz - Sorry you've had such a difficult day, hoping for a better week for you.

I would also rather lose inches than just the lbs, that's the one that leads to a new size clothing.

Logging will help - even if you just jot it down on a piece of paper and magnet it to the fridge so you can see it every time you pass. I use a bar gate system daily for my water, or I'd never know how much I drank and whether I needed more. Whatever helps you track it, is worth the couple of minutes to do.

readytolive - Good luck for tomorrow's WI, hope it's a good one to start you on your weight loss journey!
Old 02-03-2015, 11:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Congrats on your losses!

Wondering if the reason your insulin ratio has changed is because the type of vegetables you are eating is different? My sister (a type 1 since childhood) always says that her numbers change when she has high carb/high fiber veggies rather than low carb/moderate fiber and that the proteins don't affect her so much - she isn't on IP however. Do you track your food at all, so you can see patterns in how the ratio modifies with different food combinations? Has it reduced gradually or just plummeted?
Thanks Briael...yes I do track my veg intake and only use the low carbs allowed on IP. My first week on saw my sugars low and much less insulin. My last week saw higher sugars requiring a correction dose and my new regime to bring the numbers into a more normal range. I don't know what is really happening, neither does my IP coach or my diabetes educator and nutritionist. They just keep saying to keep dosing appropriately and hopefully we will see a trend. I am not in any danger so all is good. It is just frustrating....
Closed Thread