Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 07:19 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Weekend Chat Sat 1/31 - Sun 2/1/2015

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-31-2015, 08:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all! I'm rebooting on the diet and have been 100% for 4 days but the scale hasn't moved ;( are any of you familiar with this happening?
Old 01-31-2015, 09:09 AM   #3  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi, kcdoe - I am rebooting too. I did not weigh until end of the first week, and did have a loss then, but hard to say where I was 4 days in. With less to lose this time, you are definitely not going to lose like you did the first time around. At least that proved true for me.

You know from experience it works, so just stick with it!
Old 01-31-2015, 09:22 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Good Morning all! I'm rebooting on the diet and have been 100% for 4 days but the scale hasn't moved ;( are any of you familiar with this happening?
It could take 3-5 days to lose the glycogen stores. When that is gone, the water whoosh happens (water is stored with glycogen). After that, the fat burning starts up.

The hardest part is to do the right thing by staying OP and staying off the scale. A watched pot never boils
Old 01-31-2015, 09:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 335/258.5/180

Height: 5'8"

After being away at a conference this week, so excited with my WI this morning...leaving the 300s behind forever!
Old 01-31-2015, 11:21 AM   #6  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Was a little bummed when I stepped on the scales this morning at home: first day of no weight loss. BUT it didn't go up either so that's good. I'm staying OP but the last few days I have been extremely busy in the kitchen prepping sauces & soups (and trying really hard not to sample everything but not being totally successful at it) plus organizing the freezer and pantry to make this IP journey easier to really get into. In short, way more active than I have been being. Coach has not said anything about upping my packets to 4 so I consistently consume 3 a day. So, for the next few days I will take it easier, relax more, and stay out of the kitchen except at meal time. This IP thing is definitely a sensitively balanced way of life! But I love how I feel and know it is the right thing in so many ways for both me and my hubbie (who, although not "doing" the full IP thing, has lost 3 lbs since I started IP)!
Old 01-31-2015, 11:22 AM   #7  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcodrums View Post
After being away at a conference this week, so excited with my WI this morning...leaving the 300s behind forever!
Woo hoo for you!! That's great!
Old 01-31-2015, 11:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: (reboot) 294/263/210

Height: 6'-0"

@kcdoe - I would stay off scale, I may go two weeks before weigh because the initial week is largely getting in to fat burning mode.

This is not typical I have read extensively how the mechanism works and aids to improve it. As other say it may be a few days to see anything. Also I am doing a reboot. I started packets on Weds. In the AM it was along with a carbohydrate dump that make an italian proud. Then I decided I have to change my morning routine so the habit triggers don't happen. So Weds was a loss but I was compliant rest of the day.
Thursday compliant friday morning - Bing keto (low - med purple),
Saturday solid medium - but darn keto headache a bugger.
Splach of MCT oil, with bfast - Headache is gone.

Our weekend food seems so far to be an asparagus stir fry (low carb paleo version), chops with brussel sprouts. We have food very utility and super bowl weekend only means to me nothing is going to be on TV.

Last edited by wylothar; 01-31-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:25 AM   #9  
determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The hardest part is to do the right thing by staying OP and staying off the scale. A watched pot never boils
But it's so hard!!!! I do need to lay off getting on them every morning. It just feels so great watching the number go down instead of the up up up it has been doing the past several years!
Old 01-31-2015, 01:33 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcodrums View Post
FANTASTIC

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-31-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:36 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
But it's so hard!!!! I do need to lay off getting on them every morning. It just feels so great watching the number go down instead of the up up up it has been doing the past several years!
Yes ma'am
But over-monitoring won't make it happen any faster.
I consider it another form of micromanagement. That probably ticks off the fat as much as it ticks me off when somebody micromanages me!
Old 01-31-2015, 02:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Hi y'alll.

How do you respond to an IP sceptic? My DH is using a personal trainer and was lecturing me on how i'm starving myself and losing muscle. I tried to explain that i'm not losing muscle, but fat. This is not Atkins. The conversation went on and on and I just told him I was there to support my DH on his journey by being present w/kids and doing something together.

On a side note, I've done the excercise, WW and in a real world IP is the only thing that has worked for me. He was like, well you've gained it back. Not entirely true, i've gained because I haven't properly maintained! It would be the same with his workouts for DH.

So in the end, it doesn't matter how you lose it, for me IP works, and I chose to do it this way. ok ... sorry end of soap box.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

I had my WI today with a new coach and was educated about the maintenance phases . My coach was so great in explaining to me how I could tweak the phases to fit with my needs. The one thing that I had wrong was I thought you started into Phase 2 with 80 or 90% of your weight loss but she told me that was the old way to do it and that changed 3 years ago. Now you are supposed to reach your goal and then phase off. I am going on a weekend trip and a spring break trip so I strategized with her about a full phase off or a mini phase off. She was also cool when I told her my reason for wanting to phase off was I wanted to have a glass of wine with my friends on these trips.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by momat40 View Post
Hi y'alll.

How do you respond to an IP sceptic? My DH is using a personal trainer and was lecturing me on how i'm starving myself and losing muscle. I tried to explain that i'm not losing muscle, but fat. This is not Atkins. The conversation went on and on and I just told him I was there to support my DH on his journey by being present w/kids and doing something together.

On a side note, I've done the excercise, WW and in a real world IP is the only thing that has worked for me. He was like, well you've gained it back. Not entirely true, i've gained because I haven't properly maintained! It would be the same with his workouts for DH.

So in the end, it doesn't matter how you lose it, for me IP works, and I chose to do it this way. ok ... sorry end of soap box.
I have been having a conversation with a good male friend of mine who has been very supportive and impressed on my weight loss journey but I've also recently traveled with him for a ski weekend and he was tsking at me with my food restrictions. He kept telling me I had to stop the diet and start exercising. I wasn't arguing with him but explained that right now I am in the losing phase. He kept telling me I was wrong. That the key was exercise, etc. etc.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by momat40 View Post
Hi y'alll.

You don't respond. You just keep doing what you are doing. My friend was on IP for 5 months and lost 50 pounds and 50 inches. She looks great. I was concerned re restrictions and weight gain. She went through the phases and is now living life and NOT gaining but is watching herself. I was a skeptic, was on a healthy diet( all clean eating and exercise) lost 10 pounds and stopped losing for 5 months. Started on IP in Dec and have lost 19 pounds. Feel great. No longer a skeptic but have neglected to mention it to the lifestyle clinic I was using. Would take a long time to convince me this is not the way to go. Good luck.
Closed Thread