Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #16  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
My email this morning contained a link to a great article about Calories In Calories Out that I wanted to share with you, as I think this is one very misleading subject that is constantly pushed at overweight people. Hope you enjoy it!
Briael, thank you for this article!! It was a really good read and puts a lot of things into perspective. Now I should go send this to all the naysayers who say IP is unhealthy and I should just eat less and exercise more.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 181.5/175.8/141.5

Height: 5'7"

Anyone use the ketosis test strips? What level should I be in for maximum fat burning potential?
Old 01-29-2015, 12:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5.2

Had a fantastic nights sleep last night and felt great this morning. Tried a salmon/veggie packet recipe that I got off the recipe thread for supper last night and it was delish. Chopped veggies in an attempt to start making the Lebanese salad, but got tired and decided to lay down... LOL That was it, crashed for the night. So glad I did. I am trying to move my 'bedtime' up because I know that I am not letting my body get enough sleep. Hope the rest of you IPeeps are having a great morning too!
Old 01-29-2015, 12:15 PM   #19  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dappledawnfarm View Post
Anyone use the ketosis test strips? What level should I be in for maximum fat burning potential?
Don't waste your money. They are designed to test for EXCESS ketones in people with diabetes and kidney function issues. They are NOT designed for ketogenic dieters. Your body is using the ketones it makes for energy, so you should really never be registering more than trace on a ketostick. Registering a lot of excess ketones is actually a sign of a serious medical condition.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:38 PM   #20  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRelease713 View Post
I am down fifteen pounds. I am celebrating by taking a mental health day off from work

That's fantastic - congratulations!!
Old 01-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #21  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by larn37 View Post
Does anyone have any crockpot recipes that are phase 1 friendly? I like to cook with my crockpot while I am at work and need some ideas while on phase 1. I love to cook with chicken, beef and turkey. I would like to have some that don't use the Ideal protein packaged foods
Here's a link to my pulled pork and bbq sauce. If you pinterest, there's tons that come up but do watch for non-IP P1 friendly ingredients.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ipeeps-13.html

should be page 13 and post 193
Old 01-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda.lou View Post
Yum! Just made the yummiest breakfast! I made pancakes from the Wildberry yogourt drink. Added some minced rhubarb to the batter and it was SOOOOO good. I didn't need to use any syrup to sweeten it. It was perfect!
that sounds YUM! I never thought of using rhubarb, altho I've made "blueberry" pancakes with the yogurt drink mix before. My recipe is here

Quote:
Does anyone have any crockpot recipes that are phase 1 friendly? I like to cook with my crockpot while I am at work and need some ideas while on phase 1. I love to cook with chicken, beef and turkey. I would like to have some that don't use the Ideal protein packaged foods
You can look on the internet for low carb crockpot recipes and then just substitute-out items that aren't IP compliant.
I make roasts, whole chickens, and pork loins frequently with IP veggies.
I never really follow a "recipe" and it usually turns out great.
My crockpot practically lives on the counter. It cooks for me when I'm at work!
Old 01-29-2015, 02:07 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Are you in a part of Texas with an HEB? We've found a few sauce mixes and salsas that are IP-friendly. We've used them on porkloin and lean beef roasts. We also have used WF bbq sauce on porkloin. We use our crockpot at least once a week!
Old 01-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5.2

I just wanted to tell you all how much I appreciate all of you! I do not care for the taste of most WF products so tend to just eat my food very plain and your ideas have been helpful and made my meals more interesting.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to Sweet Release
Old 01-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 267/228/180

Hello Everyone!

I have so appreciated reading everyones post and I am going to try to post more often!

I had my 5th weigh in today and was down 2# for a total of 19# in January! I am trying to be happy with the 2# even though it was my smallest loss to date.

I do have a question. I have been having some lower abdominal cramping lately and also bloating. My coach suggested the probiotics that the clinic sells. Has anyone ever tried them or have any other suggestions for me.

Thanks so much for everyone on here!
Old 01-29-2015, 03:46 PM   #27  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Andi4630-My stomach gets upset from artificial sugars in sweet products. Have you been consuming a lot of products with artificial sweeteners? I find that if I have more than one or two product/day that have sweeteners, my stomach is pretty messed up for a few days (bloating, cramping, other yuckiness). If I chew a lot of gum (or if I even use use a bit of Mio or sweeteners other than Stevia), I definitely notice it. It tends to take me a few days of no extra sweeteners to get back on track.

Last edited by benice; 01-29-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:09 PM   #28  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi4630 View Post
Hello Everyone!

I have so appreciated reading everyones post and I am going to try to post more often!

I had my 5th weigh in today and was down 2# for a total of 19# in January! I am trying to be happy with the 2# even though it was my smallest loss to date.

I do have a question. I have been having some lower abdominal cramping lately and also bloating. My coach suggested the probiotics that the clinic sells. Has anyone ever tried them or have any other suggestions for me.

Thanks so much for everyone on here!
Congrats on 19lbs so far this month, that's a great number to lose in such a short period of time. It's perfectly normal for the numbers to slow down and then speed up again - it happens to all of us! Don't let it bother you at all.

Probiotics and the digestive enzymes are excellent supplements to have. I have suffered with gas and bloating all my life, until I started taking supplements with IP.

The enzymes will help break down all the protein and complex carbs in the IP diet, and the probiotics will help keep you "regular". For me, they are worth every cent spent on them, but you don't have to use the IP ones. There are cheaper, better alternatives available. Take a look in Vitamin Shoppe (or any other good pharmacy) and you'll see lots to choose from.

Personally, I like the Ultimate Flora probiotics and the Omegazymes.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 267/228/180

Benice- Thank you for the feed back. I have been having more of my Mio than I probably should! I will wean off that for a while. It is just so nice to have something sweet to drink that doesnt add carbs! Thank you though.

Brial-I just love all of the knowledge and support on this site. I did buy the probiotics from my coach but will def go for a cheaper option next time! Thanks for the encouragement on the 2# loss. I love seeing everyones trackers to see how far they have come! Way to Go!!!
Old 01-29-2015, 08:35 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 199.2/198.0/150.0

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations SweetRelease! All the success stories are so motivating!
Closed Thread