Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 10:35 AM   #16  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Ladies,

I have a question about TOM, my coach said I will not lose any weight during my TOM. This week will be the first time since I started the plan. Does everyone find that to be true? Has anyone lost weight during their TOM?

Last edited by Lilaberry; 01-26-2015 at 11:19 AM. Reason: To not too
Old 01-26-2015, 10:36 AM   #17  
IP Restart 1/4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by momat40 View Post
Happy Monday.

For those IPers on the path of the blizzard, take precaution. Be safe.

As much as I hate to wake up at 5 a.m. on Monday's, once in the bathroom I get happy because I weigh myself. Down another 2 lbs. , and that's with TOM arriving on Sat.
Congratulations on your 2lb loss!

Last edited by Lilaberry; 01-26-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:38 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Ugh, lost a measly .2lbs this week. So disappointed. What kills me is I didn’t have any known cheats…but talking to my coach, some of the foods I’ve been using as a quick go to are not IP okay. Going to buckle down and journal this week and really adhere to the protein list and see if that makes a difference next week. Sadly, next week is TOM which will be another strike against me.

Sorry to be such a downer today. After being on this diet 7 months, I am really getting impatient for goal and feeling the diet fatigue. Really need a whoosh to get me back in the swing of things.
I think you and I are in the same place!! It's been 8 months for me and I don't know what my problem is.....I guess maybe diet fatigue? Either that or I am content where I am. I haven't been this size in years. I actually feel good in my skin. I may be content for the time being, but I do want to lose more weight and get to goal. I just have to get my butt in gear!!!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post
Ladies,

I have a question about TOM, my coach said I will not lose any weight during my TOM. This week will be the first time since I started the plan. Does everyone find that too be true? Has anyone lost weight during their TOM?
This has been my biggest loss with TOM. In the past it has been 0 up to 1 lb. I drink lots and lots of water during and try to stick to the lower carb veggies.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #20  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Another less-than-stellar WI. Only 0.8 this week, added to the 1.6 last week and 0.8 the week before and I feel like I've wasted the last three weeks! Need to do something to jump start the loss again but I'm struggling to stay motivated now. Guess I'll just keep at it and hope for more (less!) next week.

For those of us in the northeast, stay safe and warm.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:18 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelineb View Post
Another less-than-stellar WI. Only 0.8 this week, added to the 1.6 last week and 0.8 the week before and I feel like I've wasted the last three weeks! Need to do something to jump start the loss again but I'm struggling to stay motivated now. Guess I'll just keep at it and hope for more (less!) next week.

Chin up!!! I see you are reaching onederland. In reading posts through the years, I've seen those that are close to onderland, stall for a little and then a big whooshhh..

You are doing amazing, keep up the good work.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:18 AM   #22  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

ladelineb the numbers are still going down! That is what counts in the long run, right!!?? Hope your next WI is more what you are hoping for!

And all of you struggling with the weather; be safe, keep warm and know that someone in Texas is praying for you!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:19 AM   #23  

lilaberry, jstbkuz & vista110 Thank you for the encouragement.

Can you tell I haven't figured out how to multiple quote - lol
Old 01-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post
Question ladies, i read this recipe on a IP facebook group but is it P1 friendly? Is it considered a cheat?

I haven't tried baking because I just don't know but I miss it.

Recipe: 1 serving
1 - IP Chocolatey Chip Pancake mix
1- Egg
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (less if you like)
2 tablespoons of WF caramel dip
1 tablespoons of Sugar Free Brown Sugar Cinnamon

Bake in a cupcake or brownie pan at 350 for 15 mins "refrigerate if you eat them the next day"
Sounds yummy! I would sub 2 egg whites for the egg (a couple of egg whites can be "freebies"). Also I'm not at all sure about the SF brown sugar cinnamon. I personally would toss a packet of splenda in it, and there's already cinnamon in the recipe.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:52 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelineb View Post

I'm sorry you're having a tough time! Are your inches going down? Just keep your chin up and know that ANY loss is a loss. I have heard from IP veterans in my office that there were periods where they plateaued throughout the journey. One person said during those times, she had a small handful of something off limits (I think she said raisins?) and then she started losing again. *I'm not at all telling you to cheat(!!!), but her saying that stuck with me. GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Ugh, lost a measly .2lbs this week. So disappointed. What kills me is I didn’t have any known cheats…but talking to my coach, some of the foods I’ve been using as a quick go to are not IP okay. Going to buckle down and journal this week and really adhere to the protein list and see if that makes a difference next week. Sadly, next week is TOM which will be another strike against me.

Sorry to be such a downer today. After being on this diet 7 months, I am really getting impatient for goal and feeling the diet fatigue. Really need a whoosh to get me back in the swing of things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I think you and I are in the same place!! It's been 8 months for me and I don't know what my problem is.....I guess maybe diet fatigue? Either that or I am content where I am. I haven't been this size in years. I actually feel good in my skin. I may be content for the time being, but I do want to lose more weight and get to goal. I just have to get my butt in gear!!!
CenTxChk - I feel your frustration! I've had a couple of small losses and even a couple of small gains over the past few weeks. I'm glad you're journaling, my coach used mine last week to pinpoint a couple of things to watch/adjust.

For you and Kellyc14 - my coach told me last week that this is the hardest part of the diet! I saw my endocrinologist on Friday and she confirmed that. She also said that everyone hits a plateau at some point. You just have to keep going, do what you know to do to follow the program, and the weight will come off.

We got this ladies!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #27  
IP Restart 1/4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by momat40 View Post

Can you tell I haven't figured out how to multiple quote - lol
Click the button to the right of the quote button, it has a + sign and quotations. Continue to click that button for all of the posts you want to quote and then click the reply (not quick reply) button.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:41 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Good morning! Just had my first weigh in. Down 8 lbs. and 7.5 inches. I am so thrilled. I know the next week won't be as much but hopefully a couple pounds. As long as the scale is moving down I will be pleased.

Hope you all have an OP day.

My motto: Trust the process.

Smiles!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:59 PM   #29  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

ladelineb: Like others have said, journal! Write down everything. Be 'religious' about the plan - no GUM, no CRYSTAL LITE, no DIET SODA - NO NOTHING THAT'S NOT ON AN IP SHEET. I'm serious, this one piece of advice saved me. Also, eat within 30 mins of getting up, eat every 3.5 to 4 hours, choose your IP proteins that are on the low side of calories (90 vs 110) and maybe eat fish instead of red meat for your dinner several days this week. Our bodies are amazing - they know when we're depriving them of food, they know when we are eating without eating (i.e. chewing gum) they will try to hang on to every bit of nutrition and conserve energy. So you need to soldier through and you can do this - WOW can you do this, look at your success to date!! I'm cheering you on, I know you'll move through this.

E
Old 01-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #30  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 179/179/159

Height: 5'7"

Hello all!

Question - I have an infection in a crown (long story, now i need a bone graft and dental implant - fun). But the taste in my mouth makes me feel like puking. I have oral surgery Feb 9th - in the meantime I need something to help kill the taste. Anyone know of a good sugar free kind of candy or mint that won't screw me up? I NEED something to cover up the taste (I am on antibiotics but they may not clear everything) all the time and food is not a good idea!

Thanks for any suggestions.
Closed Thread