Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:43 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Happy Saturday Ipeeps: So, as much as I would have loved to avoid the mall on a Saturday I went in and did my thing. Along with that I ventured into GNC and tried my first Quest Bar. Strawberry Cheesecake. net carbs are 4grams, fat 4.5. total calories 160, calories from fat 40. Based on what I have learned about the requirements of the alternate foods, this sounds like a non restricted item. Would someone take a look to see if I am right? Cuz these are really good and I could see myself having more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
While on the subject can someone advise me on the quest bars: smores, white choc raspberry and cookie dough. Although they only have 3.4. and 5 net grams of carbs. the total fat calories is actually above the total calorie mark. Restricted?
Oh, so fearful of eating the wrong food.
Help?
Since Quest bars are SO GOOD and also calorically right on the fence for restricted vs not, I personally count all of them as restricted. YMMV.

Some are too high total calories/fat. Haven't seen a s'mores yet. Guessing it'll be just as addictive as others I've tried. (Just checked. They're above 30% fat so I will save them for maintenance).

There is a whole quest bar thread here that will probably answer most of your questions about which bars are best. It is a bit long but should be a relatively quick read & then you'll have all of the pertinent info to make your own informed decision.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:53 PM   #17  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

I have a question about required veggie servings vs "free" veggie choices. For example, mushrooms are on both lists. Say I use 2 cups as half of my required veggies and asst other veggies as the remaining required 2 cups, can I still eat some "free" mushrooms as a non IP snack? This is just an example as their are other veggies on both lists. I'm sorry if this has been posted but I haven't found it yet. I'm trying to read everything here but it is daunting!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:53 PM   #18  
IP Start - 1/23/2015

S/C/G: 357/357/180

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyreigns View Post
Hi, I started the IP program this morning.
Hey, I actually started yesterday! So happy for you that you started! I am SO looking forward to this. My best friend had amazing results with IP, so I am following in her footsteps.

It's day 2 for me, and I actually feel pretty damn good! Although, all I've been thinking about is food. It's amazing how much of my inner dialogue is about food!

I had the Chicken a la King today, yummy! Finishing the day with some tea and some English cucumbers. Yum!

So excited to get my life back!
Old 01-24-2015, 08:54 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
I have a question about required veggie servings vs "free" veggie choices. For example, mushrooms are on both lists. Say I use 2 cups as half of my required veggies and asst other veggies as the remaining required 2 cups, can I still eat some "free" mushrooms as a non IP snack? This is just an example as their are other veggies on both lists. I'm sorry if this has been posted but I haven't found it yet. I'm trying to read everything here but it is daunting!
The "free" items would be consumed raw.
So, yes, you can have mushrooms and "count" them and cukes (or celery or whatever) and they're "free". Mushrooms are a veggie I don't eat raw, personally.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-24-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #20  

thank you for the encouragement and info on the weight and size scales.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:43 PM   #21  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The "free" items would be consumed raw.
So, yes, you can have mushrooms and "count" them and cukes (or celery or whatever) and they're "free". Mushrooms are a veggie I don't eat raw, personally.
Thanks! I just posted same question elsewhere; so sorry I was impatient!
Old 01-25-2015, 07:34 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning....

Packing up to leave NC and head home before the next snow storm hits NJ.. Good planning?

Yesterday's eating was a bit more challenging, but I feel good about it. After wedding brunch was a buffet. Had some green beans and an egg white omelet with mushrooms and peppers. No cheese or butter! Dinner was another story. No veggies to eat, all appetizer stuff. Had some shrimp cocktail and ate some of the lettuce it was sitting on lol....also has some chicken ... Drank a ton of water and seltzer so I was not hungry.

Just finished my apole cinnamon puffs for my breakfast. Going to go get some coffee now and head out to the airport. We will have a nice lunch there...

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone. .
Old 01-25-2015, 08:08 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Sue, congratulations on making it through that big, complicated family event -- you planned, you improvised, and you conquered! IP is often "ideal" only when we are completely in control...something that's impossible to do at someone else's wedding weekend. But it sounds like you were thinking OP the entire time and did an amazing job at each event, right down to cleverly using the lettuce garnish when needed! Just think of every little decision you had to make the whole time -- would you have made those very wise and healthy decisions before IP?! That's a victory!

Getting all my veggies and water in are always the tough parts for me at events (well, also all the extra sodium intake from party foods), and flying adds its own bloats, of course, but you'll be home soon and maybe even get to enjoy a bonus snow day tomorrow! You should feel great about your determination to stay OP this weekend -- you've inspired many of us. Safe travels back.

Last edited by Mimi47; 01-25-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:17 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
Sue, congratulations on making it through that big, complicated family event -- you planned, you improvised, and you conquered! IP is often "ideal" only when we are completely in control...something that's impossible to do at someone else's wedding weekend. But it sounds like you were thinking OP the entire time and did an amazing job at each event, right down to cleverly using the lettuce garnish when needed! Just think of every little decision you had to make the whole time -- would you have made those very wise and healthy decisions before IP?! That's a victory!

Getting all my veggies and water in are always the tough parts for me at events (well, also all the extra sodium intake from party foods), and flying adds its own bloats, of course, but you'll be home soon and maybe even get to enjoy a bonus snow day tomorrow! You should feel great about your determination to stay OP this weekend -- you've inspired many of us. Safe travels back.
thanks for the kind words ....
Old 01-25-2015, 09:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

I have missed you ladies! My daughters keep me busy with their winter sports. I've had a good weekend on IP and even kept on track when tempted otherwize. It's funny how I have my eye on the end game and am so determined to get there. A friend of mine who is also on IP had to cheat one day as his mother is terminal and wanted a last supper with him. He said how sick he felt the next day and that just helped me see that it really would suck to cheat.

It has been 19 days on the plan for me and My body feels do good. I don't think I have ever committed to healthy eating for this long ever and am pretty amazed I made it this far. That only gives me the strength to keep pushing forward.

2 of my girl friends recently joined and it's nice having them to keep eachother on track.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #26  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Carmie - The quest bar thread Lisa directed you to is well worth reading beginning to end. Pretty sure somewhere at the beginning is an explanation of how to figure out which alternatives are restricted vs. non-restricted. All of the Quest bars I have tried are good - don't seem to have that chemical taste that some other bars do. I especially like double chocolate chunk!

I did weigh-in 3 of my reboot today and I am down a total of 10 pounds, so I am happy with that. About 20 more to go before I transition back to maintenance.

Not sure why I ever let this creep up on me - being back on plan is like riding a bike - easy!
Old 01-25-2015, 11:13 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Good morning IPeeps! Day 7 for me. I had a very interesting day yesterday. Went out of town with DH and DS. Went to the movies to see Unbroken. (great movie by the way). When I entered the building the wonderful smell of popcorn almost did me in. I stayed strong and thought about how hard I had worked and how I didn't want to derail this progress. So my NSV for yesterday was definitely resisting the popcorn. I know it sounds crazy but I honestly can't remember ever going to the movies and not getting popcorn.

Tomorrow is weigh-in for me. Can't wait to see the new number.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:14 AM   #28  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Happy Weekend Ladies!
I am super excited because I was able to add a ticker today.
I have been pretty busy this weekend, and it is so great to read the chat and see what you have all been up to.

Mercy Congratulations on starting the program. The headaches will subside quickly and it will be worth it in the end.
Jstbcuz: Congratulations on day 19, I am not too far ahead of you with today being day 22 for me. I must say it has been a long time since I have been so focused on a diet. Ideal protein is really making it easier for me. I wish I had close friends who were doing it with me right now, but I must say the support from this forum has truly been incredible for me. Reading advice and chatting with the group really keeps me strong.
Sue Awesome job with planning and staying focused this weekend.
TipTop Congratulations on all of that positive feedback and all of your weight loss thus far. Those compliments must have been so motivating!
Altkaton Happy Birthday! How did dinner go?
Lisa I literally laughed out loud when I read your comment about depleting the municipal water supply. I know I certainly feel that way sometimes. I rarely drank water prior to IP, now I am making sure I drink 8-10 a day.
I might have to take a trip to Barnes and Noble today and look into the Beck Diet Solution; you have mentioned it a few times, and my curiosity is piqued.

Last edited by Lilaberry; 01-25-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #29  

Rebooting - day 3---after gaining 20 pounds back, happy I kept some of what I lost off, but should of never left IP, it really works. Love reading here but have to become more involved so will say on and active. Hope everyone has a great Day!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2015, 01:21 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 187.4/137/140

Height: 5'4"

Went to the movies last night to see American Sniper. That wonderful scent of popcorn accosted me from outside the theater. The theater was packed, and we sat down immediately. The thought of climbing over all those people to get to the concession stand helped my resistance muscle stay strong!
Closed Thread