3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Community (long) Weekend Chat Sat 1/17 - Mon 1/19/2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/301754-ip-community-long-weekend-chat-sat-1-17-mon-1-19-2015-a.html)

lisa32989 01-17-2015 09:39 AM

IP Community (long) Weekend Chat Sat 1/17 - Mon 1/19/2015

IP Community Daily Chat
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

oneuh2 01-17-2015 09:55 AM

Help - how much spice in Sweet Fauxtato Pie?

I don't find a measure for how much pumpkin pie spice goes into the sweet fauxtato pie.... HELP! My rutabagas are roasted and I am putting it together this morning.., but how much spice to add is a mystery!!

The Pumpkin Pie recipe on the McCormick can of spice calls for one tablespoon.... I guess I will try that, if I don't here from you guys who have made this recipe repeatedly and know how much creates a really good flavored custard....

oneuh2 01-17-2015 10:05 AM

Quote:

Loser58: Thanks for the responses. I have had episodes of depression in the past, but what I am experiencing now feels more like the anxiety I had when I was doing fertility treatments and my hormones were completely out of whack. I will look into the serotonin link too. I have an appointment for Monday, if I learn anything about the food/diet connection, I will pass it along.
Glad you are seeing the doctor Monday -- I tackle low grade depression pretty regularly. I have never done any medication for it, but I certainly can appreciate that experience of misery. Hang in there -- you have lots of moral support here at 3FC IP.

This will sound juvenile, but pending getting in to the doc, how about treating yourself to a massage? Or maybe a good pedicure? Something luxurious that will feed your soul without food... you have worked so hard on your IP program - you deserve something that's just for you!

Lizzy63 01-17-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5119208)
I don't find a measure for how much pumpkin pie spice goes into the sweet fauxtato pie.... HELP! My rutabagas are roasted and I am putting it together this morning.., but how much spice to add is a mystery!!

The Pumpkin Pie recipe on the McCormick can of spice calls for one tablespoon.... I guess I will try that, if I don't here from you guys who have made this recipe repeatedly and know how much creates a really good flavored custard....

I have not made this, but plan to. Sounds like you're in a pinch...

I would do it by taste. Put in half of what you think you need, taste, and adjust. Everyone's preferences are different anyhow, so even if you had the amount from the recipe, it might not exactly suit you.

linda.lou 01-17-2015 10:54 AM

Arrgghhh! So frustrated! I burned TWO, not one but TWO pancakes this morning attempting to make my breakfast! Ughhhh! lol!

Luckily the third one turned out perfectly. Topped it with WF choc peanut spread, rolled it up like a crepe then poured some WF strawberry syrup over it and YUM!

Disappointed about 2 wasted packets though.

oneuh2 01-17-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy63 (Post 5119234)
I have not made this, but plan to. Sounds like you're in a pinch...

I would do it by taste. Put in half of what you think you need, taste, and adjust. Everyone's preferences are different anyhow, so even if you had the amount from the recipe, it might not exactly suit you.

Well the custard ramekins are in the oven right now - I used 1 Tblsp since that was a good indicator from the pumpkin spice tin recipe and the taste seemed ok to me.... I think I might have been able to give it more, but we'll see how it tastes this time, and see what kind of feedback I might get from here on the forum. Then I will annotate my copy of the recipe for next time I make it!

CenTXChk 01-17-2015 01:42 PM

Camping with friends and family this weekend. Staying OP no problem. Funny, camping in IP used to be stressful before. Guess I got used to skipping all the junk food and alcohol...although a drink would have been nice on a chilly evening like last night.

Since everyone was sleeping in this morning, I got up and went a couple garage sales. Found 2 FREE bottles of WF ketchup and BBQ sauce from someone who was "going to try a diet but changed her mind." Normally I wouldn't buy/take food from a stranger but they were sealed with an expiration date a good bit out. Didn't ask but wondered if she was talking about IP.

Also found a new salad spinner for $.25. Hoping that will speed up my salad prep.

Have a great weekend!!

frawniemae 01-17-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenTXChk (Post 5119320)
Camping with friends and family this weekend. Staying OP no problem. Funny, camping in IP used to be stressful before. Guess I got used to skipping all the junk food and alcohol...although a drink would have been nice on a chilly evening like last night.

Since everyone was sleeping in this morning, I got up and went a couple garage sales. Found 2 FREE bottles of WF ketchup and BBQ sauce from someone who was "going to try a diet but changed her mind." Normally I wouldn't buy/take food from a stranger but they were sealed with an expiration date a good bit out. Didn't ask but wondered if she was talking about IP.

Also found a new salad spinner for $.25. Hoping that will speed up my salad prep.

Have a great weekend!!

Hello fellow Texan! I LOVE the Hill Country! We camp, too, so I wanted to ask what advice you might have food wise for camping trips, if you don't mind! It's usually just me and the hubbie but sometimes the son and his wife will join us. I'm new to the IP diet but am open to alternative products.

Sounds like you hit some good garage sales! I use to enjoy them but found myself buying stuff I didn't need and then I would have to have my own sale to get rid of it all!

Thanks in advance!

CenTXChk 01-17-2015 05:34 PM

Hi Frawniemae! Love to meet a fellow camper. :D I usually grill turkey burgers or Applegate organic turkey hotdogs (all without the bun). This weekend we are close to home for kids sports so I premade venison chili. Guy Fieri has a Dragon's Breath chili recipe :stir: that I tweak (aka: wimpy dragon's breath), eliminating/substituting non-OP items and using reduced amounts of the spices he calls for. Then I'll throw in chopped up veggies. Yesterday was chopped mushrooms, chard, green onions and zucchini.

I use all IP products so snacks are covered.

Rayze 01-17-2015 06:32 PM

Hi all, I'm 5 days into Phase 2 and so far so good. I need to do better planning with the extra protein at lunch..probably not quite eating 8 oz. I do miss the IP bar as a snack. Looks like I'm still losing on P2. I'm down at least another lb. ideally I'd enter p4 at 170; gain 5 back from the carb intro and end up at 175 with 180 being my redline/scream weight. But it will be what it will be!

mars735 01-17-2015 06:47 PM

Congratulations, Rayze! :bravo:

DeterminedDieter 01-17-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linda.lou (Post 5119242)
Arrgghhh! So frustrated! I burned TWO, not one but TWO pancakes this morning attempting to make my breakfast! Ughhhh! lol!

Luckily the third one turned out perfectly. Topped it with WF choc peanut spread, rolled it up like a crepe then poured some WF strawberry syrup over it and YUM!

I don't know why, but I've burned a few pancakes too! It hurts a little more when you take the cost of them into account doesn't it! Glad you were able to enjoy one in the end :)

I have been eating the same food everyday for a while now and decided to switch things up. I bought a box of the pasta, cooked it all up and made three packs into a salad with broccoli and cauliflower and for the remaining four I have a vegetable marinara sauce simmering on the stove. It has tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers, I am hoping it freezes well (and tastes good)!

I hope everyone is having a great OP weekend!

Blueskies2 01-17-2015 07:42 PM

Hi all,
Had a tough day baking IP zucchini muffins and IP cookies...usually I bake well but did something wrong twice today.

The most perplexing is the IP cookies. I tried to make Lisa's recipe using Quest PB protein powder. They came out like light brown cardboard...did I put in too much egg white from the carton? Is there a trick to making them?

Thanks for any advice.

Briael 01-17-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

I had a lot of disasters using the vanilla drink as pancake mix (although the wildberry yoghurt comes out perfect every time - go figure!). In the end the outside was almost crispy but the inside wouldn't cook. I ended up scrambling it like eggs - tasted great but looked a mess. :)

murrcat 01-17-2015 10:12 PM

Congratulations on phase 2 rayze!

Mimi47 01-17-2015 10:47 PM

Ditto that^ Congrats on P2, Rayze! My coach originally said to stay in P1 until I was 80% toward goal weight. Last few weeks, she has switched to saying 100% to that weight. I guess it's OK with me, since I like P1 and am afraid of everything beyond. Just curious though: Did most of you all move to P2 when AT or ALMOST AT goal weight?

frawniemae 01-17-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenTXChk (Post 5119396)
Hi Frawniemae! Love to meet a fellow camper. :D I usually grill turkey burgers or Applegate organic turkey hotdogs (all without the bun). This weekend we are close to home for kids sports so I premade venison chili. Guy Fieri has a Dragon's Breath chili recipe :stir: that I tweak (aka: wimpy dragon's breath), eliminating/substituting non-OP items and using reduced amounts of the spices he calls for. Then I'll throw in chopped up veggies. Yesterday was chopped mushrooms, chard, green onions and zucchini.

I use all IP products so snacks are covered.

I'll have to look up that Dragon's Breath Chili. We love spicy stuff! I'll also have to start slipping in turkey to replace the gr beef we are so used to. Hubbie might frown but whatev; he'll just have to adjust along with me! As long as it doesn't taste like turkey, he'll be okay. Same about chicken. I have to really cover up the taste of it or he won't eat it.

Have to ask: what's ya'lls fav camping spot(s)! Ours are Lost Maples or Garner!

CenTXChk 01-17-2015 11:19 PM

Here's the recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...li-recipe.html

I brown 1lb ground venison/lean grd beef and start at the section with chili powder down to black pepper. Add IP appropriate canned tomatoes, water and veggies. If I'm feeling feisty I add jalapeņos. But I reduce all the seasonings by half. It is hot!

Love Gardner and Lost Maples. Such a beautiful area of TX. We have extended family in Leakey so we typically don't camp in that area since we have family to stay with. We camp quite often at Jim Hogg (Georgetown) and Union Grove (Belton). Have reservations for Bastrop in March. Interested to see how it is fairing since the fires.

Great to have you here to share recipes and ideas with!

Lilaberry 01-18-2015 06:12 AM

Happy long weekend everyone!
I recently had my second WI and I am down 3.4 lbs which brought me to (drum roll please lol) Onederland! I am so excited and so motivated to continue to stay OP, I feel like I have finally found something that works for me!

@Rayze, congratulations on your phase 2 success.
@Linda.lou Sorry about those first two pancake packets.
@CenTXChk Great finds! Nice job staying OP while camping!

Sgrealtor1 01-18-2015 07:23 AM

Good Morning everyone....

Busy weekend here as DS and I were at the animal shelter yesterday from 8am...there was lot of work to be done as they brought 20 dogs up from North Carolina yesterday...saved them from a hi kill shelter! Yeah.... They had 4 black lab puppy siblings that were so cute! But we did what we could to help and came home without a dog lol!

Back there again this morning and then tonight is one of our scheduled nights to serve dinner at the mission for the homeless.....gonna be a busy day!

OhZoe 01-18-2015 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5119555)

Busy weekend here as DS and I were at the animal shelter yesterday from 8am...there was lot of work to be done as they brought 20 dogs up from North Carolina yesterday...saved them from a hi kill shelter! Yeah.... They had 4 black lab puppy siblings that were so cute! But we did what we could to help and came home without a dog lol!

Back there again this morning and then tonight is one of our scheduled nights to serve dinner at the mission for the homeless.....gonna be a busy day!

Sounds like a great weekend! And congrats on the willpower......coming home without a puppy!

frawniemae 01-18-2015 07:53 AM

CenTXChk thanks for the link; I'm ashamed as a Texan to admit I rarely make chili but I believe it may just be added to my menu! Love Leakey! Lucky you to have folks there!

Lilaberry congrats on making it to Onderland! sounds like a beautiful place! I plan to be visiting it in about a year!

Sgrealtor1 sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday! I don't know that I could have left without a puppy though... :)

Lilaberry 01-18-2015 08:02 AM

Sue,
Your work sounds so rewarding.
I am in NJ too. Be careful on the roads; they are very slick and black ice is everywhere. I was going to run my errands and saw three accidents. My own car almost hit a parked car when I stopped to tell an officer about an accident I passed. I decided to abort my errand mission and return home.

Lizzy63 01-18-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimi47 (Post 5119491)
Ditto that^ Congrats on P2, Rayze! My coach originally said to stay in P1 until I was 80% toward goal weight. Last few weeks, she has switched to saying 100% to that weight. I guess it's OK with me, since I like P1 and am afraid of everything beyond. Just curious though: Did most of you all move to P2 when AT or ALMOST AT goal weight?

Hi, Mimi - I am in a reboot - first time around 1 stayed in phase 1 until goal, then moved directly to phase 3. I kept losing even into maintenance. I would be cautious about moving away from phase 1 before you reach goal. I have heard talk about the 5 lb. gain many people experience - something about glycogen stores - as they move into maintenance, although I did not experience that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5119495)
I'll have to look up that Dragon's Breath Chili. We love spicy stuff! I'll also have to strat slipping in turkey to replace the gr beef we are so used to. Hubbie might frown but whatev; he'll just have to adjust along with me! As long as it doesn't taste like turkey, he'll be okay. Same about chicken. I have to really cover up the taste of it or he won't eat it.

Frawniemae - he probably won't even notice - I think for some guys, it's more the idea of it than the taste. I've sneaked turkey into chili and my hubby did not know until I told him...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilaberry (Post 5119546)
I recently had my second WI and I am down 3.4 lbs which brought me to (drum roll please lol) Onederland! I am so excited and so motivated to continue to stay OP, I feel like I have finally found something that works for me!

Great job - it definitely works!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5119555)

Sgrealtor - Oooh - my "puppy" (8 YO yellow lab) would love to have a buddy... don't think I could have left without one of those little guys. What sort of shelter do you work with?

CenTXChk 01-18-2015 09:40 AM

Lilabarry - :carrot: Congrats on Onderland!!:carrot: You must be so excited!!

ChipnDip 01-18-2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

If you aren't opposed to alternatives, try the sugar free new hope mills pancake mix. Only about $5 a box. I have to order online but I believe it's in the US at grocery stores.

Quote:

I was 2 pounds above goal when I moved to phase 2 as I was going away in a month and wanted to have my fun day. I ended up 5 pounds below my goal weight starting p4. I didn't get the up pounds for the glycogen they talk about. My up pounds came in the form of war too mant Christmas cookies and other indulgences in the month of December!

I hint continuing to lose when you phase off depends on how low you go in the first place.my losses had never slowed down so obviously I still had some weight to lose and some people's bodies will respond well to a little more food.

Kcodrums 01-18-2015 10:17 AM

Had the best breakfast today...made a Belgian waffle from the choc chip pancake mix! Also, while I am frustrated with lack of movement on the scale this week I had a NSV this morning with a blood sugar reading of 73 (I am insulin resistant)!!

Mimi47 01-18-2015 12:16 PM

CenTXChk and frawniemae -- Gonna have to make chili today because my mouth's been watering since you mentioned Guy Fieri's recipe!

I'm with Lizzy63 -- my hubby and son don't even really notice when I use ground turkey instead of beef, especially in something like chili, which has so many other yummy ingredients. If making something that would benefit from a little more flavor, I sometimes use half beef and half turkey -- that works too!

Lizzy and ChipnDip -- glad to hear you did not get the up pounds, but I hear ya, and I think the risk of that extra 5-lb-gain might keep me on P1 just a bit longer…. Will see where I am at the next WI in 4 days.

lisa32989 01-18-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayze (Post 5119406)
I do miss the IP bar as a snack.

Why have you cut out the bar as a snack?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueskies2 (Post 5119426)
Hi all,
The most perplexing is the IP cookies. I tried to make Lisa's recipe using Quest PB protein powder. They came out like light brown cardboard...did I put in too much egg white from the carton? Is there a trick to making them?

Are you adding the other ingredients to dry quest powder? Some people have made the mistake of mixing a shake first.

I use
1 scoop quest powder
1 c (from raw) sauteed zucchini (which cooks down to much less)
1 egg white (measured from carton)
salt
baking powder
vanilla
in the amounts listed in the recipe. It makes a really thick "dough", much like a cookie dough.

Quote:

A few years back IP had you move to P2 when hitting 90% to goal. Then they increased it to 100% before phasing off. I'm wondering if too many people quit early and didn't reach goal?
I moved through p2 and p3 before moving to p4. I did 2 weeks each. I plan to do that again. To me, there is no rush in including more food choices.

I had to phase off early for health reasons. I moved my goal to where I phased off previously. Worst-case scenario I'll learn to maintain that weight for a while and then move lower. Best case would be I continue to lose in other phases. Either way, it's all good!

Sgrealtor1 01-18-2015 02:19 PM

Lizzy I work with a local animal shelter, but it's a no kill shelter so they take in a lot of dogs and cats from hi kill shelters and save them...

Roads were terrible this morning! We made it to the shelter, but we did about 15 mph. Lots of spinning cars around us so I kept my distance. We are off in another hour to feed the homeless....oye put too much on my plate today lol!

etherbunny 01-18-2015 03:34 PM

I'm hoping someone has answers for 2 quick questions. I've tried to search, but didn't find exact answers. If not, I'll check with my coach on Tuesday :)

1. 8 oz of tofu is A LOT of tofu. Is this the correct amount for a protein serving? (the recipe I'm making only calls for 3oz) If it is, I'll divide the protein amount between lunch and dinner

2. Any word on veggie cheese? I saw it in the store (next to the tofu) and was wondering if it's acceptable

On my unofficial home scale this morning, I'm at my lowest weight in 10 yrs. Hopefully, that will be reflected on the official WI in 48 hours.

lisa32989 01-18-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etherbunny (Post 5119710)
I'm hoping someone has answers for 2 quick questions. I've tried to search, but didn't find exact answers. If not, I'll check with my coach on Tuesday :)

1. 8 oz of tofu is A LOT of tofu. Is this the correct amount for a protein serving? (the recipe I'm making only calls for 3oz) If it is, I'll divide the protein amount between lunch and dinner

2. Any word on veggie cheese? I saw it in the store (next to the tofu) and was wondering if it's acceptable

Re: Tofu. Yup 8 oz

Re: veggie cheese. It is not on the protocol sheet. Some people have gone off-plan a bit to allow a TBSP of this from time-to-time.

etherbunny 01-18-2015 03:39 PM

Thanks Lisa! I knew someone would have the answers!

joysh 01-18-2015 03:40 PM

Hi All,

I was just cruising around the forum and saw these posts. Thought I'd put my two cents in here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5119495)
Have to ask: what's ya'lls fav camping spot(s)! Ours are Lost Maples or Garner!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenTXChk (Post 5119501)
Love Gardner and Lost Maples. Such a beautiful area of TX. We have extended family in Leakey so we typically don't camp in that area since we have family to stay with. We camp quite often at Jim Hogg (Georgetown) and Union Grove (Belton). Have reservations for Bastrop in March. Interested to see how it is fairing since the fires...

I love to camp at Inks Lake State Park near Burnet. I've been going there for years, even since I moved to LA 8 years ago. I still go back for 5-6 days in the summers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilaberry (Post 5119546)

Congratulations, Lilaberry! What an accomplishment!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5119678)
I moved through p2 and p3 before moving to p4. I did 2 weeks each. I plan to do that again. To me, there is no rush in including more food choices.!

I, too, stayed on P1 until I hit my goal weight. Then I spent 2 weeks on P2, and 2 weeks on P3 before going to P4. It was a great transition!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
:wave:

readytolive 01-18-2015 04:44 PM

I feel a bit like I'm returning with my tail between my legs, but here I am, again. :o I see a bunch of familiar faces from when I did this last year with a ton of weight lost! Congrats, ladies and gents! :) Unfortunately, I've gained quite a bit of mine back and I have not been on the scale in awhile, so I'm not sure where I will be starting at which is terrifying.

Long story short; I'm back and will be restarting IP later this week. I've been lurking on the forums for a week or so to make sure I can truly do this again. Oddly enough, the main thing that made me sure I can try it again? Rereading some of my old posts. I've done it before and I can do it again, but this time I will go all the way. My order just went through at Nashua and I'll be getting veggies/meats/etc for this week to start strong. Once I start, I'll remove my previous goals and tickers. In a way, it is reaffirming to me to see how much I was able to lose.

I'm looking forward to being back!

murrcat 01-18-2015 05:34 PM

Lilaberry, Congratulations on onederland!

Mimi,
I shifted to P2 within a couple of pounds of goal. My losses had become quite small and mentally I was more than ready to start the transition, knowing that I wanted to do the full four weeks of P2 and P3.
In P2, I lost inches, but only a quarter of a pound. I did P2 for the full 2 weeks, and I am in the first week of P3. I will do it for two weeks and go into P4 at the end of the month.

Now that I'm eating more calories, I've just started some strength exercising. I feel sore but great, and it's nice to be able to exercise without having to eat extra food to avoid bonking.

Everyone, have a great rest of the weekend!

carmie48 01-18-2015 05:38 PM

Well Hello IP Peeps! Back after nearly three days of no internet. Urgh, it was brutal but I am happy to report that I have 6 pounds in one week. I def have that familiar metallic taste in my mouth. Does anyone know how to get rid of it, or does it go away at all?
I got my Nashua Nutrition foods, and so far not too bad. The bacon cheese omelet needs some work,too runny. The taste is tolerable but prefer the IP herb and cheese omelet.
Hope everyone is well and has a great week.

Slipfree 01-18-2015 06:09 PM

Readytolive, welcome back! Of course you can do this, you know how to work the plan. Looking forward to celebrating your successes.

stephascope 01-18-2015 06:11 PM

Welcome back readytolive :D Many of us have returned to "reboot" or finish off what we started. IP works wonders but it won't be a 1 time cure all for everyone. You made the right decision to come back to it before you gained it all back plus some. Checking in here often really helps us all. Hope to see your future posts and progress! :hug:

S.

Quote:

Originally Posted by readytolive (Post 5119729)
I feel a bit like I'm returning with my tail between my legs, but here I am, again. :o I see a bunch of familiar faces from when I did this last year with a ton of weight lost! Congrats, ladies and gents! :) Unfortunately, I've gained quite a bit of mine back and I have not been on the scale in awhile, so I'm not sure where I will be starting at which is terrifying.

Long story short; I'm back and will be restarting IP later this week. I've been lurking on the forums for a week or so to make sure I can truly do this again. Oddly enough, the main thing that made me sure I can try it again? Rereading some of my old posts. I've done it before and I can do it again, but this time I will go all the way. My order just went through at Nashua and I'll be getting veggies/meats/etc for this week to start strong. Once I start, I'll remove my previous goals and tickers. In a way, it is reaffirming to me to see how much I was able to lose.

oneuh2 01-18-2015 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readytolive (Post 5119729)

Welcome back!
:welcome3:
And I love your signature block quote Ready2Live!!!
"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again."
This is the place to be to 'get rid of that weight'!!!