Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #61  

Default Running out of ideas for veggies

Does anyone have any good vegetable recipes for lunch time? Tired of the lettuce/salad stuff and would rather "save" my lean protein for dinner. How many times can you eat a cup of broccoli and a cup of cauliflower!:
Old 01-19-2015, 03:21 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdriad View Post
Does anyone have any good vegetable recipes for lunch time? Tired of the lettuce/salad stuff and would rather "save" my lean protein for dinner. How many times can you eat a cup of broccoli and a cup of cauliflower!:
Stir "fried" veggies are a go-to for me. I use celery, mushroom, bok choy, pappers

I also love either slaw or mock potato salad (made with cauliflower instead).

Also, for a long time, I pureed veggies and had them in my soups.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:22 PM   #63  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Hubbie kind of had a freaked out look on his face when he saw all the food I pulled from the pantry! I need to get busy now modifying my usual recipes and get my menu set up so he can see he isn't going to starve! I kept a few items that he is use to snacking on (mostly chips and granola bars - both of which I can resist). Once he sees how much "meat" we can eat in the evening, he'll be fine with it all. He is a man after all and he loves his meat and potatoes so part of this new journey will be finding recipes and ways to prepare foods so that he is still getting foods that are satisfying to both his taste buds and his "comfort".

It's a good thing I love to cook and try new foods and combinations of things! I've been perusing the different recipe threads here and am getting tons of ideas! I hope to be able to add to them in the near future!

Oh, Happy Monday!!

Last edited by frawniemae; 01-19-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 215/169/140

Height: 5'0

My mom ended back up in the hospital today (she has stage 4 breast cancer) so I packed a lunch box with a quest bar and a RTD - I def don't want to get thrown off track. I really wish there were more alternatives than that for on the go. Not used to being without a microwave and I'm trying to stay away from the grease grill downstairs. Any suggestions?
Old 01-19-2015, 05:29 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anikens View Post
My mom ended back up in the hospital today (she has stage 4 breast cancer) so I packed a lunch box with a quest bar and a RTD - I def don't want to get thrown off track. I really wish there were more alternatives than that for on the go. Not used to being without a microwave and I'm trying to stay away from the grease grill downstairs. Any suggestions?
I hope they're keeping your mom comfortable.

As for your RTG choices, Quest Chips (or any other IP or alt chips), hardboiled eggs, or just shake up a drink mix & take it already premixed. Just pour over ice to drink.

If you'll be going back & forth, you can make muffins from any packet or powder. I add zucchini b/c I like the texture better that way. You can also shake & heat soups at home and travel with them in a thermos.

I'm guessing you had the veggies under control since you didn't ask about those.

Take care. Hospitals are stressful places without adding the stress of sick parent.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-19-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:38 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
When I was in the hospital with my Dad I was trying to stay away from the cafeteria. I found a microwave on the floor Dad was on, in a small kitchen. You may want to ask the nurses if there is one close by. You may be surprised. Tough time for you and your Mom. Thoughts with you.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I hope they're keeping your mom comfortable.

As for your RTG choices, Quest Chips (or any other IP or alt chips), hardboiled eggs, or just shake up a drink mix & take it already premixed. Just pour over ice to drink.

If you'll be going back & forth, you can make muffins from any packet or powder. I add zucchini b/c I like the texture better that way. You can also shake & heat soups at home and travel with them in a thermos.

I'm guessing you had the veggies under control since you didn't ask about those.

Take care. Hospitals are stressful places without adding the stress of sick parent.
Thank you for your suggestions! I have some leftover veggies I can always add to a salad and eat cold. My clinic suggested the greek gazeebo light dressing and I'm currently obsessed. I'd just hate to get stuck when it's a situation I can control with some planning.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #68  
chirp

S/C/G: 186/176/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default IP Website for Tracking Weight, Etc.

Hi, all --

I've lost the address for the site where i can log in to keep an eye on my measurements and such (not the web site for the video).

I'm having a hard time staying on track. I think I need to participate more on these boards--pretty sure that would help me stay more motivated.

thanks!!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:34 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Anikens, my thoughts are with you and your mom.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:44 PM   #70  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Sending and prayers to your Mom, you and your family.

Take good care of yourself - you are doing terrific
Old 01-19-2015, 06:45 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Anikens, my thoughts are with you and your mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo View Post
When I was in the hospital with my Dad I was trying to stay away from the cafeteria. I found a microwave on the floor Dad was on, in a small kitchen. You may want to ask the nurses if there is one close by. You may be surprised. Tough time for you and your Mom. Thoughts with you.
Thank you both!! I found a small microwave when I was on the hunt for a good water source. I wouldn't have thought about it being open to us!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Sending kind thoughts and healing prayers, Aniken!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:19 PM   #73  

Quote:
Thank you both!! I found a small microwave when I was on the hunt for a good water source. I wouldn't have thought about it being open to us!
If the nurses know what you're needing, they'll show you where everything is. (Ice machine, water dispenser, refrigerator, etc). They're awesome!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Anikens, another thing you can do (if you're able to go home for a bit) is make a box of the pancakes up at one time, then keep them in the refrigerator in the room (assuming there is one - there was in my mom's room) and then just pop them in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds. I usually make a box of them on the weekends and pull them out of the fridge on my way out the door to work in the mornings.

I was in the hospital with my mom for 16 days when she had Stage 4 BC....the nurses are pretty nice and accomodating when you're staying up there. I even would put on pots of coffee in the middle of the night for the night shift! Prayers for you and your mom, sweetie. Hang in there.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #75  
Rebooting Mode

S/C/G: 227/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom

Sending prayers and hugs
Closed Thread