3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Community (long) Weekend Chat Sat 1/17 - Mon 1/19/2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/301754-ip-community-long-weekend-chat-sat-1-17-mon-1-19-2015-a.html)

canadjineh 01-18-2015 10:51 PM

Hehehehe... there is no grocery list for maintainers ;) except buy lots of veggies and stock up on good fats like nuts and nut butters, avocados, good oils, full fat dairy. Try not to buy any prepared foods that have a combo of high fats AND carbs (except for your Funday/meal).
Personally I find I go through less pasta, rice, quinoa, and fruit than I used to before starting IP.
Just lurk in our Maintainers What are You Eating thread for ideas of our menus. We usually put in a line or two on how we prepared or seasoned our foods so the MFP lists make more sense.

BTW, welcome back Readytolive! Hop on and keep goin!

Liana

frawniemae 01-18-2015 11:21 PM

Well, whooowee! I just cleaned out my pantry and OHMYGOODNESS! there must have been at least 10000 carbs in there! You have to know that I have been making up a menu a month at a time and had sides, rice mixes, helper mixes, pasta mixes, dried beans and about 4 different kinds of plain rice and then I opened my plain pasta and instant potato cabinet...let's just say that my daughter will not be needing to buy groceries for a llloooonnnngggg time now (except for her perishables of course). I hate to pass on so many carbs to her but they struggle to make ends meet but that right there is a whole nother story that I won't bore you with right now.

I didn't go through my canned veggies yet because I will be feeding my hubbie still and I can pass on those way easier that I can my carbs.

Tomorrow I tackle the freezer. It won't be as bad but I know there's some carbs hiding in there (and at least 2 packages of Girl Scout cookies).

I feel like I've already lost 10 pounds just by getting rid of all that stuff! If it's not here, I won't be tempted.

Sgrealtor1 01-19-2015 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readytolive (Post 5119729)
I feel a bit like I'm returning with my tail between my legs, but here I am, again. :o I see a bunch of familiar faces from when I did this last year with a ton of weight lost! Congrats, ladies and gents! :) Unfortunately, I've gained quite a bit of mine back and I have not been on the scale in awhile, so I'm not sure where I will be starting at which is terrifying.

Long story short; I'm back and will be restarting IP later this week. I've been lurking on the forums for a week or so to make sure I can truly do this again. Oddly enough, the main thing that made me sure I can try it again? Rereading some of my old posts. I've done it before and I can do it again, but this time I will go all the way. My order just went through at Nashua and I'll be getting veggies/meats/etc for this week to start strong. Once I start, I'll remove my previous goals and tickers. In a way, it is reaffirming to me to see how much I was able to lose.

I'm looking forward to being back!

welcome back! Post often and you will do this! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5119865)
Well, whooowee! I just cleaned out my pantry and OHMYGOODNESS! there must have been at least 10000 carbs in there! You have to know that I have been making up a menu a month at a time and had sides, rice mixes, helper mixes, pasta mixes, dried beans and about 4 different kinds of plain rice and then I opened my plain pasta and instant potato cabinet...let's just say that my daughter will not be needing to buy groceries for a llloooonnnngggg time now (except for her perishables of course). I hate to pass on so many carbs to her but they struggle to make ends meet but that right there is a whole nother story that I won't bore you with right now.

I didn't go through my canned veggies yet because I will be feeding my hubbie still and I can pass on those way easier that I can my carbs.

Tomorrow I tackle the freezer. It won't be as bad but I know there's some carbs hiding in there (and at least 2 packages of Girl Scout cookies).

I feel like I've already lost 10 pounds just by getting rid of all that stuff! If it's not here, I won't be tempted.

Love that you got everything out....no temptations necessary!

Today I have to work this morning on a report for work. Then DS has ice hockey at 2. I also need to figure out what I a wearing to this wedding weekend and I need to start packing as I have a really busy week ahead.

MizBeadz 01-19-2015 08:27 AM

Off to work! I think my school district is the only one in the state working today. Thank heavens there are no students, though...."professional development".....sigh......at least, I'm wearing jeans. Will stay at school and eat my food while the others go to their 1 1/2 hour lunch at the Taqueria........ Sorry for the rant. Didn't sleep well last night. On the up side~ the scale is 2 1/2 pounds from yesterday.

momat40 01-19-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizBeadz (Post 5119927)
Off to work! I think my school district is the only one in the state working today. Thank heavens there are no students, though...."professional development".....sigh......at least, I'm wearing jeans. Will stay at school and eat my food while the others go to their 1 1/2 hour lunch at the Taqueria........ Sorry for the rant. Didn't sleep well last night. On the up side~ the scale is 2 1/2 pounds from yesterday.

Way to go. Keep up your positive attitude!

-------------------

Last night was at a friends house. Five pizza pies out, I was so satisfied with my broccoli and steak. Some were saying, where is my steak?

Day 21 for me today and down 10 lbs :carrot::carrot::carrot:

CenTXChk 01-19-2015 08:44 AM

Happy Monday! Hope many of you are at home enjoying the long holiday weekend. I am working today :( but the kids are enjoying the day off from school.

Only lost 1.4 lbs this week (I know, using the dirty "O" word). I am not unhappy, just not impressed after several good loss weeks. My constant battle is getting in enough water.

Had a scary incident yesterday where I thought I'd lost my wedding ring. All of my rings are loose with my weight loss and I'd bought one of those clear rubber spacers for the back of my ring but it fell off my ring yesterday when packing up to go home from camping. I remember getting home and commenting the ring was still there but later noticed my finger was empty. Complete freak out! Thankfully I totally forgot taking it off when I got home. It was safe and sound on my dresser but not before racing home from my DD basketball tryouts to look for it. Taking it to a jeweler this week to put a more permanent temporary spacer on it until I am ready to resize. Whew!

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Lizzy63 01-19-2015 08:45 AM

Hi, all - I was on maintenance for 2 years before this reboot and never saw anything like a grocery list. There are so many options, it'd be hard to have a standard list.

I generally approached maintenance as phase 3, with some extras. That worked for me for a long time - until I really went off the reservation! I continued phase 3 breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with addition of whole wheat bread or roll, or fruit here and there. Maybe some cheese or nuts once in a while. Somehow, thinking about it as phase 3 with extras made it less scary...

CenTXChk 01-19-2015 08:56 AM

Happy Monday! Hope many of you are at home enjoying the long holiday weekend. I am working today :( but the kids are enjoying the day off from school.

Only lost 1.4 lbs this week (I know, using the dirty "O" word). I am not unhappy, just not impressed after several good loss weeks. My constant battle is getting in enough water.

Had a scary incident yesterday where I thought I'd lost my wedding ring. All of my rings are loose with my weight loss and I'd bought one of those clear rubber spacers for the back of my ring but it fell off my ring yesterday when packing up to go home from camping. I remember getting home and commenting the ring was still there but later noticed my finger was empty. Complete freak out! Thankfully I totally forgot taking it off when I got home. It was safe and sound on my dresser but not before racing home from my DD basketball tryouts to look for it. Taking it to a jeweler this week to put a more permanent temporary spacer on it until I am ready to resize. Whew!

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Kellyc14 01-19-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readytolive (Post 5119729)
I feel a bit like I'm returning with my tail between my legs, but here I am, again. :o I see a bunch of familiar faces from when I did this last year with a ton of weight lost! Congrats, ladies and gents! :) Unfortunately, I've gained quite a bit of mine back and I have not been on the scale in awhile, so I'm not sure where I will be starting at which is terrifying.

Long story short; I'm back and will be restarting IP later this week. I've been lurking on the forums for a week or so to make sure I can truly do this again. Oddly enough, the main thing that made me sure I can try it again? Rereading some of my old posts. I've done it before and I can do it again, but this time I will go all the way. My order just went through at Nashua and I'll be getting veggies/meats/etc for this week to start strong. Once I start, I'll remove my previous goals and tickers. In a way, it is reaffirming to me to see how much I was able to lose.

I'm looking forward to being back!

:welcome: Glad you are back!! You can do this!!!! :carrot::carrot:

kimo88 01-19-2015 10:26 AM

CenTXChk - Omg I would have had a heart attack! Thank goodness you didn't lose your ring!

Vista110 01-19-2015 11:52 AM

Good Morning folks! I've been lurking for waaaay too long and I'm jumping in! I lost 35 pounds 10/13 - 2/14 and then fell off the wagon....really far off the wagon. Gained it all back :(

So, I'm in reboot mode. Started on Jan 2nd and have lost about 2 pounds (TOM threw things off and I had a few bags of steam fresh with carrots so I ate them - yes, no big loss but it was my fault). I'm in ketosis now and I'm feeling really good. Experiencing the Big C at the beginning but now I'm back to normal.

I'm doing IP with alternatives this time (I'm almost out of credit card debt so IP was out of the question financially) and it seems to be working. I love those Quest bars!

Excited to walk this journey with all of you and compare notes!

Wishing everyone an OP day :)

SweetRelease713 01-19-2015 01:48 PM

Any other bloggers?
 
3 Fat Chicks doesn't currently have their blogs open, so I created my own blog at:
http://sweetrelease713.blog.com/

Anybody else have one?

Rayze 01-19-2015 02:00 PM

I'm hungry today! Luckily I have weigh-in tomorrow as an extra incentive to stay on the straight and narrow. I definitely have to up the water...I feel better in general when I drink enough!

oneuh2 01-19-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetRelease713 (Post 5120100)
3 Fat Chicks doesn't currently have their blogs open, so I created my own blog at:
http://sweetrelease713.blog.com/

Anybody else have one?

I don't have a blog (tho I love to write) but thanks for sharing yours - I look forward to checking in with your there from time to time!

SweetRelease713 01-19-2015 02:18 PM

Blogging
 
Oneuh2, thanks. In case you do feel like blogging at some point, blog.com is free (unless you want to spend money on upgrades) and pretty easy to use. I am just starting out, and I am not tech savvy, but in time, perhaps, I'll know some other things too.:smug::)
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5120109)
I don't have a blog (tho I love to write) but thanks for sharing yours - I look forward to checking in with your there from time to time!



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.