Old 01-13-2015, 03:58 PM   #1  
NotFatAnymore

S/C/G: 231/178/180

Height: 6'

Default Not a fan of Phase II

I am sure this is 100% psychological, but I've gotten so used to Phase 1 (~4 months, 53lbs lost) that Phase 2 feels like I a eating way too much. My weight loss has stalled and I've been flat for a week now. My wife and I joke about "fat days" and "skinny days", depending on how we feel (if that makes any sense). Well, ever since I started Phase II, I have had nothing but "fat days". I'm not cheating, and am sticking to the program religiously...yet the scale has remained the same.

Is this normal? Psychological, or normal physical reaction? I'm frustrated and wouldn't mind going back on Phase 1...haha

TxWxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

I hated Phase 2 too. Too much protein for me! I did lose weight during the second week. I think our bodies/brains just need time to adjust. There is hope, because I loved Phase 3. Stay the course, it gets better.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:36 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Your weight loss SHOULD stall...you are coming off the weight loss phase when you move into P2 and moving toward maintenance! Not everyone continues to lose, though it does happen.

That said, P2 is a LOT of protein. I found I actually had to break up my "lunch" protein and have some with breakfast (usually in the form of a HB egg/scrambled egg) and then have a little less at lunch - it was just too much to eat at once.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #4  
NotFatAnymore

S/C/G: 231/178/180

Height: 6'

I'm guessing that exercising is changing it up now...

I had my weigh in this morning. I'm up 2lbs, but thigh/arm/hips/waist are all the same measurement as I was at 178, my body fat dropped by a half a percent, putting me in the "Athletic" category (yay! victory in title! haha!) and my lean mass went up by 2.5lbs.

I've become so fixated on the bottom line (weight lost) that I miss the other key aspects that go in to the overall picture.

I like the idea of spreading out some of the protein. I could *easily* remove 2oz of protein at lunch and dinner, but replace it with a hard boiled egg snack late morning and late afternoon.
TxWxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

I am looking forward to phase 2, once I loose all this weight because I am 1 week in and I miss crossfit, lol
jstbkuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:02 PM   #6  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post
I am looking forward to phase 2, once I loose all this weight because I am 1 week in and I miss crossfit, lol
You can start back with an exercise program after 4 weeks, just have to watch how you feel and make sure you have an additional packed before or right after you work out. The level of intensity is what will kill you, need to approach it very consciously and be very aware of how you're reacting to the cardio. It will also help your body (skin, muscle tone, etc) catch up with your weight loss.

E
ecdcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
You can start back with an exercise program after 4 weeks, just have to watch how you feel and make sure you have an additional packed before or right after you work out. The level of intensity is what will kill you, need to approach it very consciously and be very aware of how you're reacting to the cardio. It will also help your body (skin, muscle tone, etc) catch up with your weight loss.

E
Good to know Thanks

I do play competitive basketball once a week and my coach advised me to have a extra ip drink right before right for energy, so I will try that Friday and maybe save my restricted snack for right after.
jstbkuz is offline   Reply With Quote