Old 03-20-2015, 08:21 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

UGH! I didn't get my run in this morning. I had a terrible nigh'ts sleep, and chose to stay in bed longer when my alarm went off. I'm disappointed because it's my final run before running 5k. So I'm thinking I'll either try to get it in this evening or get up a bit earlier than I like to on a Saturday and get it in before we head to the cabin. The forecast looks pretty good too, -1C and not too windy!! Spring has finally arrived And you might think me crazy, but as long as the snow and ice last for the next three weeks I am happy with the warmer weather

Mimi I start phase 3 on Saturday too I think I'm looking forward to it, my pre-IP breakfast were pretty much PB toast so I wouldn't consider myself a breakfast person. Though I did joyfully indulge in the occasional brunch. I also have the 6+ and thought I would keep my 4 specifically for running as I thought it would look ridiculous running with the 6+ on my arm, but my DH bought me an armband for it and I think I would still use it out in public It certainly doesn't feel anymore cumbersome than the 4. Enjoy your time south!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by DeterminedDieter; 03-20-2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: typo
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:24 AM   #212  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

I did not get my run in yesterday (week 7 D2). It is crazy weather here and began to sleet and rain as I was to meet a friend. I will go today and then again on Sunday. I will still get my 3 days in for the week.
Can not wait for nicer running weather to show up soon!
boyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:29 AM   #213  

Completed week 8 Day 3! I am now ready to run 5ks!
Old 03-21-2015, 08:50 AM   #214  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Congratulations!! Do you have a race picked out yet?

Last edited by boyz4us; 03-21-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #215  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Woot Woot, well done DD.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:17 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Yahoooo, DD!!! And what a time to get to this milestone … on Day One of the Big Breakfasts! Congrats to you! Hope you felt great all day today. I loved what seemed like a gluttonous meal this morning … so much so that I just didn't care about my boring salad with turkey for lunch and then my boring salad with salmon for dinner. And I even forgot about getting in the extra IP snack! Life is good

Amanda -- your race is coming up! What is the speed goal you are striving to achieve? And on the push-ups, this new trainer started me doing push-ups with my arms on a bench (instead of on the ground; feet still on ground). That can still be a work-out -- have you tried it? I predict I will forever be needing to work on my core….
Mimi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:15 AM   #217  

Thanks guys I don't have a 5k race picked out, I've "run" for the past three years in an annual 10k that happens Thanksgiving weekend (Canadian) they run three races that day, the 10k, half, and full (Boston Marathon qualifying). So I will practice my 5k for now, I'm hoping the run, zombie app I downloaded will keep things interesting, and I'll keep an ear/eye out for any organized 5k and eventually start training for the 10k. Hopefully I will be able to run the whole thing or at least most of it.

I hope everyone has a great week of running and staying OP
Old 03-23-2015, 10:17 AM   #218  

Default Week 7 done!

Finished day #3 of Week 7 yesterday. Ready to move on to week 8. Frustrated with the weather we are having right now. I realize it is only March in midwest but so tired (every year!) of the roller coaster temperatures. Just ready for my summer runs!!
Going to spend some time mapping out some 5K's in the next couple months-and just want to keep building my mileage and will need to gradually (post injury) add some hill work soon.
Good Luck to everyone on the C25K week!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:28 PM   #219  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
Thanks guys I don't have a 5k race picked out, I've "run" for the past three years in an annual 10k that happens Thanksgiving weekend (Canadian) they run three races that day, the 10k, half, and full (Boston Marathon qualifying). So I will practice my 5k for now, I'm hoping the run, zombie app I downloaded will keep things interesting, and I'll keep an ear/eye out for any organized 5k and eventually start training for the 10k. Hopefully I will be able to run the whole thing or at least most of it.

I hope everyone has a great week of running and staying OP
Have you taken a look at the organised race site at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
Amanda -- your race is coming up! What is the speed goal you are striving to achieve? And on the push-ups, this new trainer started me doing push-ups with my arms on a bench (instead of on the ground; feet still on ground). That can still be a work-out -- have you tried it? I predict I will forever be needing to work on my core….
I'm aiming to get to at least a 10 min mile. Been working intervals this week and have managed to get it to 10:15, but doubt I can sustain that over 5k at present. I've got issues with the ITB after making running adjustments for the injured knee. Not sure if it's better to power through with the knee (it's painful but not actually rubbing) or slow down and keep making minor adjustments with stride patterns. Weirdly enough, running itself doesn't hurt, it's only when I stop and do more "normal" movements or going between sitting to standing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Finished day #3 of Week 7 yesterday. Ready to move on to week 8. Frustrated with the weather we are having right now. I realize it is only March in midwest but so tired (every year!) of the roller coaster temperatures. Just ready for my summer runs!!
Going to spend some time mapping out some 5K's in the next couple months-and just want to keep building my mileage and will need to gradually (post injury) add some hill work soon.
Good Luck to everyone on the C25K week!
Nice nice nice, b4. Way to go on those long runs. Not sure I fancy 100+ degree temps for outdoor running though.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #220  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post

I'm aiming to get to at least a 10 min mile. Been working intervals this week and have managed to get it to 10:15, but doubt I can sustain that over 5k at present. I've got issues with the ITB after making running adjustments for the injured knee. Not sure if it's better to power through with the knee (it's painful but not actually rubbing) or slow down and keep making minor adjustments with stride patterns. Weirdly enough, running itself doesn't hurt, it's only when I stop and do more "normal" movements or going between sitting to standing.

Nice nice nice, b4. Way to go on those long runs. Not sure I fancy 100+ degree temps for outdoor running though.
Ha! Yes 100 and humid tough for running but I much prefer it over the frigid midwestern winters of ice and blowing snow and horrible windchils. at least in the summer you can run early a.m. or later evening (my preference) and get some reprieve unlike winter. But I am a 100% hot weather summer girl! I love now I can throw on a tank top and shorts and out the door instead of figuring out my layering and where to stash clothes as I peel them off. bummed that I am on a work break this whole week and we are having poor weather.
I will have to look at the link you tagged of organized races and see what that is about.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #221  

Default Out of curiosity and because I love to talk running.....

Who is running today (Tuesday March 24th)? What week or distance are you doing? Do you do C25K by distance or by time? Are you planning to do a race when you finish the program or are you planning to continue to run after the the program ends?

Last edited by boyz4us; 03-24-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:07 AM   #222  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post

I just looked at the USA race site by state. Love that! I follow a couple running club facebook sites that are in my area and they have a calendar of races. This is wonderful! Thanks for posting!
Old 03-24-2015, 10:40 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'5

Hi! I am new to IP and now that it is warming up I want to start training for a 5k. How long should I be on the protocol before I start training?

Thanks!

Jenn
jenniferk525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #224  
Reboot 11 June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferk525 View Post
Hi! I am new to IP and now that it is warming up I want to start training for a 5k. How long should I be on the protocol before I start training?

Thanks!

Jenn
Hi Jenn!

You need to give your body time to get into the swing of ketosis, and get an idea of your body will perform on ketones. Everyone is different in how long it takes to see patterns and know how the increased exercise is affecting them. Much will also depend on your overall level of aerobic fitness, too. If you are a very physically active person it won't be too hard for your body to adapt to running intervals.

Personally, I'd give it at least 8-10 weeks before even thinking of introducing running. Meanwhile you could put some walking in, gradually increase your walking pace and see what effect it has on how you feel in terms of tiredness, weakness and hunger.

The beauty of the 5k training plan is that you start off with short intervals of running. The most important thing is to ensure that you take in water and some electrolytes after a session (for some it's a homemade pedialyte, or just a sachet of salt) especially in the summer months. Once you get to Week 5 you're going to want to be taking an extra packet before you run, so that your blood sugar level doesn't drop too low and hinder your weight loss.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:29 PM   #225  

I was away from home and haven't run since Saturday. Missing it and hoping I get back on track tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good running week