Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 11:02 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Awesome losses and planning ladies. Love the 100% OP mentality, that's what kept helped me the first time around.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 186/186/150

Height: 5'8

4 days 100% OP and down 8 lbs.! I am so happy to be past the first three days of my reboot, starting to feel the energy increase in ketosis.
Here's to an OP weekend, my most challenging time.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #33  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

HI Everyone!

I posted a 6.5 loss this week, my first week back on P1 and the first week of the challenge. Yay! It feels so good to be back and to see the scale go in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
IPN! I just posted a -6 (was 5.2 on Wednesday) in the first week of the Spring challenge. My focus (intention in my yoga practice) is to look forward. I can only change the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnergrl View Post
4 days 100% OP and down 8 lbs.! I am so happy to be past the first three days of my reboot, starting to feel the energy increase in ketosis. ...Here's to an OP weekend, my most challenging time.
Great Losses Lisa and Runnergrl! Hooray for us!!

Sounds like a good plan for the football game, Scorbett! Have fun!

I've got my book group here tomorrow night. That means some wine temptation, but I'll do fine. This book is by a Russian author, and we usually eat food of the culture of the book. Instead of beef stronganov I'm going to cook salmon. A little more expensive, but it'll keep me better OP. I'll also have ample veggies available for snacking and dinner.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #34  
Emporium owner

S/C/G: 265/179/160

I have been on IP for 5 months and lost 55Lbs so far, but the rate of loss has slowed as I have let 8oz turn into 10oz or so, the little stuff that creeps in on you so I am locking into 100% compliance and getting these last 48Lbs off! Count me in for 100%
Old 01-09-2015, 04:38 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

First week of my reboot is in the books! Today starts W2, D1...a day at a time! Down 3.5 pounds and looking forward to watching the fat melt off my waist and tummy....and get my "numbers" back in line before I have blood work done next month. Hope everyone has a great afternoon!

Joysh, where in Louisiana are you?
Old 01-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #36  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
I have been on IP for 5 months and lost 55Lbs so far, but the rate of loss has slowed as I have let 8oz turn into 10oz or so, the little stuff that creeps in on you so I am locking into 100% compliance and getting these last 48Lbs off! Count me in for 100%
Welcome, Ted! Sounds like you're doing well. This is the place to be for support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
First week of my reboot is in the books! Today starts W2, D1...a day at a time! Down 3.5 pounds and looking forward to watching the fat melt off my waist and tummy...Joysh, where in Louisiana are you?
Congrats on your first week! I just finished my first week of reboot also. I'm in Natchitoches!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:16 PM   #37  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Wecome back, Momat40! And welcome, Ted!

Great losses for lots of you - Rainbow, Joysh, Lisa, Cadu, Runnergrl, sstw1 (and anyone I may have missed)!!

Still sticking to it 100%. Hoping I have a good weigh-in on Monday morning. I am telling myself that it won't be like my first time around when I lost 7.25 my first week. I had more to lose then...

Already seeing some of the other benefits of low carb - my skin is looking great and night sweats have all but disappeared. Over the past year, I forgot the other reasons I should stick with low carb eating.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Rainbow: I'm so proud of you! Happy you're back (not that you have to reboot but you know what I mean!)

Way to go on the CNA license as well
HI!!!!

Quote:
IPN!

I just posted a -6 (was 5.2 on Wednesday) in the first week of the Spring challenge. My focus (intention in my yoga practice) is to look forward. I can only change the future
Nice Weigh in!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
HI Everyone!

I posted a 6.5 loss this week, my first week back on P1 and the first week of the challenge. Yay! It feels so good to be back and to see the scale go in the right direction.
Nice Weigh in!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Already seeing some of the other benefits of low carb - my skin is looking great and night sweats have all but disappeared. Over the past year, I forgot the other reasons I should stick with low carb eating.
I noticed the same thing with my skin. Why did I stop eating healthy?!?!? I kick myself all the time. I am so glad I am back and feeling/seeing all the results!

Hi to everyone! I love this group! I was supposed to WI this morning but I overslept and trying to get 4 kids, a husband and myself ready to go...wasn't going to happen. I will WI tomorrow. I am feeling like I have lost so I am hoping for a good number despite my stress earlier in the week.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:05 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 186/186/150

Lizzy63 - I hope one of the side effects is getting rid of noght sweats, they are killing me.

Went to dinner and movie tonight and stayed 100% OP. Had grilled chicken salad at greek restaurant with lemon and OO and took my restricted choco balls for the movie. I picked up a hot tea for the movie too. I find it helps if I have something to sip on throughout to distract me from my husbands popcorn munching and tea sure does the trick.
Feeling proud!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #40  

2 pound loss this morning! I will take it. I have a day of cleaning my house and getting organized again. I am also going to make mockamole and cookies today.

Good Job Runnergrl! Resisting the popcorn is tough, but that feeling of pride when you make it through it AMAZING!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:43 AM   #41  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post

I am so happy for you. That is terrific. I just came back from my first weigh in I lost 3.5 lbs and a total of 2.25 inches. Not as good as 10 lbs but I'll take it.
awww i am so proud of you!!! 3.5 is an amazing loss!! we all move at different paces...some weeks better than others, and those like me who have more to lose usually lose more that first week. its all comparative. i certainly didn't mean for my post to be discouraging in any way! keep doing what you are doing, you are doing great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post

Just wanted to take a minute out to say hi to all of you wonderful people. Today is day 7 of my reboot on P1 so tomorrow I can post my weight on the challenge spreadsheet. I think it will be a 5-6 pound loss, which I'm very happy about. Unlike some of you, I weigh every morning. Now that it's going down, I just can't wait to get on the scale and see those numbers!

I do eat a dill pickle at night when I feel a cramp coming on.
hi joy!! did i miss your weigh in?? how did you do?

also, does eating a dill pickle at night help?? the leg cramps have arrived and oooo they hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post

For me this time around, it is all about planning ahead. Last time I found myself winging it at times and that was when I would be very hungry or on the verge of falling off track. If I have everything prepared, there is no question as to what I am going eat... it is so simple.

WI this morning and am down 3.. but I knew that already cause I am an obsessive weigher lol.. Joy I laughed out load at your comment about daily weighing and not caring. I am going to try not to weigh everyday this week, lets see what happens.

have a great day everybody
planning ahead is the best way for me to! sometimes i can wing it ok, like last night, i was tired and didn't have anything already cooked in the veggie department, and wasn't in the mood for a salad, but in the end, i took the time to saute some summer squash and zucchini and in the end was so proud i did. sometimes you just want to GRAB something to eat, and i need to work on having more veggies already cooked and ready to eat this week!

great job on the weight loss!!! we are back in the swing of things now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Rainbow: I'm so proud of you! Happy you're back (not that you have to reboot but you know what I mean!)

Way to go on the CNA license as well
newbie!!! ooo i remember you too from when i was here before!! how are you??

Quote:
IPN!

I just posted a -6 (was 5.2 on Wednesday) in the first week of the Spring challenge.

I've decided during reboot, I AM going to do more frequent scale checks.
Need to learn maintenance skills. It is never too early to start practicing.

I'd never recommend daily WIs for people who allow the scale to dictate how they feel. My scale intention will be detachment. Observe factually and move on, making any adjustments necessary.
lisa on the loss this week!! woohoo!!!!! i have stayed off the scale again this week, week 2, weigh in day is wed. so i am itching to know, but i do allow the scale to dictate my mood sometimes, so this time for me, for awhile at least, i am trying not to peek at all.

as long as i do what i know is right, i don't have to worry about the scale
the scale will take care of itself!!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:45 AM   #42  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnergrl View Post

Went to dinner and movie tonight and stayed 100% OP. Had grilled chicken salad at greek restaurant with lemon and OO and took my restricted choco balls for the movie. I picked up a hot tea for the movie too. I find it helps if I have something to sip on throughout to distract me from my husbands popcorn munching and tea sure does the trick.
Feeling proud!
well done!!!! tea is one of my go to saving graces on ip!!! all kinds of flavors and i love hot tea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
2 pound loss this morning! I will take it. I have a day of cleaning my house and getting organized again. I am also going to make mockamole and cookies today.
having a loss after the week you have encountered is totally A-MAY-ZING!! well done!!!!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #43  
Feed Your Freedom

good weekend everyone!!

the headaches are gone!! the leg cramps have arrived along with the grungy teeth coating and dry mouth
i forgot about! but at least i know i am doing something right this way hahaha

gonna plan even better this coming week! loaded up with more veggies!! i forgot how much i love veggies!!

i have never liked mushrooms...don't even know how to cook them really,
but....since they are a freebie...anyone have any good ideas on how i can make them?? i am willing to keep trying! HA!

Old 01-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
the headaches are gone!! the leg cramps have arrived along with the grungy teeth coating and dry mouth
i forgot about! but at least i know i am doing something right this way hahaha

gonna plan even better this coming week! loaded up with more veggies!! i forgot how much i love veggies!!

i have never liked mushrooms...don't even know how to cook them really,
but....since they are a freebie...anyone have any good ideas on how i can make them?? i am willing to keep trying!
[/CENTER][/SIZE]
They're only a freebie if they're raw (same with all the "freebies"). I'm not fond of raw mushrooms.

Don't forget your potassium supplement to combat the leg cramps

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-10-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #45  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
They're only a freebie if they're raw (same with all the "freebies"). I'm not fond of raw mushrooms.

Don't forget your potassium supplement to combat the leg cramps
ahhhh raw mushrooms ok!! i might have to take a bite and see!! would dried ones count??

i am taking potassium
Closed Thread