Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 06:11 AM   #16  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i can't tell you all how good it is to see you all here...friends from before and new friends...
it is very comforting, like an encouraging hug

i am so glad the new year came and i came back with it!
week one has come and gone and i am feeling excited!

one thing i did all week, i stayed away from a scale...
and i just kept saying,

just do what you know you need to do and the scale will take care of itself!

I agree coming to this forum and seeing all you fine people makes this journey much easier and more enjoyable. I admit I am an obsessive daily weigher. Tomorrow is my official WI day. I am going to try to not weigh myself till next WI day. I weigh myself 1st thing in the morn and my moods do tend to follow what the scale says..
Old 01-08-2015, 06:28 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Hello ladies,

I too am doing a reboot. I lost 50 lbs back in 2012 and maintained for a good year. I rebooted a couple of times, but regain about 20 because I don't phase off properly or things got in the way. But this time is different. I'm a week and a half in and so determined to continue 100% OP.

I posted very little. but read the information daily and know this is the only lifestyle that makes me feel good. I used to weigh myself daily the first time around, and now feel that I could trust the scale every week.

Like last time, I'll be using alternatives. In regards to Potassium, I go to Nutrition Smart and buy all supplements there. The potassium is the Country Life brand. On Sat, they have 10% off and usually have a $5 off coupon in the monthly coupon mailers.

So looking forward to phasing off properly this time and keeping it off for good.

Thank you ladies for your honesty on these boards.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:26 AM   #18  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
i read this before:

the FDA made Ideal Protein clinics in the US stop using the original formula of Potassium Calcium (800 mg of potassium in potassium bicarbonate form plus 200 mg of calcium in calcium carbonate form.) The FDA said that these were prescription level doses. The new potassium supplement is 99 mg of potassium citrate. Dose is one per day.
Huh - Guess I have an old bottle, but I wonder if the lower dose will do the trick, since I sometimes get leg cramps even with that?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:19 AM   #19  

S/C/G: SW 232.2/230.6/137

I've read through Volume 34 and this is going to be my new hangout spot. I *know* IP works when you do it 100%, I just need y'all to help me stay there! 90% doesn't work for me. That 90% turns to 85%, then 80%...then 0%. 110% it has to be for me.

Does anyone have the links for volume 33 and earlier? Or volume 32 and earlier? I think there may have been a link to 33 in the last volume but none before that. Google search didn't turn up much and I'd like to avoid going back through 400+ pages if at all possible...but I will if necessary. I'm the type of person that like to read from the beginning through to the end. Thanks!

Last edited by taffetadarling; 01-08-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:06 PM   #20  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffetadarling View Post
I've read through Volume 34 and this is going to be my new hangout spot. I *know* IP works when you do it 100%, I just need y'all to help me stay there! 90% doesn't work for me. That 90% turns to 85%, then 80%...then 0%. 110% it has to be for me.

Does anyone have the links for volume 33 and earlier? Or volume 32 and earlier? I think there may have been a link to 33 in the last volume but none before that. Google search didn't turn up much and I'd like to avoid going back through 400+ pages if at all possible...but I will if necessary. I'm the type of person that like to read from the beginning through to the end. Thanks!
If someone doesn't send you the link, try doing an advance search of titles only (don't search the posts, too). I searched "volume" and most of the Home of the 100%'s came up. Probably a better search term would be 100%, now that I'm thinking about it...
Old 01-08-2015, 01:02 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffetadarling View Post
Most of the new volumes (over the last few years) have a link to the old one in the first or 2nd post.
So, there is link to 34 in the first post of this thread.
There is probably a link to 33 in the first post of 34, and so on.
If not, you'll need to do a search for "Home of the 100%"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Huh - Guess I have an old bottle, but I wonder if the lower dose will do the trick, since I sometimes get leg cramps even with that?
It is a completely different forumulation, so not really a "lower dose". Potassium Citrate and Potassium Bicarbonate take different dosages to affect the same result.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #22  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

heading into week 2!! feeling confident and determined and strong

feels good to be back enjoying delicious vegetables again! i forgot how much i love good veggies!!!

it is harder than my first time around as i am working now and cook food everyday for a couple i take care of. many temptations and today, the lady i care for told me she had never seen such resolve and someone so determined! made me feel proud!

back last year, in jan. i started my own business, "Cottage Companion" and started caring for a lovely couple. 87 and 89. I became a CNA and have been with them a year now. they are such dear people and i am so blessed. they are very supportive even if "papa paul", as i call him, forgets and offers me gingersnaps and doughnuts! he is going to turn 90 in a few weeks...

i am thankful to be able to be on 3fc again.

hope everyone has a great rest of the week and a fantastic weekend!

stay encouraged and keep focused!!
and laugh a little every day!!

Old 01-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #23  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=rainbowsmiles;5113939]
well color me HAPPY!!

ReBoot Week 1 weigh in - 10.2!! off to a great start.
this is the first time i have ever stayed 100% OP the entire week
without getting on the scales at some point through the week for a peek, so it was a SHOCK!
especially since it was only 6 days!!
gotta love IP

I am so happy for you. That is terrific. I just came back from my first weigh in I lost 3.5 lbs and a total of 2.25 inches. Not as good as 10 lbs but I'll take it.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momat40 View Post
Hello ladies,

I too am doing a reboot. I lost 50 lbs back in 2012 and maintained for a good year. I rebooted a couple of times, but regain about 20 because I don't phase off properly or things got in the way. But this time is different. I'm a week and a half in and so determined to continue 100% OP.

I posted very little. but read the information daily and know this is the only lifestyle that makes me feel good. I used to weigh myself daily the first time around, and now feel that I could trust the scale every week.

Like last time, I'll be using alternatives. In regards to Potassium, I go to Nutrition Smart and buy all supplements there. The potassium is the Country Life brand. On Sat, they have 10% off and usually have a $5 off coupon in the monthly coupon mailers.

So looking forward to phasing off properly this time and keeping it off for good.

Hello!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #25  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

I'm still at school, working late. I've got some big reports due tomorrow and I was here late yesterday. I didn't plan so well yesterday and had to have an additional Quest Bar at 7:30, which is an hour and half past my dinnertime. When I got home at 9:15 I made a little dinner (veggies and some meat protein) but it was really late to eat dinner.

Tonight I knew I was going to stay late so I planned a little better. Actually, we had our annual faculty luncheon at the Chinese restaurant so I ate my meat meal at lunch today. Had broccoli and chicken for lunch. Then, after my meeting that ended at 4:30, I went home and made a big salad and brought a chocolate RTD. I had that at 6:30 and had some extra lettuce for nibbling. It sure helps to plan for the "crazy times."

I'll be here another 2 hours, then go home and finish in the morning. No all-nighter for me on this one.

Just wanted to take a minute out to say hi to all of you wonderful people. Today is day 7 of my reboot on P1 so tomorrow I can post my weight on the challenge spreadsheet. I think it will be a 5-6 pound loss, which I'm very happy about. Unlike some of you, I weigh every morning. Now that it's going down, I just can't wait to get on the scale and see those numbers!

Quote:
[ ReBoot Week 1 weigh in - 10.2!! off to a great start. this is the first time i have ever stayed 100% OP the entire week
without getting on the scales at some point through the week for a peek, so it was a SHOCK! especially since it was only 6 days!!
gotta love IP !
Hooray!!!! Congrats!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
My son is doing okay. He has a genetic disorder which is causing some interesting gestro intestinal issues. I am learning so much information about the digestive system. For now, no surgery, trying some new things with meds first. Thank you all for asking!!! It means a lot.
Thinking about you and sending some good energy your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeagsC View Post
I had a great day today despite being thrown a TON of temptation and roadblocks. The one thing I did bad was didn't have breakfast, which is terrible I know. I was at the hospital with my Dad and instead of making a poor choice I rushed home and ate some extra veggies for lunch.
What a great NSV! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Ishbel - I need to pick up more potassium too. I have not found a good substitute, and I tend to get leg cramps on phase 1 if I don't take it - sometimes, I even have to take 2 for a few days. If anyone knows a good substitute, let me know .
Thanks for all of the info about the potassium supplements! My IP Pot. pills must be old, or got too hot, or something. I opened them yesterday and they were very funny and corroded! Eeeww!! Guess I'll have to get some new ones. I do eat a dill pickle at night when I feel a cramp coming on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
I agree coming to this forum and seeing all you fine people makes this journey much easier and more enjoyable. I admit I am an obsessive daily weigher. Tomorrow is my official WI day. I am going to try to not weigh myself till next WI day. I weigh myself 1st thing in the morn and my moods do tend to follow what the scale says..
Good luck on your WI tomorrow, Cadu! I'm obsessive about it also, but I don't care.

Quote:
Like last time, I'll be using alternatives. In regards to Potassium, I go to Nutrition Smart and buy all supplements there. The potassium is the Country Life brand. On Sat, they have 10% off and usually have a $5 off coupon in the monthly coupon mailers...Thank you ladies for your honesty on these boards.
Hi momat40! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
I am so happy for you. That is terrific. I just came back from my first weigh in I lost 3.5 lbs and a total of 2.25 inches. Not as good as 10 lbs but I'll take it.
That's great, gs! We're all different, and it's definitely in the right direction! yay!

Last edited by joysh; 01-08-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:56 AM   #26  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Hello ladies,

You are definitely in the right place... These ladies are very inspiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
Congrats on the loss.. woot woot

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi Everyone!

Tonight I knew I was going to stay late so I planned a little better. Actually, we had our annual faculty luncheon at the Chinese restaurant so I ate my meat meal at lunch today. Had broccoli and chicken for lunch. Then, after my meeting that ended at 4:30, I went home and made a big salad and brought a chocolate RTD. I had that at 6:30 and had some extra lettuce for nibbling. It sure helps to plan for the "crazy times."

Just wanted to take a minute out to say hi to all of you wonderful people. Today is day 7 of my reboot on P1 so tomorrow I can post my weight on the challenge spreadsheet. I think it will be a 5-6 pound loss, which I'm very happy about. Unlike some of you, I weigh every morning. Now that it's going down, I just can't wait to get on the scale and see those numbers!
For me this time around, it is all about planning ahead. Last time I found myself winging it at times and that was when I would be very hungry or on the verge of falling off track. If I have everything prepared, there is no question as to what I am going eat... it is so simple.

WI this morning and am down 3.. but I knew that already cause I am an obsessive weigher lol.. Joy I laughed out load at your comment about daily weighing and not caring. I am going to try not to weigh everyday this week, lets see what happens.

have a great day everybody
Old 01-09-2015, 07:23 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Rainbow: I'm so proud of you! Happy you're back (not that you have to reboot but you know what I mean!)

Way to go on the CNA license as well
Old 01-09-2015, 07:40 AM   #28  

IPN!

I just posted a -6 (was 5.2 on Wednesday) in the first week of the Spring challenge. My focus (intention in my yoga practice) is to look forward. I can only change the future

I've decided during reboot, I AM going to do more frequent scale checks.
Need to learn maintenance skills. It is never too early to start practicing.

I'd never recommend daily WIs for people who allow the scale to dictate how they feel. My scale intention will be detachment. Observe factually and move on, making any adjustments necessary.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-09-2015 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:57 AM   #29  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Love reading all the great 100% posts!

Hi IPN! Good to see you!

Yeah Lisa on the weigh in!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #30  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

So who's watching the football game tomorrow?? I'm in Massachusetts and I LIVE in Foxboro, so I think I'd get run out of town if I wasn't

My SIL is coming around to a more low carb way of eating, due in part to seeing my success on IP. She called last night to plan out football watching snacks that I could have too - we came up with buffalo cauliflower poppers, cauliflower crust mini pizzas, and a huge veggie platter with WF dressing dips. I'm going to make some Sweet Fauxtato pie too so that we can have a treat - we're celebrating my birthday and my other SIL's birthday the same day so it'll be nice to have something to put candles in that I can actually eat!
Closed Thread