Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 12:28 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Happy Saturday!!

Just here to report that I've continued to be 100% OP and really I am a true believer and proof of the saying "Willpower is a muscle...The more you use it, the stronger it gets." Now it just comes natural to be 100% OP and I wouldn't want it any other way, it feels GREAT!

I've learned to do this: When I "think" I'm hungry, then I "know" I might be bored so I always drink water... Now it has just become a habit, I drink plenty of water first, and many of the times, most of them, it turned out I wasn't hungry

Good luck everyone during this weekend, and drink, drink, drink your water!

Old 01-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #47  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Different Paces

Thanks for posting this. It made me feel a LOT better. I have been on plan for 12 days, and I have only lost about 7 lbs. With all of these much bigger losses 1-2 weeks in, I have felt disillusioned. When I went to my second weigh in, I was at a different location with a completely different type of scale (a doctor's scale not a digital), and I was so upset. It only showed one pound lost! Thankfully, I looked online and saw that I should not over-react, different scales (especially different types of scales at different locations) can have variations up to ten pounds. So just using my scale which I have done faithfully every morning on program, I am down 7 pounds, so I am sticking with that number. But anyway, I have been 100% the whole time, and I was really starting to worry that something was wrong with my body. But I also see that we have similar stats when it comes to height, weight etc. So again, thank you! QUOTE=gs463;5114663]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
well color me HAPPY!!

ReBoot Week 1 weigh in - 10.2!! off to a great start.
this is the first time i have ever stayed 100% OP the entire week
without getting on the scales at some point through the week for a peek, so it was a SHOCK!
especially since it was only 6 days!!
gotta love IP

I am so happy for you. That is terrific. I just came back from my first weigh in I lost 3.5 lbs and a total of 2.25 inches. Not as good as 10 lbs but I'll take it.

Last edited by SweetRelease713; 01-10-2015 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:35 PM   #48  

Quote:
ahhhh raw mushrooms ok!! i might have to take a bite and see!! would dried ones count??
Nope. Removes the water just, like cooking does
Old 01-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
ahhhh raw mushrooms ok!! i might have to take a bite and see!! would dried ones count??

i am taking potassium
Raw mushrooms are only good when they are VERY FRESH and very firm. Please DO wash them because they are sprayed with stuff to keep them from spoiling quicker (A person I know who cooks and used to work in a mushroom farm told me). The brown ones have more flavour. If I have a choice at the same price I buy the brown cremini over the white field mushrooms.
I like mine best when they are raw in a salad or just quartered up to eat with an interesting salt (I have alder smoked salt crystals in one grinder and lemon and lavender bits in with my other salt grinder.)

Liana
Old 01-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #50  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Rainbow - I will, on occasion, double up on potassium when I am having leg cramps. If I do that for 2 or 3 days, then go back to regular dose, it seems to help a lot! Might want to check with your MD on that, though. I definitely think leg cramps are a symptom of low potassium.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #51  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Nope. Removes the water just, like cooking does
i do not like them raw or cooked, i do not like them from a cookbook,
i do not like them roasted or steamed, i thought i would, or so it seemed!
i do not like them with my steak, or even plain upon my plate!
i do not like mushrooms in piles, i do not like them said rainbowsmiles!

hahhahaha

no matter how hard i TRY to like them, i do not like fungus!!!

although hubby liked this recipe
http://cakescottage.com/2014/08/26/r...medley-recipe/
minus the balsamic vineager

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Raw mushrooms are only good when they are VERY FRESH and very firm. Please DO wash them because they are sprayed with stuff to keep them from spoiling quicker (A person I know who cooks and used to work in a mushroom farm told me). The brown ones have more flavour. If I have a choice at the same price I buy the brown cremini over the white field mushrooms.
I like mine best when they are raw in a salad or just quartered up to eat with an interesting salt (I have alder smoked salt crystals in one grinder and lemon and lavender bits in with my other salt grinder.)

Liana
thank you!! i have tried them many ways and still cannot acquire the taste for them!! sadly!

they always look so good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Rainbow - I will, on occasion, double up on potassium when I am having leg cramps. If I do that for 2 or 3 days, then go back to regular dose, it seems to help a lot! Might want to check with your MD on that, though. I definitely think leg cramps are a symptom of low potassium.
thanks, i will try that tonight!! had a rough time sleeping last night!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:04 PM   #52  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
[SIZE="3"]i do not like them raw or cooked, i do not like them from a cookbook,
You're not just a recipe artist but a poet as well!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:25 PM   #53  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
You're not just a recipe artist but a poet as well!
i'm really just a big kid always!!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:41 PM   #54  
10/19/14 P1

S/C/G: 296.5/215.6/199>

Height: 5'8.5" -- 53 yr

Quote:
[SIZE="3"]i do not like them raw or cooked, i do not like them from a cookbook,
Too cute!!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #55  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Rainbow - Your dinner looks fabulous! I think that cornstarch does contain some carbs. What about using pureed veggies (whatever you have on hand) to thicken it?

I decided to do my weigh in today, since Sunday is usually the only day I'm not headed in to work. So, 6 days and 6.8 pounds! I am very happy with that! Going to go update my ticker now... 100% works!
Old 01-11-2015, 09:07 AM   #56  

RE: 100%
Cornstarch is definitely a "no" for IP P1 if 100%
nor is 2% milk (only that tad of skim per day on the p1 sheet)

The juices are water and fat, but if you divide like the meat (especiallly if was trimmed first), I'd just count as part of the meat. (so, if you got three, 8 oz servings of meat, and 1 c juice, then use 1/3 c for each serving of meat).

There are other low/no carb thickeners. Might want to spend some time googling if the thickness is important to you. I have several in my house (yet cannot remember the names of any of them as I sit and type). (just remembered one: xanthan gum).

Rainbow: you are so creative and there is nothing inherently wrong with using those items to cook with and the recipe looks wonderful! However, some of the ingredients aren't P1 so I wouldn't want newcomers to be confused on this thread.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-11-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:25 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

rainbow its ok to not like mushrooms you know...I HATE peas and my mom has accepted that over the years lol in fact my whole family has accepted that lol

lizzy great job on the 6 lbs!

Ariel With you on the WATER! Lots of tea happening here lately

Ted Great job losing so much so far, yay for being halfway!

Hgamroth 4 kids and a husband...getting stepson a baby and a husband is hard enough LOL I can't believed how I'm always scheduling in my head and thinking ahead...VIP not so much, but he does take direction relatively well

So I forgot all about METAL mouth that I get in ketosis. Blech, I have a hard time sleeping already and now my dry gross mouth is waking me up too...blech but at least it makes me drink more water right?

Have a lighter day everyone

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-11-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #58  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
rainbow its ok to not like mushrooms you know...I HATE peas and my mom has accepted that over the years lol in fact my whole family has accepted that lol

So I forgot all about METAL mouth that I get in ketosis. Blech, I have a hard time sleeping already and now my dry gross mouth is waking me up too...blech but at least it makes me drink more water right?

Have a lighter day everyone
good morning lovely lady!! yes i know...i was just hoping that my taste buds would have accepted them by now! i keep trying!

yes i am now dealing with the yucky mouth again but its worth it
Old 01-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #59  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All! Good to see everyone!
Yesterday was a crazy day and I had no time to read or post. Had to clean my house and take down Christmas, then shop and cook and prepare for book group here last night. It was a book by a Russian author, so our meal was more or less "Russian" type food.

Instead of beef strogonov (my first choice) I made salmon. Also made the roasted cabbage steaks for the first time. I liked them and so did a few of the others. Had plenty of cut up raw veggies for everyone (+ me!) to munch on during the hors-d'oeuvres portion of the evening. Others brought borscht, vodka, and other delights, which I did not delight in at all! I won't mention the desserts that people brought. But I was fine serving and visiting and it was a lovely time.

Going into week 2 I'm feeling better. Tomorrow is the first day of classes and that will be a brand new routine for me - or a return to the routine before the holidays. I have to get back into the habit of preparing my foods in advance.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Quote:
hi joy!! did i miss your weigh in?? how did you do?

also, does eating a dill pickle at night help?? the leg cramps have arrived and oooo they hurt!
Oh, I thought I posted this! My first week loss was 6! I'm very excited and happy about that and feel it gives me a good jump-start! If I stay 100% (which I intend to do) I know the scale direction will continue to to go down - and that's fine with me!

I always find that a dill pickle before I go to bed helps with the cramps. I can usually feel them coming on. But sympathize. They are really painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel13 View Post
Happy Saturday!!
I've learned to do this: When I "think" I'm hungry, then I "know" I might be bored so I always drink water... Now it has just become a habit, I drink plenty of water first, and many of the times, most of them, it turned out I wasn't hungry
Good luck everyone during this weekend, and drink, drink, drink your water!
HI Ariel! Thanks for the reminder! Water is a good thing!

Also - when you get hungry, look at this thread! I think the time we are spending on this forum is time that we would have been putting things into our mouths!!! Hahaha

Last edited by joysh; 01-11-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #60  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Fed Up

Just saw the documentary produced by Katie Couric titled Fed Up. Fantastic. Made me cry. A lot of Houston kids are featured on it. Anyway, it made me encouraged about going 100% Ideal Protein. If you can watch the documentary, I highly recommend it. It talks a great deal about how exercise is not a cure, sugar consumption, and food addiction. One of the best documentaries I have seen in a long time.

Last edited by SweetRelease713; 01-11-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Closed Thread