Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Exclamation A Cautionary Tale

Have been on IP with alternatives for the past 2 weeks. I had read not to exercise too tmuch but guess I really didn't take it in. Went for a bike ride with DH yesterday. Ended up going 17 miles. Way too far. Almost home we stopped for a few minutes and I got very weak, very dizzy, and nauseated. Being a nurse ( not a bright one at this point) I realized my blood sugar had dropped way too low for the carbs I had eaten (just a shake at breakfast). Thankfully a friend had a protein bar with her with 30 grams of carbs. Within 10 minutes it worked and I was in my way.
Trust me I will not be doing that again for awhile. It is too bad because I feel so good on this plan that it is hard to not overdo.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Back to the office for me. Although i stopped in a few times over the last week, I am actually scheduled to sit there today lol... I am happy to get back into a routine, sad that my "slow time" is over....although I am off Wednesday & Thursday....

WI tomorrow for me....last one of the year. Looking forward to seeing what milestone I hit for my 6 months on program....so far I am thrilled with my IP results. I have hit the 60 down mark, now if I can hit under 220 I will be thrilled and happily dancing right into the new year!

I am planning on wearing my "dream jeans" to our neighbors house. I am sure I will get plenty of IP questions lol....I have not seen some of these neighbors since I first started in June. We were all at a BBQ together in June and I started the week after that. We saw each other again in October for our neighborhood bonfire, but it was dark and we had coats on lol..
You will totally rock those jeans and feel fabulous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kialya View Post
I just found this forum. I plan on visiting often. I need all of the support I can get.
Welcome! You will find all kinds of support and help here. Visit every day. It helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi4630 View Post
My first day on IP. Although I have been reading on this site for a couple months now! I am so excited to get started and have this site as a rescource!
Glad you joined us. Get ready to loose some weight!
Old 12-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Smile Tomorrow is D Day

Tomorrow is Day 1....I went in today and did my weigh in and pick up my goodie bag. Went to the grocery store bought veggies and now am making meal plans for this week. I am excited to get started.
I lost 50 pounds in 2005 on WW and due to meds and diabetes I gained 40 of it back.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #19  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kialya View Post
I just found this forum. I plan to visit often. I need all of the support I can get.
Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi4630 View Post
My first day on IP. Although I have been reading on this site for a couple months now! I am so excited to get started and have this site as a rescource!
Welcome. The hardest parts are making the decision to do it, and getting past the first week (if you have some of the starter symptoms). Stick with it and you will lose the weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo View Post
Have been on IP with alternatives for the past 2 weeks. I had read not to exercise too tmuch but guess I really didn't take it in. Went for a bike ride with DH yesterday. Ended up going 17 miles. Way too far. Almost home we stopped for a few minutes and I got very weak, very dizzy, and nauseated. Being a nurse ( not a bright one at this point) I realized my blood sugar had dropped way too low for the carbs I had eaten (just a shake at breakfast). Thankfully a friend had a protein bar with her with 30 grams of carbs. Within 10 minutes it worked and I was in my way.
Trust me I will not be doing that again for awhile. It is too bad because I feel so good on this plan that it is hard to not overdo.
I hear you on having the energy before you go gung-ho. Good job you understand how to fix excess exercise oopsies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiekat View Post
Tomorrow is Day 1....I went in today and did my weigh in and pick up my goodie bag. Went to the grocery store bought veggies and now am making meal plans for this week. I am excited to get started.
I lost 50 pounds in 2005 on WW and due to meds and diabetes I gained 40 of it back.
Welcome! Once you get past the first week it's normally smooth sailing as the intensity of cravings for carbs will reduce heavily, and eventually all but disappear. Stay strong with the early days.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #20  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Today is Day 1, and so far I am off to a good start despite some bumps. I was all ready to go to my appointment, and my car wouldn't start, so I had to call roadside assistance and reschedule for tomorrowBut I didn't let that stop me from starting. Based on what I knew about the program and what I read about alternatives, I have eaten these things so far:
One Ostrim Stick (BBQ flavor)--anyone know the verdict on these? It meets calories/carbs/protein requirements, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.
I also had a smoothie made w EAS Carb Control Chocolate Fudge, 1 tablespoon on instant coffee, 1 cup of ice water, stevia, and 1 cup of spinach.

Then, I microwaved 1 cup frozen rhubarb (was so psyched to find it at HEB) and sweetened it with some stevia. LOVED the rhubarb!

For dinner, I am making the "fried rice" from cauliflower with bean sprouts, green onions, egg, and chicken.

I was able to reschedule my appointment with my coach for 1:15 tomorrow. She sent me a list of packs I can order. I could order single packs as well as boxes of items. I am really happy about that
So if I screwed up with anything please let me know--especially about the Ostrim. It was such a simple snack. I'd love to keep some for grab and go snacks if it's allowed.

Much appreciated.

Last edited by SweetRelease713; 12-29-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #21  

SweetRelease713
The Ostrim stick looks like a good replacement cal/carb/fat/protein-wise
The EAS Carb Control is, as well.
Be sure your fried rice has 8 oz chicken.
And what is your 3rd "packet"? Another EAS Carb Control would work.

FYI: Your coach will probably not allow alternatives. Selling product is how they make their money.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #22  
100% Committed

Default Thanks, Lisa

Are you sure about 8 oz of chicken though? Because there is one egg in the fried rice recipe, so I was thinking about doing 6 oz chicken. And yes about the other snack. It is another EAS shake. This means I am also pretty well set until I get my supplements tomorrow
Old 12-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRelease713 View Post
Are you sure about 8 oz of chicken though? Because there is one egg in the fried rice recipe, so I was thinking about doing 6 oz chicken. And yes about the other snack. It is another EAS shake. This means I am also pretty well set until I get my supplements tomorrow
I didn't see the egg.
6 oz chicken. Measured raw.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:27 PM   #24  
100% Committed

Default Really appreciate the chance to double-check with experienced IP folks:-)

Got it, thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I didn't see the egg.
6 oz chicken. Measured raw.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRelease713 View Post
Today is Day 1, and so far I am off to a good start despite some bumps. I was all ready to go to my appointment, and my car wouldn't start, so I had to call roadside assistance and reschedule for tomorrowBut I didn't let that stop me from starting. Based on what I knew about the program and what I read about alternatives, I have eaten these things so far:
One Ostrim Stick (BBQ flavor)--anyone know the verdict on these? It meets calories/carbs/protein requirements, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.
I also had a smoothie made w EAS Carb Control Chocolate Fudge, 1 tablespoon on instant coffee, 1 cup of ice water, stevia, and 1 cup of spinach.

Then, I microwaved 1 cup frozen rhubarb (was so psyched to find it at HEB) and sweetened it with some stevia. LOVED the rhubarb!

For dinner, I am making the "fried rice" from cauliflower with bean sprouts, green onions, egg, and chicken.

I was able to reschedule my appointment with my coach for 1:15 tomorrow. She sent me a list of packs I can order. I could order single packs as well as boxes of items. I am really happy about that
So if I screwed up with anything please let me know--especially about the Ostrim. It was such a simple snack. I'd love to keep some for grab and go snacks if it's allowed.

Much appreciated.
Are we allowed rhubarb. I did not think fruit was allowed. That would be a nice treat. Did I miss something?
Can someone also tell me what amount of fat (in grams) is acceptable for the total day?
Old 12-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo View Post
Are we allowed rhubarb. I did not think fruit was allowed. That would be a nice treat. Did I miss something?
Can someone also tell me what amount of fat (in grams) is acceptable for the total day?
Rhubarb is a veggie and is on the P1 sheet.
The nice thing about IP is that we don't need to track nutrients, such as fat. Just follow the protocol
Old 12-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #27  
100% Committed

Default Cauliflower Fried Rice

So the "fried rice" made w cauliflower turned out pretty good. Even my roommate (not an IPer) thought it was tasty. It was a little wet though--so I will have to find a way to get some of the moisture out
Old 12-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Starting IP Next Week - Really Excited!

I've been on and off of this site for a couple of years and never post but I'm ready to do this for real! Having lots of health issues in 2014 has made me realize I need to lose this extra weight now!

Hope everyone is doing great and had a great Monday!
Old 12-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome to all the new IPers!! May this diet work for you like it has the rest of us.

Well, no WI for me today as my coach is on vacation. Probably a good thing as I lost my mind on Christmas. I hadn't planned on cheating but knew I was in trouble as I was pulling my Christmas breakfast casserole out of the oven Christmas morning. My family, who has been so supportive, actually encouraged me to cheat.

Went right back 100% on plan until the end of P1 (hopefully by the end of April). One of the worst parts of taking a single cheat day for me are the days of cravings I have to endure after. Doesn't help all the food around the house still. Finally got most of the Christmas cookies eaten and my DS walks in with another plate full today. Good grief!

Have a New Year's Eve and a New Year's Day parties to attend. Bringing grilled veggies and making some kind of dish to empty my pantry out and back to normal. Someone sent us a gift basket full of pears. Anyone know a good recipe that calls for lots of pears?

Have a great OP week!!
Old 12-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #30  

Smile I'm New, Hello:)

Hi, I am new here and recently started on Ideal Protein. I'm 53 and have 40-50 lbs to lose. Today was my first weigh-in...it wasn't really a week, but more like 10 days because of Christmas, but I lost 8.5 pounds and am really excited! Also, lost 3.5 inches off my waist! I know I can't expect that result every week and I have a ways to go, but today really motivated me to stick with it.

Question....I told my coach, or actually not sure what she would be called, that I drank a lot of my water yesterday in the form of herbal tea and she said I could not count that toward my 64oz per day. Seems kind of crazy to me. I asked her to check on it. Anyone have any knowledge about this?

Thanks!
Closed Thread