Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 10:22 AM   #61  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and are recovering from the sickies and impromptu guests.

I keep "crashing" into the leftover Christmas cookies and treats that were stuffed into my stocking. I've been keeping to lean and green meals for my main meals to make up for these in between mishaps, and drink a ton of water, but I am way up over my range. Not surprised, but dismayed. Seeing the high number in the daily weighing doesn't even phase me, I just think oh well, I'll jump back on the wagon after new years. That's the same train of thought that made me 200+ pounds for years.

Today I packed up the last of the cookies and I'm going to drop them off to my cousin who said she wanted more, just to get them out of the house. It's sad to me that all of that willpower I had during P1 has absolutely disappeared, and I can't be around a plate of cookies without stuffing two or four (or even more, yikes) in my face.

I've decided to go back on P1 for the month of January, then I want to focus on maintaining without all of the stress and food temptations that come with the holidays and really getting into my exercise routine.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi everyone; It sounds like everyone is well. Sounds like you have a good plan Pishposh! And you are taking action which is good with the cookies. I'm still in range, so I'm happy about that. But, I would like to get a few lbs off still to get to that lower range.

Glad you are having a good break Ruth Ann, and I'm glad that you enjoyed that ham! hee hee You always know how to get back down to where you want.

Hi Liana, Westwillow and Eve and all you maintainers. I hope you are all doing well.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #63  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and are recovering from the sickies and impromptu guests.

I keep "crashing" into the leftover Christmas cookies and treats that were stuffed into my stocking. I've been keeping to lean and green meals for my main meals to make up for these in between mishaps, and drink a ton of water, but I am way up over my range. Not surprised, but dismayed. Seeing the high number in the daily weighing doesn't even phase me, I just think oh well, I'll jump back on the wagon after new years. That's the same train of thought that made me 200+ pounds for years.

Today I packed up the last of the cookies and I'm going to drop them off to my cousin who said she wanted more, just to get them out of the house. It's sad to me that all of that willpower I had during P1 has absolutely disappeared, and I can't be around a plate of cookies without stuffing two or four (or even more, yikes) in my face.

I've decided to go back on P1 for the month of January, then I want to focus on maintaining without all of the stress and food temptations that come with the holidays and really getting into my exercise routine.
You just took the words right out of my mouth! I don't have a cousin for the cookies though and my parents don't need them so I think they are heading for the garbage. DH is starting a diet in January so we will support each other.

We can do this pishposh!
Old 12-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #64  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

pishposh I wish I had a cousin too! Great choice on your part.

Chipndip I haven't evolved to being able to ditch everything yet - working on it.

What I am doing is giving mine away in stages, as I encounter friends. Next may be my neighbours lol.

Hawaii great report that you have stayed comfortably in range! Yay you!

I am still up but not moving any higher, so I know it is a matter of more water, fewer carbs & maybe bump down the calories a bit for a few days.

Liana I hope you know that my laughter after your last post was born of pure delight at your excellent use of medical esoterica. It struck just the right chord for my peculiar funnybone. Thank you!

Today I finally felt like I could return to a bit of socializing with friends over brunch. Since it is another bright & sunny day here (not a frequent occurrence on the coast), I am heading out for a walk/run. It is wonderful to be looking forward to that rather than seeing it as yet another chore/commitment. Amazing what a little retreat + sunshine can do for the soul!

Ruth Ann You sound more rested as well. Yes?

Hello to Slip & Jenny & evemomma & all my fellow Maintainers.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote westwillow: Liana I hope you know that my laughter after your last post was born of pure delight at your excellent use of medical esoterica. It struck just the right chord for my peculiar funnybone. Thank you!

After I posted it I thought you guys will think I am nuts, lol. But then again I think we have a fair bit in common westwillow, hahaha! Including weird senses of humour.
I used to work mainly with people with acquired brain injuries so that came from the inner recesses of my professional life (and experience with fibromyalgia and the disordered pain/pleasure/fear systems in the brain).

Liana

I'm dreaming of juicy ham now, Ruth Ann! Oh & popcorn, but not together.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

So...this is my first Christmas on maintenance, there is definitely some stress in watching the scale go up and down during the past couple of weeks. So many social engagements involving food and drinks! I even skipped some of them because the scale was at my scream weight. Two more major events before the season ends.

Part of me thinks I am being ridiculous and that after Jan 5th, I know exactly what to do to take care of the UP pounds. The other side of me feels stressed to follow protocol. This struggle is putting a damper on my joy.

Is anyone else feeling this stressed?
Old 12-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #67  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Happy holiday season all! Quickly checking in and trying to catch up while the niece and nephew are off doing something else and not on my ipad. It's been a tiring holiday season for me...4 days last week with 6 people staying in my small one bedroom apartment, then a flight back home (where I grew up) that got 'diverted' to a city 3 hours away and now staying with my niece and nephew whom I adore but are non-stop . Eating is way out if balance - I think partially because I'm tired (slumber parties with the kids) and partially because I'm not getting enough water. I sort of can't wait to get back to my quiet little apartment alone...(sad, but true) though I always miss the kiddies terribly when I leave.

I also can't wait to be away from all the holiday food...too many cookies, cakes, pies, and treats around. I have had way too much sugar and I can tell. I need a detox.

Glad to see you are all doing well and managing the ups and downs. Hope no more flu bugs have come around. Holidays are wonderful but I'm looking forward to getting back in my routine next week.

And yes, Slipfree, totally feel like the 'stress' of the season has me way off balance. I didn't go into it well either. Work was busy, frantically tried to get presents, plus holiday parties... And hit the scream weight after vacation in October and haven't really rebounded into the right groove since. I'm trying not to beat myself up but know I've got to really turn it around soon or the scream weight will be the new 'normal' and I don't want that.

Hope to check in more often but if I don't, have a great NYE everyone!

Last edited by vachinyc; 12-29-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:55 PM   #68  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Hey all! Traveling back from TN as I type.

Yes....ready to be home! We had a nice visit with my sister and family but also stressful at times. VACHINYC....my kids ARE your exhausting niece and nephew, lol! I'm sure my sis and her kids (older teens) and hubby are wiped out!

My sister has lost nearly 50 lbs of her own since summer....so happy for her! But that really didn't make eating choices easier while there ...I definitely strayed from normal p4 with too many carbs and carb/fat combos. I am SOOOOO ready to be back on normal p4. I am curious what the scale has to say tomorrow but determined not to freak out!

Slipfree....I totally understand what you mean. I trying to see this Christmas as experience as just feeling out my limits. I really am missing my p4 eating...so that's a huge plus. Just as you said, Slip, we know how to reset if need be.

I may not be quite so positive tomorrow. You may need to talk me down once I've been on the scale.

Take care!
Old 12-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #69  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

After all the great advice I received here, I continued on with phase 3. Today was day one of maintenance. This is scary territory for me. I have never been this successful with weight loss and now maintenance is making me nervous.

I love to exercise and I'm going to start a weight lifting routine. Hoping to work on body transformation goals now.

Thanks for all the great information and motivation that is on this thread.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hello friends

I came home from the cottage yesterday and had a pretty relaxing time given my two 6.5 year olds were there, DH, parents, my sister and Her DH and their 5 month old twins. My kids stayed up till tomorrow so gave had a couple extra quiet days but have to work this week. I am way over scream weight, I thought for sure the cottage would bring it down but no. Got my TOM so that didn't help. But I will P1 until itcomes down and then likely P2 for a day or so and then back to reg maintainence. Pishposh and Chip I think the three of us are in this together and for sure will do it!

Eve - I'm glad you all got to go away for a few days. How is the Fitbit?

Slip - you have really done do well managing your food and all the choices during the holidays. I hear you in it being stressful but perhaps all that hard work is paying off?

Hi west willow, Hawaii, Ruth Ann, vachinyc, liana, Kirsten, murrcat,
Old 12-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #71  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hello Everyone,
Many have expressed their frustration with the holidays, scream weights, etc--makes complete sense to me.

Just an alternate viewpoint--I see a lot of courageous people who are looking out for their health and not sticking their head in the sand and ignoring their weight. So kudos to you!!!!!

I start P2 on Thursday Jan 1, regardless of what my WI tomorrow is. I'm ready! I'm hoping for an okay WI--home scale this morning was 131.8.

I'm nervous about maintenance, but I feel inspired here reading about your experiences. Thank you Maintainers!!!
Old 12-30-2014, 12:56 AM   #72  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

My scale reading scared me this morning too, but it's not exactly a surprise and, truthfully, I have no regrets. Well....not big ones lol. I have enjoyed this relaxing time after lots of pressure & have noticed that I have to be ever vigilant about my tendency to overdo the quantity, especially when stressed.

So I am making the conscious decision to cut the guilt off before it gets going, and to pay closer attention to what really serves me in this present moment. Trying to be my own best friend

Kristin I think we have all been scared heading into Maintenance. Stay connected and you will be in good company.

murrcat Great perspective! Thanks for your post
Old 12-30-2014, 01:09 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Westwillow, I always appreciate your peaceful presence.

Murrcat, thank you for your perspective,it was very helpful today.

Jenny, today was a clean eating day, planning on that for tomorrow too. Was 1 pound above scream weight this morning, not a surprise as Westwillow said.

I was blue today, because I seem to be wishing away the holidays rather than enjoying them. Going to focus on the moment and enjoy the whole process, including all the NYE prep. Thank you for helping me adjust my perspective
Old 12-30-2014, 09:47 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

I'm glad that you are adjusting your perspective Slip. Trying to enjoy life and maintaining is definitely a balancing act. And getting our thinking right can be a challenge that's for sure. I am at the top of my range right now, and I know some of it is definitely water retention. So, I am hoping it'll go once I have my P1 ish days which I will start next week.

Have a great day all you maintainers and soon to be ones!
Old 12-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #75  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Good morning ladies. Weighed in with my coach this morning and they are insisting I am doing great even though I am at 170 (commence screaming now!). BUT the good news is I am down to 170 after a few days days around 173. I've done low carb for the most part, have had slips here and there, but it's comforting to know the plan still works.

They told me that during the holidays people bounce around all over the place and their 2-3 pound range expands to 6-8 pounds. It's just the nature of the season, lots of sweets, lots of alcohol, lots of sodium, and the general stress of the holidays (not to mention the added stress if you're worried about maintaining perfectly). The key is keeping your mind in the game, making smarter choices when you can (skip the rice at dinner, have some extra broccoli), and set a plan to jump back on the wagon 100%. Don't let "I'll get back 100% on Jan 1" turn into "I'll get back on plan tomorrow," "the next day," "Valentine's day is right around the corner, after that," "might as well wait for spring at this point," etc. etc.

Looking forward to my P1 tune up starting this weekend and then having normal maintenance without the constant temptations around.
Closed Thread