Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Wednesday 12/17/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #2  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Good morning

It is raining and dark but a good day to go to the gym after my P3 modified breakfast. I eat half before the gym and half after.

Wishing everyone a OP day.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone!

WI yesterday I shed another 1/2 lb....but the better news is my hip measurement finally moved by .5! That sucker has been stuck for weeks! I kinda figured it would change this week as my dream jeans slid on. Really wanted to say good bye to the 220's by Christmas, but I'm ok if that doesn't happen..... I'll get it by the start of the new year!

We got a letter yesterday from my son's principal that he was the High School Athlete of the week! So proud....his name appears in sign outside the school and his picture will be in the paper. beaming mom moment.. He had a great hockey weekend this week!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Good morning all and congrats to you and your son, Sue!

My home scale does not seem to be budging, and big pre-Christmas vacation WI tomorrow -- boo. Will try extra water today.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #5  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to your son sgrealtor1! How exciting! Congrats on the hip movement too!! I'm rooting for you to be out of the 220's for Christmas still. A lot can happen in a week on IP! *fingers crossed*

I weigh myself at home on Friday mornings, I can't wait to do that because I feel like I'm doing pretty well. When I started I had a pair of jeans that were too tight in the waist to wear (occassionally I would use a hair tie and give myself the extra inch I needed to wear them). Im rocking them today, after I had dried them in the dryer this weekend...they fit like a dream!

Good luck on your pre-Christmas vacay WI tomorrow mimi!
Old 12-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #6  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

For some reason, my weight loss has slowed down? Any ideas? I am staying on OP at all times.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #7  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!!

I'm having a hungry day today...possibly a munchy day with TOM around the corner. I split up my Quest Bar between this morning and trying to save the rest for this afternoon.

Sgrealtor - Congrats on getting in those dream jeans!!

Mimi - My home scale has been up and down and it's causing me to panic a bit. I know TOM is coming and I could constitute it to that but it just makes me nervous.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsach312 View Post
Good Morning All:

For some reason, my weight loss has slowed down? Any ideas? I am staying on OP at all times.
Weight loss is not linear - meaning it's not going to be a constant, steady downward drop.

Along the way, your body will need to adjust to the weight loss. You may have weeks with little or no weight loss, but you may see inches disappear in those weeks.

Stress, sleep, TOM, injury/illness, even the weather can have an effect on the scale. MANY things that are totally out of your control.....so you'll hear us on this board often re-state how important it is to look at your OVERALL trends...not just the day to day scale readings.

You can look at little things like your water intake (make sure you are getting enough), salt intake (if you've been eating more salty foods/meats lately that may cause a little water retention), activity level (if you are more physically active than normal that may cause a small slowdown)....but for the most part what you're experiencing is totally normal and part of the journey

Remember that it isn't considered a TRUE stall in your weight loss until your weight AND inches has not changed in several weeks.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!!

I'm having a hungry day today...possibly a munchy day with TOM around the corner. I split up my Quest Bar between this morning and trying to save the rest for this afternoon.

Sgrealtor - Congrats on getting in those dream jeans!!

Mimi - My home scale has been up and down and it's causing me to panic a bit. I know TOM is coming and I could constitute it to that but it just makes me nervous.
Panic = GET OFF THE SCALE

TOM is VERY likely the reason your scale is misbehaving. So relax, drink PLENTY of water, and stay off the scale until TOM is over
Old 12-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon everyone-
Congrats to your son, sgrealtor1! I am doing ok -- have managed to stay OP while battling pneumonia for the last week and a half. The scale is not budging, which given how little I'm eating seems impossible. But, I know that when we are ill our bodies do crazy things so I'll just wait until I'm back to normal, wait a few more days, and then see where things are.

I do consider it a victory to not have gone for the saltines or tea with honey - this alone is to be celebrated!
Old 12-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #11  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey fello IPers! I was wondering if anyone on here has done hot yoga while on P1? I used to do warm yoga 2x per week and it made me feel great mentally and physically. I haven't done it since September due to my car accident but it seems that I'm healing up well and should be able to practice again but my coach basically told me no exercise at all on P1 aside from walking my dog. I know exercise can slow down my losses but I don't mind having to be on P1 longer if I can do some of my pre-accident exercise (I used to lift weights and do yoga and only took one rest day a week). Any thoughts? Experiences?
Old 12-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
Hey fello IPers! I was wondering if anyone on here has done hot yoga while on P1? I used to do warm yoga 2x per week and it made me feel great mentally and physically. I haven't done it since September due to my car accident but it seems that I'm healing up well and should be able to practice again but my coach basically told me no exercise at all on P1 aside from walking my dog. I know exercise can slow down my losses but I don't mind having to be on P1 longer if I can do some of my pre-accident exercise (I used to lift weights and do yoga and only took one rest day a week). Any thoughts? Experiences?
There are quite a few threads about exercise on the forum, but in a nutshell:

Exercise isn't recommended on IP Phase 1 - but if you decide you want to exercise
- make sure you add an additional packet to your exercise days. You need to replace the calories you are losing. If what you are doing has a very high calorie burn, you may even want to add an extra packet plus a hard boiled egg or two. Or consider looking at the Athlete's Protocol if you plan on maintaining higher intensity exercise during your weight loss.

- LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. If you are feeling more faint, weak, nauseous, see an increase in headaches or generally do not feel right (and not just right after exercise, sometimes this stuff will show up later in the day or the next day) then what you are doing is too intense for what your body can handle and that is a sign you need to dial it down, or back off of exercise until you are off P1.

There have been some who successfully kept to an exercise regimen on P1, but then others whose bodies couldn't handle it and they waited until phasing off. Give it a try, make sure to add back the calories, and see what your body tells you
Old 12-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Agree with Scorbett, above.

For hot yoga especially, I became dizzy very easily due to the excessive sweating/temp, not the exercise itself. Regular yoga or warm yoga should be no problem though!
Old 12-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #14  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
There are quite a few threads about exercise on the forum, but in a nutshell:

Exercise isn't recommended on IP Phase 1 - but if you decide you want to exercise
- make sure you add an additional packet to your exercise days. You need to replace the calories you are losing. If what you are doing has a very high calorie burn, you may even want to add an extra packet plus a hard boiled egg or two. Or consider looking at the Athlete's Protocol if you plan on maintaining higher intensity exercise during your weight loss.

- LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. If you are feeling more faint, weak, nauseous, see an increase in headaches or generally do not feel right (and not just right after exercise, sometimes this stuff will show up later in the day or the next day) then what you are doing is too intense for what your body can handle and that is a sign you need to dial it down, or back off of exercise until you are off P1.

There have been some who successfully kept to an exercise regimen on P1, but then others whose bodies couldn't handle it and they waited until phasing off. Give it a try, make sure to add back the calories, and see what your body tells you
I walk 3 miles every day, and go weight lifting twice a week at the gym. Hubby and I are both on IP and the way we handle it is:-

As we don't drink coffee or tea we have a single scoop of the GNC amplified wheybolic extreme 60 ripped (the one with a single shot of caffeine) before we go, and one of the lightest carb/calorie packs (normally a vanilla drink mix) when we get back if we are planning on having a proper breakfast packet. If we are short on time we'll have a restricted bar when we get home and then skip through to lunch. The important thing is to make sure you are replacing calories AND taking in protein for the muscles.

As Scorbett says ... your body will soon let you know when you are using more energy than it has available. It's really important to be aware of the warning signs if you are planning on exercising. It's too easy to feel great and go gung-ho into exercise at 100%, but you will want to keep yourself to around 75% of your max if you don't want to burn muscle rather than fat.

Hubby maintains a spreadsheet to check on fat loss and any potential muscle loss/gain and so far I have only had a single week where I lost a quarter lb of muscle because I didn't refuel properly after the workout.

Be smart, set yourself limits on how far, how fast, how much effort you're going to put in, and accept that you may lose more slowly than if you were doing no exercise.

EDIT: The GNC wheybolic shake (1 scoop) has the following values:-

Ripped:- Cals 100 Fat 1g Carbs 3g Fiber 0 Protein 20g (Sodium 130, Potassium 170) Basically, a good hit of protein for fair calories and low carbs. The non-ripped (if you are caffeine sensitive or can't give up the morning joe) is similar in values but without the caffeine, lower sodium and slightly fewer amino acids for muscle repair. While it's not OP if you are 100% IP compliant, it is a very acceptable alternative, and hasn't hindered loss from either hubby or myself in any way.

Last edited by Briael; 12-17-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #15  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Panic = GET OFF THE SCALE

TOM is VERY likely the reason your scale is misbehaving. So relax, drink PLENTY of water, and stay off the scale until TOM is over
Thanks, Scorbett. I know TOM is on it's way and that should be the couple lbs here and there. Getting all the water and then some in today and hoping for a decent WI on Friday - at least not a big gain. I was happy getting into the 130s!!! ugh.
Closed Thread