Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #16  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

kissi -- thanks, you were right! I went in expecting nothing and was down 3 pounds. So while I'm not seeing dramatic progress, I'm happy. And it motivated me to come home and have a huge salad with lots of raw veggies (and no dressing, can't find anything I like) for lunch.

Here's to all of us staying OP this week!
Old 12-15-2014, 01:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 179/179/159

Height: 5'7"

Default me too!

Caught up on reading some great successes over the weekend, keep up the great work everyone I really admire the great planning for some really busy lives!

Down 2.5 on WI, which was a relief because I was dreading a two week stall, especially so close to the holidays (it will keep my will strong).

I went in expecting my first no loss week - I didn't do anything different, just didn't feel like I lost. 2 surprise pounds lost! I'll take it, phew.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello All!

Today was my first day on P3. I am so full. It's 1:45 here and I'm just now eating lunch and to be honest I don't really want it. Dinner is going to be a salad with some tuna. I just can't face 8oz. of meat and veg. Can't imagine when I will eat my snack. Only 2 weeks of this and then into maintenance. I'll survive.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #19  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelineb View Post
... (and no dressing, can't find anything I like) ...
Don't know if it's something you'd like, but here's what I use:-

tsp extra light tasting olive oil
6 drips of vinegar
2 tsp lime juice (the real lime squeezy lime)
shake of garlic pepper

It's kind of like a true french dressing, but a little more acidic. Hubby likes to use the Heinz red wine vinegar, but that's not OP if you're going 100% compliant. You can also add a half tsp of stevia or splenda if you like to counteract the sour with sweetness.

Hope it helps!
Old 12-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #20  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

I just squeeze some lime or lemon juice and sprinkle with a generous amount of salt. Fresh tasting and yummy!
Old 12-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #21  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Oooh, thank you for those dressing suggestions! I'll try both (not at the same time). Love this forum!
Old 12-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #22  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking_Jim View Post
I'm hopeful that tomorrow and Wednesday these cravings will diminish as nearly everything I have read says they will, and looking forward to some nice broiled swordfish and butternut squash tonight for dinner.
Hi Jim - The cravings definitely diminish. Day 5 was the light at the end of the tunnel for me. Day 3 was my hardest. Now, 7 months and 100 lbs lighter, the cravings still happen sometimes, but my willpower muscle is strong!

Just a quick FYI too - I don't think butternut squash is one of the approved veggies. May be worth double checking.

Good luck!
Old 12-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Good morning everyone. Today is my third day on IP...and yes, I woke up with a headache, which seemed to subside after a bottle of water.

So far I have not been all that impressed with the diet: the food and drink choices seemed to have a wide range: some I like, some not at all, but I guess that is to be expected of any food.

Although my coach suggested I not weigh myself, I couldn't help it this morning and found that after two days on IP I have actually lost 9.1 pounds.

I've done Weight Watchers (and hated it) and Atkins (and loved it) but this kind of weight loss was surprising and almost scary.

I came here to read about some successes because I have strong cravings right now (Maybe a chocolate cake sandwich on top of a pizza?) but need to divorce myself from thee three lifelong friends (pasta, bread, and to a much lesser extent...alcohol) because they treated me badly.

I'm hopeful that tomorrow and Wednesday these cravings will diminish as nearly everything I have read says they will, and looking forward to some nice broiled swordfish and butternut squash tonight for dinner.
Hang in there Jim. The cravings and headaches will go away. Another technique to quell the headaches...put some salt in your palm. Lick it all off and wash down with water. Usually works in 20 minutes or so.

Butternut squash...Not on the list of select vegetables. The only approved squash in P1 is yellow crookneck or zucchini. Hopefully you'll see this before you eat dinner.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:29 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Default Alternate IP plan while on vacation for a week?

Has anyone gone from the regular IP plan (Phase 1) to the Alternate one (I hear this is generally for diabetics and those requiring a few more carbs and includes fruit and yogurt) for a week while on vacation? And either lost weight or at least stayed the same? We're going away with family to a resort where I'm just not sure how all the meals are going to play out. Plus we're going to be pretty active all day. I'm going to take along some IP food, but we will be out at restaurants twice a day. Wondering if going alternate temporarily might make it more likely that I'll stick to at least some plan, rather than just being tempted to go partly off the regular plan for the week. Or is all this just going to set me back too much?
Old 12-15-2014, 05:23 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

I'm sure more expert folks will weigh in, but when I went on vacation a few weeks into the program, my coach said that if I wanted/needed to, I could do Phase 2 on my trip - adding protein at lunch instead of having a packet.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #26  

Thanks, JJTx. Is that the main difference between P1 and P2 -- replacing protein for a packet? Or is there a broader range of permissible foods and perhaps slightly higher carbs allowed?
Old 12-15-2014, 07:31 PM   #27  

Height: 5'2

Quote:

I came here to read about some successes because I have strong cravings right now (Maybe a chocolate cake sandwich on top of a pizza?) but need to divorce myself from thee three lifelong friends (pasta, bread, and to a much lesser extent...alcohol) because they treated me badly.
Haha, I actually lol'ed at this one. I bet you never craved a chocolate cake sandwich on top of a pizza before. IP will do that to you. I used to crave donuts like mad during Phase 1 - which I usually would pass on prior to IP. Just wait until you start dreaming about eating non-IP foods!
Old 12-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
Has anyone gone from the regular IP plan (Phase 1) to the Alternate one (I hear this is generally for diabetics and those requiring a few more carbs and includes fruit and yogurt) for a week while on vacation? And either lost weight or at least stayed the same? We're going away with family to a resort where I'm just not sure how all the meals are going to play out. Plus we're going to be pretty active all day. I'm going to take along some IP food, but we will be out at restaurants twice a day. Wondering if going alternate temporarily might make it more likely that I'll stick to at least some plan, rather than just being tempted to go partly off the regular plan for the week. Or is all this just going to set me back too much?
I moved from P1 to alternative because P1 wasn't enough food for me and I was quite ill and stalled. I lost better and was healthier using Alternative Diabetic P1. You will lose a bit slower obviously, in alternative but it is still P1 and will keep you in ketosis. I could see it being good for a vacation where you may have difficulty getting the regular P1 foods available. But as JJTx says below... P2 will work as well if you just don't have room or available facilities for taking all your P1 packets. Your choice. Good on you for planning!
Liana

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
I'm sure more expert folks will weigh in, but when I went on vacation a few weeks into the program, my coach said that if I wanted/needed to, I could do Phase 2 on my trip - adding protein at lunch instead of having a packet.

Last edited by canadjineh; 12-15-2014 at 09:44 PM. Reason: spelling, DOH!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:00 PM   #29  

Thank you, Liana. I'm going to spend some time figuring out the differences between the two and then see if my IP coach will "weigh in" when I go WI on Thursday I know we're just talking about a week, but I'm so nervous about reversing the progress I've made so far!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:43 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
Thank you, Liana. I'm going to spend some time figuring out the differences between the two and then see if my IP coach will "weigh in" when I go WI on Thursday I know we're just talking about a week, but I'm so nervous about reversing the progress I've made so far!
LOL, no worries, it's not a 'reversal'... just a slightly slower continuation of the process. Above all don't let a coach suggest that you 'phase off' for something as trivial as a vacation - they likely wouldn't for a weeklong one, but just to keep it in mind if you are away for 3 weeks or more. You will do fine
Liana
Closed Thread