Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 06:57 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Wednesday 12/10/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW/211/CW/206/GW/150

Height: 5.4

Good Morning Everyone. I have my 1st weigh in today after rebooting! I feel so much better after ridding my body of all the junk i was eating. I hope everyone has an awesome day!!

Old 12-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #3  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Have a wonderful day and stay focused and strong.

Tami
Old 12-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #4  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning! Congrats to all the great weigh ins! Reading about all of your successes is def helping me get the right mindset to commit to this plan for the next 3 months!

I restarted IP today. Started the day with a protein shake made with plain protein powder, liquid stevia, spinach, instant coffee and a splash of vanilla. I have broccoli which I will chop up and add to my cream of mushroom soup with a splash of hot sauce for lunch. A protein bar for a snack and a shrimp/veggie stir fry for dinner. I'll need to stop at the grocery store to get more veggies and some Miracle Noodles but I am def on track!
Old 12-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #5  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

Another day at in IP world. Staying focused although feel like deviating sometime.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #6  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, all!

Since I only started IP 5 days ago I'm wondering if this can be true...

I have so much more energy than before. Is that even possible, less than a week? I used to be tired all the time, all I could think about was when I could take my next nap. I haven't felt that way all week! Is this real?

Hoping...

Last edited by ladelineb; 12-10-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I had an NSV today, I was walking to my car and my pants were falling off I had to go in and change! I am officially out of size 16 and in 14!! YAY. I have a few pairs of size 14 dress pants and jeans, after 14's become too big I will have to go shopping!
Old 12-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #8  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I had an NSV today, I was walking to my car and my pants were falling off I had to go in and change! I am officially out of size 16 and in 14!! YAY. I have a few pairs of size 14 dress pants and jeans, after 14's become too big I will have to go shopping!
Congratulations, Kelly! What a wonderful NSV -- looking forward to that one myself!!
Old 12-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning,

Working to keep my chin up today - it was a rough morning at home (kids were not cooperative)...was late getting out of the house then proceeded to drop all of my bags on the way down my front stairs....accidentally flung my ID badge across the parking lot while taking it out of my purse....put too much water in my IP oatmeal...and one of my coworkers told me I had "heavy feet" when I walked. Murphy has apparently overtaken my day :/

On a more serious note, I have the wake for my friend tonight, there won't be food challenges but definitely stress/emotion management challenges. Keeping my eyes on the prize and will not self-medicate with food when I get home.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #10  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

I hit my goal weight today at home! I am thrilled to see my coach on Friday and make it official. It feels a little unreal right now. I can't believe what I've accomplished this year!

I am probably sticking to my plan of continuing with phase 1 through December, unless I feel like I need to start eating more to keep up with my increased activity (snowshoeing and skiing).

(Although it is unofficial and not my weigh-in day, I updated my signature and ticker just because I wanted to see it!)
Old 12-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all.....let's make this an awesome day!
Old 12-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #12  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

scorbett1103 - So sorry for your loss - so very hard.

And I think it is Monday all week this week.

Peppertree - Woo hoo! Congrats! So exciting!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 12-10-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #13  

pishposhappelsauce Thanks for the advise on the gallbladder. Not to get too gross but my stools showed some bleeding (the upper GI kind) which I attribute to the pain episode. It has cleared now and I'm trying to hold out til after Jan 1 for the next year of insurance deductible. I feel fine right now but certainly I'm monitoring things and am focused on trying to nail down what might be causing it, in the event it happens again.

Part of my waiting is I think they might pull me off IP and I'm having so much success - almost 60 pounds and 38" so far since mid-August. Goal is 120 lbs. I'm almost out of the obese category, and like Kathyc14 I need to buy a belt for my older and smaller pants that I'm cycling thru as I get smaller!

I'm afraid of stopping the IP regimen until I hit goal. The plan is very doable but it is a sacrifice! I do feel like a different person and have a much brighter outlook on life.

Thanks!!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #14  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Good morning,

Working to keep my chin up today - it was a rough morning at home (kids were not cooperative)...was late getting out of the house then proceeded to drop all of my bags on the way down my front stairs....accidentally flung my ID badge across the parking lot while taking it out of my purse....put too much water in my IP oatmeal...and one of my coworkers told me I had "heavy feet" when I walked. Murphy has apparently overtaken my day :/

On a more serious note, I have the wake for my friend tonight, there won't be food challenges but definitely stress/emotion management challenges. Keeping my eyes on the prize and will not self-medicate with food when I get home.
Sorry to hear you're having such a rough day. I hope it gets better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
I hit my goal weight today at home! I am thrilled to see my coach on Friday and make it official. It feels a little unreal right now. I can't believe what I've accomplished this year!

I am probably sticking to my plan of continuing with phase 1 through December, unless I feel like I need to start eating more to keep up with my increased activity (snowshoeing and skiing).

(Although it is unofficial and not my weigh-in day, I updated my signature and ticker just because I wanted to see it!)
Congrats! that is awesome! You should be so proud!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just had my lunch (cream of mushroom soup with broccoli) and as I finished it I thought, "that wasn't enough food" LOL! I'm already looking at the clock and thinking about my next snack. It's day one of my restart so I know this will pass but UGH!!! I don't have any lettuce or other unlimited veggie, but I do have some beef boullion and an egg in the fridge. So I'll power through the afternoon white knuckled!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

And I think it is Monday all week this week.
Oh my goodness.....THIS X10000000000000
Closed Thread