Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 05:35 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Thursday 12/4/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-04-2014, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Morning all. Quick question if you don't mind. I was unable to do a search. How many ounces of canned tuna is equivalent to the required 8 ounces? I am preparing for phase 2. Thank you.

Last edited by ommamma; 12-04-2014 at 06:45 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning All....

Sorry I missed yesterday here...don't know what happened lol...

Johnsdeer- congrats to you!

For those who are losing slow.....it happens! I just came off a 0, 1, 0 and then finally -3 & 1.5. Just be 100% IP and patient.... Check your measurements I was consistently losing inches even though the scale didn't move. It works....just work it!

Today I am home for the morning waiting for my new front door to be delivered....so excited to be on the last "project" lol....this project is the front door and sidelights, new Flooring in the foyer, 1st floor bath and laundry room and new carpet for my bedroom and my sons room and a runner on the stairs. Can't wait till its all done! Seems like we have had some project or another going on since we moved here.....this is usually what we do. Our first house we re did everything over the course of 8 years then sold it and moved to this one that we have been working on lol.....
Old 12-04-2014, 07:04 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommamma View Post
Morning all. Quick question if you don't mind. I was unable to do a search. How many ounces of canned tuna is equivalent to the required 8 ounces? I am preparing for phase 2. Thank you.
Congrats on hitting P2! It's 8 oz of canned tuna which is a lot of tuna! I always just did 4 oz and added a couple of hard boiled eggs to bring the count up. Much more manageable. Add some 0/0/0 dill pickle relish and mustard and, boom, yummy tuna salad!

Sgrealtor1 - Yep, the scale weight is only part of the losing process - those inches count! One of the mini-goals I set for myself was to lose 2 feet off my waist - was fun to watch those inches melt off!
Old 12-04-2014, 07:54 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!!
Old 12-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

[QUOTE=Ruth Ann;5101414]Congrats on hitting P2! It's 8 oz of canned tuna which is a lot of tuna! I always just did 4 oz and added a couple of hard boiled eggs to bring the count up. Much more manageable. Add some 0/0/0 dill pickle relish and mustard and, boom, yummy tuna salad!

Thank you for the salad suggestion, sounds good. I am not quite ready for phases 2, if I am honest, I have actually been putting it off because I feel like I am going to dread it. I was thinking that the 8 oz. of protien required is weighed raw and the canned tuna is obviously cooked so I thought (actually was hoping) that it would be less. Thanks again.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #7  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

Another day begins.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone!! Here's to a great day.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #9  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Morning everyone: I am so excited my scale is moving and tonight I am going to do my measurements and get them logged once a week. I am doing alternatives due to the IP being so expensive. I lost another pound today so I am down to 229 and that is a total of 7 pounds since Friday last week. I figure I am going to stay away from the scale this weekend and try to stick to IP, I always do good during the week when I reboot and fall off on the weekend but I have made a commitment to myself to stay OP each day. I want to loose this "Baby" I call it. It is just my weight gain and I need to let it go. I am going to keep the same schedule as during the week Fri-Sun and keep the inches and weight coming off.
I have also brought my Beck Diet Solution book and workbook with me today to get the correct mindset to do this for the rest of my life and not let that negativity "weight" come back. There is no reason I don't deserve to have self esteem, self worth, and I deserve this. We all deserve to find that happy weight that makes us feel good and be the person we deserve to be.
Here's to another great day on IP.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Hello, everybody!

Well, I've been a little MIA since Thanksgiving. I had a weigh in on the Tuesday before, but didn't write down my loss to update on here. I cheated on Thanksgiving, as I had planned from day 1, and didn't go overboard. Really, the carby food (potatoes, roll, dressing) tasted super bland to me and afterward I said "maybe that wasn't worth it". I also had to take a 2 hour long nap immediately after. I felt really unfulfilled but glad that I had the freedom to participate in the holiday. Unfortunately, I cheated a little (about 1 meal a day) on Saturday & Sunday. That was NOT part of my plan, but I am not perfect, and I can only get back on. So that is what I did...

I have been completely back OP since Monday. As we all know, I have had to fight my way back into ketosis, which, well... sucked. Not as bad as the first time, but still not great. The cheat has messed with my morale some. I do feel a little guilt and worry that I will be totally set back now. I am also feeling more impatient than normal. I want to hurry up and drop a pants size! Or two! I am dating someone new (though who I've known for 10 years) and I want to feel comfortable with my body. He is very naturally thin, as I used to be, and now I feel BIG in comparison.

I'm also having a hard time working out. I know we are supposed to go light, but with my coach's permission I got a 10lb kettlebell. However, I am getting fatigued SO quickly... like after 1 set of 10 kettlebell swings. Grrrr.

Sorry for the super negative post, guys. I really try to be optimistic and happy, and am most of the time, but feel a little lost at the moment. I meet with my coach tomorrow, so hopefully I will have some good news on the loss front. On another note, I got a sample back of the desserts and the wafers are SOOOOOO good! All of them!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #11  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Good morning everyone!! Here's to a great day.
Have to tell you I love your recipes! I snagged so many of them for P1 that I still use in maintenance. You have a real gift for recipes!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #12  
finale

shrinkingsusie: we can do this, I believe the book will really help. I have been reading it on and off but now it is going to be a serious read and I'm going to do the daily things it asks of me.
Johnsdeer: GO GIRL, your weight loss is great and I do believe that seeing someone to talk about your relationship with food and personal image is a great thing.
Ruthann: You look amazing
Old 12-04-2014, 10:50 AM   #13  
Princess Melanie

S/C/G: Start 5/24/2012 198/146/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommamma View Post
Hi, just curious why you are waiting until p2 for tuna, I have been allowed to have it for dinner all along on p1.....
Old 12-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #14  
finale

Courneyf2:
I believe that you might want to have an extra shake or packet of your unlimited IP items when you work out.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

Day 4 of the reboot and all is going well, getting back into the groove of IP. Felt a bit of the "keto flu" yesterday but feeling much better today. I'm going to take it easy this week on the exercise front but I'll be back to walking/jogging next week.

Hope everybody is having a great day!

Jo
Closed Thread