Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 06:24 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Tuesday 12/2/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-02-2014, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone....

WI for me today at 10:30! Feeling good about it since I got a sneak peak at the Dr. Yesterday. Lol

Cannot believe that it's December and the year is almost over. It's funny how when I started late June / early July I thought that first week I would never make it thru....then I talked myself into sticking it out for 20lbs....now the year is almost over 54 lbs down and feeling great and also feeling like I never want to eat the old way again.... . Love IP and the support from this group....this is what has gotten me thru and made time fly.

Here's to a good December everyone...let's end this year on a positive note.

Last edited by Sgrealtor1; 12-02-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:55 AM   #3  

Forgot to mention.....dream jeans made it up and over the hips this weekend .....if I laid in the bed and struggled I could probably have gotten them buttoned, but I am waiting till they fit the proper way....maybe it will be my Christmas Day outfit!
Old 12-02-2014, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Morning Everyone....

WI for me today at 10:30! Feeling good about it since I got a sneak peak at the Dr. Yesterday. Lol

Cannot believe that it's December and the year is almost over. It's funny how when I started late June / early July I thought that first week I would never make it thru....then I talked myself into sticking it out for 20lbs....now the year is almost over 54 lbs down and feeling great and also feeling like I never want to eat the old way again.... . Love IP and the support from this group....this is what has gotten me thru and made time fly.

That's great!! Losing does make you feel fantastic!! Hope the jeans fit before Christmas
Old 12-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #5  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning:

My WI will be this coming Saturday. My NSV this morning was 168 lbs, so I am hoping that will show on WI on Sat.

Staying 100% OP. All the cravings are gone now.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
That's great!! Losing does make you feel fantastic!! Hope the jeans fit before Christmas
I didn't get a chance to say AWESOME JOB to you yesterday - your progress pics are great!

sgrealtor - that is the BEST feeling, slipping something on that you KNOW you couldn't get past your thighs a few months ago.

I had a similar but *sad* experience this morning - went to put on one of my FAVORITE skirts for work, the last time I tried to wear it, it was snug but still fit. Yeah.....almost slipped right off my hips. Will have to retire that to the consignment pile, hoping I can find a comparable replacement in a smaller size
Old 12-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

My goal yesterday was to drink the extra water that I missed the day before, which I did. I was up three times in the night to pee, but that's ok.

I have decided to gradually start making simple changes to start increasing the amount of exercise I get. So my first comittement is to always take the stairs, rather than an escalator, and to take them two at a time. Good to tone up those thigh and bum muscles. Obviously there are situations where I won't be able to, like carrying laundry up from the basement, if there are too many people in front of me in a public place, icy outdoor steps, etc, but otherwise it should be great. We went up at least 8 flights of stairs in Toronto on Sunday and yesterday morning I could feel the burn. It was good though, and I also did a lot of walking and standing which likely contributed.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Quote:
Forgot to mention.....dream jeans made it up and over the hips this weekend .....if I laid in the bed and struggled I could probably have gotten them buttoned, but I am waiting till they fit the proper way....maybe it will be my Christmas Day outfit!
Yay for dream jeans!! You will look awesome once you feel is the right time to start wearing them!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 12-02-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Congrats! It's such a good feeling fitting into a smaller size.

P2 update: Yesterday was day one and I was uncomfortably full all day. I am also freaking out a little bit. I had up pounds that I attributed to sodium at a company Thanksgiving dinner on Monday of last week. So when I left on Tues. for vacation I was at 143.3. Got back and weighed the same. After one day of P2 this morning...144.5. EEEKKK! I know that the glycogen stores are supposed to go up and this will result in about a 3 lb gain but I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until P3 with the reintroduction of more carbs. I'm trying not to let this mess with my head and make me run back to the safety and comfort of P1 so I will keep going on P2. I'll just watch my sodium and I still have a bit of travel related Big C going on. Keep calm and P2. That's what I'll keep saying to myself today.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #9  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz
And....the IP Banana Pudding is NASTY. LOL!
Oh yes, I quite agree. But, there is an excellent recipe for Chocolate Banana bread using a pack of the dark chocolate pudding (use only egg white) or the chocolate drink mix with the icky banana one. It tastes really nice when it's fresh out of the oven.

CHOCOLATE-BANANA BREAD: (From Wellbeloved Wellness' Facebook page)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray a mini-loaf pan with olive oil non-stick spray
In a bowl, mix the following:
1 packet Chocolate Drink Mix
1 packet Banana Pudding Mix
1 egg white and 1 whole egg
1 tablespoon nonfat milk (could use up to 2 for a total of 1 oz nonfat milk in place of using 1 oz nonfat milk with your coffee in the morning)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons Walden Farms chocolate syrup (or 1-2 teaspoons Splenda may work well) or Torani's sugar and carb free Chocolate syrup
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pour all contents into the mini loaf and bake for about 15 minutes.
Yields 2 non-restricted products. You could eat half & share the rest, or eat half the loaf today and half the loaf tomorrow, or eat half the loaf for breakfast and half the loaf for a snack, etc.

Quote:
WI for me today at 10:30! Feeling good about it since I got a sneak peak at the Dr. Yesterday. Lol ...

Good luck on your WI, Sue. Those dream jeans will be slipping off you soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsach312 View Post
Good Morning:

My WI will be this coming Saturday. My NSV this morning was 168 lbs, so I am hoping that will show on WI on Sat.

Staying 100% OP. All the cravings are gone now.
Glad to hear IP is easier for you now. Onward and downward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

I had a similar but *sad* experience this morning - went to put on one of my FAVORITE skirts for work, the last time I tried to wear it, it was snug but still fit. Yeah.....almost slipped right off my hips. Will have to retire that to the consignment pile, hoping I can find a comparable replacement in a smaller size
I am dreading this with my favourite skirt, too, and I know it can't be altered. Any skilled tailors in the family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
P2 update: Yesterday was day one and I was uncomfortably full all day. I am also freaking out a little bit. I had up pounds that I attributed to sodium at a company Thanksgiving dinner on Monday of last week. So when I left on Tues. for vacation I was at 143.3. Got back and weighed the same. After one day of P2 this morning...144.5. EEEKKK! I know that the glycogen stores are supposed to go up and this will result in about a 3 lb gain but I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until P3 with the reintroduction of more carbs. I'm trying not to let this mess with my head and make me run back to the safety and comfort of P1 so I will keep going on P2. I'll just watch my sodium and I still have a bit of travel related Big C going on. Keep calm and P2. That's what I'll keep saying to myself today.
You made me curious enough to go look up how much water is stored with glycogen. According to LiveStrong you store 3g of water with 1g of glycogen so it sounds like you will shed the water again soon. Good job on staying positive through a short term gain - love that "Keep calm and P2".

---

Today I've decided to treat myself to a couple of new tops, as my wardrobe seems to have a surplus of 2X and Medium but nothing in between. I think I'll be a little ambitious and aim for Large - I'm feeling positive today.

Have an excellent Tuesday, folks. Let's make December our buzz month!!!!

Last edited by Briael; 12-02-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!!

Yes, I'm back I was here for most of 2013 where I lost around 80lbs. Due to some recent poor choices, I've gained back around 30ish of what I lost so I'm buckling down and getting back at it.

I'm doing alternatives this time for several reasons: the clinic I went to swtiched to another product and I'm not comfortable with it and I just really can't afford it this time around. I'll be posting on the Alternative threads for some favourites/recommendations to order from Nashua.

Great to "see" some familiar faces - Lisa for her usual helpful advice and starting the daily thread

Happy 2nd day of December!

Jo
Old 12-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Yes, I'm back I was here for most of 2013 where I lost around 80lbs. Due to some recent poor choices, I've gained back around 30ish of what I lost so I'm buckling down and getting back at it.

I'm doing alternatives this time for several reasons: the clinic I went to swtiched to another product and I'm not comfortable with it and I just really can't afford it this time around. I'll be posting on the Alternative threads for some favourites/recommendations to order from Nashua.

Great to "see" some familiar faces - Lisa for her usual helpful advice and starting the daily thread

Happy 2nd day of December!

Jo
Welcome back! There are a bunch of us on reboots right now, I'm about 10lbs away from phasing off and the only regret is not using the P1 tools to get back on track sooner!

If you read back through the Alts thread, there are TONS of posts with recommendations from Nashua - and other local sources too (Target, Walmart, GNC, drugstores, etc). I have now done 2 successful rounds on P1 using alternative products, you will do great!
Old 12-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good morning y'all!

Weigh-in this morning, and while I was UP 1/2 a pound (grumble) I'm trying to stay focused on the NSV's - I lost about 5 pounds of fat, and measurements were down 4 inches overall from three weeks ago. Upward and onward!
Old 12-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #13  
IP Start 12/2/2014

S/C/G: 251/176/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi! Today is my first day on IP. I've had cereal flakes, vitamins and water for breakfast. Going to prepare for my lunch soon.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #14  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies....don't post a lot on this thread anymore, but I'm home with a sick kiddo today. Just wanted to encourage everyone here to keep up the great work! You are all doing so amazing! Don't let the temptations of the season to get you off-track. There is not sugar cookie or fudge that will feel as good as maintaining a healthy weight and body image!!!!!!!!

SGrealtor.......Congrats on your progress!!!!!! I knew early on when you started posting that you would do amazing....and I was right! You will be starting this new year in such a different place than last year. What an accomplishment!

Congrats Scorbett on getting close to goal! I didn't realize how emotionally attached I had gotten to a few clothing items (mostly pants that I found fit me well even at my highest weight) and that I was oddly sad when I got rid of them. But, then I realized I didn't HAVE to work so hard anymore to find the "perfect" fitting pants since I could actually start buying clothes off the rack and generally assume they would fit. What a GREAT experience! You'll be joining us on the maintainers thread soon!!!!!

CatLady....Don't stress about the up pounds. My weight can vary up to 3 lbs in one day depending on salt intake, TOM, the big C, etc. Just follow the P2 protocol. You will NOT gain fat on P2, as your calorie deficit is still quite high. For your height and weight, you will probably eventually be able to maintain at about 1800 calories. P2 should only be getting you to around 1100-1200 calories daily! It is important to slowly up your calories, as your metabolism has gotten used to the lower caloric intake of P1. Come over and visit the maintainers thread, there are several newly transitioning maintainers there as well!
Old 12-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Hi ladies....don't post a lot on this thread anymore, but I'm home with a sick kiddo today. Just wanted to encourage everyone here to keep up the great work! You are all doing so amazing! Don't let the temptations of the season to get you off-track. There is not sugar cookie or fudge that will feel as good as maintaining a healthy weight and body image!!!!!!!!

SGrealtor.......Congrats on your progress!!!!!! I knew early on when you started posting that you would do amazing....and I was right! You will be starting this new year in such a different place than last year. What an accomplishment!

Congrats Scorbett on getting close to goal! I didn't realize how emotionally attached I had gotten to a few clothing items (mostly pants that I found fit me well even at my highest weight) and that I was oddly sad when I got rid of them. But, then I realized I didn't HAVE to work so hard anymore to find the "perfect" fitting pants since I could actually start buying clothes off the rack and generally assume they would fit. What a GREAT experience! You'll be joining us on the maintainers thread soon!!!!!

CatLady....Don't stress about the up pounds. My weight can vary up to 3 lbs in one day depending on salt intake, TOM, the big C, etc. Just follow the P2 protocol. You will NOT gain fat on P2, as your calorie deficit is still quite high. For your height and weight, you will probably eventually be able to maintain at about 1800 calories. P2 should only be getting you to around 1100-1200 calories daily! It is important to slowly up your calories, as your metabolism has gotten used to the lower caloric intake of P1. Come over and visit the maintainers thread, there are several newly transitioning maintainers there as well!
I'm Blushing ... thanks for the kind words! And great to see you..
Closed Thread