Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 07:11 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Monday 12/1/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Haven't checked in on the daily thread in a while but have been reading. Everyone seems to be working so hard. Loving those NSV!

I have been working at maintaining since Sept and joined the mini challenge to help me stay on track thru the tempting holidays.

I ran my first half marathon November 2nd in 2:03min. It would have been impossible without IP!

"What doesn't challenge you doesn't change you"
Old 12-01-2014, 09:10 AM   #3  

Hey everyone
I thought of a good topic for today (spurred by someone else)

Halloween & Thanksgiving are over.
We have more holidays upcoming.

If you "fell" on one of those special occasions, what do you plan to do differently during upcoming special events to stay OP? Remember, there are special events ALL YEAR. There is "never" a perfect time to be on a diet.

I've already made my plan for my Hawaii trip and shared it with my diet coach.

Staying OP is all about planning.
So is maintaining.
When I fall, it is because I get a "go to h311" attitude.
And who am I failing?
Myself.
I did (am doing) IP for my health. The vanity is a side-effect, in my opinion.
Maybe this is why simple, small scale fluctuations don't freak me out.
I deserve health and wellness.
How about you?

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-01-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #4  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

I am so glad Thanksgiving is behind us. All the food and you tempted to eat. But I am proud to say, I did an excellent job staying away from everything.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #5  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hey everyone
I thought of a good topic for today (spurred by someone else)

Halloween & Thanksgiving are over.
We have more holidays upcoming.

If you "fell" on one of those special occasions, what do you plan to do differently during upcoming special events to stay OP? Remember, there are special events ALL YEAR. There is "never" a perfect time to be on a diet.

I've already made my plan for my Hawaii trip and shared it with my diet coach.

Staying OP is all about planning.
So is maintaining.
When I fall, it is because I get a "go to h311" attitude.
And who am I failing?
Myself.
I did (am doing) IP for my health. The vanity is a side-effect, in my opinion.
Maybe this is why simple, small scale fluctuations don't freak me out.
I deserve health and wellness.
How about you?
Your right there are so many things/special events that occur all year long and some more important than others .... For me personally Thanksgiving and Christmas are my greatest downfalls because I travel and they are out of my control however I think to help myself I have chosen to host Christmas in my own home and have control of the majority of the food now. Will family and friends bring things ofcourse but I will be better prepared with my own prepared options.

I also will not beat myself up if I fail for a moment instead I get back on the wagon and keep going.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #6  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I am exhausted. We didn't get home from Toronto until about 2am so it was about 3 when I was finally able to unwind and fall asleep, then alarm was set for 930. Feeling a bit hungover, even though I didn't drink. I did have some Coke Zero, which I shouldn't have, but I needed so,e caffeine for the drive, and I don't drink coffee. I was about 1/3 short on my water intake as well, so my mini goal today is to "make up" that extra water today. Hope everyone has a great day. Early to bed for this chicky. Thank goodness for leftovers in the fridge, few hours at work, then relax and watch last nights episode of walking dead.

Have a great day!

Ps: I got a gorgeous new area rug at a steal of a price. Our living room redo is really coming together
Old 12-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday y'all! I did not want to get out of bed this morning! Thanksgiving holidays were wonderful - turns out one of my sisters and her husband are also on a diet, not as restrictive as IP, so we had fun comparing notes and recipes. Stayed 99% on plan (allowed one "cheat"), and everyone was very affirming of my sticking to it - my mantra was "it's one Thanksgiving..."

Christmas should be even easier since we'll be home and I'll be cooking. Although I'll have to think about working around traditional favorites.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 12-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default I survived Thanksgiving!

I got back from my Thanksgiving vacation weighing the same as the day I left. I feel pretty good about that. I stayed OP the whole time but it was a challenge to get in all my water and veggies. One of the great things about the Northern part of Idaho, IP is very popular. Several restaurants have separate IP menus. It was such a relief to order something off the menu without having to make substitutions and special requests.

On another note I felt very conflicted yesterday about starting P2. I think it was because it's something different and I have trouble with change. P1 is so safe and familiar. But I decided to move forward and stick to my original plan. I'm hoping for some losses in P2 & P3 so I can get to my goal weight. I got all my meat and have my menus planned out. I'll adjust MFP after a few days to see where my macros fall. Here we go!!
Old 12-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #9  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good luck CatLady on moving to P2!!!! Way to go for sticking with the plan through Thanksgiving. Wow, Idaho sounds like the perfect place for an IPer! With P2, you don't need to control your macros, but observing them will give you practice for P4. P2 is A LOT of meat, I used deviled eggs as a way to help me get in all the real protein. I can't believe how much I missed my extra packet, lol!

Sending all the IPers lots of WillPower Dust during the holidays! As a maintainer, the reality is that I won't be doing a lot of indulging either. This is definitely a LIFESTYLE change. But those temporary sacrifices are such short-lasting blips. Feeling fit and good about yourself tastes SO MUCH better than any sugar cookie ever could!
Old 12-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Hi ladies, sounds like Thanksgiving was a success for the most part, that's great!

Catlady - how cool that restaurants there have IP menus! I love that and wish we had it here!

I am going good, missed my last week's weigh in so was down 7 lbs this one. That's a total of 23 pounds in 4 weeks. I'm super happy about that but reeeeaaaaallllyyyy want to keep it up! I know eventually it has to slow down a bit but I don't want it to!

I'm faced with a few challenges this week, mostly tonight as we are going to a pizza restaurant for work. I know I can order the chicken and a mushroom salad, but I just have concerns on how they cook it. Can I ask for no butter, oil, etc? I'm worried. I much prefer eating at home where I can control everything!
Old 12-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Good luck CatLady on moving to P2!!!! Way to go for sticking with the plan through Thanksgiving. Wow, Idaho sounds like the perfect place for an IPer! With P2, you don't need to control your macros, but observing them will give you practice for P4. P2 is A LOT of meat, I used deviled eggs as a way to help me get in all the real protein. I can't believe how much I missed my extra packet, lol!

Sending all the IPers lots of WillPower Dust during the holidays! As a maintainer, the reality is that I won't be doing a lot of indulging either. This is definitely a LIFESTYLE change. But those temporary sacrifices are such short-lasting blips. Feeling fit and good about yourself tastes SO MUCH better than any sugar cookie ever could!

Thanks! I started doing MFP a few weeks ago just to get into the habit of daily logging. I remembered you saying that the deviled eggs helped you get through. I made some yesterday and thought of you while I was making them!

I will be on my own for Christmas so I can totally control what is going in my mouth. Not so much at the company Christmas party. These were my choices for dinner:

1. Lemon and Dill Roasted Chicken with Caramelized Onion and Potato Gratin, and Honey Carrots
2. Sliced Beef Tenderloin with Twice Baked Potato and Creamed Kale
3. Crusted Salmon with Jalapeno Stuffing, Grilled Sweet Potatoes, and Cranberry Chutney

I went with the beef and I'll bring a baggie with 2c. of zucchini. I'm sure there will be desserts as well but I'll just have a Quest Bar.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Not feeling so good today. The crud is going around, fever, stomach bug...I'm at work, just moving slow. I don't feel like drinking water or eating my IP food. Chicken broth sounds good right about now.....
Old 12-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey All,
Today is Day 3 of P1. ( again). Lisa, you nailed it. I did have the " go to **ll" attitude and i suffered for it, so back at i go.
I do have a question for y'all. I joined a Winter Challenge for my job that requires 150 minutes of excersize per week.
Was wondering what others do for excersizing and has it hindered weight loss while being on IP? Curious what you all do.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Hey All,
Today is Day 3 of P1. ( again). Lisa, you nailed it. I did have the " go to **ll" attitude and i suffered for it, so back at i go.
I do have a question for y'all. I joined a Winter Challenge for my job that requires 150 minutes of exercise per week.
Was wondering what others do for exercise and has it hindered weight loss while being on IP? Curious what you all do.
Yoga (I used my wii fit) or I do a show on PBS called Classical Stretch. If you can't find the show on your PBS station, they do one-month subscriptions online at essentrics.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Not feeling so good today. The crud is going around, fever, stomach bug...I'm at work, just moving slow. I don't feel like drinking water or eating my IP food. Chicken broth sounds good right about now.....
Throw some veggies in that chicken broth.
Do you have any of the fruity IP drinks? They go down pretty easily.

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-01-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Default Almost Ready for Phase 2?

I never thought that I would get to goal, but here I am...1.3 pounds away. I am reviewing the most recent Phase 2 protocol sheet and wondering how I am going to vary my protein so I don't get bored. It's 8 oz. raw and 6 oz. cooked, right?

I am planning on eating chicken on my salad at lunch and possibly using leftover protein (pork, salmon, etc.) as another option. What about tuna? Or hard-boiled eggs? What are you guys doing or have done to keep Phase 2 as interesting and manageable as possible? I'm thinking I'm going to start on Monday (assuming I can hit 155). I REALLY want to see that goal weight or lower on the scale before starting Phase 2! I'm terrified of leaving the comfort zone of Phase 1!
Closed Thread