Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I never thought that I would get to goal, but here I am...1.3 pounds away. I am reviewing the most recent Phase 2 protocol sheet and wondering how I am going to vary my protein so I don't get bored. It's 8 oz. raw and 6 oz. cooked, right?

I am planning on eating chicken on my salad at lunch and possibly using leftover protein (pork, salmon, etc.) as another option. What about tuna? Or hard-boiled eggs? What are you guys doing or have done to keep Phase 2 as interesting and manageable as possible? I'm thinking I'm going to start on Monday (assuming I can hit 155). I REALLY want to see that goal weight or lower on the scale before starting Phase 2! I'm terrified of leaving the comfort zone of Phase 1!
Congrats! I'm excited for the next phase. Aren't you?

I just started P2 today. My plan is to cook 2 dinners. Eat one at dinner and the other at lunch the next day. I plan to incorporate deviled eggs when I can't stomach 8 oz. of protein. And to answer your question, yes, 8 oz raw cooks to about 5-6 oz. cooked. I think some days I will have sort of a chef salad using tuna and add eggs. I didn't get to goal before starting P2 but hope to get there in the next 4 weeks. Diet fatigue won and I just couldn't keep going. I'm planning on fish, chicken, tuna, ground beef, pork, shrimp, and steak for my meats. That is pretty much what I've done all throughout P1 and I didn't get bored with it. I might even have my meat meal at breakfast to switch things up.

Last edited by catlady1981; 12-01-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #17  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Nashua Nutrition have cyber Monday specials ... 10% discount using code CYBER. Enjoy.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Happy full week back after Thanksgiving! So proud of all of you who were 100% OP last week! WTG!!

Paying for my Thanksgiving cheat day dearly today as I was 1.4lb up from last WI. So I blew my Labor day challenge goal which stinks. However, I am trying to focus on the fact that I’ve had an amazing 5 months of 100% OP. Rebooting after a cheat day is tough…lots of cravings but I held tough. Even gave my DH the stink eye last night as he was munching on a snack. So funny to see his guilty look as his zipped up the bag and put it back in the pantry. I really do appreciate his support. Most days it doesn’t bother me but yesterday was tough. My coach said I should have the cravings out of my system by tomorrow.

I will say that I was a little scared of how easily I slid right back into my old eating habits if even for just a day. Makes me worry about life after P1…

Christmas will be just my DH and kids at home this year and I am feeling more committed to staying 100% for it. Since my kids aren’t big turkey eaters, we are talking about just buying some smoked turkey from a BBQ place. I can easily make cauliflower mashed potatoes and roasted veggies. Keeping it simple.

Hope everyone has a great OP week!

Last edited by CenTXChk; 12-01-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Congrats! I'm excited for the next phase. Aren't you?

I just started P2 today. My plan is to cook 2 dinners. Eat one at dinner and the other at lunch the next day. I plan to incorporate deviled eggs when I can't stomach 8 oz. of protein. And to answer your question, yes, 8 oz raw cooks to about 5-6 oz. cooked. I think some days I will have sort of a chef salad using tuna and add eggs. I didn't get to goal before starting P2 but hope to get there in the next 4 weeks. Diet fatigue won and I just couldn't keep going. I'm planning on fish, chicken, tuna, ground beef, pork, shrimp, and steak for my meats. That is pretty much what I've done all throughout P1 and I didn't get bored with it. I might even have my meat meal at breakfast to switch things up.
Thanks so much for all your advice...I had forgotten about shrimp! Yummy on a salad! A chef salad with tuna and hard boiled eggs sounds really good too.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #20  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

UGH! What a waste last week. And really this week too. After 8 months of being on this diet I caved last week and ate everything in site. I got on the scale on Saturday and the damn thing didn't recognize me, it thought I was a "guest". True story. Now I'm spending this week trying to get back to where I was the week before Thanksgiving. UGH! I know better.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

plateau breaker update- no such luck!

i tried doing a week of P3, followed by P1 and the scale is still the same, which is good that it did not go up but bad because it did not go down.

i am just going to plug away P1 and pray for movement
Old 12-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Thanks so much for all your advice...I had forgotten about shrimp! Yummy on a salad! A chef salad with tuna and hard boiled eggs sounds really good too.
Catlady and Marylandmom Congrats on moving into P2!
I tend to rotate between eggs, chicken, and tuna fish. I didn't struggle so much with the amounts as I was exercising at the same time so I think my body welcomed it. Like Catlady I didn't find that I was getting to bored with it, it still made the planning pretty easy.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #23  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Two week totals = 11lbs and 9.75 inches ... Feeling motivated!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
plateau breaker update- no such luck!

i tried doing a week of P3, followed by P1 and the scale is still the same, which is good that it did not go up but bad because it did not go down.

i am just going to plug away P1 and pray for movement
That is a feeling I know well.
Eventually it will budge but MAN is it hard to wait.
I've had to tell myself that my alternative is to be fat and sick.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Hello fellow IPeeps,

I made it halfway to my goal this weigh-in! I told myself I'd post a pic at halfway and at goal, so here it is.

Apologies in advance, not sure how it will post or what the quality will be like.

Have a great OP week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (22.8 KB, 51 views)
Old 12-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Hi all....

Roasting off some veggies for dinner and lunch tomorrow. Cauliflower and radishes....house smells amazing! Going to throw a tray of chicken breasts in too for dinner tonight and then DH will have lunches for the week.

WI tomorrow! Got a sneak peek at the scale today at a dr visit. Looks like another losing week. Hopefully that stall of mine is in the rear view mirror.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #27  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Hello fellow IPeeps,

I made it halfway to my goal this weigh-in! I told myself I'd post a pic at halfway and at goal, so here it is.

Apologies in advance, not sure how it will post or what the quality will be like.

Have a great OP week
GREAT WORK!!! KEEP IT UP!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #28  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

From yesterday I have to reply to Snozzeberries:
Quote:
...whats done is done; stop dwelling, learn, and move on. I made a decision to cheat, it wasn't like it was out of my control. Now i need to just move forward....
You hit the nail on the head! RIGHT ON!!!!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #29  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I got back from my Thanksgiving vacation weighing the same as the day I left. I feel pretty good about that. I stayed OP the whole time but it was a challenge to get in all my water and veggies. One of the great things about the Northern part of Idaho, IP is very popular. Several restaurants have separate IP menus. It was such a relief to order something off the menu without having to make substitutions and special requests.

On another note I felt very conflicted yesterday about starting P2. I think it was because it's something different and I have trouble with change. P1 is so safe and familiar. But I decided to move forward and stick to my original plan. I'm hoping for some losses in P2 & P3 so I can get to my goal weight. I got all my meat and have my menus planned out. I'll adjust MFP after a few days to see where my macros fall. Here we go!!
Hey Catlady! So good to see you doing so well - your ticker and your profile still show a goal of 150 and you are 8lbs past that.... do you have a new goal?

I can appreciate your fear of changing to P2.... most of us get such a rhythm going with P1 - the idea of disturbing that rhythm is definitely frightening. But, we have to move beyond to the next place... I have faith in you, and look forward to learning from any experience you share here on 3FC!

Go for it! You can do it!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #30  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Hello fellow IPeeps,

Have a great OP week
Your progress pictures reveal an image that is true to your user name: DeterminedDieter!!! You are doing great!
Closed Thread