Old 11-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #16  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Just went into the bathroom to check on the frozen buckets and our tap was running, so YAAAY! water is back on! The neighbour got it figured out - will find out more later.

Liana
Glad to hear it's fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh
RE: maintenance carbs & fats grams
Briael: I eat between 100-150 net carb grams a day (in addition I am always below MFP recommended sugars - 1/2 to 2/3rds - and 90% of the time hit or exceed my fibre recommendations) and my fats are usually 70-100 grams (not counting my exercise calories - when I do more and MFP makes higher recommendations, I up my fat & protein grams and go to the higher end for my net carbs). Maybe this will help your hunt for a food plan for maintenance that will work for you.

Liana
Thank you for the numbers. I've added them to my Maintenance Plan notebook for reference.

Passed my 50lb down marker this morning. Completely skipped the 205 and went right through to 204.4 from 206.2. Hydration level is the same as yesterday, body fat is down. I think this may be the "whoosh" after last week's mini-stall. Onward and downward. Officially 65ish to go, but if my body will tolerate it, I'd like to go a little lower. According to the online checker, I am a large frame so we'll have to see when I get closer to goal weight.

Happy weekend everyone. Hope you've recovered from T-day and Black Friday. It was the first time I've ever seen every single car parking space occupied outside a Walmart. I figured I could pop in and pick up a couple packs of chicken, but saw the lines inside and decided on a boot camp day.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #17  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Well after falling off the wagon just a bit on Thanksgiving I have successfully remained 100% OP yesterday and today. Baking some tilapia and making cauliflower rice for dinner.
TOgden3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:59 PM   #18  
Started IP 11/17/2014

Hey everyone ..... not sure if anyone will see this but I'm going to attempt to make cauliflower rice in a little bit ..... any tips or suggestions? What seasonings have you all found you liked?
Old 11-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

TOgden3 -- I tried making cauliflower rice for the first time earlier this week, so I am certainly not an expert (and there are several, detailed posts around), but here are my thoughts: grating the cauliflower in my food processor was a super easy way to "rice" it. And you can really add whatever seasonings you like -- the cauli will absorb most seasonings well and can transform into so many different flavor profiles. I really liked sautéing it in a little grapeseed oil and adding some diced veggies and salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, turmeric, ginger, and garlic (was going for an Indian flavor), but you could easily skip the turmeric and ginger and add chili powder for a more Mexican taste or perhaps try a soy sauce variation to make more Asian fried ricey, etc. You really can't mess it up. Enjoy!
Mimi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #20  
Started IP 11/17/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
TOgden3 -- I tried making cauliflower rice for the first time earlier this week, so I am certainly not an expert (and there are several, detailed posts around), but here are my thoughts: grating the cauliflower in my food processor was a super easy way to "rice" it. And you can really add whatever seasonings you like -- the cauli will absorb most seasonings well and can transform into so many different flavor profiles. I really liked sautéing it in a little grapeseed oil and adding some diced veggies and salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, turmeric, ginger, and garlic (was going for an Indian flavor), but you could easily skip the turmeric and ginger and add chili powder for a more Mexican taste or perhaps try a soy sauce variation to make more Asian fried ricey, etc. You really can't mess it up. Enjoy!
Thanks so much ..... it turned out great .... i kept it pretty basic for my fish this evening BUT i saw a recipe for a chicken fried "rice" recipe i want to try this week.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Surprisingly this holiday weekend was been really tough for me. It wasn't the dessert or high fat casseroles on Thanksgiving. I stayed on plan ALL DAY. Or on Friday for our "cookie decorating" day I didn't miss eating cookies. What I missed was the mimosas, the wine, and just having to explain all day and the next why I couldn't eat this or that. No one pressured me, and I still had fun, but man did it make me *MAD* and feel sorry for myself. Seriously, why me? why is this always what I have to deal with, always think about??? So, today I dreaded my weigh in and almost skipped it. The whole way there I told myself that I wouldn't go back, I'd switch to alternatives completely, etc. etc. My coach was great! She gave me a HUGE hug and told me she was proud of me. Man, it was what I needed.
shasta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:45 PM   #22  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
Surprisingly this holiday weekend was been really tough for me. It wasn't the dessert or high fat casseroles on Thanksgiving. I stayed on plan ALL DAY. Or on Friday for our "cookie decorating" day I didn't miss eating cookies. What I missed was the mimosas, the wine, and just having to explain all day and the next why I couldn't eat this or that. No one pressured me, and I still had fun, but man did it make me *MAD* and feel sorry for myself. Seriously, why me? why is this always what I have to deal with, always think about??? So, today I dreaded my weigh in and almost skipped it. The whole way there I told myself that I wouldn't go back, I'd switch to alternatives completely, etc. etc. My coach was great! She gave me a HUGE hug and told me she was proud of me. Man, it was what I needed.
Sending more your way! Definitely something I think most if not all of us have felt at one time or another. You are doing great!!
scorpio53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:42 PM   #23  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
Hey Shasta - you did a great job through the festivities! What a wonderful acknowledgement from your wise coach. Glad you posted the whole episode. Hang in there
westwillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:48 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 155/155/115

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
I'm at the doctors gerring a pre-employment physical. I had to come here on Sept 17th for my yearly physical. On 9/17 with shoes I weighed 244...today with shoes: 218. The doctor did a triple take and she said "wow, nice going! Keep it up!". Lol.

About the turkey...like Lisa I use 6 ounces of cooked meat. I figure it is close enough.
great job!
Aishee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 01:57 AM   #25  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
oneuh2 - Congrats on your outstanding losses! I have to tell you, I love your attitude! Losing weight is hard work and you always seem to find the absolute best take on it - so much fun to read!
Thank you Ruth Ann, Liana and others for the kind remarks - right back atcha!!!
It is the uplifting attitude so consistently present here on 3FC that feeds my thinking with positive vibes... Thank you so much to everyone!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:40 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone....

DS did great at his hockey game last night and I adjusted my eating accordingly. DH and I ate dinner at 5 while DS was on at the school, on the bus to the game. Then I got home around 9:30 and had a RTD Vanilla....yeah me!

Today is a Junior Varsity game that he was asked to play in. Something different because last year they did not let the varsity kids play Jv, but we have a new coach and his philosophy is that the younger kids wil get better with the guidance and playing of the older kids......so we are off to hockey again today, fortunately it is a 3pm game so I will just eat my snack there and then have dinner after....

So I am / was a huge wine drinker....thanksgiving I had my seltzer in a wine glass with a piece of lemon....no one was the wiser! Since I always have a bar set up for the day anyway, I guess they thought I was drinking vodka tonic lol.....the only one who questioned me was DH who then laughed at me....

Did more closet shopping yesterday...had a pile of pants that didn't fit beginning of September when I first pulled out the heavier clothes.....well all now fit! Yeah...except my dream pants......few more inches needed in the hip area for those.

Glad the no water issue was resolved!

Thanks for the tips on the seafood!
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:23 AM   #27  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone,

Hope you are all having a great weekend. They do go by so fast I am in a difficult work situation and just trying to make it work. I was using food to deal with all the issues before I started IP last Monday. I did so well this first week with the holiday (1st weigh in tomorrow) but of course now when I think of going back to work tomorrow, I feel weak I am heading out for a walk right now to clear my head and I will be fine!! I know everyone has challenges and we all need to work through them without leaning on bad food choices! I am just so glad I found this group!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
scorpio53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:33 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Shasta and Sgrealtor -- Same here with me in that it was not the holiday weekend food that tempted me, but the wine. Some quite nice bottles of red were served on Thanksgiving, and I ended up having some. It was lovely, but I think the later guilt and possibly getting knocked out of ketosis was not worth it for me. Then we had a close friend's festive holiday party last night, and I was actually dreading having to deal with the issue with all my friends around. However, I also spent the evening with a wine glass of seltzer in my hand, and it worked! (Hope I didn't have to much seltzer!) Hoping for one of those whooshes people talk about this week, as we have a black tie event next weekend, and I'd really love to closet shop, as you did, sgrealtor, and look smashing in one of my smaller nice dresses … or else go buy myself a hot new one That mini-goal will keep me going this week. Happy Sunday and start to new week, everyone!
Mimi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #29  
Started IP 11/17/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio53 View Post
Good Morning everyone,

Hope you are all having a great weekend. They do go by so fast I am in a difficult work situation and just trying to make it work. I was using food to deal with all the issues before I started IP last Monday. I did so well this first week with the holiday (1st weigh in tomorrow) but of course now when I think of going back to work tomorrow, I feel weak I am heading out for a walk right now to clear my head and I will be fine!! I know everyone has challenges and we all need to work through them without leaning on bad food choices! I am just so glad I found this group!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
I completely understand working in a school we ALWAYS have junk and food running around the offices and it is so tempting but then I focus on the reason Im doing this and I look at my daughters picture and keep going. I was weak on Thanksgiving day so many foods I only see once a year that I gave in and had 1 tbsp of everything . My WI is also tomorrow so I'm sure it won't be a very nice one but I refocused have been good the past 2 days and plan to stay OP today and will move on. Everyday is a new day.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:48 AM   #30  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, everyone! Why must the weekends go so fast? My husband is dragging me to a concert in Toronto tonight, so we likely won't be home until 2am. Going to pack an extra shake just in case. Good thing I don't start work until 12:30 tomorrow! I'm going to be exhausted. The shopping before the concert in Toronto is what got me to agree to the whole thing.

Have a great day! I feel less bloated today. I forgot how great it feels to be on IP!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote