Old 11-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Yummy New Discovery!

Cauliflower Tortillas!!!!

I made spicy tilapia last night and decided to try cauliflower tortillas! They were EXCELLENT! Easy way to get in veggies for the meal! Even my 14 yr old son wanted them after sneaking a taste of mine!

Recipe:
2 cups tightly packed/riced cauliflower

Microwave 1 min and stir, microwave 1:30 and then squeeze out all the liquid using a paper towel (it will be HOT).

Put mash into a bowl and add 2 eggs and salt/pepper and garlic powder.

Spoon onto baking pan the size of tortillas you want. Bake at 350 for 5-7 min and flip and bake 5-7 more depending on how crisp you want them to be.

When it was ready to serve I threw mine in a pan and crisped/browned them up and they were delish!!!!

I also halved the recipe so I only used 1 egg. I assume this would be 2 servings unless you used less fish.
BStr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStr13 View Post
Cauliflower Tortillas!!!!

I made spicy tilapia last night and decided to try cauliflower tortillas! They were EXCELLENT! Easy way to get in veggies for the meal! Even my 14 yr old son wanted them after sneaking a taste of mine!

Recipe:
2 cups tightly packed/riced cauliflower

Microwave 1 min and stir, microwave 1:30 and then squeeze out all the liquid using a paper towel (it will be HOT).

Put mash into a bowl and add 2 eggs and salt/pepper and garlic powder.

Spoon onto baking pan the size of tortillas you want. Bake at 350 for 5-7 min and flip and bake 5-7 more depending on how crisp you want them to be.

When it was ready to serve I threw mine in a pan and crisped/browned them up and they were delish!!!!

I also halved the recipe so I only used 1 egg. I assume this would be 2 servings unless you used less fish.
I'm lazy and have been afraid to make these because they look like so much work!! Were they a lot of work? They sound amazing! I'm not really "lazy" I just don't like to work for my food. LOL
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #3  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I'm lazy and have been afraid to make these because they look like so much work!! Were they a lot of work? They sound amazing! I'm not really "lazy" I just don't like to work for my food. LOL
Lol, I'm the same way! Other people here have said it is a lot of work but if you do a big batch (a few cauliflower heads) they freeze nicely. If I ever try it, I'm going to do that.
nat1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #4  

NO!!!! Not hard or time consuming AT ALL!!!! Good idea to make a large batch and freeze tho! I will definitely be doing that next time! It really took very little effort!
Old 11-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #5  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

hmmm... wonder if this recipe can be veganized!? Maybe I can substitute ground flax seed mixed with water for the eggs...
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #6  

Quote:
NO!!!! Not hard or time consuming AT ALL!!!! Good idea to make a large batch and freeze tho! I will definitely be doing that next time! It really took very little effort!
Wonderful!! I will give it a try!! How did you rice your cauliflower?
Old 11-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #7  

Quote:
Wonderful!! I will give it a try!! How did you rice your cauliflower?
I just put it on a cutting board and chopped it up. I don't have a food processor and my high powered blender pureed it. I'll be curious to hear if you liked them!
Old 11-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #8  

I'm glad you discovered them because they're really good but they really aren't new.
There is actually a whole cauliflower thread!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-pancakes.html
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #9  

Quote:
I just put it on a cutting board and chopped it up. I don't have a food processor and my high powered blender pureed it. I'll be curious to hear if you liked them!
OK, I don't have a food processor either! I'll be making these this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes!!
Old 11-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #10  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
OK, I don't have a food processor either! I'll be making these this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes!!
Please do let us know! We are of the same mind when it comes to making food...lol....so I want to know how easy it was for you. Some of the "Betty Crockers" on here intimidate me.
nat1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #11  

I think they are a lot of work and I don't even go to as much trouble as the recipe posted above. But, they are worth it!

I start with a bag of frozen cauliflower, much easier and less mess than grating the fresh. Microwave in a bowl for about 4 minutes. I also don't squeeze out the water. I used to, and they might turn out less crumbly that way, but I don't mind having to eat them with a fork.

Then I throw it in my Ninja blender. Then mix in other ingredients, spread on cookie sheet in 2 small rectangle/rounds. I bake them at 450 for 10 minutes though. I use them for pizza crusts and after 10 minutes I flip them and add my toppings and bake for another 10 minutes.
AusTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #12  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTex View Post
I think they are a lot of work and I don't even go to as much trouble as the recipe posted above. But, they are worth it!

I start with a bag of frozen cauliflower, much easier and less mess than grating the fresh. Microwave in a bowl for about 4 minutes. I also don't squeeze out the water. I used to, and they might turn out less crumbly that way, but I don't mind having to eat them with a fork.

Then I throw it in my Ninja blender. Then mix in other ingredients, spread on cookie sheet in 2 small rectangle/rounds. I bake them at 450 for 10 minutes though. I use them for pizza crusts and after 10 minutes I flip them and add my toppings and bake for another 10 minutes.

Thx for the tip!! I buy "steam in the bag" cauliflower .....so hoping I can save another step by steaming it in the bag, then throwing it into my Ninja!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Please do let us know! We are of the same mind when it comes to making food...lol....so I want to know how easy it was for you. Some of the "Betty Crockers" on here intimidate me.
I'll let you know! and I think i'll take the others advice and use frozen cauliflower!! Even better!! I attempted to make a cupcake out of the choc pudding when I first started IP, total flop!! After that I decided to just eat an IP brownie if I wanted a choc treat! Much easier! lol I haven't been adventurous at all.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #14  

Quote:
I'll let you know! and I think i'll take the others advice and use frozen cauliflower!! Even better!! I attempted to make a cupcake out of the choc pudding when I first started IP, total flop!! After that I decided to just eat an IP brownie if I wanted a choc treat! Much easier! lol I haven't been adventurous at all.
My cupcakes and muffins flopped several times before I got them right. So did my pancakes. Eventually, we get the hang of it.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #15  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

This is by far the easiest way I have ever riced cauliflower. So glad I found this video. I hope the link goes through for everyone. You have to try this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW6UA90bnIo

I found after many, many batches of cauliflower tortilla that if I bake my tortilla at a higher temp 400 and bake them 12 minutes before flipping, then another 10 t0 12 minutes, they hold up better. I bake them on parchment paper spratyed with a little Pam. Also, I used to wring out all the moisture but find that leaving the cauliflower a little wet also helps to make a tortilla that doesn't come apart as easily.

These are so great!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote