Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Yes! Told my coach that my dinners feel like too much food, and it takes me a long time to get through them. But I guess all that protein does keep you fuller for longer, and that is keeping me from late night munchies. I am also experimenting with having my Snack as a "dessert" a couple of hours after dinner, instead of in the afternoon. Gives me something to look forward to, especially since I just discovered the yummy cappuccino drink mix that, once really chilled, tastes exactly like coffee ice cream to me!
Old 11-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #47  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

I had WI today. Down 2.2 lbs so I am happy. May move my goal down a bit. Right now goal is 160; considering going to 155. I've been following the main tears thread and what they are eating...so I can be inspired and well prepared....Then, tonight, I had a lapse and ate Kettle corn! What made me do that? I have been so compliant. And not just a little kettle corn.....nearly the whole bag! Now I have a headache. I'll drink lots of water and move on. Ugh...
Old 11-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #48  
Fat melting NINJA:)

S/C/G: 141/130/115

Height: 5.2

Good job on the loss Zoe!! and yes ONWARDS!! you live.. u learn..u conquer

Just back from the gym!! Feeling good. 1st day back in the gym after 4 weeks!! "Are you listening ABS!! Come to me"
Happy OP day to you gang!!
Old 11-13-2014, 11:33 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Johnsdeere on meeting your goal!
OhZoe- I'm not sure if you've invested in a copy of The Beck Diet Solution but now may be the time if you haven't... it's very helpful in identifying the thought processes that lead us to give into cravings. This is something we all have experience with... giving in to cravings... hence how we ended up in the IP boat. Good for you for not beating yourself up over it and knowing that tomorrow is a new day... but definitely look closely at the 'why' of indulging. It will be so helpful, especially as you are so close to maintenance!
aria- can't believe you don't have a ticker yet! It must be mere days away. I'm excited for you to get it
pishposh- could be the dairy... or the gluten. It is unfortunate that both are introduced at once in Phase 3 as it would be an optimal time to pinpoint the problem after having been without both for a considerable period of time in Phase 1. But Phase 4 will give you the leeway to figure it out. Happy for you and sallythat the scale is responding favorably in Phase 3.
I am on Day 2 of Phase 2. Had a whopping 3.8 drop at my WI yesterday. Almost couldn't believe my eyes. It was a nice finish to Phase 1. And so far so good with all the extra protein. But I have been sticking to eggs & fish. Today was a tough day trying to get everything in. I had a meeting for my daughter's gymnastics club in the morning and in my rush to get out the door got caught empty handed with no IP products. Work was so darn busy there was no time to get away and grab lunch. This left me eating my first thing of the day at 5:30. Whoops! Good ol' ketosis, wasn't even hungry. But had a couple hardboiled eggs that I grabbed from the convenience store on the way home and ate fish with 4 cups of sauteed spinach for supper at 6:30. Then my bar at 8. And just finished a pack of chips at 9:30. Far from ideal but I got everything in.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 223.5/205.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Johnsdeere!!! Ur an inspiration!!
Old 11-13-2014, 11:43 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Good morning all. Day 3 of P3. Enjoying the breakfasts but I think I've discovered something of a dairy intolerance. I keep getting really sharp pains in my stomach and really painful cramps after eating. Also (TMI) dealing with the opposite of the big C (sorry). Not sure if dairy is the culprit or if it's just my body being wacky in response to all the new foods. I'll give it the rest of the week and see if things calm down. Scale is holding steady, even moving down a bit.
I'd really suspect grains first. Especially any GMO grains (corn & soy are big ones) or anything with gluten. Cut out those first and see if the stomach pain goes away. If not, then cut the dairy, too.

Or better yet, cut out all of it until you feel well again, add back in dairy and if you're still fine, then it was the grains.

I'm listening to some podcasts about all of this right now and your symptoms fall right in line with what I'm learning. If you're interested, check out Sean Croxton's Underground Wellness podcast & listen to any/all of the info on digestion/ gut health.

Anytime I add grains back, my stomach gives me fits.
I think I'm pretty much stuck with paleo recipes for some of my "favorite" carbier foods. There are substitutes for just about anything - but not in restaurants or when at parties. I'm learning to just eat salads or meat/veggies when I'm out & I usually bring snacks to parties.

I don't think IP caused this but I do think I'm recognizing the sensitivities more now, because I feel so good eating clean.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-13-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #52  
Fat melting NINJA:)

S/C/G: 141/130/115

Height: 5.2

hehe Thanks RefreshingMe!! Can't wait to do my "Happy Ticker dance"
Old 11-14-2014, 12:02 AM   #53  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosey61158 View Post
20 oz of water down. Only 40 more to go. (self imposed goal) I think I need to start drinking earlier in the day. Maybe put a bottle of water by my bed and start drinking first thing. Can't wait to get started on Day 1. When I first decided to do this I thought to myself, "Piece o'cake. I can do this, no problem." The closer I get to Day 1 the stronger the doubts become. Whatever was I thinking?
I struggled with water at the beginning. Mainly with remembering to drink it at all, much less enough. Fixed it by drinking 2 glasses with each meal. 4 meals, 8 glasses. Use the first one to take your pills and the second to fill you up after eating. Works like a charm for me. Hubby prefers to use a 16oz glass and have 1 per meal (if that would be easier for you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
I had WI today. Down 2.2 lbs so I am happy. May move my goal down a bit. Right now goal is 160; considering going to 155. I've been following the main tears thread and what they are eating...so I can be inspired and well prepared....Then, tonight, I had a lapse and ate Kettle corn! What made me do that? I have been so compliant. And not just a little kettle corn.....nearly the whole bag! Now I have a headache. I'll drink lots of water and move on. Ugh...
Congrats on the loss. Whatever it was, it's just a blip - you recognise it as a mistake and can tuck it into the experience folder and go back to "normal".
Closed Thread