Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

darthkitten- P2 does suck. It's a lot more work with little to no reward (at least this was my experience with it). It was the only time I ever stalled out in ANY phase, my first week of P2. I missed my packet and was overfull from the protein. I tweaked it in my second week with using tuna and eggs for my protein. They are so much lighter and convenient than any other proteins. Know that each phase has it's peculiarities and just as you have gotten into the groove of phase 1 so can you get in the groove of phase 4. To get there you just have to grit your teeth and bear down through the month of phase 2 & 3. You may very well lose in this month of phasing off. For me, I stalled in the first week and dropped in each consecutive we k. They are not comfortable weeks. Phase 3 is just that much more difficult because of the ginormous breakfast that leaves you uncomfortably full and then you're starving for the rest of the day because you stretched out your stomach so far in the morning. Fun? No. But the reward lays in phase 4. This is where you can tweak a bit so that portion sizes are appropriate to your hunger levels. You no longer need so much protein (thank goodness!) and it becomes much more manageable. Not sure if use MFP or FatSecret by they're both great for tracking. Start looking through maintenance recipe threads choosing what appeals to you and planning a couple weeks worth of menu's. Then when you get there it won't seen so overwhelming. You can do this, just be patient with yourself and the process. Just as you have been in phase 1.
danibee - I am so happy for you that you decided against the P4 weekend. It can be nice to have a break but it can be disheartening to gain weight (which is almost guaranteed if ketosis is broken). Sometimes the lure of a break outweighs the thought of having to face the scale afterward, but when it does come time to face it we are too often full of regrets for having taken the break. This perpetuates the negative self talk and easily damages our (fragile) dieter confidence. 25 pounds in a month is spectacular! A few months like that and it will be Phase 4 EVERYDAY!! Good for you for sticking with it!
Old 10-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #32  

S/C/G: SW 232.2/230.6/137

Height: 5'4"

I hope everyone is having a great Thursday! I weighed in this morning at 202.6, so 2.7 lbs away from ONEDERLAND! I weigh daily but record officially on Tuesdays. That puts me at a loss of 13.4 lbs in 23 days, or an average of 4.06 lbs per week so far. I'm thrilled. I've never had a plan work so well for me before. I even lost during PMS/TOM (right now) which never happens!

I've had to change up the order in which I eat. Maybe this will help some that are hungry all day? I found it really kept the hunger at bay yesterday. Keep in mind I'm doing alternative products but I don't think the method really matters if you want to split it up this way.

B: Coffee with RTD EAS Vanilla shake as creamer (full shake, so I drink less coffee )
L: 3-4 oz protein, salad w/ WF dressing, 2 c veggies, EAS RTD Chocolate shake
S: Pure Protein or Quest bar, or if it's cold and I want hot cocoa or coffee a heated up EAS RTD shake
D: 3-4 oz protein, 2 c veggies, salad

This plan kept me satisfied most of the day and I did not end up hangry by dinner, which has been a problem. I've found eating 6-8 oz protein at dinner tends to sit in my stomach all night and I don't lose as much as I do when I split it up or even eat most or all of it for lunch. Light dinners work better for me.

Have a great day!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Celestial Seasonings - Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Holiday Herb Tea -
I got it at Target, it was amazing!! I honestly felt like I was drinking a sugar cookie!! I bought pumpkin spice too!! I wasn't a big tea drinker before IP, but I enjoy my evening tea now!
Say WHAT, they're already coming out with their Holiday Blends!!!! That's it I have to make a Target run after work!!
Old 10-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

danibee27 - I'm so sorry for your loss. I have seen stress slow down weight loss as well & cause you to be a little bit more hungry. Hang in there. have the extra packets and be patient with yourself. Really try to wrap your head around what you've accomplished so far... Be proud! You are taking care of yourself and your body and it will take care of you.

P

Last edited by Pamelama; 10-30-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Random news article today on CBC...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/crash-t...818658?cmp=rss

Title:
"Crash test dummies getting fatter to match American drivers

Studies show increased risk of death for obese drivers, new dummies made to match them"
"...up to 56% more likely to die in a crash." One more excellent reason to lose weight.

Liana
Old 10-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #36  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

I've noticed when I dont get enough sleep I am very hungry the next day. Also, upping my water intake helps too. Yeah, the recommended amount with get you by, but when I drink about 100 oz of water a day, it helps control the hungry days. I have occasionally resorted to 2 restricted items in one day on occasion when the hunger is overtaking me.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:07 PM   #37  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi all - Weigh in today after missing last week. Down 6.8 and into ONEDERLAND!!! I remember reading all the posts about getting to ONEDERLAND and it seemed so far away...6 months later and ~92 lbs gone, here I am. Watch out 180's...I'm coming for you!

Last edited by Rayze; 10-30-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:34 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Scorbett: I saw you're having beef stew with rutabaga tonight...was it made in the crock-pot? If so what cut of beef did you buy?

I have only ever made a chicken in the crock-pot but I really want to branch out.

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #39  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Darthkitten....Hang in there! I missed my extra packet on P2 and also and could barely stomach the meat (ended up eating A LOT of eggs and ultimately cut my protein to closer to 6oz once on P3). Personally, I LOVED P3...turned me into a breakfast gal!!!

So here's the truth, P1 is npt a long term solution, espcially since you are so near goal. The longer you stay calorie restricted, the more you are going to slow your metabolism. P2 is meant to wean us off packs AND increase our calories. It is a means to an end. P3 was payoff for me. P4 scared me as I also felt very unprepared as to how to eat FOREVER. It's trial and error but getting easier.

One thing you can remind yourself is that gaining a little weight as you figure out your body does NOT mean you will automatically gain all your weight back or that you have failed.

My goal is to create the healthiest metabolism I can for myself...that means pushing myself to my highest caloric limits. The more I restrict, the more I set myself back!
Old 10-30-2014, 09:04 PM   #40  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Hi all - Weigh in today after missing last week. Down 6.8 and into ONEDERLAND!!! I remember reading all the posts about getting to ONEDERLAND and it seemed so far away...6 months later and ~92 lbs gone, here I am. Watch out 180's...I'm coming for you!
WootWoot! Rayze..Wow that's so awesome, good for you. I can't wait to be sitting where you are now. You've done tremendously. You must be so proud.

Andi

Old 10-30-2014, 09:05 PM   #41  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sweet Lisa! Thank you so much - I totally understand and figured you were super busy, no sorry's - I knew you would get back to me when you were able.. I just needed a dose of reality from you. And that, I received, THANK YOU! I'm going to kick my scale to the curb.. Was hoping for the initial WHOOSH that I experienced my first time on IP so when I wasn't seeing that, I was starting to stress.. I need to review my ticker - at my lowest back in November/Dec 2013 I was 153 and now I am 167.7 - Eep!

Hope you are able to enjoy some downtime. Thanks for being there!
-karen
Old 10-30-2014, 09:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Say WHAT, they're already coming out with their Holiday Blends!!!! That's it I have to make a Target run after work!!
Drinking my "sugar cookie" now! A little slice of heaven!!!
Old 10-30-2014, 09:47 PM   #43  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Excellent, Rayze!!!

And, after my weigh in today, I can tell you, 'Welcome to ONEDERLAND !' because I made it there too!!!! ...I just barely made it - official weigh in was 199.6 ... but I will take it!!! And you are so right -- next destination is the 180's!!!

YAY!!!
Old 10-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #44  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome all you Onderlands! I hope to join y'all soon! I was sitting in my weekly bible study today and had my salad with my BBQ IP chips as my crunchy. After the study, the person next to me said "I didn't know you were on IP"! Apparently she has been on it since May! What an awesome surprise
Old 10-30-2014, 10:24 PM   #45  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

CONGRATS!!! I will also be joining y'all soon. 8 lbs to go here. I have 42 till my goal.
I am so happy for everyone and all your successes!
Closed Thread