Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey all.
Starting IP again. Any word from the wise as to how to not go off course? I almost blew it tonight but pulled out of it.
I check in with my coach this weekend. Need to restock the supplies - this will help me stay on track.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:31 PM   #47  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Let us talk about those veggie burps....lmao!

So today I was in the middle of a conversation, when this burp crept up on me out of no where!! I swear it smelt just like a baby diaper.....so embarrassing! I felt bad cause I know they stink and are gross, but its what happens when I eat veggies.

Anybody else have this happen to them??
Shelby you poor thing..lol. Sorry for the laugh but it is kinda funny. I'm glad I cannot relate to this though.

Andi

Old 10-28-2014, 10:28 PM   #48  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Hey all.
Starting IP again. Any word from the wise as to how to not go off course? I almost blew it tonight but pulled out of it.
I check in with my coach this weekend. Need to restock the supplies - this will help me stay on track.
Identify your trigger. Are you craving something sweet? Fix it by having a restricted at that particular hour when you feel "vulnerable" to temptation. Switch your meal times around until you find a version that works for YOU. Nobody said you have to have four meals at a prescribed hour of the day. If you want your dinner at breakfast time and that suits your eating habits, go for it!

Does it happen at the same time every day? Build a new routine around that timeline - something that won't allow you to be near food that tempts you.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #49  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Carmie48 - I too am in reboot mode. I started yet again, last Saturday. I have about 30lbs to lose. Hmm... A word to the wise as how not to go off course..?? That's a toughy. I think it's important to re-commit once you are completely ready and honest with yourself. It's at that point that your will-power kicks in and you find the strength to persevere.

Let's keep checking in with one another, if you'd like. It's especially important to arm yourself with IP foods that you like, the oatmeal is really good and it is unrestricted. And then, it's important to find a restricted that you really like too. Not sure what it's like where you are but where I live, they no longer sell individual pkts due to laws that don't allow products to be sold without dietary info on the back. IP is hoping to get the nutrition content printed on the backs of their packets by the end of 2016. That's a long way off.. So anyway, it's important to find a restricted that you like and stick to it.. Brownie? Cookie dough bar? etc. etc..

Best of luck to you and know we're here for ya.

-karen

Hi Briael - great advice, very creative too. That's an important one to remember, that we can mix things up throughout the day. I get so used to a regimen so it's nice to read something like this and remember that it's okay to mix things up! Talk soon!
Old 10-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Let us talk about those veggie burps....lmao!

So today I was in the middle of a conversation, when this burp crept up on me out of no where!! I swear it smelt just like a baby diaper.....so embarrassing! I felt bad cause I know they stink and are gross, but its what happens when I eat veggies.

Anybody else have this happen to them??
Nooo, luckily I have not had that problem...There are times that I do feel gassy, and I burp several times, but I can control them, they don't "escape" like yours did and they don't stink And who were you talking with when this embarrassing incident happened?
Old 10-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #51  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Amber...I gear you saying that fitness trumps quick loss in your book. So really, P1 is not the correct plan for you. Why not start phasing out and see how your body responds? Tolerating fear of regain is something we all must conquer in maintenance. Personally, I began losing more quickly once I started phasing out. I have lost on P4 and am now tweaking to find right mix of calories/micronutrients ratios and exercise. I still go up and down 4 lbs based on free days, TOM, sickness, etc. Seeing the constant up and downs gets easier because I see the patterns and know how to correct it should I get out of my "safe zone" range.
I do feel the fitness is important! Quick weight loss was great to get me motivated and put me back into a mode to exercise. I used to be a fit active person but when I got heavy I obviously pulled back. I'm not worried about the daily 4-5lbs but I promised myself that anything over 10 and I'd get back to the diet, but ten happens so quickly. I have tried some experimenting I'm going to have to get back on for a couple weeks and then try phasing off from P2... gonna have to happen I suppose.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:39 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel13 View Post
Nooo, luckily I have not had that problem...There are times that I do feel gassy, and I burp several times, but I can control them, they don't "escape" like yours did and they don't stink And who were you talking with when this embarrassing incident happened?
Thank goodness it was my dad!!! That was the first one that escaped me like that... Usually I can feel it coming on. Broccoli seems to do it the most
Closed Thread