Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Monday 10/20/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-20-2014, 07:45 AM   #2  
IP Started 9/29/2014

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5.5

I have weigh-in today . . . then it's normal crap around the house . . . our fridge was leaking, so we had to put a dehumidifier under the house to dry it out. I get to load that bad boy back in the truck and return to Home Depot -- we rented it. Then I need to figure out if I want to repair the water valve in the current fridge or move it to the garage and get me a new one (I really want a new one).

Right now, enjoying an IP Chocolate Drink while my girls get ready for school.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning,

I hope everyone had a happy and successful weekend I had WI and I am down another 3lbs!!! Feels great, that's 12.5lbs in three weeks My MIL commented on it last night at supper, she could see it in my face, wahoo!!
Old 10-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Good Morning,

I hope everyone had a happy and successful weekend I had WI and I am down another 3lbs!!! Feels great, that's 12.5lbs in three weeks My MIL commented on it last night at supper, she could see it in my face, wahoo!!
That's great!! Congrats!!
Old 10-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
I have weigh-in today . . . then it's normal crap around the house . . . our fridge was leaking, so we had to put a dehumidifier under the house to dry it out. I get to load that bad boy back in the truck and return to Home Depot -- we rented it. Then I need to figure out if I want to repair the water valve in the current fridge or move it to the garage and get me a new one (I really want a new one).

Right now, enjoying an IP Chocolate Drink while my girls get ready for school.
Get a new one for sure!!!
Old 10-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #6  

Default Snack Protein

looking for a ALT IP snack besides a protein shake...any suggestions?? THanks
Old 10-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #7  

I'd just like to thank all those who post suggestions, recipes and answer the many questions we all throw out there!! I started phase 3 on saturday and ended up finding myself spending the whole weekend going through threads and past posts to get answers to many questions that popped into my head. I got many great recipe ideas and luckily decided to try myfitnesspal. That helped soooo much in figuring out breakfast menus!!! I now feel confident I am doing this phase correctly and have a wonderful tool to help in maintenance!!!
Old 10-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygail2006 View Post
looking for a ALT IP snack besides a protein shake...any suggestions?? THanks
I like Quest bars, which you can find at GNC, and also recently ordered some puddings from Nashua Nutrition. Check out the Alternatives thread - there are tons of great ideas there.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

I had a great weekend! Had to travel 3 hours in the car Saturday to visit a college for my daughter. Drank my IP choc shake before I left at 5am then when we arrived they provided breakfast, nothing for me so I ate a bar. Lunch was provided and it was chicken fajitas so I ate the chicken, piled my plate with lettuce, jalapenos and salsa and that was fine, filled me up. On the way home drove thru Whataburger for my daughter & her friend, I ate another bar then had my meal when I arrived home. So glad I stayed on plan even with all that tempting food. Feels good to see the number on the scale continue to go down. WI tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #10  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!!

TOM was two weeks late and decided to show up yesterday! Hopefully that means I have a decent drop at my WI on Friday!!

This is the first time TOM was late or early or otherwise for me since starting this diet back in June. I guess the fat that I've been burning has been seriously hormone laced.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good going sweetharmony! MFP helps a lot with working out P3 stuff. And now you can add the dancing banana to the dancing veggies on your post, teehee!

At least, at breakfast.
Yaaay for NSV's, staying on plan, and positive weigh ins, compadres! I am off to a wedding shower today for lunch and bringing fat-meal components (P4 maintenance ) like cheese and meats. I will try not to eat all the crackers & chips with hummous, or sweet stuff. Just veg & meat and cheese (and maybe creamy dips because they fit the needed macros ).

Liana
Old 10-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Good Morning everyone!!

Just had my WI and I can now officially say I have lost 30lbs! 30.2 to be exact! I lost .4 this week, but any loss is fine with me! I am doing P1 for one more week then moving on to P2. I am happy where I am...would love to get to 130 but I hope to still loss a couple of lbs in P2 maybe. I also was measured - my center measures once a month - and I have lost a total of 32 inches.

Sounds like many of you are off to a great Monday!!!

Last edited by SallyE; 10-20-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #13  
IP Started 9/29/2014

I just had my WI . . . down 3 lbs, for a total of 13 lbs. While I was hoping for at least 5, I'll take the 3.

Today I will be having my last restricted IP Packet . . . so hopefully, that will make a change. I'm also making an appointment to have my thyroid checked. After meeting with my radiologist on Friday and realizing that they did zap it during my treatment and that doing so *could* cause it to not function properly . . .I just think it would be wise to have it checked for my piece of mind.

@DeterminedDieter . . .looks like we are on the same schedule

Y'all have a great day!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #14  
IP Started 9/29/2014

So I have a question . . . I see several saying their "center". Do those of you going to a "center" is it set up like a Jenny Craig type location?

Mine is through a Chiropractor's office . . . and while I'm happy there, I'm just wondering if it's just a way for him to make a little $$ outside of his practice. It sounds like those going to a "center" have more coaching and one-on-one.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #15  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post
Good Morning everyone!!

Just had my WI and I can now officially say I have lost 30lbs! 30.2 to be exact! I lost .4 this week, but any loss is fine with me! I am doing P1 for one more week then moving on to P2. I am happy where I am...would love to get to 130 but I hope to still loss a couple of lbs in P2 maybe. I also was measured - my center measures once a month - and I have lost a total of 32 inches.

Sounds like many of you are off to a great Monday!!!
Way to go, Sally!!!!!
Closed Thread