Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #16  
Senior Member
 
DeterminedDieter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: The Big Land (aka Labrador)
Posts: 451

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetharmony View Post
I'd just like to thank all those who post suggestions, recipes and answer the many questions we all throw out there!! I started phase 3 on saturday and ended up finding myself spending the whole weekend going through threads and past posts to get answers to many questions that popped into my head. I got many great recipe ideas and luckily decided to try myfitnesspal. That helped soooo much in figuring out breakfast menus!!! I now feel confident I am doing this phase correctly and have a wonderful tool to help in maintenance!!!
I'm in the early stages of phase 1 and researching for Phase 3 and 4 already so I will be prepared. This is a GREAT site! I'm using MFP now to so that I will be in the habit of entering every meal come the final phases.

Best of luck with your final phases
DeterminedDieter is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #17  
Senior Member
 
DeterminedDieter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: The Big Land (aka Labrador)
Posts: 451

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Default

So many great results and achievements! Congrats for everyone, and yes Pinky, it does seem that way
DeterminedDieter is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 171

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
So I have a question . . . I see several saying their "center". Do those of you going to a "center" is it set up like a Jenny Craig type location?

Mine is through a Chiropractor's office . . . and while I'm happy there, I'm just wondering if it's just a way for him to make a little $$ outside of his practice. It sounds like those going to a "center" have more coaching and one-on-one.
I think it is just the term people choose to use - clinic, center, etc. There is a broad spectrum of what people get from their coaches that doesn't seem to be related to what type of practice that coach is located in.

Also, why are you cutting out restricted packets? You are only a few weeks in and still loosing very well. The program is designed to include a restricted every day. You need those extra calories. IP is already very low and cutting more out could actually slow your progress rather than speeding it up. It is normal to have smaller losses around weeks 3-4. Your body is adjusting the the big initial losses.
Wahoofan is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #19  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: East Coast US
Posts: 66

S/C/G: 175/168.2/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default Nashua codes + Quest bar codes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Good Morning,

I hope everyone had a happy and successful weekend I had WI and I am down another 3lbs!!! Feels great, that's 12.5lbs in three weeks My MIL commented on it last night at supper, she could see it in my face, wahoo!!
Congrats!! What reinforcement! Keep up the good work!

Does anyone know of current discount codes for Nashua Nutrition and Quest?

Thanks!
Blueskies2 is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #20  
IP Started 9/29/2014
 
Pinky2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 63

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
I think it is just the term people choose to use - clinic, center, etc. There is a broad spectrum of what people get from their coaches that doesn't seem to be related to what type of practice that coach is located in.

Also, why are you cutting out restricted packets? You are only a few weeks in and still loosing very well. The program is designed to include a restricted every day. You need those extra calories. IP is already very low and cutting more out could actually slow your progress rather than speeding it up. It is normal to have smaller losses around weeks 3-4. Your body is adjusting the the big initial losses.
I was just thinking that the one I like - Chocolate Brownie - is high in carbs . . .I hadn't considered that cutting those out might actually slow me down more. I typically have at least one a day, but not every day. Maybe I'll go back and purchase me a box. $$$ Week for me!
Pinky2012 is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #21  
Senior Member
 
CenTXChk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Central TX
Posts: 378

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Default

I experienced a first....I GAINED .8lbs this week. I was 100% OP although I did have some canned tomoatoes in a venison chili and 4-8 green beans in my cauliflower fried rice. Just finishing up TOM so I'm hoping to get a woosh next week.

Just kind of stunned.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!!
CenTXChk is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #22  
Senior Member
 
catlady1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 793

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Default

Congrats to all who had losses and NSV's this weekend!

My goofy body is doing a weird thing. Last week I got below my first goal of 150 by weighing in at 149.9 on Sat. On Sunday, I dropped to 148.3, then on Monday back up to 151.2! Dropped by small increments all week. Same thing happened this weekend. Saturday WI was 147.3 then Sunday 149.3 and today 148.6. I am looking very closely at my menus to see what it is that I am doing that could be causing this.

I am more physically active on the weekends, more walking around but not cardio type active. I get in all my water, salt, oil, etc. and am 100% OP.

Just another example of non-linear weight loss. Being so close to my next goal I am naturally impatient. I need to get over that. One of the great things this diet has taught me is patience with my body. I can't make it do what I want, when I want. Staying on course works.
catlady1981 is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 130

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
I experienced a first....I GAINED .8lbs this week. I was 100% OP although I did have some canned tomoatoes in a venison chili and 4-8 green beans in my cauliflower fried rice. Just finishing up TOM so I'm hoping to get a woosh next week.

Just kind of stunned.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!!
This has happened to me! Just wait, I bet you will have whoosh in day or a couple of days!!! It was disappointing at the time but just a little bump in the road when I look back on it now!
SallyE is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 171

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
I was just thinking that the one I like - Chocolate Brownie - is high in carbs . . .I hadn't considered that cutting those out might actually slow me down more. I typically have at least one a day, but not every day. Maybe I'll go back and purchase me a box. $$$ Week for me!
If I remember correctly, the brownie is the highest in carbs and calories of the restricted and I believe is only supposed to be eaten a few times a week, not every day. There are so many restricted choices, I'm sure you would be able to find another one to rotate with the brownie.

Last edited by Wahoofan; 10-20-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Wahoofan is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #25  
started 2/22/11
 
disgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MA, USA (but in my mind....DISNEY WORLD)!!
Posts: 493

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
If I remember correctly, the brownie is the highest in carbs and calories of the restricted and I believe is only supposed to be eaten a few times a week, not every day. There are so many restricted choices, I'm sure you would be able to find another one to rotate with the brownie.

I'm confused.....are we talking about QUEST BARS?

I'm looking at my box of Quest Chocolate Brownie bars.

Calories: 170
Carbs: 24
Fiber: 19

Calories from fat are 50.....so that's ok.
24 carbs minus 19 grams of fiber equals 5 net carbs.

Is this not considered Unrestricted????
disgal is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #26  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 130

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
I'm confused.....are we talking about QUEST BARS?

I'm looking at my box of Quest Chocolate Brownie bars.

Calories: 170
Carbs: 24
Fiber: 19

Calories from fat are 50.....so that's ok.
24 carbs minus 19 grams of fiber equals 5 net carbs.

Is this not considered Unrestricted????
I think they are referring to the IP Double Chocolate Brownie...
SallyE is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #27  
Started IP 6/12/14
 
kissi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 466

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
I'm confused.....are we talking about QUEST BARS?

I'm looking at my box of Quest Chocolate Brownie bars.

Calories: 170
Carbs: 24
Fiber: 19

Calories from fat are 50.....so that's ok.
24 carbs minus 19 grams of fiber equals 5 net carbs.

Is this not considered Unrestricted????
I think most unrestricted items are less in calories than 170.
kissi is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #28  
Senior Member
 
Kellyc14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 783

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
I'm confused.....are we talking about QUEST BARS?

I'm looking at my box of Quest Chocolate Brownie bars.

Calories: 170
Carbs: 24
Fiber: 19

Calories from fat are 50.....so that's ok.
24 carbs minus 19 grams of fiber equals 5 net carbs.

Is this not considered Unrestricted????
If she's talking about the IP double chocolate brownie it has:

Calories: 190
Carbs: 25
Fiber: 10

It's restricted but not super restricted so it's my understanding that you could eat it every day if you wanted to...
Kellyc14 is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #29  
IP Started 9/29/2014
 
Pinky2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 63

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
If she's talking about the IP double chocolate brownie it has:

Calories: 190
Carbs: 25
Fiber: 10

It's restricted but not super restricted so it's my understanding that you could eat it every day if you wanted to...
Yes, talking about the IP Double Chocolate Brownie. My coach never said I shouldn't eat it every day. . . .the first week I had one everyday and lost 6 lbs

Right now, I feel like I'm still in a very early stage of learning and figuring out what works for my body and what doesn't. However, I don't want the same lunch/snack every single day . . . I like a little variety in my meals. But I do ever so much love those brownies! It's like a sinful treat that I shouldn't be having - a safe way to "cheat" without actually cheating!

I didn't realize there is a "super restricted" set of food! Where can I find this list . . . those I would most definitely steer clear of.??

Last edited by Pinky2012; 10-20-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Pinky2012 is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #30  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 171

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
If she's talking about the IP double chocolate brownie it has:

Calories: 190
Carbs: 25
Fiber: 10

It's restricted but not super restricted so it's my understanding that you could eat it every day if you wanted to...
When the double brownie first came out there was a lot of discussion about it being higher in carbs and calories than the other IP bars. Perhaps the limit to a few times a week was just an in-house rule at some of the clinics. Sorry if I remembered incorrectly.

Still, if you are trying to help your progress, try a lower calorie restricted option before giving them up all together. If you go too low, you body may move to starvation mode and hold on to every calorie possible. The program is designed to include a restricted every day to provide calories needed and they satisfy a need that can really help people stick to the plan, especially in the beginning.
Wahoofan is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.