Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetharmony View Post
I'd just like to thank all those who post suggestions, recipes and answer the many questions we all throw out there!! I started phase 3 on saturday and ended up finding myself spending the whole weekend going through threads and past posts to get answers to many questions that popped into my head. I got many great recipe ideas and luckily decided to try myfitnesspal. That helped soooo much in figuring out breakfast menus!!! I now feel confident I am doing this phase correctly and have a wonderful tool to help in maintenance!!!
I'm in the early stages of phase 1 and researching for Phase 3 and 4 already so I will be prepared. This is a GREAT site! I'm using MFP now to so that I will be in the habit of entering every meal come the final phases.

Best of luck with your final phases
Old 10-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

So many great results and achievements! Congrats for everyone, and yes Pinky, it does seem that way
Old 10-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
So I have a question . . . I see several saying their "center". Do those of you going to a "center" is it set up like a Jenny Craig type location?

Mine is through a Chiropractor's office . . . and while I'm happy there, I'm just wondering if it's just a way for him to make a little $$ outside of his practice. It sounds like those going to a "center" have more coaching and one-on-one.
I think it is just the term people choose to use - clinic, center, etc. There is a broad spectrum of what people get from their coaches that doesn't seem to be related to what type of practice that coach is located in.

Also, why are you cutting out restricted packets? You are only a few weeks in and still loosing very well. The program is designed to include a restricted every day. You need those extra calories. IP is already very low and cutting more out could actually slow your progress rather than speeding it up. It is normal to have smaller losses around weeks 3-4. Your body is adjusting the the big initial losses.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 175/168.2/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default Nashua codes + Quest bar codes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Good Morning,

I hope everyone had a happy and successful weekend I had WI and I am down another 3lbs!!! Feels great, that's 12.5lbs in three weeks My MIL commented on it last night at supper, she could see it in my face, wahoo!!
Congrats!! What reinforcement! Keep up the good work!

Does anyone know of current discount codes for Nashua Nutrition and Quest?

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #20  
IP Started 9/29/2014

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
I think it is just the term people choose to use - clinic, center, etc. There is a broad spectrum of what people get from their coaches that doesn't seem to be related to what type of practice that coach is located in.

Also, why are you cutting out restricted packets? You are only a few weeks in and still loosing very well. The program is designed to include a restricted every day. You need those extra calories. IP is already very low and cutting more out could actually slow your progress rather than speeding it up. It is normal to have smaller losses around weeks 3-4. Your body is adjusting the the big initial losses.
I was just thinking that the one I like - Chocolate Brownie - is high in carbs . . .I hadn't considered that cutting those out might actually slow me down more. I typically have at least one a day, but not every day. Maybe I'll go back and purchase me a box. $$$ Week for me!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

I experienced a first....I GAINED .8lbs this week. I was 100% OP although I did have some canned tomoatoes in a venison chili and 4-8 green beans in my cauliflower fried rice. Just finishing up TOM so I'm hoping to get a woosh next week.

Just kind of stunned.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Congrats to all who had losses and NSV's this weekend!

My goofy body is doing a weird thing. Last week I got below my first goal of 150 by weighing in at 149.9 on Sat. On Sunday, I dropped to 148.3, then on Monday back up to 151.2! Dropped by small increments all week. Same thing happened this weekend. Saturday WI was 147.3 then Sunday 149.3 and today 148.6. I am looking very closely at my menus to see what it is that I am doing that could be causing this.

I am more physically active on the weekends, more walking around but not cardio type active. I get in all my water, salt, oil, etc. and am 100% OP.

Just another example of non-linear weight loss. Being so close to my next goal I am naturally impatient. I need to get over that. One of the great things this diet has taught me is patience with my body. I can't make it do what I want, when I want. Staying on course works.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
I experienced a first....I GAINED .8lbs this week. I was 100% OP although I did have some canned tomoatoes in a venison chili and 4-8 green beans in my cauliflower fried rice. Just finishing up TOM so I'm hoping to get a woosh next week.

Just kind of stunned.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!!
This has happened to me! Just wait, I bet you will have whoosh in day or a couple of days!!! It was disappointing at the time but just a little bump in the road when I look back on it now!
Old 10-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
I was just thinking that the one I like - Chocolate Brownie - is high in carbs . . .I hadn't considered that cutting those out might actually slow me down more. I typically have at least one a day, but not every day. Maybe I'll go back and purchase me a box. $$$ Week for me!
If I remember correctly, the brownie is the highest in carbs and calories of the restricted and I believe is only supposed to be eaten a few times a week, not every day. There are so many restricted choices, I'm sure you would be able to find another one to rotate with the brownie.

Last edited by Wahoofan; 10-20-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #25  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
If I remember correctly, the brownie is the highest in carbs and calories of the restricted and I believe is only supposed to be eaten a few times a week, not every day. There are so many restricted choices, I'm sure you would be able to find another one to rotate with the brownie.

I'm confused.....are we talking about QUEST BARS?

I'm looking at my box of Quest Chocolate Brownie bars.

Calories: 170
Carbs: 24
Fiber: 19

Calories from fat are 50.....so that's ok.
24 carbs minus 19 grams of fiber equals 5 net carbs.

Is this not considered Unrestricted????
Old 10-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post

I think they are referring to the IP Double Chocolate Brownie...
Old 10-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #27  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:

I think most unrestricted items are less in calories than 170.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:

If she's talking about the IP double chocolate brownie it has:

Calories: 190
Carbs: 25
Fiber: 10

It's restricted but not super restricted so it's my understanding that you could eat it every day if you wanted to...
Old 10-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #29  
IP Started 9/29/2014

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post

It's restricted but not super restricted so it's my understanding that you could eat it every day if you wanted to...
Yes, talking about the IP Double Chocolate Brownie. My coach never said I shouldn't eat it every day. . . .the first week I had one everyday and lost 6 lbs

Right now, I feel like I'm still in a very early stage of learning and figuring out what works for my body and what doesn't. However, I don't want the same lunch/snack every single day . . . I like a little variety in my meals. But I do ever so much love those brownies! It's like a sinful treat that I shouldn't be having - a safe way to "cheat" without actually cheating!

I didn't realize there is a "super restricted" set of food! Where can I find this list . . . those I would most definitely steer clear of.??

Last edited by Pinky2012; 10-20-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post

When the double brownie first came out there was a lot of discussion about it being higher in carbs and calories than the other IP bars. Perhaps the limit to a few times a week was just an in-house rule at some of the clinics. Sorry if I remembered incorrectly.

Still, if you are trying to help your progress, try a lower calorie restricted option before giving them up all together. If you go too low, you body may move to starvation mode and hold on to every calorie possible. The program is designed to include a restricted every day to provide calories needed and they satisfy a need that can really help people stick to the plan, especially in the beginning.
Closed Thread