Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 06:28 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Wednesday 10/15/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-15-2014, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone!

Pish congrats! So happy for you!

Lots of great losses yesterday congrats to all of you!

My bag if IP foods are packed, lol. Got a great deal at GNC yesterday on quest bars....buy 2 get one free and I had a $10 off $20 coupon....12 bars and a box o smooth move tea only cost me $13! Yeah
I find the bars so portable and easy on trips especially when I know my eating will not be normal.

Have to say I am looking smashing in the dress I bought for the wedding...so thrilled to also actually fit comfortably in my spanx! Lol.

All the talk about setting goal weights yesterday had me thinking about mine. I set it @ a number that I feel I can comfortably maintain. I have never been super thin, so I think I will be comfortable there....we shall see it seems most re evaluate once they get closer...right now I am just happy to have less than 100 to lose lol.....
Old 10-15-2014, 07:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good morning everyone!

Pish congrats! So happy for you!

Lots of great losses yesterday congrats to all of you!

My bag if IP foods are packed, lol. Got a great deal at GNC yesterday on quest bars....buy 2 get one free and I had a $10 off $20 coupon....12 bars and a box o smooth move tea only cost me $13! Yeah
I find the bars so portable and easy on trips especially when I know my eating will not be normal.

Have to say I am looking smashing in the dress I bought for the wedding...so thrilled to also actually fit comfortably in my spanx! Lol.

All the talk about setting goal weights yesterday had me thinking about mine. I set it @ a number that I feel I can comfortably maintain. I have never been super thin, so I think I will be comfortable there....we shall see it seems most re evaluate once they get closer...right now I am just happy to have less than 100 to lose lol.....

What a deal! Sounds like you are ready for success during your trip, have fun
Old 10-15-2014, 07:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Have a great trip sgrealtor!! You are so well prepared, you are going to rock this trip. Have fun!!

Great 3.8lb loss for me yesterday. Half way to my 35 lb mini goal on the 90 day challenge. So excited to think I could be in Onderland by Thanksgiving. Gotta keep focusing on that milestone. It is so close!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 10-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all,

Sue,
I could hear the happiness in your post about fitting in your dress! Take a picture so you can look back on this joy and accomplishment and use it to reinforce your resolve should you need an extra boost in the future.

TXChck,
Congrats on being halfway to your mini goal!

Wishing all a great day!
Old 10-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #6  

Good Morning all,

I was perusing the "what will you do once the weight is gone" (or something like that) thread, and I put down my list as well. One item was about how much easier it will be to find boots if I don't have to search for wide calf ones.

And that made me remember a pair of super high, super sexy boots that I have had tucked away in my closet for a few years now. I live in a remote area so most of my shopping is done online, and I couldn't be bothered to return them once I found they wouldn't fit my calfs (depending on the make and style of the boot, I can sometimes squeeze into a regular size). So I said "one day" and away they went into the top shelf of my closet where they were forgotten!

So now I'm thinking about them again, and I am getting excited at the prospect of fitting into them, so just before bed last night I dig them out of the closet to admire them and I wonder just how far off I am from fitting into them. So I decide to try them on!! Now these are not a full side zipper pair of boots, they only have a partial zipper to help adjust the bottom of your pants, they are really just pull on boots that are over the knee. So I struggle a bit and I get the one on my left foot on, and I know my right side is bigger, but decide to try and see how high up I can get the right boot and like I knew it would be, it was too tight to get all the way up.

But oh well, I still had fun admiring them and knowing that the day will come when I can fit into them properly. It was time to take them off and so I started to yank. Oh-oh, they wouldn't budge! So by now I'm sitting on the edge of the bed and DH is already in bed so I scoot around on the bed and ask him to pull. So he yanks and he yanks, but they are not budging!! By now I am laughing too hard to be any help, so he climbs out of bed for better leverage and starts yanking again, and of course I'm just like a rag doll still laughing uncontrollably and no help whatsoever when finally he gets them off!!!

I think I'll wait until I reach my goal weight before I try them on again, or at least make sure DH is home
Old 10-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Have a great trip sgrealtor!! You are so well prepared, you are going to rock this trip. Have fun!!

Great 3.8lb loss for me yesterday. Half way to my 35 lb mini goal on the 90 day challenge. So excited to think I could be in Onderland by Thanksgiving. Gotta keep focusing on that milestone. It is so close!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Great job!
Old 10-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #8  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Happy Wednesday all!!

CenTXChk Great WI!!!!

Sgrealtor1 I hope you have an amazing trip!! I also hope your flight is lovely!!

I was scheduled to have TOM last week sometime and had all the symptoms for it but it didn't show (no way I'm pregnant). I figure it will pop up this week. I have been having some serious hungry days and need to start taking advantage of the free veggies because the past couple days have been extra hungry than usual. I'm going to have to really stick with my eating schedule and not eat earlier than I usually do.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

After a somewhat long absence, I am trying to make reading this site daily a habit again. It has been over a year and although I am happy to have done well, I still have further to go. I am making a second real push after having been off a while.

I did not go overboard and crazy, did not really regain a whole lot of weight (8 pounds) but I just have not dealt with stress well.

Our son, my first to get married next week, will be arriving in the NW this Friday - we have not seen him for over a year since he deployed. His plans have been changed so many times it is hard to keep up with where he will be living. Sadly, the first 7 or so months, it will not be with his new wife since the military does not or cannot provide married housing for where he will be and what he is doing. But they have known each other since they were 14 or 15, have been apart for 5 years so this is just another bump in the road.

So if I am really good this week, my dress for the wedding should zip up. I have not tried sitting down in it though....hummmmmm......
Old 10-15-2014, 10:23 AM   #10  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Good Morning all,

I was perusing the "what will you do once the weight is gone" (or something like that) thread, and I put down my list as well. One item was about how much easier it will be to find boots if I don't have to search for wide calf ones.

And that made me remember a pair of super high, super sexy boots that I have had tucked away in my closet for a few years now. I live in a remote area so most of my shopping is done online, and I couldn't be bothered to return them once I found they wouldn't fit my calfs (depending on the make and style of the boot, I can sometimes squeeze into a regular size). So I said "one day" and away they went into the top shelf of my closet where they were forgotten!

So now I'm thinking about them again, and I am getting excited at the prospect of fitting into them, so just before bed last night I dig them out of the closet to admire them and I wonder just how far off I am from fitting into them. So I decide to try them on!! Now these are not a full side zipper pair of boots, they only have a partial zipper to help adjust the bottom of your pants, they are really just pull on boots that are over the knee. So I struggle a bit and I get the one on my left foot on, and I know my right side is bigger, but decide to try and see how high up I can get the right boot and like I knew it would be, it was too tight to get all the way up.

But oh well, I still had fun admiring them and knowing that the day will come when I can fit into them properly. It was time to take them off and so I started to yank. Oh-oh, they wouldn't budge! So by now I'm sitting on the edge of the bed and DH is already in bed so I scoot around on the bed and ask him to pull. So he yanks and he yanks, but they are not budging!! By now I am laughing too hard to be any help, so he climbs out of bed for better leverage and starts yanking again, and of course I'm just like a rag doll still laughing uncontrollably and no help whatsoever when finally he gets them off!!!

I think I'll wait until I reach my goal weight before I try them on again, or at least make sure DH is home
OMG..thanx for the chuckle this morning. That is so funny.

Andi

Old 10-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Tried an IP recipe for Wildberry muffins (using crispy cereal & wildberry yogurt drink). Yum!!! Easy to make and I got my muffin fix. Love all the great recipes online, makes it so much easier to stay on plan.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #12  
Started IP 6/12/14

I've been hitting up the sale papers for approved proteins and I am striking out hard this week. I guess some of the cuts of meat I need may go on sale next week.

I know I am making a Costco trip and they have Lean Frozen Ground Beef in exactly 1 lb 'tubes' which are very convenient. I guess I'll pick some chicken up from there too since it isn't on sale anywhere else.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
I've been hitting up the sale papers for approved proteins and I am striking out hard this week. I guess some of the cuts of meat I need may go on sale next week.

I know I am making a Costco trip and they have Lean Frozen Ground Beef in exactly 1 lb 'tubes' which are very convenient. I guess I'll pick some chicken up from there too since it isn't on sale anywhere else.
Meat is SO freaken expensive!! Groceries are killing me!
Old 10-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #14  
Started IP 6/12/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Between the money I put into my IP foods and the extra money I'm spending on better cuts of meats and fresh produce. I have been on a tight budget for a couple months now. Thankfully, I found some alternative products to save a little on the IP foods. I should start eating more eggs, I can get the egg whites egg beaters and use those for my egg white portion so I'm not wasting any.

Usually that big bag of chicken from Costco lasts me for a while and the tubes of lean ground beef are simple and convenient. I wish I could find somewhere to buy zucchini, cauliflower and mushrooms in serious BULK.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I totally feel your pain. Budgeting is always a game of inches in my house, and meat is SO pricey!

Best thing I did years ago was invest in a deep freezer. I used to have a big one, but now I just have a small 8 cubic foot that fits right next to my fridge in my tiny apartment I think I paid about $160 at Lowe's for it. Sales cycles are usually 6 to 8 weeks long, and meat prices will usually drop at some point in that cycle. When they hit the lowest prices that I see, I buy several packages and freeze them.

Eggs and canned tuna have also been budget lifesavers, whenever the canned tuna is less than $1 I buy a bunch!

Sometimes I have to sacrifice a little in terms of not being able to afford the LOWEST fat cuts of beef or ground beef. When I have to buy fattier meats I just make sure to trim as much visible fat as I can, and when I brown ground beef I squeeze it out in the pan and drain as much of the fat as possible. We do what we have to!
Closed Thread