Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

I'm just wondering if someone can answer a question for me? I started maintenance on the weekend. Last night plans got changed and I ended up having 2 slices of pizza (not large slices) and a salad for dinner. The rest of my day I ate as I should have. Am I correct that I should be doing a P1 day today? Thanks for your input!!
Old 11-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #167  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sweetharmony....congrats on your weight loss and venture into maintenance!!!!

Especially because you're new to P4, I think it would be a good idea to go back to P1 for a day as a way to give yourself food peace again and start fresh with the principles of carb/fat separation. I have done both on a day like you describe. Last week, a dinner out turned out WAY high in fat/cal after a otherwise perfect P4 day....so I did a P1 day. This weekend, I did a planned 1/2 fun day on Saturday (which was, like you 2 pieces of thin crust pizza) and then 1 fun day on Sunday. I followed this up with a P1 day on Monday.

Each of us has to find our balance in P4. Some feel they are REALLY carb sensitive, and some not so much. I seem to not be nearly as carb sensitive I thought I was....and therefore I am making food choices accordingly. Check out the P4 meal thread as a great way to get ideas!

Last edited by evemomma; 11-05-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Morning ladies,

I was just planning my day on MFP and thought I may check out McDonald's for a cheese burger or wrap for me since I'm taking kids after olivia's dance tonight. Well it is definitely not worth it! Even if calories are under 300 the carb is high and I know a little cheeseburger would not satisfy me. If I planned for that to be my only processed carb of the day it could work but I like my oatmeal or bread in the mornings and I'm usually higher in fat in the morning.

I would much prefer to plan for a really yummy burger with 6-8oz of meat and great bun and enjoy it and be satisfied. Old Jen would not have looked nor planned, just eaten and then gone home and snacked. Now I will being a shake and go home and whip up something quick.

Pishposh- the big c could be a huge factor. You are almost there just a few more days to P3
Wendy's will give you more options than McDonalds will - they are more open to customization than McD's (no whining) and sm chili with a cheese & broccoli baked potato works well (don't use the crackers though), just get a couple of extra chili seasoning packets and dump the chili on the potato. A plain side salad with the pom dressing is tasty. Carb based meal obviously. For a fat meal get the 1/2 size Apple Pecan Chicken Salad with extra blue cheese (or cheddar if you like instead) and full salad sized chicken - bring along high fat nuts like walnuts or mac nuts to add and get the lemon Caesar dressing instead of pom. Or if you can think about it ahead, bring an HB egg or two instead of the full chicken (adds more fat & protein). I have also ordered the Jr bacon cheeseburger (the cheapie) to top off a side salad - chuck the bun or ask them to put the burger on the salad instead - and use the lemon Caesar dressing. You can get exact MFP counts via Wendy's most awesome Nutrition calculator: http://www.wendys.ca/food/NutritionLanding.jsp

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 11-05-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Sweet Harmony, I agree with Eve, I would do a Phase 1 day or at least a low carb day.

Jenny, sorry that McD's did not have a selection for you. My coach said that a small cone would qualify as a carb snack.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Hi Sweetharmony....congrats on your weight loss and venture into maintenance!!!!

Especially because you're new to P4, I think it would be a good idea to go back to P1 for a day as a way to give yourself food peace again and start fresh with the principles of carb/fat separation. I have done both on a day like you describe. Last week, a dinner out turned out WAY high in fat/cal after a otherwise perfect P4 day....so I did a P1 day. This weekend, I did a planned 1/2 fun day on Saturday (which was, like you 2 pieces of thin crust pizza) and then 1 fun day on Sunday. I followed this up with a P1 day on Monday.

Each of us has to find our balance in P4. Some feel they are REALLY carb sensitive, and some not so much. I seem to not be nearly as carb sensitive I thought I was....and therefore I am making food choices accordingly. Check out the P4 meal thread as a great way to get ideas!

Thanks Eve!! I did my P1 day yesterday and have started fresh today! I have WI this morning too. According to my scale I am down 2lbs this week
Old 11-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Sweet Harmony, I agree with Eve, I would do a Phase 1 day or at least a low carb day.
Thanks for your help!! I really appreciate it!
Old 11-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #172  
mamanerd

S/C/G: 208/192/170

Height: 5'6"

responding to Slipfree

[QUOTE=Slipfree;5089718]Hi everyone,

"have you tried ordering from Nashua for phase 1 products?"

I have been ordering from Nashua, getting proti-diet bars and big bulk container of oatmeal for my P1 days on maintenance and have been happy with them.. Not all bars are equal of course, i picked those lowest in calories and fat. The oatmeal is my standby breakfast, with musclemilk lite for lunch with a salad, and p1 main meal. This is for the p1 after fun day or slip up meal

I love reading through everyones postings.. it's encouraging.

I also just found the Judith Beck Cognitive Based Therapy "diet solution" (how to think like a thin person) which is a great mental approach to staying on maintenance or starting a weight loss program. Got the audio book and a chapter a day is really reinforcing what we learned in IP as well as giving specific ways of countering the cravings and slipups. Don't remember who on the maintenance forum here recommended it, but THANK YOU THANK YOU! I have terrible times resisting cravings and finally a psychologically sound method for coping with them!

Last edited by mamanerd; 11-06-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #173  
Evemomma

Sweetharmony....Good for you for doing that P1 day. I've said this before, but I really don't mind my P1 days at all in maintenance. They're easy, I'm not hungry, and I feel like it helps me get my head back on straight again.

Mamanerd....I love the Beck Book also. Eating is such a mental game, I also feel like having the tools she suggests helps me feel more confident! I used ProtiDiet Maple Oatmeal (in the big bin) on P1....it was such a nice change from shakes at breakfast.

I'm having a really busy week! I just caught up with no less than 10 client phone calls and booked 6 new sessions for next week. Eek! So, now I am rewarding myself with a little computer time before I have to clean my house.

On my really busy weeks, I am having a hard time keeping up with my exercise. Tsk tsk. I really need to push myself in this area. Today, I intend to make my house cleaning "aerobic"....pretty funny to see, as I'll race back and forth putting things away and jog in place. But, hey...whatever works, right?

I'm on my TOM today but still down to my lowest weight (not complaining, though), so I know I need to up my calories again. This week, I wanted to stay at 1600 and up my carb ratios. Next week, I am going to keep the carb ratio at 35% but up the calories. Any suggestions? Should I just do another 50 or should I stretch to 100?

Hope everyone is doing well. It's so nice to see some new faces! Missing some of the maintainers we haven't seen in awhile: Maile, SylviesGirl come to mind. Hope you are doing well!

Take care all!
Old 11-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #174  

Yeah, I'd go for the 100, Evemomma! It's really not so much - 1 1/2 pc of fruit, 25g of cheese, whatever turns you on. Congrats on managing it so well and getting to up your carbs

I'm missing some of the gals too.... hoping at least they are lurking if they aren't posting

Liana
Old 11-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #175  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Yeah, I'd go for the 100, Evemomma! It's really not so much - 1 1/2 pc of fruit, 25g of cheese, whatever turns you on. Congrats on managing it so well and getting to up your carbs

I'm missing some of the gals too.... hoping at least they are lurking if they aren't posting

Liana
Ah thanks.....I know my biggest enemy is complacency. I'm preplanning my food every day right now, which is the best way for me to stay on track. I don't know why 1700 seems like such a mental hurdle for me. But I DO love me some mini babybel cheese!
Old 11-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Thanks Liana about the Wendy's suggestions, I forget about that being a viable option for me and it probably is a little healthier for the kids.

Eve - sounds like a busy day. Love that you are making the house work arobic I did pause to think of your running on the spot between chores it made me smile. Good for you for squeezing it in whenever you can. Hats off to you for managing your calories so well and being able to slowly increase. It sounds like your body is quicking into gear nicely.

Mamanerd - Love the Beck diet Solution. I think it is one of the most recommended diet books that people on the site talk about.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm tired this week, not sure if it is the time change, (may be the halloween candy), or just life. Looking forward to a semi quiet weekend. Our run coach gave us the week off but I find myself missing my run buddies but will enjoy the sleep in this weekend and go to the gym instead.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi all,

So glad that it is Friday Eve!

Jenny, I am tired, it is so raw and rainy here. Looking forward to a quiet weekend as well.

Mamanerd, I like the proti diet bars and the maple oatmeal from Nashua. I pretty much eat a bar for lunch at school every day. I really do not like to eat a big lunch at school even on maintenance.

Liana, I am happy to hear that you are celebrating NSVs and seem to be feeling more in balance.

Eve, I say go for the 100!
Old 11-06-2014, 11:36 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

I'm ... confused. I've been very very bad the last two days, so I did a modified P1 day today (more protein than a regular P1 day) and did more exercise. Out of curiosity, I stepped on my body-comp scale tonight (like most of us, I usually weigh in the morning) ... it put my fat percentage almost 6% lower than it was this morning, down to ~26% (and I weighed myself three times, because I couldn't believe it.) My hydration, lean mass, and bone mass were all way up, more like they were a month ago. Did I just need to con my body into releasing more fat...? Or am I reading into the numbers?
Old 11-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi everyone;

Happy Friday! I'm not sure fearciuil about your percentages. Thats very detailed. I just weigh myself everyday and go by how my clothes are fitting. So, I don't have much to tell you, sorry, whats the scale say? And you should be okay if you do a P1 day. But, everyone is different. I'm sure others will have some good advice.

Jenny; the time change does affect a person. I think thats why I've been more tired too. I am going to do a run today, looking forward to it as its been a couple weeks. I love my runs! I plan to go back to the gym on Saturday. Both me and my hubby are back at our health plans and feeling better.

Slip; Enjoy your weekend and get your rest.

Eve; I admire your organization with counting your calories and you will continue to win in maintenance because of how conscious you are. I agree with Slip, go for the 100!

I'm glad your P1 days worked Sweetharmony and I agree Mamanerd, we need to get our heads wrapped around why we overeat and change our pattern of thinking. Thats a challenge but doable.

Liana; your posts always make me smile!

Hi Ruth Ann! And hi to the rest of you maintainers~

So, back into maintenance and my exercise schedule and it feels good. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Weekends are my challenge so I will be more careful and mindful while still enjoying a treat, just not everyday of my weekend!
Old 11-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #180  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
I'm ... confused. I've been very very bad the last two days, so I did a modified P1 day today (more protein than a regular P1 day) and did more exercise. Out of curiosity, I stepped on my body-comp scale tonight (like most of us, I usually weigh in the morning) ... it put my fat percentage almost 6% lower than it was this morning, down to ~26% (and I weighed myself three times, because I couldn't believe it.) My hydration, lean mass, and bone mass were all way up, more like they were a month ago. Did I just need to con my body into releasing more fat...? Or am I reading into the numbers?
Unless you lost 9.36 lbs of fat during the day (6% of your body weight according to your avatar info on the left of your post).... Ummmm, no.
I would certainly not trust a body comp scale that shows that much of a difference in 1 day. That much of a change in 3 or 4 months of hard work, maybe. There is no possible way to lose 9 lbs of fat and gain 9 lbs of muscle in the same day. That would entail a large loss of inches as well, in that one day.
If you had these numbers before (you said they were in that range a month ago), then something has been wrong with your scale measure for the past month with the extremely high (for you) percentage of fat it has been showing. Just forget it and keep on in the right track. Check how your clothes fit as a better gauge of your maintenance.
Closed Thread