Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 07:16 PM   #151  

Height: 5'2

Hello lovely maintainers. Can't wait to join you again, I've been watching the Maintainers Ph 4 What Are You Eating Today? thread but I'd like to know what you all are eating for breakfast. I love alternating smoothies and greek yogurt w/ blueberries and toast but I'm getting sick of eating the same back bacon every day to get my protein grams up. I eat very early - 6:15am and don't get lunch until 12pm so I need to eat the big breakfast. A bar will not cut it like some of you have been doing. I picked up some IP Complete shakes to mix with fruit to take to work so I'm not eating quite so early but I'll still be starving by 11 I don't know how I did Phase 1 so well. I am VERY hungry on this Phase 3 reboot.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #152  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
...I am now in P3 and have lost 7lbs on my reboot which I'm happy with. Pishposh; my scream weight is now 165lbs, I feel good at anything below that. I picked it as to how my clothes were fitting and how I was feeling. I start back to maintenance on Wednesday and am looking forward to my exercise schedule again.

Tomorrow will be exactly one year of starting IP, I can't believe its been a year and I weigh so much less and feel so much better than a year ago.
Congrats on your anniversary Hawaii! I've been away a while so I apologize for asking you to repeat what you've likely already said. How did you structure your reboot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
... Vachinyc- have you tried ordering from Nashua for phase 1 products? How often have you been weighing in?
Hi Slipfree. I haven't tried Nashua -no. Forgot about them actually. I also haven't been to a clinic since moving here in July. I generally weigh myself every morning but vacation loaded with carbs and way too much 'welcome back to the city' socializing has just crept up on me. I think I fell back into the old mindset of 'eh, I'll be really good again after this next thing' versus eating for my health every day and splurging occasionally. When I first got back to nyc, I was able to eat/drink out 2 or even 3 nights a week and not gain. But I was doing more exercise in the nice weather and monitoring everything else closely. It just all got lax on vacation and I haven't made the transition. But I will. Clothes are tight and I know better (now) than to let myself buy new larger things.

Hi back RuthAnn. Great to "see" you!

Last edited by vachinyc; 11-03-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Vachinyc, I have been ordering from Nashua since starting maintenance. So much cheaper 15.00 versus 29.00 IP per box and a huge selection of protein based products. I think it is very easy in maintenance for a slip to become a slide. Getting caught up in the social whirl is tempting. It is good that you are catching yourself before the holidays. Did you have fun on your holiday?
Old 11-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Just lost my whole post and now the time change has caught up to me and I'm fading fast

- congratulations Ruth Ann on 6 months of maintaining

- Hawaii, what a year you have had. Congratulations.

- Pishposh, you are working so hard to get to your goal. Do you think that the stress may be making you hold? Trust the process of adding the cards in slowly it works. We all process carbs differently so it seems that some of us can have more or less than others. I keep mine to morning, a bar, and than usually P1 style dinner. I read that having a round # on the scale was a good idea. I got as low as 157 so I try to keep under 160 but the official scream is 162.

Vachinyc- nice to hear from you. Good for you for keeping on top of your scream weight.

Slip - did you come back with some new purchases from birthday shopping?

Eve - your hair cut sounds a lot like mine, glad you like it

Stephascope - I have bacon most mornings. Can you do some almonds at 11 am to tide you over?

Jen - thanks for the link. Running in the winter scares me to and I don't want to risk the injury so will have to go slow and see how it goes. I guess it depends on what kind of winter we have. Guessing you will have a cold one out West.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Jenny, I did not buy anything in Boston, but I have been hitting Marshall's pretty often to buy sweaters. I am already freezing all the time and it is not even winter.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:44 PM   #156  

Height: 5'2

Jenny - I should probably do some sort of snack when I get hungry but I can't help but feel like the only snack I should have are the unlimited veggies so my losses don't stop. My coach said more protein like hard boiled eggs. I don't think I can take any more protein! I'm seriously considering going back to the Phase 1 lunch/dinner because I am getting sick of the extra 8oz meat at lunch.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #157  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Stephascope....I ALWAYS have a heard time getting in all my protein. I use nonfat greek yogurt as a high protein source. I mix it with peanut butter or with some low carb jam ...often dip part of an apple in the yogurt/PB or use it as a spread. My stomach can only do about 4oz of it at a time though or it gets upset. When I have time, I like eggs or egg whites for my protein. I do love bacon but don't like making it....no time! My normal breakfast is two whole grain waffles, 4oz greek nf yogurt and then I mix up whether I add fat with peanut butter or regular butter, cream cheese...and usually a half of a fruit. Takes me to around 350 in calories and sticks with me til lunch!

Last edited by evemomma; 11-03-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Stephascope....I ALWAYS have a heard time getting in all my protein. I use nonfat greek yogurt as a high protein source. I mix it with peanut butter or with some low carb jam ...often dip part of an apple in the yogurt/PB or use it as a spread. My stomach can only do about 4oz of it at a time though or it gets upset. When I have time, I like eggs or egg whites for my protein. I do love bacon but don't like making it....no time! My normal breakfast is two whole grain waffles, 4oz greek nf yogurt and then I mix up whether I add fat with peanut butter or regular butter, cream cheese...and usually a half of a fruit. Takes me to around 350 in calories and sticks with me til lunch!
Stick your bacon on a cake rack in a flat pan or line a pan with tinfoil, and bake it, evemomma, it takes about 15 minutes and you don't have to watch it, or move it, and it's perfectly crispy and without all the grease. That's the only way I cook it now. Google or Youtube it for info - easy peasy - it could be cooking while you help the boys get ready, or get dressed & ready yourself.

Liana
Old 11-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #159  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Stick your bacon on a cake rack in a flat pan or line a pan with tinfoil, and bake it, evemomma, it takes about 15 minutes and you don't have to watch it, or move it, and it's perfectly crispy and without all the grease. That's the only way I cook it now. Google or Youtube it for info - easy peasy - it could be cooking while you help the boys get ready, or get dressed & ready yourself.

Liana
Great tip! We have done that in the past. My family LOOOOOOVES it! they would eat 4 lbs of it everyday if they could. Maybe that's another problem I have.....no one tries to steal my greek yogurt....

Hope everyone has a great day today! Going to rain here all day. I stuck to my P1 day yesterday and resisted some pesky pecans that were calling my name! Planned out my entire menu today, so hoping that helps me as I start seeing clients at 10am and just have a short breaks for lunch/dinner until 9:30 tonight. I made some sraricha turkey breast tenderloin...hope it's good as I'll be eating it for a few days!

Anyone use Premier Protein bars? I picked up a box yesterday at Sam's club as they are only $1 a bar. I got the Fiber Variety Pack. I was bummed that I didn't realize they have sugar alcohols in them (not a lot) - my tummy did ok yesterday. The mint one reminds of a Girl Scout thin mint cookie....mmmmm! I do prefer IP mint bars (they are so creamy), but not enough to justify $4 a bar! Trying the Cookies n Cream variety today.

I moved my percentages around this week to increase my carbs to 35%....so we'll see how the scale like that. Fingers crossed, since I LIKE that!
Old 11-04-2014, 09:04 AM   #160  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Thanks all for the congrats - I still have a hard time believing it!

JenJen444 - I love the name of your race, someone has a sense of humor! And I hear you on the ice cream. I either get the snack size sandwiches or make dh scoop for me. I could convince myself 1/2 the carton was 1/2 a cup!

evemomma - Your haircut sounds so cute! I am seriously considering going short but I've been doing that for a long time.... I may get brave one day. And I know what you mean about the cold - I was just freezing all weekend and running around in sweats, hoodie and fuzzy socks. Suddenly dawned on me that I didn't have near as much insulation as last year!

pishposhappelsauce - So sorry you're feeling yucky. If you're coming down with something that could cause a problem. Sorry if I missed it, but are you eating the full 8 oz twice a day? You might try cutting down to 6 oz twice a day - I couldn't stomach all that protein on P2 either.

I set my personal "scream" weight at 136 which is 4 pounds higher than I am right now. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I know if I don't catch it right away it will get out of control and for us shorties the pounds look like a whole lot more than when you're taller.

Fearciuil - Yeah on scale being down! I've exhausted my store of info on body fat/lean mass (which wasn't much to start with) but hopefully you'll find some answers.

Ack! Didn't get to everyone! Back later but I got to scoot!
Old 11-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #161  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post

- Pishposh, you are working so hard to get to your goal. Do you think that the stress may be making you hold? Trust the process of adding the cards in slowly it works. We all process carbs differently so it seems that some of us can have more or less than others. I keep mine to morning, a bar, and than usually P1 style dinner. I read that having a round # on the scale was a good idea. I got as low as 157 so I try to keep under 160 but the official scream is 162.
Could be stress, I did just start a new job and while the stress of my old job is gone, there is probably some underlying stress about wanting to perform well and make a good impression. Also I've been having big C issues, and I messed up taking my birth control so I'm bloated and crampy. On top of all that, the time change is not agreeing with me, all I want to do is sleep. Thanks for the feedback and encouragement. I'm hanging on here. Got my P3 sheet today and going grocery shopping this weekend. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

[QUOTE=vachinyc;5089792]Congrats on your anniversary Hawaii! I've been away a while so I apologize for asking you to repeat what you've likely already said. How did you structure your reboot?

Hey there! Thanks! I am down 8lbs on my reboot! Yayy! And down some inches. I jumped back on IP for about 4 weeks. I did P1 for 2 weeks, P2 for 5days and P3 for 5 days and I start maintenance tomorrow again. It felt good to get back into a strict regimen and remember how good it feels to eat clean. I was on maintenance for 7 months before I decided to do this and before the lbs really got out of control. I feel much better going into maintenance now, I know what works for me and how I still have to be in control and organized for my daily eating with having a treat once in awhile. Weekends are my challenge so I need to pick a day that I have a treat not 3 days! I'm looking forward to getting back to my exercise schedule!

Steph; my favourite P3 breakie is 2 pieces of whole grain toast, 1 tsp butter, 2 eggs, 2 pieces bacon and 1/2 a grapefruit. I am so full after that, it helps with my hunger for the rest of the day. My coach told me that I didn't need to eat all the protein on P2 but at least 4 oz per meal I believe. It was too much for me too.And I lost in that phase.

Thanks Slip, Jen, and Eve, can't believe a year has gone by since I started!

Hi Maile, Liana, RuthAnn, Pishposh,Fearciull, and JenJen. I've been reading your posts.

Have a great day everyone out there, sorry if I missed someone!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #163  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Hi everyone! Hi back Jenny. Nice to "see" you again.

[QUOTE=Hawaii69;5089978]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Congrats on your anniversary Hawaii! I've been away a while so I apologize for asking you to repeat what you've likely already said. How did you structure your reboot?

Hey there! Thanks! I am down 8lbs on my reboot! Yayy! And down some inches. I jumped back on IP for about 4 weeks. I did P1 for 2 weeks, P2 for 5days and P3 for 5 days and I start maintenance tomorrow again. It felt good to get back into a strict regimen and remember how good it feels to eat clean. I was on maintenance for 7 months before I decided to do this and before the lbs really got out of control. I feel much better going into maintenance now, I know what works for me and how I still have to be in control and organized for my daily eating with having a treat once in awhile. Weekends are my challenge so I need to pick a day that I have a treat not 3 days! I'm looking forward to getting back to my exercise schedule!
Thanks Hawaii! Appreciate the info. It is strange but I am almost craving the stability/fewer choices from P1. I've been on maintenance since March but got off kilter with a carb heavy vacation last month and too much wine otherwise. I'm thinking of doing a short phase 1 stint to get myself stabilized again and remind myself what to do and how good it feels to manage my food instead of it managing me. Glad your reboot went well.

Happy Voting Day to all in the US!

Last edited by vachinyc; 11-05-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #164  
Evemomma

Good Wednesday Morning Maintainers!!!!!!!!

Vachinyc.....I totally understand what you mean about that comfort of having a well-laid out structure in P1. I do my best P4 days when I preplan my menu and stick to it without giving in to last minute temptation. I appreciate your talking about how your carb-heavier vacation has you feeling off-balance. I will be on vacation the entire week of Thanksgiving and know it will be a BIG temptation for me. I need to do a lot of preparation and smart decision making ahead of time to keep me on track. If I have more than 5 lbs to lose after the first of the year, I will do a P1 run as we are also traveling for Christmas....this is going to be tough! There will be A LOT of eating out!

In P4, I only eat out on my free days because I find that menus just aren't made for our carb/fat separation rules. But I need to adopt the same mindset that I did on P1 with eating out (I ate out quite a bit): I need to make menus work for me. If I can get that part down whilst traveling, I think it will help me be more successful. I also need to write down what days are going to be my free days on my vacations and not treat EVERY day like one! Let's see, I also need to make sure I have some convenient protein and veggie options available at our hotel/condo because I find that I am often short in these areas.

Any other tips for traveling that maintainers can share?
Old 11-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Morning ladies,

I was just planning my day on MFP and thought I may check out McDonald's for a cheese burger or wrap for me since I'm taking kids after olivia's dance tonight. Well it is definitely not worth it! Even if calories are under 300 the carb is high and I know a little cheeseburger would not satisfy me. If I planned for that to be my only processed carb of the day it could work but I like my oatmeal or bread in the mornings and I'm usually higher in fat in the morning.

I would much prefer to plan for a really yummy burger with 6-8oz of meat and great bun and enjoy it and be satisfied. Old Jen would not have looked nor planned, just eaten and then gone home and snacked. Now I will being a shake and go home and whip up something quick.

Pishposh- the big c could be a huge factor. You are almost there just a few more days to P3
Closed Thread