3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #16

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Woo hoo! Yipee! Yehaw! Bazinga! I made my first goal!!! A 3 lb loss this week put me at 149.9 this morning.

After I jumped up and down doing fist pumps, I cried. I can see now that I still need to do some emotional work. I realize that my self worth should not be tied to a number on the scale but for so long my first thought every day was "What will the scale say today?" It's going to take a while to get to the point where I get on the scale and I'm satisfied with the number and even longer to get to the point where I am not getting on the scale every day.

But Wow! I'm happy!

Lisa: I hope you are feeling better.
Fantastic! I cried too when I hit my first 25 and I am sure at 50 I will cry again LOL.... Hope you find some great boots and a coat..you deserve them.

Speaking of coats and boots, my knee boots are too big And they were my favorites. I wore them out the other night and I kept having to pull them up. My legs are not fat enough to hold them up anymore. Gosh replacing all my favorite things is going to be expencive LOL... Poor DH.

Went to my Niece and Nephew's birthday party yesterday at my sisters house, Finally my sister made a comment... She was shocked when she saw me and asked for my help. I am so happy I inspire her. Hopefully she can get her weight under control. She has been struggling lately and has put quite a bit on.

NSV yesterday at the party...in our family, I have become the birthday cake cutter...not sure how this happened but as soon as the candles are blown out they call me to cut the cake. Well I did it an never even thought about putting a finger (or knife) of frosting into my mouth..in fact as I was cutting I was almost nauseas at the smell of the frosting. Amazing what 3 1/2 months of clean eating can do to your taste buds and mind! So happy. Hopefully I will have the same resolve at Christmas Cooking baking time. there are really no desserts for Thanksgiving that would tempt me . I would just eat them because they were there, not because anything was my favorite...

Sue

"You get what you work for not what you wish for"

Mini Goals:
199 by March 4th
Old 10-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #17

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Woo hoo! Yipee! Yehaw! Bazinga! I made my first goal!!! A 3 lb loss this week put me at 149.9 this morning.

After I jumped up and down doing fist pumps, I cried. I can see now that I still need to do some emotional work. I realize that my self worth should not be tied to a number on the scale but for so long my first thought every day was "What will the scale say today?" It's going to take a while to get to the point where I get on the scale and I'm satisfied with the number and even longer to get to the point where I am not getting on the scale every day.

But Wow! I'm happy!

Awesome job reaching a goal!!
Old 10-12-2014, 08:05 AM   #18

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

P1W2

Good morning, today is race day (10K) and I am not happy. It's cold and wet, and I usually run indoors. But it's all good, a nice soak in a hot bath afterwards will be that much better.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend
Old 10-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #19
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

But Wow! I'm happy!

Whooo Hooo Catlady, that is fantastic. I hope to join you there soon.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:51 PM   #20

S/C/G: 206/174.6/140

Thanks to all these great ladies:

halfagain, Mars735, sgrealtor, determinedDieter, jemma51.

The support, encouragement and knowledge on this board has been my lifeline. I appreciate every one of you.

P1 Loss = 62.7 lbs
P2 Loss = 2.8 lbs
P3 Loss = 1.8 lbs
P4 Start date 12/28/14

Weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens in the gym.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #21
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:

But Wow! I'm happy!

From one Andrea to another Andrea..this is awesome news. Good for you. So happy for you. I don't blame you in the least for crying. I'm sure I'll shed a few tears when I reach only (only, as in compared to your 50) 25 lbs. As of today I might hit that soon. Was down 21.5 lbs this morning. I too weigh in every morning..can't help it. I open my eyes in the morning and the first thing on my mind is, "I wonder what the scales will say today?"..just like you.

All you ladies on here are so inspiring to me. I'm so glad I found this group. My family is very supportive but not one of them (husband, daughter or son) have ever had a weight issue. So all though they say they're proud of me, it's just not the same as being able to relate..as you ladies can

Keep it up (or should I say down..lol) Andrea. I'm right behind you.

Andi

Mini Goal #1 = 50 lbs gone by Christmas 2014
Mini Goal #2 = 60 lbs gone by cruise, Feb. 28/2015

Mini Goal #3 = ONEDERLAND by May 23/2015
Ultimate Goal = 130 lbs gone by vaca @ cottage, July 25/2015

"Nothing tastes as good as thin and healthy feels!"
Old 10-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #22
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/5/2017 232./204/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

But Wow! I'm happy!
Congratulations!! Your hard work and patience is paying off in spades - I am so happy for you!!!

I believe I will feel much of that same joy when I get to Onederland -- I weighed in this morning after return from a 10 day vacation and found I am down to within 2-3 pounds of the 200 mark -- I might get there this month, and it too will be a huge accomplishment worth crying about.

I just finished listening to The Beck Solution -- I have the paperback as well, and I find the whole approach to be encouraging. I think that with the Beck ideas for responding to self sabotaging thoughts, maybe this time maintaining my weight will be manageable. I am sure you will find helpful new habits that will ease your maintenance phase too!

Way to go, Catlady!!!

Started IP July 2014 - lost 82lbs toward goal to lose 90; Re-start at 232.4 on Jan 6, 2017.

“Vision without action is a daydream.” Japanese proverb
Old 10-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #23

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

I had a long weekend (Thursday afternoon to Sunday night) with very dear friends and had a great time. I had mostly diet victories but a few moments that I would like to do over.

Victories -
I refrained from drinking (diet victory, but sad because I wanted to have that social thing)
I stayed OP and my close friend even showed me a few new recipes
I bought some new clothes in a little sprint shopping trip that we did while our kids and her hubby waited in the car and I went down a size!

Small set backs -
At lunch one day, I ordered a salad and took off all the "bad things" but the vinegrette wasn't just oil & vinegar...it tasted so good I'm sure it had sugar in it. In retrospect, I should have sent it back because they put it in a little cup for me but I poured it all over my salad and loved it.

At dinner one night, my friend's husband poured A1 all over our steaks. I thought about washing it off when I got it but didn't want him to feel bad so I ate it anyway. I'm not sure it was that bad because I had it well done so I think probably mostly burned off

My friend made sesame asparagus for me. I asked her to put olive oil on mine but she forgot and put sesame oil (I assume that's not OP?). Again, I ate it because she made it specially for me.

Also, I couldn't control when I ate so I had a couple times when I was light headed and very hungry. Today didn't really have lunch except for my IP packet and I was able to get some chicken and left over asparagus and had to stop at GNC to buy an extra Qwest bar because I didn't want to drive home feeling light headed.

But, really I'm proud of myself for sticking OP even though I had a lot of chances not to stick to it.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #24
Reboot 31 January 2017

S/C/G: 260/260/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
I had a long weekend (Thursday afternoon to Sunday night) with very dear friends and had a great time. I had mostly diet victories but a few moments that I would like to do over.
That's amazing. You didn't fall off, you make a conscious choice to accept things you had limited control over and accept the consequences. Well done.

These are the decisions you're going to be faced with in the future and it sounds like you are ready to O W N them.

----

Having a sucky weekend. ToM reared its ugly head and I feel bloated and icky and weak and achy muscled. So looking forward to next week now!

I should really go for a walk, but we're on a wind advisory of up to 45mph and I'm not sure I have the energy to fight it.

26 Aug 2014 to 15 May 2015 lost 101lbs
Reboot 31 January 2017
Old 10-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #25

S/C/G: 215/208/136

Had a scare this morning. Very dizzy, almost past out, and nauseous. I'm sure it was because I didnt eat enough yesterday. I drink plenty of water (always have) but been feeling weak all day. Hubby got worried and made me eat a lunch he fixed, I'm sure it wasn't IP. Hope I didn't derail my progress to much. I need to plan weekends better. Really hard cooking for 3 kids and hubby who are all not on this program. Hubby was, but he didn't last a week on it.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:34 AM   #26

S/C/G: 189/162.5/168

Quote:
I feel fantastic. I'm going to order my copy of Beck's Diet solution. I checked it out from the library and read most of it but I want my own copy.

Everyone have a fabulous weekend!
Congrats catlady!!

WI#1 (-5) WI#2 (-3.2) WI#3 (-1) WI#4 (-2.4) WI#5 (-3) WI#6 (-1.8) WI#7 (-2) WI #8 (0) WI #9 (-1.2) WI#10 (-3.8) ) WI#11(-.6) WI #12 (-1)
Old 10-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #27
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Awesome job reaching a goal!!
Terrific it is so good to reach a goal.
Closed Thread