Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #16  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladstone View Post
Pishposhappelsauce,
So sorry to hear about your food disappearing. Not a great way to start the day. Hopefully, the day will get better and end with a win for the Os! I will be there looking less like a pumpkin in orange than usual thanks to IP.
Haha, that's great! I'm trying to figure out how to watch, I don't have cable at home so I don't get MASN. May have to be old school and use the radio.

I have two roommates...one of them is my boyfriend and the other is his brother. I call them my roommates when I'm mad, haha. So...this talk will be interesting.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #17  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Good Luck SG!

thisgirl is awake: I hope the biopsy goes okay!

Pishposh: ugh. My son sometimes takes my bars for a snack. I have established that it is okay if he ONLY has ONE! But not if it is my last one and he needs to tell me so that I can buy more. I give him a bar every day for snack anyway because he needs protein halfway through his day or he crashes. But to have a roommate just take them is really frustrating. I'd be really mad!

Good Luck tomorrow Kissi! You are rocking this!
Old 10-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning everyone. I'm 3 weeks in and my resolve is waning! this is typical for me. I self sabotage often and my efforts get thrown to the wind. I've been trying to lose weight for ages, years! and i always end up on this merry-go-round. So, last night I left my husband to get the kids to bed and hid away and read the first 4 days of the Beck Diet Solution. I was inspired by people here to read it. I made my ARC cards and am beginning the strategies suggested in the book. I think I will be carrying a copy of those ARC cards around with me in my pocket. They are a list of reasons why I want to lose weight. I am determined to beat this self sabotage, giving in to cravings and momentary self gratification that derails me all the time. It's so disheartening. I really need to start thinking like an adult about losing weight. One of the strategies further on is to find a diet coach so no better place than the boards here (and all of you). Good luck on this journey everyone. It can be so so difficult but it is also a fantastic, wonderful experience when followed through properly. Have a good day.

Good evening everyone. I posted the above paragraph in yesterdays post before it closed. i'm in Europe so there is a large time difference. I have placed the Arc cards in my desk, my bag and purse. One strategy is to sit and mindfully eat. I thought that this was something I did do, until I caught myself running around with my morning shake getting the kids ready for school and at lunch time I began my lunch sitting down but in front of a computer not mindfully eating. So, already learning some new things about my eating habits.
Good luck with your biopsy, this girl... and good luck with your detective work Pishposh.

Last edited by TwoTots; 10-02-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:07 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Morning all. Interesting conversation yesterday about just "going through the IP motions" and not really having your mind in it as much. I have definitely been slacking on following the plan to a T and it's shown in my losses, which have slowed down significantly. Of course I am just a few pounds away from goal, but I'm really trying to refocus and do the last bit completely 100%. I too will be transitioning to P2 at the end of the month, even if I hit my weight goal before that (I want to give myself some cushion). P4 by Thanksgiving (US) is my target.

On another note, I'm po'd this morning cause I think someone has been eating my quest bars. I thought last week that it seemed like I had less than I thought but chalked it up to crazy brain. My apple pie bar was missing this morning and I was planning on having that for breakfast today, so now I KNOW someone has got their hands in my IP basket. So annoying! I keep all my food out in a basket on the counter because my roommates have the pantry overflowing with junk that I can't eat. You'd think that'd be enough for them.

Anyway, hope ya'll have a good Thursday. Looking forward to watching the O's first playoff game tonight.
Good Luck finding the bar thief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Ugh. Like, not to make a bigger deal than it is, but it is very uncomfortable living with people you can't trust, even if it's just around food theft. Sorry, that sucks.

Good morning everyone! I had a bit of a slip last night Not carbs, but fat. But I perservere. Anyway today is my 2nd thyroid biopsy and I am stressed about it cause it hurts super bad. Wish me luck!
Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Good morning everyone. I'm 3 weeks in and my resolve is waning! this is typical for me. I self sabotage often and my efforts get thrown to the wind. I've been trying to lose weight for ages, years! and i always end up on this merry-go-round. So, last night I left my husband to get the kids to bed and hid away and read the first 4 days of the Beck Diet Solution. I was inspired by people here to read it. I made my ARC cards and am beginning the strategies suggested in the book. I think I will be carrying a copy of those ARC cards around with me in my pocket. They are a list of reasons why I want to lose weight. I am determined to beat this self sabotage, giving in to cravings and momentary self gratification that derails me all the time. It's so disheartening. I really need to start thinking like an adult about losing weight. One of the strategies further on is to find a diet coach so no better place than the boards here (and all of you). Good luck on this journey everyone. It can be so so difficult but it is also a fantastic, wonderful experience when followed through properly. Have a good day.

Good evening everyone. I posted the above paragraph in yesterdays post before it closed. i'm in Europe so there is a large time difference. I have placed the Arc cards in my desk, my bag and purse. One strategy is to sit and mindfully eat. I thought that this was something I did do, until I caught myself running around with my morning shake getting the kids ready for school and at lunch time I began my lunch sitting down but in front of a computer not mindfully eating. So, already learning some new things about my eating habits.
Good luck with your biopsy, this girl... and good luck with your detective work Pishposh.
I know the feeling...you hit one of those days were it just seems like you will never be thin.....Keep on chugging along and the program works...
Old 10-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #20  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Sgrealtor- I see your ticker is updated!!!! Congrats on knocking out the 240s!!!

nat Thank you!!! You are doing amazing!! I was just looking at your average weight lost per week. If I'm right in counting 14 weeks since you started your average weight loss per week is right over 4 lbs a week!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Something I thought about today was how thankful I am to be 6 months into this plan though it may take a couple of more months to get to goal than I thought. I know that I never want to be on "Day 1" again.

Congratulations to everyone who is sticking with it whether you are on Day 2 or 180.

Last edited by CO_6; 10-02-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #22  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi all - First, thanks for all the great discussion and support yesterday about feeling "blah" about the program. It was great to know I am not alone and that the group had my back.

Had WI today - 4.6 down! Total of 79.6! Very surprised and happy.

Also wanted to share a couple of NSVs. First, went to my Primary Care for a physical (had been avoiding it for years). All of my blood tests came back Normal! I had elevated cholesterol, now it's better! Total clean bill of health. Second, for the first time in 12 years, I purchased non-plus size clothes. It blew my mind.

I truly believe I would not be as successful at this if I did not have this community. Good luck for all Weigh-Ins and Medical Procedures.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #23  

Good Bye 240's
WI today down 3.5. Kicked that 0 loss of last week to the curb. What a great boost of encouragement!
Old 10-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #24  
Started IP Sept 12, 2014

S/C/G: 321/257/199

Height: 5'5"

Default Down 28lbs

Had my week 3 weigh in this morning. Down another 5. Total of 28!!!!! And total of 12.5".
Old 10-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Bye 240's
WI today down 3.5. Kicked that 0 loss of last week to the curb. What a great boost of encouragement!
Woohoo!! Congrats on the GREAT LOSS!!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalian View Post
Had my week 3 weigh in this morning. Down another 5. Total of 28!!!!! And total of 12.5".
Congrats, you are doing wonderful!
Old 10-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Hi all - First, thanks for all the great discussion and support yesterday about feeling "blah" about the program. It was great to know I am not alone and that the group had my back.

Had WI today - 4.6 down! Total of 79.6! Very surprised and happy.

Also wanted to share a couple of NSVs. First, went to my Primary Care for a physical (had been avoiding it for years). All of my blood tests came back Normal! I had elevated cholesterol, now it's better! Total clean bill of health. Second, for the first time in 12 years, I purchased non-plus size clothes. It blew my mind.

I truly believe I would not be as successful at this if I did not have this community. Good luck for all Weigh-Ins and Medical Procedures.
Rayze that is fantastic news.... I do blood work at my primary's office at the end of November. Last time 2 years ago and I have not been back, I was boarderline with the sugar and my cholesterol probably needed medication, but I avoided the dreaded re-check. I am kind of looking forward to see what the numbers are this time around instead of dreading it..
Old 10-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 242/217/180

Mid-week to WI on Monday and I am down 3 lbs. I am starting to get discouraged with Canadian Thanksgiving one week away. My household (me in other words) will be doing all the cooking for 20 people. I am slowly working on the dinner list to add some IP approved meals in with my families traditional Ukrainian cooking. Here's hoping everyone enjoys my spin on cooking this year.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Bye 240's
YAY!! I told you
Old 10-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #30  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Afternoon All

HUGE congrats to everyone with losses, some spectacular numbers in there. You're making it look easy and inspiring the rest of us!

I decided to celebrate the scale showing me in the 220s with a neat reward that ties up with the house tidying and organising that I've been doing lately.

Not only have I been trying on clothes and figuring out what I can alter myself or what needs to be donated, I have also been going through my makeup box. I was amazed that I have so much and yet have worn none of it since my husband's last military ball nearly 30 months ago. Most of it I had accumulated before I was even married (7 years ago). As a result some of it was way past the safe use by date and I noticed that I have a lot of MAC eyeshadows.

MAC have this wonderful "back to MAC" program where you turn in 6 of their empty eyeshadow cases for a free lipstick. I ended up getting two free lipsticks in new autumnal colours. It's a massive bonus to me since my lips are always dry and these are super slick ones. So, recycling can be fun and practical. Chapped lips will not be appearing on my face this winter!

Hope you're all having a wonderful Thursday ... tonight is my favourite tv night .. it's Shonda-time!
Closed Thread