Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 10:07 PM   #31  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

"Onder land" is that happy place where your weight begins with the number one! As in in the "100's". " one-der land"
Old 09-30-2014, 10:10 PM   #32  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

So at church Sunday was communion .... bread and juice. I was having a hard time deciding what to do.
What would you have done?
Old 09-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Sweetenuf- I took communion and skipped the wine. But... I really did think about it.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:14 PM   #34  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
So at church Sunday was communion .... bread and juice. I was having a hard time deciding what to do.
What would you have done?
I never skip communion. Whatever carbs are in the tiny cup and shred of bread are not enough to hurt, and that's an area where my faith is priority....communion is not what I would qualify as a food choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
You know what I've noticed about people paying compliments.
1. People who are already thin will notice and say something nice.
2. People over weight and notice my weight loss wont say one word about it.

Maybe its just me, but when I notice a change in a person I compliment them on it. I don't know if its out of jealousy or what but my friends who see me don't say one word about me losing weight. I know I still have a ways to go, but when I look in the mirror I can tell that ive lost inches.

"Notice the people who are happy for your happiness, and sad for your sadness. They're the ones who deserve special places in your heart."
People are definitely funny about weight loss, I had a weird experience at work today related to the subject. A woman at work heard me talking to someone else about the diet, and came over to tell me she had noticed I had slimmed down but was afraid to say anything! Apparently last week she complimented another girl who lost weight recently, and that girl got offended at the COMPLIMENT. Go figure!
Old 09-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 151/133/120

Height: 5'1"

Had my weight in today..... so happy I am down
3.6 lbs. Had a great week and am happy to say my metabolic weight is now less than my actual age
Old 09-30-2014, 11:41 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Hi all happy Tuesday
I successfully avoided a bbq catered lunch today. I did make it my protein meal so I had some pork & chicken with no sauce. That was literally all I could have... the vegetable was coleslaw, and there was mac & cheese and cornbread. I am quite pleased with myself. I was at an all day meeting and then school and I brought my packets with me and did fine

Also, I lost 13 pounds my first week. Wowza. (My first week the last go round was 14 pounds, so I guess that's just what I do.)

Just chiming in--I won't skip communion either.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:04 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

When I hit goal last time, while I enjoyed the compliments I also felt very discomfited. It is so personal, this battle we are waging. Wherein we are aware of our own bodies, be they heavy or light, but they are OUR bodies. It is the norm to comment on them to ourselves be the self talk negative or positive. But when others start chiming in and adding their comments/ compliments it felt intrusive. Some meant well and it was taken as such. Some meant to throw me off balance (Catlady the woman you were speaking of...). Change can be very threatening. Never had I had to deal with being considered a 'threat' before. It was difficult to adjust. But it is necessary. And people get used to it in time. But Chipndip I felt the same as you. I really valued the people who were new acquaintances and treated me like normal.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:31 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slw4624 View Post
Thanks for the motivation was feeling bad about falling off the wagon this weekend and having trouble getting back OP. I bought the Beck book because of everyone here talking about it and need to start reading it hopefully it will help with the self destruction that I have a tendency to do.
This was exactly what I was about to say!! And I was delighted to read Lisa's Beck quotes. I have just started the book, I had a terrible few days eating off plan. I am spending all of this evening with the week one part of the book and preparing for tomorrow. I want to kick this self destructive pattern that I always fall into after a couple of weeks of dieting. I too bought the book from reading the posts here. Good luck.
Closed Thread