Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Yesterday at wi I had my first 0 week. Old me would have headed right to the nearest store for a tasty treat, but instead I came home and cooked my salmon and veggies for dinner.... according to the body monitor thingy I did gain 2 lbs of lean mass. All the measurements stayed the same.

Beck book arrived yesterday just in time. hopefully I have time to get thru some if it today.
Weeks with 0 losses usually precede a whoosh by one or two weeks. So know it's coming! Hang in there, and btw, it's terrific to have gained 2 lbs of lean muscle mass. That's no small feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzubie View Post
Well, today was my first WI and I lost 5 lbs - so I'm very happy with that. I learned a hard lesson, though. I weighed myself on Saturday and saw that I was down 5 lbs already and I fell into my old habits and had a few (cough) beers on the weekend to celebrate. Well, Monday morning I was back up 3 lbs. I went right back on program and I lost the 3 that I put on. Lesson learned.
Congrats on the 5 lb loss! What a great feeling isn't it, when a program like this rewards you so fast for good behavior? Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
I feel for you realtor. I have my weigh-in today, and per my home scale, I've only lost 1 lb if that in the past week. I am a little discouraged by that. I've given up bread and wine, and it needs to be worth it! I guess I need to get that book. It seems to be helping everyone else's attitude. I could use that encouragement today as I sit here at my desk, hungry, with over 3 hours till lunch!
Pauley, losing a pound is good, very good. Remember how that 1 pound looks in a coffee mug; it overflows a mug. That's a lot of flab. (I am making the presumption that you have seen that picture, it's all over the diet websites and blogs.) It's GONE! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This was pretty relevant for today!
I also find it relevant for maintenance. When I loosen up too much, my clothes tighten up!

September 24, 2014 - Wednesday Sabatoge

Wednesday Sabotage: The scale went down so now I can loosen up a bit.

Response: It’s 100% not true that it’s okay to loosen up. The scale went down because of all the things I’ve been doing. The moment I stop doing them is the moment the scale goes back up.
Lisa,
Do you get these daily tips directly into your email daily?
Old 09-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #17  

Had my first weigh in today and was down 5.2 pounds. Happy with that and know this lovely pace won't keep up but I will be grateful for whatever my body decides to shed each week. This is a reboot for me and it feels great to be back. It's been two years, things have changed a little, and I've forgotten a lot I guess.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:00 PM   #18  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskies2 View Post
Had my first weigh in today and was down 5.2 pounds. Happy with that and know this lovely pace won't keep up but I will be grateful for whatever my body decides to shed each week. This is a reboot for me and it feels great to be back. It's been two years, things have changed a little, and I've forgotten a lot I guess.
Fantastic!! It's like riding a bike, pretty soon it'll all come back to you Looks like you remembered more than you forgot anyway
Old 09-24-2014, 04:16 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 242/219/140

Hey guys, I'm back! I had initially started IP in July, but took a brief hiatus in late august until a week ago while I moved into college and got adjusted. It was unplanned as it took me awhile to get adjusted and figure out how to get to the local clinic. Getting back on has proven hard, as the options on campus aren't as good as when I cooked for myself! So far I've cheated almost every day and am trying my hardest to get back 100% OP.
Anyone know of any tips for IP in college? I get a lot of exercise due to being on a large campus and keeping up with the marching band.
Also, can we eat gluten free pasta? I know IP has their own, but it's definitely not my favorite IP food
Old 09-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

[B]
Lisa,
Do you get these daily tips directly into your email daily?[/QUOTE]

I have Becks Diet Solution on my Facebook and they post the daily tips everyday
Old 09-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #21  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcart1618 View Post
Hey guys, I'm back! I had initially started IP in July, but took a brief hiatus in late august until a week ago while I moved into college and got adjusted. It was unplanned as it took me awhile to get adjusted and figure out how to get to the local clinic. Getting back on has proven hard, as the options on campus aren't as good as when I cooked for myself! So far I've cheated almost every day and am trying my hardest to get back 100% OP.
Anyone know of any tips for IP in college? I get a lot of exercise due to being on a large campus and keeping up with the marching band.
Also, can we eat gluten free pasta? I know IP has their own, but it's definitely not my favorite IP food
Great job getting back on the wagon! If you frequent a particular dining hall on campus you can probably talk with someone there about your dietary needs and they should be able to accommodate you - when I worked nights at the hospital the cafe folks knew what I needed after the first 3 weeks. There might even be a campus dietitian that can help you out.

Unfortunately GF pasta is NOT P1 approved. If it's not on the sheet, it's not to eat! Yes, IP makes a pasta product but remember that this diet is not just about low carbs - the foods are a protein product above all else.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Blue skies2

I have the Beck Diet Solution on my Facebook and they post the daily tips everyday.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #23  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
I have the Beck Diet Solution on my Facebook and they post the daily tips everyday.
I often copy & paste those quotes onto a label & stick it in the notebook I use for Beck's (handwriting them would work too but I'm lazy). I have pages and pages of past quotes - they make excellent Response Cards and/or Advantage Cards. I even highlight especially pertinent passages that speak to my particular challenges (cravings!) just to re-emphasize their message.

Last edited by tyranny; 09-24-2014 at 04:39 PM. Reason: gah. spelling
Old 09-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Blue skies2

I was wondering if there was a way to receive the tips automatically. I don't use Facebook much.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #25  

Thank you for the tip on the Beck Diet Solution on Facebook! How awesome is that. Just love the boards for support and advice.
I have had no luck with cauliflower tortilla's - at least 5 attempts
Old 09-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #26  
Reboot 9/2014

I'm sitting here at Panera Bread TOTALLY procrastinating on starting my homework!! They are the only place around here that has both Free wi-fi AND plugs for my laptop so I don't kill my battery. My Economics book is staring judgingly at me....

I saved my daily coffee to get here but was really hoping they'd have a soup that I could have....BIG FAT NO! All of the Panera soups are made with some form of starch and/or sugar in the BROTH. I ate my dinner at lunch and brought a bar in my purse so I'm good food-wise, but I would have been happy to fork over more $$ for some veggie soup.... alas they are not IP friendly.

And of course I forgot there is an Applebees right down the street - no plugs but free wifi, and I could have gotten an actual dinner there...the Napa Chicken (hold the wine sauce and cheese, extra veggies instead of potatoes) was always a P1 treat when we wanted a dinner out!
Old 09-24-2014, 06:18 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I'm sitting here at Panera Bread TOTALLY procrastinating on starting my homework!! They are the only place around here that has both Free wi-fi AND plugs for my laptop so I don't kill my battery. My Economics book is staring judgingly at me....

I saved my daily coffee to get here but was really hoping they'd have a soup that I could have....BIG FAT NO! All of the Panera soups are made with some form of starch and/or sugar in the BROTH. I ate my dinner at lunch and brought a bar in my purse so I'm good food-wise, but I would have been happy to fork over more $$ for some veggie soup.... alas they are not IP friendly.

And of course I forgot there is an Applebees right down the street - no plugs but free wifi, and I could have gotten an actual dinner there...the Napa Chicken (hold the wine sauce and cheese, extra veggies instead of potatoes) was always a P1 treat when we wanted a dinner out!
Ask panera about the "secret" menu.
Ome of those items might be doable with a tweak or two
Old 09-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #28  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Ask panera about the "secret" menu.
Ome of those items might be doable with a tweak or two
I looked into that - and read too many reviews about "accidentally" contaminating the secret menu with bread....more hassle than I was prepared for when all I wanted was a bowl of veggie goodness Will just have to make some in the crockpot this weekend, soup season is upon us!! Can't wait to make a bowl of curried rutabaga bisque
Old 09-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 305/262.8/180

Height: 5'5 1/2

Quote:
This was pretty relevant for today!
I also find it relevant for maintenance. When I loosen up too much, my clothes tighten up!

September 24, 2014 - Wednesday Sabatoge

Wednesday Sabotage: The scale went down so now I can loosen up a bit.

Response: It’s 100% not true that it’s okay to loosen up. The scale went down because of all the things I’ve been doing. The moment I stop doing them is the moment the scale goes back up.
This is so true. I use to justify going off plan because I had done so well. However, the end result is usually gaining weight and then being upset that I have to go back and re-lose what I've gained. Smh. When will I learn. I have the Beck book, just have to make myself do the assignments. But I am determined to see it through this time. My goals use to be how much I can lose by a certain date. Now my goal is to stay OP.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

So excited - I just had "spaghetti" for dinner!

I got one of those spiral veggie cutters and used it for the first time tonight with zucchini, topped with some tofu sautéed with garlic and some WF Tomato Basil sauce - delish. I want to have this for dinner every night! I (almost) didn't miss the piece of garlic bread I would have normally had with a spaghetti dish.
Closed Thread