Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #16  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Can someone link the thread that shows you how much you lost and what it's equivalent to? My sister hit 25 lbs lost today. Thanks!

Just bumped it to the top of the list.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:42 AM   #17  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Thank you so much!! As of last weigh in, I've lost a Cinder Block and she lost an average 2 year old.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
Can someone link the thread that shows you how much you lost and what it's equivalent to? My sister hit 25 lbs lost today. Thanks!

I hate to appear dense, but I don't see it as the top of the thread. Do you mean on page 1, as the first post for today?

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #19  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy1014 View Post

What are the recommendations about eating later at night? Has anyone noticed a benefit to getting all your food in before 8 or does it not make a difference either way? My night snack is usually a shake, so nothing that would be hard to digest or anything. I'd appreciate your thoughts! I've always wondered if there's anything to that "not eating late at night" recommendation of many diets.
We have our water first thing, then our walk, then come home and have a juice around 9am. Lunch at 1:30pm, Dinner at 6:15pm and our snack (like you, normally a shake) around 10:30pm and then bed around 1am.

I think it's a case of fitting your food timings in with your daily routine, otherwise it's easy to get out of step.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #20  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post

Did you mean http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...st-so-far.html ?
Old 09-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
I've been sick with a cold thing all week. I went to the doctor on Wednesday but he said it was just a virus and didn't need antibiotics. He offered me cough syrup but I told him I was on a ketogenic diet and didn't want to take any sugary stuff. Since then I've tried all the usual routes - oil of oregano, hot lemon drinks (no scotch in it though unfortunately) and I've even had a couple of zinc lozenges although I think they are sugar based.

But last night I had to finally take a medicine to stop the coughing - one with codeine which always works. And then again this morning so people wouldn't get mad at me for coughing on the bus. But I'm afraid that all this sugar is going to rise up the demons of cravings.

Anyone know of a good sugar free cough medicine? I have high blood pressure so I can't take a lot of the pills for flu etc. I usually just go to the pharmacy and ask for a cough medicine with codeine.
Your pharmacy should be able to help. They have meds for diabetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Question on fat serving: Is half an avocado acceptable as an EVOO substitute or is that a big NO?
Avocado is not an approved IP vegetable for P1-2. We'll get to enjoy again in P3 and beyond.
It isn't a "fat" because it also contains carbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskies2 View Post
I hate to appear dense, but I don't see it as the top of the thread. Do you mean on page 1, as the first post for today?
top of list of threads for Ideal Protein

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-19-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
We have our water first thing, then our walk, then come home and have a juice around 9am. Lunch at 1:30pm, Dinner at 6:15pm and our snack (like you, normally a shake) around 10:30pm and then bed around 1am.

I think it's a case of fitting your food timings in with your daily routine, otherwise it's easy to get out of step.
I think you are right that one's daily routine is probably the best guide to this. Maybe the 8PM rule is so that one is not eating just before bedtime when your body is slowing down?

If you are up later and active later in the evening than the norm perhaps this would not apply? Just thinking....
Old 09-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #23  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommamma View Post
Morning, I made the cauliflower tortillas last night. They were easy to make and very tasty. I used them for fish tacos.
Mine came out great too! I was thinking of trying it as a cauliflower pizza crust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
OMG

Last night when I started to make another batch of pickles, I discovered the blog for my favorite home-fermented pickle recipe is down

I grabbed the ingredients off another blog & when I get a chance, I'll re-create the directions & post in the recipe thread. Big Bummer. It was so easy to send people to the blog

My apologies to anyone who Googled it and didn't find it!
I'm getting closer and closer to starting my own blog just due to issues such as this.
I will be watching for that post! I tried looking up the recipe but found the same thing you did, the blog post was gone. I found a few others but there was enough variation that I got gun shy.

Quote:
Hi all,

I have a question about how late people tend to get their last packet in. My friend who is "coaching" me with IP (I'm doing alternatives on my own - no clinic or anything) said her coach told her nothing after 8pm. I'm finding that a bit hard as I often get home late from work and can't get that last packet in until 9 or 9:30. I like to leave my snack for after dinner because I usually eat on the early side and haven't felt hungry in between lunch and dinner.

What are the recommendations about eating later at night? Has anyone noticed a benefit to getting all your food in before 8 or does it not make a difference either way? My night snack is usually a shake, so nothing that would be hard to digest or anything. I'd appreciate your thoughts! I've always wondered if there's anything to that "not eating late at night" recommendation of many diets.
I space my meals and snacks at about 4 hour intervals through the day - which means my last snack is usually around 9-10pm. I think it's a case of applying general diet guidelines to a non-standard diet. If the 8pm rule applied, a person who worked 3rd shift wouldn't be able to do this diet - and I personally know several IP success stories from 3rd shifters. As long as you get all your food and packets in every day, timing matters only in terms of managing your hunger and energy levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Question on fat serving: Is half an avocado acceptable as an EVOO substitute or is that a big NO?
Unfortunately no. As Lisa said, avocado has carbs as well as fats, EVOO is purely a fat.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I think you are right that one's daily routine is probably the best guide to this. Maybe the 8PM rule is so that one is not eating just before bedtime when your body is slowing down?

If you are up later and active later in the evening than the norm perhaps this would not apply? Just thinking....
When I am working nights my breakfast is at noon or 1 pm, lunch is dinner with DH, and I have an big evening snack (not quite as big as a normal dinner but bigger than an afternoon snack) at midnight or 1 am which is 4 -5 hours before I go to bed. Whatever fits your schedule will work

Liana
Old 09-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #25  
Reboot 9/2014

Totally forgot to post, but today was WI#3 - down another 1.8lbs and 3.5 inches!!! That's a total of 11.4lbs and 8.5 inches in THREE WEEKS!!!

NSV for the day - putting on a pair of size 12 skinny jeans that I couldn't get buttoned two months ago, and not being afraid to wear them out
Old 09-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #26  

YAY Scorbett! So happy to see you again and celebrate your success with you. I too had a reboot recently and have been diligently separating carbs and fats and seem to be doing fine. I always appreciate people coming back when they have gained and sharing their progress and keeping themselves close to goal. To me, it is such a beautiful illustration of how IP is a great program that really does give you the tools for life.

I hope you are well and have enjoyed your summer.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:42 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Totally forgot to post, but today was WI#3 - down another 1.8lbs and 3.5 inches!!! That's a total of 11.4lbs and 8.5 inches in THREE WEEKS!!!

NSV for the day - putting on a pair of size 12 skinny jeans that I couldn't get buttoned two months ago, and not being afraid to wear them out
Wow...that is fantastic!!! Boy, you have to love getting into clothes that only a short time ago were too small. Even better when you can button the jeans AND wear them comfortably all day long.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:42 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
OMG

Last night when I started to make another batch of pickles, I discovered the blog for my favorite home-fermented pickle recipe is down

I grabbed the ingredients off another blog & when I get a chance, I'll re-create the directions & post in the recipe thread. Big Bummer. It was so easy to send people to the blog

My apologies to anyone who Googled it and didn't find it!
I'm getting closer and closer to starting my own blog just due to issues such as this.
I Googled Bubbies pickle recipe and one came up from a blog. I didn't realize that wasn't the one you meant. I'll wait for yours. But isn't it a bit too late in the season for pickling cukes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post
Happy Friday!! I am having a NSV day today...wearing a pair of new pants that I bought yesterday in size 8. It has been sooo long since I have been this size...makes me happy Have a great day everyone!!!!
Yay! It's so great to fit in smaller sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
I've been sick with a cold thing all week. I went to the doctor on Wednesday but he said it was just a virus and didn't need antibiotics. He offered me cough syrup but I told him I was on a ketogenic diet and didn't want to take any sugary stuff. Since then I've tried all the usual routes - oil of oregano, hot lemon drinks (no scotch in it though unfortunately) and I've even had a couple of zinc lozenges although I think they are sugar based.

But last night I had to finally take a medicine to stop the coughing - one with codeine which always works. And then again this morning so people wouldn't get mad at me for coughing on the bus. But I'm afraid that all this sugar is going to rise up the demons of cravings.

Anyone know of a good sugar free cough medicine? I have high blood pressure so I can't take a lot of the pills for flu etc. I usually just go to the pharmacy and ask for a cough medicine with codeine.
I had a bad cough several weeks ago and couldn't find drops or medicine that didn't have sugar or aspartame. But Lisa had a good suggestion about asking the pharmacist for help finding diabetic medications. I wish I had known that. I lost a lot of sleep spending the night coughing instead of sleeping. But it only lasted a week.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 168/148.4/148

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Hi all,

TGIF, right?! It's been a long and hectic week on my end.

I have a question about how late people tend to get their last packet in. My friend who is "coaching" me with IP (I'm doing alternatives on my own - no clinic or anything) said her coach told her nothing after 8pm. I'm finding that a bit hard as I often get home late from work and can't get that last packet in until 9 or 9:30. I like to leave my snack for after dinner because I usually eat on the early side and haven't felt hungry in between lunch and dinner.

Thanks

Lucy
Hi Lucy - I agree with many others who have stated that they need to find what works for them. I personally choose to have my snack after dinner as when I had it earlier in the day I found I was exhausted in the morning. My usual routine is to get up & exercise right away at 5 am & when I experimented in snacking earlier I literally couldn't drag my sorry self out of bed. That said, you have to figure out what work/feels best for you. IMHO, of course I have also found that when I exercise I do need to add in an extra (unrestricted) packet or I really struggle.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #30  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
YAY Scorbett! So happy to see you again and celebrate your success with you. I too had a reboot recently and have been diligently separating carbs and fats and seem to be doing fine. I always appreciate people coming back when they have gained and sharing their progress and keeping themselves close to goal. To me, it is such a beautiful illustration of how IP is a great program that really does give you the tools for life.

I hope you are well and have enjoyed your summer.
Great to see you too! Glad to hear you're finding a good rhythm in maintenance!!

I fell off the rails with new job/move/major change in schedule but caught it (and got back on the IP train) before a TOTAL regain My only regret is that I didn't start again sooner!
Closed Thread