Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #31  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
Here's another thing that is bothering me today. My sister has two girls ages 3 and 2 and she works all the time and I have offered to watch them and she never takes me up on it. However her mother in law who lives around the corner from me has them over all the time. I actually gave up facebook due to my feelings being hurt when I saw them in pictures on facebook at her house watering her plants last Sunday....Really why can't they spend time with me? There is a free event for kids next Friday and I offered to take them and she is like while I work out of town and the problem would be getting the to you and home? Really I could go and get them or they could spend the night with me on Thursday? However I just quit with the texting due to I know that if I offer for them to spend the night she will bring up some reason they can't and I will be even more hurt. She always says how good I am with my best friends kids, why doesnt she trust me with her's? She is having another baby next month and I have offered to help her out due to the fact that I have a ton of vacationa and would like to use it and spend time with her children. I know she won't take me up on it due to the past and she just doesnt let me. Why do I keep offering and get shot down....,Really why am I such a bad person......
That sucks I'm sorry that you and your sister are having this trouble.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #32  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

nat1015 thanks for the compassion, it is so frustrating and I need to learn to just quit offering and not let her get to me,,,,,easier said than done.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #33  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

I need help, I'm trying to delete my profile picture and upload a new one and it wont work. Keeps telling me upload not completed...HELP
Old 09-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hugs for you, finale... sounds like a bit of stress your way... Good for you for keeping up with your IP - try to focus on that positive today to help you feel better.
Perhaps you can actually tell your sister that you would really enjoy spending time with your nieces (actually use the words 'my nieces' instead of something like 'the girls') and ask her to get out the calendar and figure out the best time for her. Then take whatever time is offered... even if it's for an hour while she runs errands, whatever. You could even offer to visit with both her and the girls, or sit for her at her house if you really want to see them. Is there a BIL involved at all? Maybe he has something to do with this ongoing issue? If you know her MIL, maybe give her a call and do a visit while the girls are over there for a bit. Couldn't hurt...
Better to be a bit proactive instead of passive aggressive, lol.
Just some ideas...maybe you've tried them already?...

Same goes for the sibling paying the rent. Start a few days before it is due and mention every day that he/she needs to pay you by the ___ date. Make sure you aren't mentioning this in passing. Make this the point of an actual conversation and make sure the other person is not doing anything else at the time - they need to look at you and take in what you are saying. If they haven't paid on the day they need to, warn them that you will be sending their stuff to the curb within a week - look directly into their eyes as you say this. THEN FOLLOW THROUGH! Worst thing that can happen is they move out.

I think you will feel better if you have a 'plan of attack' lol on this instead of just waiting to see if they pay you. They realize that, right now, nothing actually happens if they don't pay their rent - they need to see consequences.

I can be a meanie, but it works and you will feel more empowered. I've worked with people who have had brain injuries and it's a similar situation... state things plainly, make sure they are looking at you and understand what you are saying, then follow through with what you said. That way there is a structure that everyone understands and it shows that there are real consequences when the instructions are ignored. If it gets really bad, you can have the police remove them from your premises. (My BIL/SIL just had to deal with this in California to help out his father who had his daughter move in, joined by a boyfriend, and neither paid anything for close to a year. BIL and SIL helped the father to take the stuff to the curb, changed the locks and completely redid the extra bedroom into some other purpose.)

Liana
Old 09-11-2014, 12:25 PM   #35  
kimmiesourney

Height: 5'4

Thanks all! I totally agee and think that the chocolate shakes have me craving something sweet at times. Actually, I like a lot of the foods. I am just not in a place in life to do a lot of experimenting with the packets to get them to taste great. I do cereal and chili and restricted items, as appropriate but the chocolate shakes just seem to work for me. I do it at least once a day -
Old 09-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #36  

Quote:
I need help, I'm trying to delete my profile picture and upload a new one and it wont work. Keeps telling me upload not completed...HELP
You might have to resize your file . I have a very good camera and my photos are waaaay too huge for this forum so I resize to a 640x480 file size. Do you have Windows Photo Gallery? Easy to do on edit bar.

Liana
ps: sorry finale if I sounded harsh on my last post... I tend to be a 'problem solver' rather than a 'hand holder' lol. Just ignore me if you wish

Last edited by canadjineh; 09-11-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:31 PM   #37  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

I don't experiment much either. I do the tortilla but all it takes is to put enough water in with the powder to make it thinner than normal and then I put it on the griddle smooshing it outward to make the tortillas bigger and it grills up in no time. You could do it in a frying pan also. So easy, it doesn't take any more work than heating it up as mashed potatoes.

I also tried the crispy cereal pancake which was okay but I like the crispy cereal as cereal so the extra steps aren't necessary for me. LMAO.

That is it...otherwise, I have used the packets the way they were intended. I could say if you were ONLY having the chocolate drink then it would be a bit much but I would go out on a limb that since we have to buy most things by the box...most of us are having the same thing every day for at least one meal time.

Do watch those cravings though!
Old 09-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I am a creature of habit. I drink my IP choc pudding/spinach/coffee drink mon-fri. On the weekend I have a cup of coffee with a splash of vanilla RTD and a double chocolate brownie, that's like a big treat for me! I am worried about P3...I have never been a breakfast eater (again i'm sure this is a contributing factor to my obesity!) so I need to learn. I'm thinking that I need to start eating omelettes and veggies, crispy cereal and such for breakfast to help transition to P3. blah. I am sure that I will come to love eating breakfast. I just need to break out of my comfort zone and start transitioning into eating breakfast!!
Old 09-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #39  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post

I also tried the crispy cereal pancake which was okay but I like the crispy cereal as cereal so the extra steps aren't necessary for me. LMAO.
This is too funny. I did the EXACT same thing. The dehydrated milk in the cereal freaked me out so I made pancakes with the crispy cereal packets for a while until one day I was in a time crunch and just needed to get the packet in and I dumped some really cold water in there and to my surprise I actually liked it!! I probably eat it every weekend.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #40  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Feeling pretty terrible today. Went to bed with a slight ear ache and sinus pressure, woke up with a migraine and throbbing right eye. Took an Excedrin, but the caffeine makes me so jittery. My hands are shaking and everything I single click on gets double clicked some how so my computer is going crazy! Just want to curl up somewhere and hibernate.

Ok, sorry, complaining over...
Old 09-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Feeling pretty terrible today. Went to bed with a slight ear ache and sinus pressure, woke up with a migraine and throbbing right eye. Took an Excedrin, but the caffeine makes me so jittery. My hands are shaking and everything I single click on gets double clicked some how so my computer is going crazy! Just want to curl up somewhere and hibernate.

Ok, sorry, complaining over...
Treat yourself gently today... maybe a cup of ginger & lemon tea (Stash makes a good one) will help with the sinuses and make you feel better.

Liana
Old 09-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Here's another thing that is bothering me today. My sister has two girls ages 3 and 2 and she works all the time and I have offered to watch them and she never takes me up on it. However her mother in law who lives around the corner from me has them over all the time. I actually gave up facebook due to my feelings being hurt when I saw them in pictures on facebook at her house watering her plants last Sunday....Really why can't they spend time with me? There is a free event for kids next Friday and I offered to take them and she is like while I work out of town and the problem would be getting the to you and home? Really I could go and get them or they could spend the night with me on Thursday? However I just quit with the texting due to I know that if I offer for them to spend the night she will bring up some reason they can't and I will be even more hurt. She always says how good I am with my best friends kids, why doesnt she trust me with her's? She is having another baby next month and I have offered to help her out due to the fact that I have a ton of vacationa and would like to use it and spend time with her children. I know she won't take me up on it due to the past and she just doesnt let me. Why do I keep offering and get shot down....,Really why am I such a bad person......

I have a 3 year old, finale. My BIL is awesome with my son, but doesn't have kids or much experience with them. I would never leave my son alone with him. Not a lack of trust, but just a lack of my own comfort. I don't know if you have kids or lots of experience, etc. Also, I just really don't leave my kiddo with anyone except the grandparents. He's had a babysitter 4x. I've had friends offer to keep him for date nights, returning favors, etc and I have never taken them up on it, and I TOTALLY trust them. I just don't like to do it, and it's absolutely nothing personal. Have you told her how it makes you feel? Maybe she isn't aware it means so much to you? Hugs! Hope y'all can resolve it!
Old 09-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #43  

Interesting post lifted from MyFitnessPal:

"There is a great book I read called "Thin for Life". It gives great examples of how people maintained their weight loss over years. My best advice? Make MFP part of your life just like checking your email, voicemail, and bank balance, etc every day.

What I tell my patients who want to lose weight and maintain is this:
Think of tracking your intake and exercise is like tracking your checking account. Would you ever go to a store and swipe your debit card without ever knowing what your balance is to spend or what the price of the item your buying is? Eating without tracking is exactly this.

Who would ever go to Best Buy and just start writing a check for the prettiest washer and dryer or fanciest computer just because you were "hungry to have one"? Blind eating is just like blind spending.

Would any of us irresponsibly ask the question, "Hey when can I stop checking my balance at the bank? It's getting old seeing how much money I have or don't have every day . I just want to relax and spend freely and assume that I have unlimited funds available". Or how about, "Hey, I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks...can't I just blow a bunch of cash that I don't have and just worry about the overdraft fees later when I get home?"

I would hope not.

Your friendly Registered Dietitian"

A great way of putting it... this is a lifelong journey...
Liana
Old 09-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #44  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post

"There is a great book I read called "Thin for Life". It gives great examples of how people maintained their weight loss over years. My best advice? Make MFP part of your life just like checking your email, voicemail, and bank balance, etc every day.

Think of tracking your intake and exercise is like tracking your checking account. Would you ever go to a store and swipe your debit card without ever knowing what your balance is to spend or what the price of the item your buying is? Eating without tracking is exactly this.

Who would ever go to Best Buy and just start writing a check for the prettiest washer and dryer or fanciest computer just because you were "hungry to have one"? Blind eating is just like blind spending.

Would any of us irresponsibly ask the question, "Hey when can I stop checking my balance at the bank? It's getting old seeing how much money I have or don't have every day . I just want to relax and spend freely and assume that I have unlimited funds available". Or how about, "Hey, I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks...can't I just blow a bunch of cash that I don't have and just worry about the overdraft fees later when I get home?"

I would hope not.

Liana

Love this, and it's so true. When I lost weight previously I was using a calorie tracker. Once the weight came off, I got lazy about tracking and stopped altogether. Now I'm trying to use MFP faithfully every day, even if I eat the same things most days. What's that saying about doing something so many times until it becomes a habit? I'm trying to make a good habit happen.

Started school last week and egads spare time is now precious. I've been trying to check in here every day though, even if it's late at night. Was worried about the dinners I'd be having on campus, but they have a nice salad bar and I can always get one of the grill cooks to give me a piece of grilled chicken breast to put on top. Stepped on the scale to 131.6 this morning and did a happy dance - only a couple more pounds until I'm back in the 120's, woot! None of my clothes fit though, which has become a problem. Hoping to go shopping soon for some basics, otherwise while I was losing I was living off of Target clearance finds. So I've really been enjoying all the clothing swap talk lately!
Old 09-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #45  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post

I would hope not.

Liana
Great words of wisdom. Thanks for sharing.
Closed Thread