Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Makes me want to pull out my dress pants that were so tight I couldn't breath. Just to see if they are now to big.
You should, you may find out that they are TOO BIG!!!
Old 09-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #32  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning IP Family!

Regarding the clothes....holy moly did I have a ton of clothes. Bags and bags of clothes. Once I hit size 14 I had no more clothes to wear. I actually gave all of my clothes (minus chonies and bras of course) to a co-worker of mine who had her fourth and last child last October. She breastfeeds so you can't do very radical diets to shed the weight. We were about the same size when I started IP so I gave everything to her. I still have some really nice wool coats that I use to wear to work but, she doesn't need coats and I don't want to give them to Goodwill. Maybe one of the coat drives we have here at work or at my sister's school.
I really need to go shopping for clothes that fit, I'm currently in between sizes 10 and 8 right now. Good thing I'm follow IP using alternatives because clothes are not cheap and I need a lot of them. Coats, sweaters, work slacks, jeans...the list goes on and on.

Last Wednesday my hubby and I went to phase 2 though I was a little over 7lbs till goal since he was plateauing and to be honest my weight loss was virtually no existent there as well. Well this morning I jumped on the scale and have lost 3.33lbs this week. Wahoo! I feel fuller for longer though I find it a welcome challenge to keep enough cooked meat on hand for our lunch meals. I'm currently 4.4lbs from goal and excited!!
Old 09-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #33  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Congrats Johnsdeere!

I am some kinda grumpy today. Maybe I'm burning fat cells with some hormones in them that make me super short-fused. It's one of those "don't talk to me, don't mess with me, leave me alone" kinda days at the office. Glad I can come here and see everyone's positive mood and get a little uplift from reading about everyone's journey.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Morning IP Family!

Regarding the clothes....holy moly did I have a ton of clothes. Bags and bags of clothes. Once I hit size 14 I had no more clothes to wear. I actually gave all of my clothes (minus chonies and bras of course) to a co-worker of mine who had her fourth and last child last October. She breastfeeds so you can't do very radical diets to shed the weight. We were about the same size when I started IP so I gave everything to her. I still have some really nice wool coats that I use to wear to work but, she doesn't need coats and I don't want to give them to Goodwill. Maybe one of the coat drives we have here at work or at my sister's school.
I really need to go shopping for clothes that fit, I'm currently in between sizes 10 and 8 right now. Good thing I'm follow IP using alternatives because clothes are not cheap and I need a lot of them. Coats, sweaters, work slacks, jeans...the list goes on and on.

Last Wednesday my hubby and I went to phase 2 though I was a little over 7lbs till goal since he was plateauing and to be honest my weight loss was virtually no existent there as well. Well this morning I jumped on the scale and have lost 3.33lbs this week. Wahoo! I feel fuller for longer though I find it a welcome challenge to keep enough cooked meat on hand for our lunch meals. I'm currently 4.4lbs from goal and excited!!
Awesome!!!
Old 09-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #35  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

The first day I went to the clinic to sign up, a guy came in while I was there. The coach asked how things were going and the guy said, "This diet is so expensive. I'm spending way too much money on new clothes". LOL

Back in 2002 or 2003 when I lost 50 lbs on Atkins I bought a really cute little black dress that was just a bit too small. I never went down the last few pounds to fit into it and it is my goal dress. It may fall apart when I finally get into it but I sure hope not because I still really like it.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

I had to dress up a bit for a dinner meeting last week, and that morning I grabbed a pair of slacks and a belt to change into after work. Later I went to change - no beltloops in the slacks! I kept having to pull up my pants without looking weird.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #37  
IP 07/18/14

S/C/G: 197/163.8/145

Height: 5'5"

I've started selling my good condition jeans on eBay once they get too baggy. I sold 6 pairs of jeans so far, after the fees and shipping I ended up with $100. I'm dying to be a size 12 so I can sell the rest of my 14's! It's nice to offset the cost of IP with selling clothes that are too big.

That reminds me.... NSV, I have one pair of 12's I can fit in as of this weekend! I sure wish jeans were made more consistently so I could wear all my 12's.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

A couple of ideas for the clothes... if you have 'more expensive, blingy' clothes or dress coats and jackets perhaps there is a consignment store in your area, you can make a bit of money off your too big stuff or possibly trade at a second hand store. Also if you have office type dress clothes you could donate them to 'Dress For Success.' A not-for-profit organization founded in 1997 in NYC but now all over the world. It helps disadvantaged women with a couple sets of work clothes for interviews and just to get started. Here's the site for more info. That's what I did with my dress pants, skirts, and jackets that were too big.
http://www.dressforsuccess.org/whatwedo.aspx

Liana
Old 09-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #39  

JackieGee- CUTE!!!

JJTx- I had the same thing happen to me, I had to hold my jeans up while I was walking, I looked like a thug! lol
Old 09-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 331/245/189

Height: 5'10'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Morning Everyone....

I asked this question in the July starters, but I will ask here also because I am curious.....What do you do with your clothes as they become too big? Keep, donate, toss in a bonfire I am at the point I need to clean out and with so many failed attempts I'm afraid to toss everything......

Pair of pants again today needs a belt lol. I need to get to the store this weekend.

FYI if you have a Home Goods near you I found the sf pumpkin syrup in mine yesterday! They also had vanilla, almond, Carmel,coconut, mocha and hazelnut.
Torini and skinny something (?) brand....
I am actually selling my clothes on ebay ... I have a lot of designer labels. They sell surprising well.

I am now losing a size about every 6 weeks (I am pretty tall) so my goal is to sell everything and when I hit my goal weight use those funds to buy a new wardrobe.

Cheers
Old 09-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #41  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Wednesday! Feeling pretty good today, next WI isn't until Friday but I pulled on a skirt that was a WEEE (ok a LOT) tight around the waist and butt the last tine I wore it. Today, no muffin top and no walking like I've got my legs tied together! Woot!

Today is hubby's birthday, he's diabetic so I don't have to worry about cake or anything like that, but I think he wants sushi for takeout supper....AUGH. It's only my favorite (I am not really a fan of straight up sashimi, and 8oz of sashimi would be crazy expensive) but I think I'm just going to get him whatever he wants and make myself something else....drown my sorrows in roasted cauliflower I know it'll be worth it in the end, and my goal is to phase off by Christmas....eyes on the prize!!
Old 09-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #42  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Hello fellow IP imbibers!

Congrats on Onederland ShrinkingSusie! That's an amazing achievement and I look forward to following in your footsteps somewhere down the line.

On the subject of shrunken-out-of clothing: Some of my clothes can be reworked into a smaller size quite easily, so I'll be putting those into a clear air-free storage bag and putting it in the wardrobe until I know I can not only reach target weight, but maintain it. Then I'll either have a crack at machining them down, or take them to mother-in-law who is the master of the sewing machine.

Anything else depends what it is and how long I've had it. I suspect many other people hold onto loved and comfy clothes way longer than they would otherwise, because they can't find "just the right" replacement in their size. Some of my "larger" clothes I've had for nearly 20 years. Anything suitable will be donated and the rest may finally make their way to the trash can.

I'm planning on researching some maple oatmeal muffin recipes (because neither of us likes the unvarnished packet) to use up the extra 5 sachets.

Hope you're all having a happy Wednesday.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Morning IP Family!

That is so awesome! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
A couple of ideas for the clothes... if you have 'more expensive, blingy' clothes or dress coats and jackets perhaps there is a consignment store in your area, you can make a bit of money off your too big stuff or possibly trade at a second hand store. Also if you have office type dress clothes you could donate them to 'Dress For Success.' A not-for-profit organization founded in 1997 in NYC but now all over the world. It helps disadvantaged women with a couple sets of work clothes for interviews and just to get started. Here's the site for more info. That's what I did with my dress pants, skirts, and jackets that were too big.

Liana
This is an excellent idea. I have a local place that does this and I have taken quite a few of my work clothes there. It makes me feel good knowing that I can lend a helping hand to someone who really needs it.

I had thought about Ebay. I used to do that years ago but a friend told me the fees have gotten outrageous. But I think I will take a look again because I am down to one pair of jeans I can wear and a stack about 3 feet high of ones that are too big. I added another pair to the stack this morning. My house is starting look like a used clothing store. I have stacks of clothes all over the place. This has made me realize that I have way too many clothes. Lesson learned.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #44  

Ya'll are making me think out of the box, there is a shelter for abused/battered women near my house. I am going to see if they take clothing donations.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Great question about the clothes.... I lost a lot of weight years ago and tossed ALL of my clothes. I then regained all of the weight I lost (and then some) and was sorry that I tossed my clothes. So naturally I am afraid to do that again...but I think I should get rid of them. So far I have kept two pair of jeans, not because I ever plan on fitting in them again, but I paid a pretty penny for them and am not ready to let them go, plus I would like to keep one pair as a reminder of how far i've come.
See that is what I think my fear is...so many times to have lost and gained....

Quote:
Morning IP Family!

Great Job! Your almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post

Liana
Have heard of dressforsuccess, but my stuff is pretty business casual although I do have a few dressy items that I have bought over the years for the occasional wedding and such....

So this AM in my attempt to get out of the door on time I forgot to have my morning snack. Ugh! Hate that...I wasn't in my office or my car so no spare on hand. Oh well ran home after my meeting and grabbed that and my lunch...doubled up @ lunch by adding my soy nuts to my salad. Now I am super stuffed LOL...
Closed Thread