Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 07:20 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Weekend Chat Sat 9/6 - Sun 9/7/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-06-2014, 07:29 AM   #2  

Good Saturday Morning!

I actually slept an hour later than usual
I'm working on my first Tervis Tumbler of water (my new rule is drink one prior to my coffee)

Then I have an hour set aside to do my Essentrics workout before College Game Day starts on ESPN. My team has flown out to Oregon to do some duck hunting . DH couldn't believe his luck when he met a girl who likes sports and doesn't like shopping. No wonder he married me!

We're reigning in our spending so only one football road trip this year. We're planning a Hawaii trip in December. I've never been there so I'm really excited!

I'm game-watching with my local alumni club in a bar tonite. I've already looked at the menu and will plan my day accordingly. I'll have my 3 packets for B, L, and earl(ier) snack, along with all 4 c veggies. Dinner will be meat & salad at the game watch w/portable WF dressing. There's no duck on the menu or I'd be making a higher-fat dinner choice tonite. So easy to make decisions when planned ahead. Much harder when faced with food decisions when hungry.

Don't wait til you're hungry (or hangry) to make the food decisions. Plan ahead!!!!

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-06-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Lisa - enjoy your game! I am also a sports wife/ mom. Have a 16 year old that plays varsity ice hockey and golf! Until he started aging out of some if the programs we played hockey almost all year lol. Love watching football and hockey on TV. That's how we spend my no work Sundays....

Planning is the key to success

Off to work this morning but a short day...should be home by 1. Then laundry and various other chores.....
Old 09-06-2014, 09:02 AM   #4  
Started WW 2/2/15

S/C/G: 240/218/135

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone,

Hope you all have a great day and weekend. I just started IP yesterday and so far, so good. Had a "false"start - just a few days - in June, but had some life altering changes at the time, so finally getting myself back on track. Just moved back home to MA a few weeks ago after living in the southwest while caring for a parent who recently passed away. And my DH is disabled (kidney failure, dialysis 3x a week etc), so it was time to take care of him and my DD13 and move back. I am also starting a new job in 2 weeks at a big Boston hospital, so getting back on IP now will make the transition to work life a little easier!

Lisa - have a great day! I too am a sports wife/mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Lisa - enjoy your game! I am also a sports wife/ mom. Have a 16 year old that plays varsity ice hockey and golf! Until he started aging out of some if the programs we played hockey almost all year lol. Love watching football and hockey on TV. That's how we spend my no work Sundays....

Planning is the key to success

Off to work this morning but a short day...should be home by 1. Then laundry and various other chores.....
Me too with the hockey and football!! Baseball too sometime as well.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 09-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #5  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the boards, Chicklet52!!!! I gained 40 lbs in response to grief....I am so impressed that you are taking such a healthier route! You will find TONS of support here

Lisa....have a restful and FUN weekend! I love sports also (but I can be pretty fickle). Love my Cards but struggle to watch until the play-offs (and really missed seeing Yadi out there most of the summer). I also ADORE NCAA basketball tourney. Have never been able to embrace fully the Rams or Blues since moving here 17 years ago. I'm originally from Indiana, so I'm an old-school Colts fan. But my heart moved to Denver last year....hope Peyton has another great year with an even better ending than last!

We have a quiet weekend planned. I promised my daughter we would "feed some ducks".....now just have to discover a park with a lot of ducks nearby! It's going to be beautiful here, so I'm up for the challenge.

I plan on going to my first yoga class today since joining my gym. I hate being the "new one", but oh well....time to be a grown up and get on with it!
Old 09-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Then I have an hour set aside to do my Essentrics workout before College Game Day starts on ESPN. My team has flown out to Oregon to do some duck hunting . DH couldn't believe his luck when he met a girl who likes sports and doesn't like shopping. No wonder he married me!

Don't wait til you're hungry (or hangry) to make the food decisions. Plan ahead!!!!
I'll be rooting for your team today! I grew up in Corvallis, Oregon... Where the BEAVERS are... So I'm always in favor if the ducks losing! Even though I moved out of state at 13 (why you'll sometime also see me say if grew up in CO) I am a beaver fan for life!

I'm becoming a sports mom. I have a 3.5 yr old... He did soccer over the summer, but he starts soccer AND peewee baseball in 2 weeks! Between my school, his school, and his sports, it will be busy!! I need to prep more meals at once.

Nothing exciting here this weekend. Lots of cleaning! Maybe going to a baby turtle release on the beach tomorrow am. Other than that just hanging out with the fam. My husband will watch every single game on this weekend.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:32 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!!
Old 09-06-2014, 09:32 AM   #8  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Also looking forward to NFL kicking off this weekend (Go Ravens! woop woop!). O's are lookin pretty good too.

Going to make some IP friendly wings and turkey meatballs tomorrow for the game. I wonder if I could make sweet and savory sauce (normally made with Heinz Chili Sauce and grape jelly) with WF jelly and BBQ sauce? Ooh, now I'm excited.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 09-06-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:32 AM   #9  

Today I am going to the Husky vs Eagle game here in Seattle. I have not been to a game in a long time and I am looking forward to it. One of my older sons is at the UW and the other EWU so this is the "turf" war game . Going to pack my back pack with chopped veggies and become prepared. The mind set just has to change, since I am only on day 6 this is still new to me. It really is helpful to read the message boards - thank you!
Old 09-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/186/165

Huskers fan here...born and raised Wearing my Husker scrubs here at work in WY--this should be interesting. Lol.
Have a question for ya...I'm on P1 and have seen on here that several people split up their protein. Would it be ok to have 2 eggs scrambled for breakfast and the 4oz protein at supper? Would I still have the 3 packets today? And if so, could I have one with breakfast also? TIA!
Have a great weekend
~Cass
Old 09-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

Do y'all have any incentives, or rewards, that you are going to treat yourself with when you reach your GW??
Old 09-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #12  

Oh yum!
A couple IP tweaks necessary, however overall, this looks GREAT!
http://thatsmyhome.com/fishermans/ga...an-vegetables/
Old 09-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #13  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXWineo View Post
Do y'all have any incentives, or rewards, that you are going to treat yourself with when you reach your GW??
A whole new wardrobe that includes bikinis. I've been putting money away to fund it, so I'll be having a nice shopping spree at some point.

Was toying with the idea of doing a tropical vacation in the winter to wear said bikinis, but my family is planning an Alaska cruise for next year, so not sure if I'll have the vacation time. Honestly, seeing the results in my before/after photos and buying new clothes make me excited enough, so I'm happy with having that as my reward.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3blessings View Post
Huskers fan here...born and raised Wearing my Husker scrubs here at work in WY--this should be interesting. Lol.
Have a question for ya...I'm on P1 and have seen on here that several people split up their protein. Would it be ok to have 2 eggs scrambled for breakfast and the 4oz protein at supper? Would I still have the 3 packets today? And if so, could I have one with breakfast also? TIA!
Have a great weekend
Huskers in East Lansing on 10/4 We'll chat then
Yes you can split your protein as described and yes, you still have your 3 packets. Personally, I'd suggest not doubling-up real food protein with a packet but some folks do it successfully

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Lisa....have a restful and FUN weekend! I love sports also (but I can be pretty fickle). Love my Cards but struggle to watch until the play-offs (and really missed seeing Yadi out there most of the summer). I also ADORE NCAA basketball tourney. Have never been able to embrace fully the Rams or Blues since moving here 17 years ago. I'm originally from Indiana, so I'm an old-school Colts fan. But my heart moved to Denver last year....hope Peyton has another great year with an even better ending than last!

We have a quiet weekend planned. I promised my daughter we would "feed some ducks".....now just have to discover a park with a lot of ducks nearby! It's going to be beautiful here, so I'm up for the challenge.

I plan on going to my first yoga class today since joining my gym. I hate being the "new one", but oh well....time to be a grown up and get on with it!
Have fun at yoga. We'll be duck HUNTING today, rather than feeding them

I'm not originally from the STL area either. It was easy-peasy to become a cards fan. And I think DH watches almost every game. Post-season doesn't happen unless they rock the regular season.

I'm a NCAA basketball fan, too. My team is a tounrament team and has frequent sweet 16/Final Four visits.

DH and I were Rams season ticket holders for a bit but have found better ways to spend our entertainment dollars. It wasn't all that entertaining. We did make it to a NLCS and a World Series game last year. DH is from STL and it was his first WS. Then we went to the Rose Bowl. It was an expensive but fun sports travel year for us.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-06-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Saints fan here!!! LSU today and Saints tomorrow!! Exciting!!! Lazy weekend, but much needed.
Closed Thread