Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #91  
Started WW 2/2/15

S/C/G: 240/218/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7059 View Post
I had a couple NSVs this weekend. First off I went to an art festival yesterday and did great around all the food at those. I had a bit of miss planning in the evening. I got a ticket to the Twins game last night last minute. I figured I would be able to find something to eat at the game. I found 3 salads, two had pasta in them and the other potato. I could have gotten a chicken breast for way too much. I decided to order a steak when I got home. Both times I didn't go for any of the local food. I just wish I did better with drinking water yesterday.

My other NSV was I got up and threw some clothes and started to clean the house. My shorts literally fell down around my ankles. I'm happy I was at home. Belts are now necessary
You are doing a great job!! Too funny about the shorts - but it is a very good thing!!
Old 09-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 196/182/140

Height: 5'5"

Default How much can we exercise?

Happy Sunday all. Just wondering if we are allowed to exercise and if so how much. My coach said only walking but I've seen some posts referencing working out.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by facing50 View Post
Happy Sunday all. Just wondering if we are allowed to exercise and if so how much. My coach said only walking but I've seen some posts referencing working out.

Thanks
The key is low intensity ONLY... Which is measured by your hear rate during the workout. The real lasting benefit of this is incorporating a habit that will serve you well in maintenance. Of course then you have to up your ante!

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-ex...alculator.aspx

Old 09-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 196/182/140

Default thank you

thanks 65X65!!!
Old 09-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #95  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
The key is low intensity ONLY... Which is measured by your hear rate during the workout. The real lasting benefit of this is incorporating a habit that will serve you well in maintenance. Of course then you have to up your ante!

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-ex...alculator.aspx
And just to add to this - you want to add a restricted packet, protein snack (like a HBE) or an IP compliant protein shake within an hour of exercise, to replace the calories burned. The goal of exercise on IP shouldn't be further weight loss, but muscle tone and as 65X65 mentioned, forming consistent habits before you hit maintenance.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #96  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

I am going to attempted to make tortilla or flat bread whatever its called out of cauliflower tonight. I cant imagine how it will taste or if it will actually work. We'll see. I have had the faux mashed potatoes using cauliflower and love it.

I was on facebook today and was shocked and felt so bad for an old friend of mine. Last year she lost maybe 70 lbs and looked so incredible. She posted a pick today and has gained it all back. My heart sunk for her. She is one thing that gave me inspiration that I could lose this weight. I figured If she could lose anyone could. It scares me so bad about maintenance. I am dedicated to losing and maintaining but, it just scares me. I would be so upset with myself if I failed.

On another note I feel exhausted today. I can't believe how hungry I am. I really just want to go to bed and sleep. I rarely feel like this.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Small vent. My husband decided to go on IP last past Wednesday, which I am super happy about. He only has about 40 pounds to lose but I know that he'll feel so much better with the extra weight gone. My vent is that I'm now creating three separate meals (mine, his, and our daughter's) frequently. Part of this is I'm not used to cooking for more than just me and my daughter since starting this diet (when I started IP he started a major work project and ate out a lot), part of this is because his go-to veggies and mine are different, and part of this is because I'm super happy eating roughly the same thing day in and day out but he prefers a much wider variety. Add in school starting, a new leadership position I've taken on, and he taking a two week vacation and I feel like my handle on IP is all upside down. I know I'll figure this all out again but it's a struggle right now. Still OP and planning to stay that way. Just looking forward to getting a handle on this again. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:03 PM   #98  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by takers View Post
Small vent. My husband decided to go on IP last past Wednesday, which I am super happy about. He only has about 40 pounds to lose but I know that he'll feel so much better with the extra weight gone. My vent is that I'm now creating three separate meals (mine, his, and our daughter's) frequently. Part of this is I'm not used to cooking for more than just me and my daughter since starting this diet (when I started IP he started a major work project and ate out a lot), part of this is because his go-to veggies and mine are different, and part of this is because I'm super happy eating roughly the same thing day in and day out but he prefers a much wider variety. Add in school starting, a new leadership position I've taken on, and he taking a two week vacation and I feel like my handle on IP is all upside down. I know I'll figure this all out again but it's a struggle right now. Still OP and planning to stay that way. Just looking forward to getting a handle on this again. Thanks for letting me vent.
Same happened for me. DH and I don't like the sMe veggies. We at least shared protein at dinner. But packing his lunch. Mine and the kids while he slept in used to really irk me. He didn't stay on it as it didn't work for him so I can't tell you how I sorted out the challenge but I totally hear your frustration.

Maybe you can teach him how to cook?
Old 09-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #99  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I had a great afternoon. DH took me out shopping as we have to go to a work event of his. He picked out all my clothes and the sales girl was so impressed. It was great to have to throw things out of the change room and ask for a smaller size. I got a $300 leather jacket for $90 too. I need some major help. I have no idea what to dress my body in.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

takers I totally get how you feel. I am always cooking separate meals. My husband does ZERO cooking. My son is picky, my dh hates most veggies and can eat anything without gaining, and I have to watch what I eat. Eating what they ate is a large part of what got me to this weight. I'm still making meals for them, and my own IP meals. Very difficult some days!
Old 09-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 168/148.4/148

To those making multiple meals for family members...I feel your pain. And the only person I can blame is myself for allowing the little dictators in my home take over at meal time. I am lucky that my husband will eat whatever I am making for myself and I will usually roast him some sweet potatoes to go along with it. Dependent on my frustration tolerance & energy level, I will usually do something different for the kiddos if it is something they won't eat. I wish I could be hardcore & have the approach that when they're hungry, they'll eat whatever they're served, but it's not in my at this point.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 168/148.4/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
And just to add to this - you want to add a restricted packet, protein snack (like a HBE) or an IP compliant protein shake within an hour of exercise, to replace the calories burned. The goal of exercise on IP shouldn't be further weight loss, but muscle tone and as 65X65 mentioned, forming consistent habits before you hit maintenance.
Hi Scorbett - to clarify, after you exercise you eat your only restricted of the day, correct? You don't get 2 restricteds if you exercise. Do I have that straight?
Old 09-07-2014, 08:36 PM   #103  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAvery View Post
Hi Scorbett - to clarify, after you exercise you eat your only restricted of the day, correct? You don't get 2 restricteds if you exercise. Do I have that straight?
Not exactly...

You always get one (and only one) restricted per day

If you exercise, add an ADDITIONAL unrestricted packet/product, within 1 hour of exercise.

So if you normally have 3 packets per day (1 unrestricted), and add exercise, you would have 4 packets a day (3 unrestricted, 1 restricted).
Old 09-07-2014, 09:07 PM   #104  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

I am a frustrated personal chef to a picky hubby and two mildly picky kids. I am/was not a picky eater, so it's hard for me to understand texture/taste issues. Luckily, my kiddos eat veggies and healthy foods (and of course junk food too) but my daughter loves cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, and broccoli, where my son loves cucumbers, peas, corn, and green beans. My daughter can really make eating a power struggle, so it's a fine balance to walk between forcing her to eat what I fix and sitting at the table for 2 hours straight mashing up cold peas....Gaaaaaah!

ChipnDip.....I have NO idea what to wear! I did order from a company called StitchFix that is a personal shopper via the internet. You fill out a style profile, your sizes and other info you think might help your style consultant make good choices for you. Like, I sent a note stating that I'd recently lost 35+ pounds and need help!!!! For $20, they will send you five hand-picked items. If you choose any of them, the $20 is deducted from the cost of the clothes. If you hate them all, well you're out $20. You ship the rest back free of charge. I'm super excited to get my first "fix" in about a week! They go up to size 16 currently.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #105  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

According to my home scale this morning, i have lost 10% of my original weight. When I started IP, I couldn't imagine going without my favorite foods (diet coke, ice cream, yogurt, nuts, beans, french fries) for months. So, I decided to give it a month and switch to WW if I had to. At the month mark, I decided to stick it out until I hit 10%. Now that I am here on day 48, it seems completely possible to do this for the long haul.
I am getting a little tired of my go-to veggies, so I have to mix it up a little this week and I am going to be trying some packet recipes too.
Thanks to all the regular posters and long term IPers for leading the way!

Now I am going to cross my fingers that my official weigh-in shows the same number. I can't wait to enter it into the challange spreadsheet!
Closed Thread