Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Today is my weigh-in and I'm sure hoping I lose at least 3 lbs. I'm having a helluva day at work but now on my lunch break I'm going to try to walk over to the market and buy me some beads. A bead shop is closing and having 50% off. The other day I bought a leather fringed purse (revisiting my old hippy days) and I want to get silver beads to put on the fringes. I was actually thinking of getting them and adding 1 bead for each pound I lose. I love to have visual reminders like that. I actually buy myself a silver bangle for each ten pounds and I wear them 24/7.

When I lost 50 pounds in 2003 I was buying gold bangles and as I lost weight everyone was counting my bangles and cheering me on. I've moved to silver now and I have one and owe myself one.

And then tonight after work, after my weigh in, i go pick up my new car! Yay!

Geez I sound like a major shopaholic here. But I really had to get rid of my old car before winter. I only got $300 on the tradein so you can guess how bad it was.

I love the bracelet idea!! I may have to steal it from you! (the idea not your bracelets ) The bead idea is cute too. I've been wanting to steal an idea that I saw on pinterest, 2 glass jars, one says lbs lost, the other says lbs to lose and you put the colored glass rock thingys in them. I think that's cute and a good visual.

Enjoy your new car....purse....bracelets.....LOL

edit: Good luck on your WI

Last edited by Kellyc14; 09-04-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #17  

I bought the WF PB to put on my celery...... YUCK!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
It must be close to TOM because I have the hungries today!!! It's only 11 and I have already eaten ALL (that I brought to work today) of my food! Which poses a question..... how far apart should the packets be and if you eat them too close together will it hurt you??? or mess with you???
Looks like the whoosh fairy is about to make an appearance! She usually shows up when you've had a really hungry day (or more) in that week...
I don't think it will hurt you per se to have packets more closely together, just that it is a buy now pay later plan... And making that payment later may be very difficult (just make sure the family dog is safely out of sight... And chewing distance...)
Old 09-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #19  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Today is my weigh-in and I'm sure hoping I lose at least 3 lbs. I'm having a helluva day at work but now on my lunch break I'm going to try to walk over to the market and buy me some beads. A bead shop is closing and having 50% off. The other day I bought a leather fringed purse (revisiting my old hippy days) and I want to get silver beads to put on the fringes. I was actually thinking of getting them and adding 1 bead for each pound I lose. I love to have visual reminders like that. I actually buy myself a silver bangle for each ten pounds and I wear them 24/7.
I did the same thing on my first go-around with IP - for me it was Alex & Ani bracelets, I got one for every 10lbs and then one special one when I hit goal. It was a GREAT visual reminder...and sometimes I wonder if my backsliding was made worse because I stopped wearing them. I'm bringing them in to the store to get cleaned tomorrow and I am wearing them again! No going back this time

I've been super tired the last few days - meant to stay up last night and knock out homework for my online classes, ended up passing out on the couch as soon as the kids went to bed. I have fatigue issues already because of my hypothyroidism, so it's frustrating when it gets worse...but I'm pushing through, hopefully it's just a temporary issue until my hormones find their happy place again
Old 09-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #20  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 320/279.7/200

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! This is my day 4 and I have to say I feel pretty lucky! I have not had one headache, or hungry spell while on this diet. I started getting a yucky sour metallic taste in my mouth yesterday afternoon, and think I might now be in Ketosis. I feel amazing, although I'm up several times a night running to the bathroom.

I do have one thing.. I get a little hungry (Not the OMG I'm going to eat your cat, hungry) around 330 or 400 and I was wondering if it would be ok to switch my evening snack to that time since I seem to have to force myself to have it in the evening.

Oh! And would it be ok for me to start a thread just for myself to keep myself motivated? Kind of like a diary thread?

Last edited by Imanadams; 09-04-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefreshingMe View Post
Looks like the whoosh fairy is about to make an appearance! She usually shows up when you've had a really hungry day (or more) in that week...
I don't think it will hurt you per se to have packets more closely together, just that it is a buy now pay later plan... And making that payment later may be very difficult (just make sure the family dog is safely out of sight... And chewing distance...)

I'll take a visit from the fairy!!!

I'm safe while here at work, there is no food! and i'll start dinner as soon as I get home. So my dog (and cat) will be safe!!
Old 09-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanadams View Post
Good morning everyone! This is my day 4 and I have to say I feel pretty lucky! I have not had one headache, or hungry spell while on this diet. I started getting a yucky sour metallic taste in my mouth yesterday afternoon, and think I might now be in Ketosis. I feel amazing, although I'm up several times a night running to the bathroom.

I do have one thing.. I get a little hungry (Not the OMG I'm going to eat your cat, hungry) around 330 or 400 and I was wondering if it would be ok to switch my evening snack to that time since I seem to have to force myself to have it in the evening.

It's absolutely OK to switch your snack time!!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #23  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 320/279.7/200

Thank you! I'm excited to be here!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #24  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

I love all the ideas of ways to signify weight loss. I haven't done ANYTHING to signify my journey....well, I guess I got a pedicure every 10-15lbs or so. Not terribly exciting (but if you saw my feet before!

I just came back from a cleaning at the dentist (I really hate going...terrible anxiety). I have an old filling that needs to be replaced, and I have put it off for a WHOLE YEAR! No more, I am scheduled to have it done in two weeks. Time to prioritize my health again!

Speaking of that, I have discovered a few lumps in one of my breasts this weekend. They are mildly painful, and I suspect they are hormonally related (have had other hormonal cysts before) - but somewhat disconcerting nonetheless. I go in next week to get them checked.....haven't been for a "well women" check up in quite some time also, so they scheduled me for the whole deal. Before, they did ultrasounds since I was younger (prekids) and had "dense" tissue. Now, they could be pancaked for a mammogram no problem after losing 40+ pounds, lol!

I am also feeling somewhat jittery and more anxious then normal (maybe it was school starting, the lumps, the dentist?)...and it dawned on me I may need to get my thyroid rechecked again since I am also dropping weight more rapidly than I had before. I have Hashimotos, and that can cause hyperthyroid issues also. Blah.

Good news though is that can start at my new health club tomorrow! Well, except I guess they don't have child care on Fridays (grrrrrrrr....when I'm off work and my daughter is off school). But I HAVE to make working out a priority now that I'm moving into maintenance.

Take care all and keep up the hard work and building those resistance muscles!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #25  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:

Oh! And would it be ok for me to start a thread just for myself to keep myself motivated? Kind of like a diary thread?
I eat my snacks according to when I'm hungry... makes sense to switch a packet to your hungry times... If you would like to keep a diary, I believe you can write a blog here on 3Fc's somewhere... I'm not sure how to do it but it shouldn't be hard to figure out.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #26  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Quote:
It must be close to TOM because I have the hungries today!!! It's only 11 and I have already eaten ALL (that I brought to work today) of my food! Which poses a question..... how far apart should the packets be and if you eat them too close together will it hurt you??? or mess with you???
I also have the hungries today. Had to have my lunch packet at 11, and just ate my veggies. I have a meeting tonight right after work until 830 so I hope my afternoon snack will hold me over through that until I can get home and eat dinner. When I first tried the EAS Carb Advantedge shakes I thought they were giving me the hungries, but I thought it could also be something else. Now I'm trying to incorporate alts more regularly and have had one every day this week, and I've definitely been more hungry than normal. Has anyone else had a problem with them? I know a lot of people use them without issue so I don't know what the deal is. I'll keep using them until I get through my stash and see if the hungries go away.

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 09-04-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #27  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Absolutely!! As long as you get all your food in everyday, how you break it up is totally up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Hi everyone!

I love all the ideas of ways to signify weight loss. I haven't done ANYTHING to signify my journey....well, I guess I got a pedicure every 10-15lbs or so. Not terribly exciting (but if you saw my feet before!

I just came back from a cleaning at the dentist (I really hate going...terrible anxiety). I have an old filling that needs to be replaced, and I have put it off for a WHOLE YEAR! No more, I am scheduled to have it done in two weeks. Time to prioritize my health again!

Speaking of that, I have discovered a few lumps in one of my breasts this weekend. They are mildly painful, and I suspect they are hormonally related (have had other hormonal cysts before) - but somewhat disconcerting nonetheless. I go in next week to get them checked.....haven't been for a "well women" check up in quite some time also, so they scheduled me for the whole deal. Before, they did ultrasounds since I was younger (prekids) and had "dense" tissue. Now, they could be pancaked for a mammogram no problem after losing 40+ pounds, lol!

I am also feeling somewhat jittery and more anxious then normal (maybe it was school starting, the lumps, the dentist?)...and it dawned on me I may need to get my thyroid rechecked again since I am also dropping weight more rapidly than I had before. I have Hashimotos, and that can cause hyperthyroid issues also. Blah.

Good news though is that can start at my new health club tomorrow! Well, except I guess they don't have child care on Fridays (grrrrrrrr....when I'm off work and my daughter is off school). But I HAVE to make working out a priority now that I'm moving into maintenance.

Good luck on your screenings! I have Hashi's too, but mine was caught too late to prevent it from becoming full blown hypothyroid. I don't get the hyper/hypo swings but once we figured out what was going on and went back over my health history the previous 10 years, I could TOTALLY track those swings based on my weight and energy levels.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #28  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Quote:
I love the bracelet idea!! I may have to steal it from you! (the idea not your bracelets ) The bead idea is cute too. I've been wanting to steal an idea that I saw on pinterest, 2 glass jars, one says lbs lost, the other says lbs to lose and you put the colored glass rock thingys in them. I think that's cute and a good visual.

Enjoy your new car....purse....bracelets.....LOL

edit: Good luck on your WI
I like that glass jar idea but I'd have to have a pretty ginormous jar for the pounds to lose rocks - unless they are very little rocks. I really like that idea and I think I'll steal that too!

I went to the bead store but the sale wasn't all encompassing and they didn't have silver beads. So I'll have to go to Michael's and try there.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #29  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Hi everyone!

Drugs are your friend! No dentist gets near me even for a check up unless I have at least laughing gas. And any real work requires valium as well. I choose my dentist by their willingness to give me hard core drugs.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #30  

Quote:
I like that glass jar idea but I'd have to have a pretty ginormous jar for the pounds to lose rocks - unless they are very little rocks. I really like that idea and I think I'll steal that too!

I went to the bead store but the sale wasn't all encompassing and they didn't have silver beads. So I'll have to go to Michael's and try there.
lol they aren't very big. They sell them at Walmart, Michaels, etc... the colored glass stones....you can put them in vases etc... Geez i'm so good at descriptions! lol
Closed Thread