Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Can someone PLEASE explain to me how you multi quote. Yeah, it's a blonde moment. LOL

I guess this is an NVS.. Now that my rear has shrunk considerable I can't sit for very long..Car rides are a killer. No padding back there. LOL

Jemma: From one blonde to another! At the beginning of the Daily thread there is a link that says something about best quoting ever. You can read that. This is how I multi-quote, click the "+ button (next to the quote button) on the right hand corner of the person you want to quote, do that for each one. On the last one, just click the quote button. Then they should all show up in the reply box. That's how I do it. Maybe there is a cleaner way but this works for me.

Congrats to Sgrealtor, momcat63. Losses are great!

Kissi: I broke into the 150's this weekend. Super exciting! Official WI isn't til Saturday so I'll see where I'm at then and change my ticker. Keeping my fingers crossed for a whoosh for you!

Liana: I read that study and am so glad to see that someone somewhere is finally getting it. Now if we could just get our doctors on board instead of them telling us "just eat a healthy balanced diet and exercise 6 days a week".
Old 09-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx momma View Post
My husband is the kind of person that can lose weight fairly easily and doesn't understand why I'm torturing myself with this diet. They got pizza one night...
I just want to keep myself motivated, and this seems like a good place to vent!
I'm excited to be here and really enjoy reading everyone's successes! It makes me want to stick with this.
Firstly, , secondly... Please don't think of the diet as torture... You are doing yourself a huge favor, definitely not torturing yourself. Getting a family on the same page in this endeavour is difficult but integral to your success. It is wonderful that you are a recipe hunter- that will help! There is a cauliflower pizza crust that can be made with the crispy cereal packet... Or the potato purée can be turned into a tortilla with the addition of water or egg whites. Try and find recipes that allow all of you to eat together (and enjoy it!). Tacos, pizza, shredded pork, zucchini noodles on pasta night... Mashed cauliflower in lieu of potatoes (throw some cheese in your hubby's and the boys). Try new things until you find the items that work for all of you- and post often!- it really does help

Last edited by RefreshingMe; 09-04-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:29 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 163/141/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 54 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Liana: I read that study and am so glad to see that someone somewhere is finally getting it. Now if we could just get our doctors on board instead of them telling us "just eat a healthy balanced diet and exercise 6 days a week".
Hi Catlady (& others who might have a prob with their docs): You might want to copy that article for your doc... just sayin'... if he/she has an open enough mind to look. If you tell them it's from NIH you might get somewhere, so they don't think it's some whacko trying to sell something with a trumped up 'study.'
Old 09-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #64  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I'm sorry for all those feeling the hungries lately. You will hate to hear that I am just the opposite this week. I'm actually eating by the clock, realizing if I don't get my veggies in soon it will be time for the dinner ones. Almost forgetting my evening snack because I'm just not hungry. I used to be starving mid morning and more than ready for dinner. I will embrace it while it lasts.

Tried the peanut butter soy puffs (only took 26 weeks!). They were good, especially because I've been making my son pb sandwiches and fighting the urge to lick my fingers.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:55 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

WI is tomorrow! It's going to be so much better than it was Sunday morning! It's been an OP week since then!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
For me, it is more like 95/5
Lisa - totally agree with you on the 95 eating healthy plan and 5 gym. My gym coach talks about 80/20 and I don't thin she has had a weight issue and has always been active. I see the gym being critical in my success as a maintainer and for my own mental well being.

So many awesome posts today congratulations to all of those that lost and had great NSV. I am hungry for salsa and pesto after reading those yummy receives. Welcome to those that are just joining for the first or second time.

Eve - I'm glad you are getting a full check up next week. I have dense breasts and pretty much have stopped checking myself cuz I always feel something and just get my dr to do it.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:12 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 200/186/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi all~ After a rough Day 8 for me, it's nice to get on here and read everyone else's posts. I've been struggling with my veggies the last couple of days. Can someone point me in the right direction for more ideas?
On a happier note... Did my first big grocery store trip since starting and didn't crave things or feel sorry for myself!

Last edited by My3blessings; 09-04-2014 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Added :)
Old 09-04-2014, 11:18 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Have a look a "what Re you eating today" for IP compliant menu ideas. There are some very creative ways people are doing veggies like adding spinach to IP shake for breakfast, adding them to IP soup packets.
It gets easier hang in there.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 198/147/145

Height: 5'8.5"

Congrats on all the losses everyone! NSV for me, there has been birthday cake in my fridge leftover from my daughters birthday this weekend and I haven't touched it. On a personal note my husband brought home 11 new family members last night, one mama hen and her ten chicks! I am excited to have fresh eggs this spring.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:44 AM   #70  
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I'm sorry for all those feeling the hungries lately. You will hate to hear that I am just the opposite this week. I'm actually eating by the clock, realizing if I don't get my veggies in soon it will be time for the dinner ones. Almost forgetting my evening snack because I'm just not hungry. I used to be starving mid morning and more than ready for dinner. I will embrace it while it lasts. .
I forgot to eat today & ended up on a goofy schedule but got it all in.
Goodness knows the times I'm not hungry are few & far between. I'll take it!
Closed Thread