3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 9/4/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/299014-ip-daily-chat-thursday-9-4-2014-a.html)

scorbett1103 09-04-2014 04:51 PM

LOVE hearing about all of those pounds gone away! Awesome job :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nat1015 (Post 5065288)
Having the IP salt helped alleviate that for me. If I start feeling tired, I usually have either the salt mixed with water (which honestly is kind of yucky) or I'll just put it on a spoon or my hand and take it that way with a water chaser. Good Luck! You can do this!

Hadn't thought of salt to try and alleviate the fatigue...will have to give that a roll today if I get wiped out!

lisa32989 09-04-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy1014 (Post 5065283)
Hi all,

I posted on the newcomers thread but wanted to chime in here as well. I am starting IP after many years of losing and regaining with other diets. I am inspired by the success I have seen some friends and co-workers have with IP and also everything I am reading here - especially those of you who have shared before and after pictures - wow!

I'm on day 3, tired and hungry, but I hear things turn around after the first week or so. I do think it will take longer than that to get used to not having a big serving of something carboy at every meal!

Glad you joined in here! Welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imanadams (Post 5065166)
Oh! And would it be ok for me to start a thread just for myself to keep myself motivated? Kind of like a diary thread?

3FC has a blog feature. This may be more what you are looking for

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 (Post 5065229)
Got my Whoosh
Down 4 this week, putting me under 250 finally!

Congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FitMom02 (Post 5065261)
What a supportive thread!

Hope you don't mind me joining you. I really need some support in getting back on track. I've lost weight before on IP & maintained for a small period of time before resorting to my old habits. My problem lately is getting on plan. I have been trying for a few months now...I'll do good for a day, then sabotage myself with thoughts of trying another plan (like working out & eating healthy like I did a few years ago). I just remember how WONDERFUL it felt to lose the weight, and not have the unhealthy cravings I have now. I can't wait to get back to that!

Well, I meet with my coach this afternoon (again). I'm afraid of the weigh in. My coach has been nothing but supportive. She is amazing! I'm starting right after my meeting with her. This time, I am going to up my maintenance weight from 115 to at least 120. All of my friends & family members have told me that I was way too thin.

So glad you joined in! There are currently several people rebooting. You fit right in!

lisa32989 09-04-2014 05:02 PM

Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

September 4, 2014 - Think Thin Thursday Tip

Important reminder – if you’re inconsistent with your eating, exercise may help prevent the scale from going up but it likely won’t enable the scale to actually go down. If your goal is to lose weight, then your eating is the key, not your time logged in the gym.

Taye168 09-04-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5065324)
September 4, 2014 - Think Thin Thursday Tip

Important reminder – if you’re inconsistent with your eating, exercise may help prevent the scale from going up but it likely won’t enable the scale to actually go down. If your goal is to lose weight, then your eating is the key, not your time logged in the gym.

Great reminder!

I heard somewhere that it is 80% diet and 20% exercise to help the scale go down.

lisa32989 09-04-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taye168 (Post 5065340)
Great reminder!

I heard somewhere that it is 80% diet and 20% exercise to help the scale go down.

For me, it is more like 95/5 :D

canadjineh 09-04-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imanadams (Post 5065166)

I do have one thing.. I get a little hungry (Not the OMG I'm going to eat your cat, hungry) around 330 or 400 and I was wondering if it would be ok to switch my evening snack to that time since I seem to have to force myself to have it in the evening.

Oh! And would it be ok for me to start a thread just for myself to keep myself motivated? Kind of like a diary thread?

You can do a 3FC blog for free and journal/chart your inspirations and activities, etc. Just click the 'Free Diet Blogs' on the purple bar that includes the log out spot at the top of the page. That way there won't be any clogging up of the boards (that doesn't sound the way I mean it, but I can't think of any other way to express it... sorry!). Your blog can still be available to 3FC friends (or others if you choose to link it for them).

I always used the snack at 4ish pm because that was my major HUNGRIES time. Had a cup of herbal tea at bedtime for a night 'snack.' My coach said it was a perfect idea as the snack is meant to keep you from being too hungry at your own 'tough time.' I think many like to snack in front of the TV at night, that's why they suggest it for later in the day. My nighttime snacking pre-IP was mainly habit and not hungries so I just needed to rework my mindset for that.

Liana

canadjineh 09-04-2014 06:24 PM

New York Times article from 3 days ago

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/02/he...diet.html?_r=0

A relatively quick read about the latest study from the National Institutes of Health. A lot of great click-on links about HDL (the good cholesterol), triglycerides, Framingham Risk scores, atherosclerosis, and metabolic syndrome in this study. The low carb style diet in this study was closer to IP than Atkins.

I found this very interesting...
quote "In the end, people in the low-carbohydrate group saw markers of inflammation and triglycerides — a type of fat that circulates in the blood — plunge. Their HDL, the so-called good cholesterol, rose more sharply than it did for people in the low-fat group."

Liana

Mx momma 09-04-2014 07:28 PM

Hi everyone! I just joined 3FC because I wanted to see a recipe. I started IP on Aug. 18, and so far have lost 9 1/2 lbs.! :D
I see everyone on here is so supportive, and that's why I'm posting. I need help! I am a wife and mother of two boys, 15 & 12. My husband is the kind of person that can lose weight fairly easily and doesn't understand why I'm torturing myself with this diet. They got pizza one night and I had to put myself to bed so I didn't eat any. He told me that I was being stupid and that he would run every single day just to eat normal food. Well, if that worked for me, I wouldn't be in this situation! I've done the "eat right and exercise" diet numerous times. Every time, the weight slooowly comes off, then I plateau, get frustrated, and quit! That's the story of my adult life!
Before I turn this into a book, I just want to keep myself motivated, and this seems like a good place to vent!
Thanks for reading! I'm excited to be here and really enjoy reading everyone's successes! It makes me want to stick with this.
Btw...my husband is proud of me for trying, he just isn't very supportive of the method. :club: ;):rolleyes:

SkyeAvery 09-04-2014 07:40 PM

wow! What inspiring posts - congratulations to both those who have had losses as well as to all those having a great OP day!

Today was a bit out of the ordinary as I was home with a bear thinly disguised as an ill child so my usual routine was blown (with NO lettuce in the house - tragedy for me). Grateful to have been able to read everyone's successes & positive words & stay on track-

Stanski 09-04-2014 08:12 PM

MX momma: I feel your pain. My husband has no weight issues. He's 6'3" and eats pretty much what ever he wants. He can go running 4X a week for 2 weeks and loose 20 lbs. I've been on IP since the middle of July and I just reached 20 lbs lost. He is supportive, but he also eats ice cream and cookies in front of me, which drives me crazy. I guess that's life. I know I have eating issues, but I feel that now IP has given me the tools to conquer my food issues. Good luck in your journey....and remember...we are all here for you!!!!!

Kellyc14 09-04-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mx momma (Post 5065382)
Hi everyone! I just joined 3FC because I wanted to see a recipe. I started IP on Aug. 18, and so far have lost 9 1/2 lbs.! :D
I see everyone on here is so supportive, and that's why I'm posting. I need help! I am a wife and mother of two boys, 15 & 12. My husband is the kind of person that can lose weight fairly easily and doesn't understand why I'm torturing myself with this diet. They got pizza one night and I had to put myself to bed so I didn't eat any. He told me that I was being stupid and that he would run every single day just to eat normal food. Well, if that worked for me, I wouldn't be in this situation! I've done the "eat right and exercise" diet numerous times. Every time, the weight slooowly comes off, then I plateau, get frustrated, and quit! That's the story of my adult life!
Before I turn this into a book, I just want to keep myself motivated, and this seems like a good place to vent!
Thanks for reading! I'm excited to be here and really enjoy reading everyone's successes! It makes me want to stick with this.
Btw...my husband is proud of me for trying, he just isn't very supportive of the method. :club: ;):rolleyes:

:welcome: you are in the right place!!!! You'll get tons of support and inspiration here!!! Your husband sounds like mine, he used to tell me all I needed to do was eat less and exercise. Now he's a believer and totally supports and encourages me. Glad you've joined us!!!!!

jemma51 09-04-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evemomma (Post 5065177)
Hi everyone!

I love all the ideas of ways to signify weight loss. I haven't done ANYTHING to signify my journey....well, I guess I got a pedicure every 10-15lbs or so. Not terribly exciting (but if you saw my feet before!

I just came back from a cleaning at the dentist (I really hate going...terrible anxiety). I have an old filling that needs to be replaced, and I have put it off for a WHOLE YEAR! No more, I am scheduled to have it done in two weeks. Time to prioritize my health again!

Speaking of that, I have discovered a few lumps in one of my breasts this weekend. They are mildly painful, and I suspect they are hormonally related (have had other hormonal cysts before) - but somewhat disconcerting nonetheless. I go in next week to get them checked.....haven't been for a "well women" check up in quite some time also, so they scheduled me for the whole deal. Before, they did ultrasounds since I was younger (prekids) and had "dense" tissue. Now, they could be pancaked for a mammogram no problem after losing 40+ pounds, lol!

I am also feeling somewhat jittery and more anxious then normal (maybe it was school starting, the lumps, the dentist?)...and it dawned on me I may need to get my thyroid rechecked again since I am also dropping weight more rapidly than I had before. I have Hashimotos, and that can cause hyperthyroid issues also. Blah.

Good news though is that can start at my new health club tomorrow! Well, except I guess they don't have child care on Fridays (grrrrrrrr....when I'm off work and my daughter is off school). But I HAVE to make working out a priority now that I'm moving into maintenance.

Take care all and keep up the hard work and building those resistance muscles!

I too hate the dentist and put it off until I can't. I get anxiety everytime I go. I can also relate to putting off my womens health. I don't have health insurance so I don't go. I'm sorry that you are feeling anxious about your lumps. I have been told by friends that if it hurts not to worry as much. It is when you have a lump that doesn't hurt. Just what I;ve heard. I will pray that it all turns out okay for you.

jemma51 09-04-2014 08:27 PM

I too have had the hungries all week. Not sure why because I wasn't feeling like that for a while. I just thought it was from going back to work and being on my feet all day. I just drink tons of water until dinner time.

I also like the idea of bracelets for lbs lost. I wear silver bangles that I never ever take off. I wear six of them so, if I have one for every 5lbs lost i can buy myself a new one soon. :carrot: Trying hard to get out of the 160's, I don't have any idea when I was in the 150's. I went through many many years were weight didn;t matter to me at all. I was okay with being chubby and my husband didn't care. Most people can tell you when they weighed what but, I have no clue. In fact I didn't own a scale. I did lose some weight about 12 years ago but, I wasn't as heavy as I let myself get recently. It wasn't until a year after my husband passed that I went through a breakdown that I lost weight again. I just stopped eating all together without even realizing I was. Only kept it off for two years through. So, I need a new bracelet.

jemma51 09-04-2014 08:30 PM

Can someone PLEASE explain to me how you multi quote. Yeah, it's a blonde moment. LOL

I guess this is an NVS.. Now that my rear has shrunk considerable I can't sit for very long..Car rides are a killer. No padding back there. LOL:carrot:

shrinkingsusie 09-04-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieGee (Post 5065205)
I like that glass jar idea but I'd have to have a pretty ginormous jar for the pounds to lose rocks - unless they are very little rocks. I really like that idea and I think I'll steal that too!

I went to the bead store but the sale wasn't all encompassing and they didn't have silver beads. So I'll have to go to Michael's and try there.

I have the glass jars with stones on my dresser. It's a great visual every morning!