3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP daily chat Tuesday 9/2/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/298969-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-9-2-2014-a.html)

Mad4Lean 09-02-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce (Post 5063919)
Had my first 0 loss today at weekly WI, but lost 1/2 an inch in my waist. When I started I was a 42 inch waist, and now I'm at 34 1/2. We pulled the measure out to 42 inches just so I could see the difference. It's amazing I could even see my feet! I don't feel discouraged at all, I know this is all part of it. Maybe it'll be a big loss next week.

Congratulations! Wow! :carrot:

Ariel13 09-02-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 (Post 5064312)
Ordered some more Quest!! With free shipping, I used code: workout.
So I've been looking up Paleo recipes and I really think once I reach maintence I will follow their cookbook. A lot of its all nature whole foods (Caveman Food)

Shelby, I've read in the forum, that many IP dieters choose to follow a Paleo diet, I've never seen the recipes, but it makes sense because we're eating lots of nature foods not really the processed ones. I don't know, maybe I will end up LOVING and CRAVING veggies? ;)

oneuh2 09-02-2014 10:47 PM

What lively discussion on this Daily thread today!!
Jenna - be sure to thank your BF for sharing... and then keep on keeping on!

IdealProteinNewbie and Nat1015 - Thanks a bunch for the ideas for the Potato Puree -- from past posts you all you guys know that transforming packets is becoming a new hobby for me... :)

Today was a new biggie for me - kind of a NSV - I returned to exercise class. My IP clinic is called Kinetic Fitness Solutions, and most of the IP coaches are also fitness trainers. They are very clear about the exercise limitations on P1, and they have developed a small class workout environment for those of us in the weight loss phase. It is amazing how whipped I felt doing something as simple as walking 50ft lifting knees to chest, and then the same 50ft bending my leg behind me with each step, and then the same 50ft with a straight leg lift forward on each step, and then one more time with sort of a turnout motion with the bent knee. These were simple moves - they challenged my ability to balance, yet I was able to talk with no problem.... then we did some stand up moves (look Ma! no hands), and a few simple kettlebell exercises.... like walking that 50ft holding the bell in one hand and then switching hands and walking the same 50ft, repeat for a total of 7 minutes.... simple moves, but I sure can feel it as I sit here on my Lazyboy and talk to you guys thru my computer. I am gonna sleep well tonite.

I am having an extra (4th) IP choc drink due to the totally unusual level of physical activity. My coach Josh recommends that I start out just coming twice a week to the class, and when I feel I can add a 3rd session go ahead and do that.

This is so good for me - over the past 2 years I have let age take hold and really begin to affect the quality of my life. I want to get moving and keep moving so that my remaining years can be full and rich. Having this managed approach to getting my fitness back, concurrently with my IP journey is exactly where I want to be right now.

I am jazzed!:flow2:

MntRose 09-03-2014 12:14 AM

question about MyFitnessPal

I have been gone quite a while and just decided to renew my efforts. I have realized I have to get back to reading the forums daily, even if its just a fast skim. I also realize I have to get back to logging everything I eat in MyFitnessPal. Started yesterday and was right at 1000 calories and it seemed fine. Today though when I clicked that I was done with the day, it is scolding me about my calories and that I need to eat at least 1000 calories. Is there some way to turn that off? I don't really want to see that every day.

RefreshingMe 09-03-2014 12:30 AM

I had my 2nd weigh in yesterday. I almost cancelled my appt to reschedule for today because I knew I was retaining water. I'd had a particularly salty meal care of my MIL and though I drank a boatload of water my feet remained feeling like bloated balls. As weightloss can be such a mental game and I am ever trying to put the odds in my favor I wanted the extra day to let the retention subsist so that I might view a lower scale number. But decided to suck it up and put on my big girl panties and go to my weigh in. It was a 2.2 loss. And an inch on the waist. I'll take it! Then got home and was bequeathed with TOM... For the first time since May 2013 (I was pregnant/ bf'ing from then til the beginning of August). And I was actually happy to see it. Another sign my body is getting back to itself. Though I'm really really hoping it doesn't come to visit 3 times a month as it has with others here!
johnsdeere- in the original IP protocol Phase 2 began when 80% of total weight loss had been achieved. This was later changed and eventually put where it is now. Phase 2 commences when goal is attained through Phase 1. My experience? I followed Phase 1 to goal. My first week of Phase 2 I broke even. Which was by far my lowest point- up to that time I had consistent 1-3 pound losses per week. I thought perhaps I had eaten too many protein calories and reduced my protein intake to either fish or eggs for my second week of P2. I lost 2 pounds that week. I lost again my first week of P3- fairly unexpectedly as I was under the impression that the reintroduction of carbs was almost guaranteed to make me gain. Second week P3 lost again. First week P4 lost again. By the time I began maintenance second week I was 9 pounds under goal. So... I know you can lose in all the phases. Phase 2 was pushed down to begin at goal because typically losses are smaller than in Phase 1 and it was having a detrimental effect on the number of people who were completing the program. Phase 2 is not nearly as simple as Phase 1 and takes quite a bit more planning. In Phase 3 I felt like I was way overfull at breakfast and starving for the rest of the day. That is to say I was excited to 'graduate' to each new IP phase... But they all have their foibles. There is no doubt our bodies can become accustomed to the diet and changing things up a bit (eating proteins with more/ less fat, eating 'real' food instead of a packet ala P2) can sometimes shake the pounds loose if a plateau has been hit.
Another thing to keep in mind with plateaus... Take note of the weight- if you have ever previously in life spent a good deal of time at that weight your body will 'stick' to it and it can take a long while to push through this stickiness.
Whether you choose to use P1 or P2 to follow through to goal just keep in mind it is more important to reach goal than it is how you get there. It has been proven that maintainers who reach goal are more likely to succeed than those who do not.
ariel- you will love veggies- your body is showing you how much it loves them already. Your taste buds will catch up- just give them time!