Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 06:08 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Thurs 10/9/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-09-2014, 06:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Hi all - I'm responding to some of the posts from yesterday about sleep and TOM. I thought it was just me but I am having horrible TOM emotions that seem much more pronounced AND I am waking up every morning at 4:30 on the dot. My older son has always been an early riser so I had reset my clock to about 6:00 to wake up with him but now we're both waking up at 4:30. I asked my coach about the hormones and she told me that does happen to people but didn't offer any relief. I didn't even think to ask about the sleep. And, I didn't think about the moon.

I had my weigh in a day early yesterday as we are travelling for a long Columbus day weekend. It was my TOM so I only lost .6 lbs which is the same thing that happened to me last month so I think normal for me. My "fat/muscle" ratio improved a lot but not sure I put too much stock in that but my coach did ... and I lost some partial inches in my arms and hips. So, I'm happy but sleepy and grumpy also :->
Old 10-09-2014, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning fellow IP peeps!

Sleep - so I have the opposite going on...before IP I was up half the night. Probably the extra pounds now I pretty much go to bed and maybe wake once for a potty break. I am an early riser anyway so I am usually awake by 5:30.

WI for me today. Last one before my California wedding travels. This morning I need to make sure I have the proper IP packets for travel before I head to the clinic.....

Will check in later with results

Forgot to mention today I am wearing a shirt from old navy ~ a regular store~ size XL. Holy Cow! Been a very, very long time since I have shopped there....

Last edited by Sgrealtor1; 10-09-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/208/136

Morning everyone. Last night hubby and I went out to a Mexican restaurant, I got chicken fajitas minus onion and tortias but hubby cheated and got his normal dish. Last week he cheated too, eating donuts and finger sandwiches yet he still lost 6lbs at WI. I've stayed 100% and lost 6lbs too. I know this isn't a race, but I just want to wack him with a loaf of French bread! Why do guys lose so much faster than women? /rant over
Old 10-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #5  

Hot cop
We can complain about it all we want but it doesn't change those gender differences

The book The Beck Diet plan helps us come to grips with unfairness while dieting. I consider it a must-read for dieting & maintenance
Old 10-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning,

I'm a newbie and I am at midpoint in my second week. I've been lucky so far in that I haven't felt cravings or deprived of anything and I'm not "starving" between meals.

I did however have a horrible first week because on mid day of Day 2 I got a migraine, I was in bed for a few days and could barely eat. My usual meds and a trip to the ER were ineffectual and I was in pain!

I'm sure it was triggered by the drastic change in the food I was eating, but I'm happy to say that while I couldn't eat all the meals as I should have, I never copped out and ate anything not allowed on the plan and I lost 5 pounds.

My second week is better and I am feeling excited about my next WI (Sunday). I am enjoying thinking up different ways to prepare my veggies, and am glad that I, unlike my husband actually enjoy a variety. Otherwise it would get boring fast.

So far my favourites have been coleslaw and cabbage rolls, which have always been favourites of mine. My coleslaw was just cabbage, white vinegar, and S&P but it was still yummy and I was recently reading that Splenda is allowed, so next batch will include a pinch of that. I love that it can just sit in the fridge soaking up the flavour and ready to serve. The deconstructed cabbage rolls were great I didn't even notice the lack of rice!

I hope everyone has a great day and good luck!!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Good Morning,

I'm a newbie and I am at midpoint in my second week. I've been lucky so far in that I haven't felt cravings or deprived of anything and I'm not "starving" between meals.

I did however have a horrible first week because on mid day of Day 2 I got a migraine, I was in bed for a few days and could barely eat. My usual meds and a trip to the ER were ineffectual and I was in pain!

I'm sure it was triggered by the drastic change in the food I was eating, but I'm happy to say that while I couldn't eat all the meals as I should have, I never copped out and ate anything not allowed on the plan and I lost 5 pounds.

My second week is better and I am feeling excited about my next WI (Sunday). I am enjoying thinking up different ways to prepare my veggies, and am glad that I, unlike my husband actually enjoy a variety. Otherwise it would get boring fast.

So far my favourites have been coleslaw and cabbage rolls, which have always been favourites of mine. My coleslaw was just cabbage, white vinegar, and S&P but it was still yummy and I was recently reading that Splenda is allowed, so next batch will include a pinch of that. I love that it can just sit in the fridge soaking up the flavour and ready to serve. The deconstructed cabbage rolls were great I didn't even notice the lack of rice!

It sounds like you're off to a great start! A little tip I read in the recipe section on the boards - you can make "rice" out of cauliflower by grating it up (or using a food processor if you have one). I tried this to make an IP-friendly version of fried rice and barely noticed it wasn't actually rice! Might be fun to try adding to your cabbage rolls.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy1014 View Post
It sounds like you're off to a great start! A little tip I read in the recipe section on the boards - you can make "rice" out of cauliflower by grating it up (or using a food processor if you have one). I tried this to make an IP-friendly version of fried rice and barely noticed it wasn't actually rice! Might be fun to try adding to your cabbage rolls.
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to give it a try. It seems like cauliflower is the Swiss Army knife in the vegetable world.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #9  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Everyone!!

Weigh in tomorrow for me and hoping I break into the 140s. Wow. It seems like yesterday I was moving decades and after the 140s I have only 1 decade left where my goal number is. TOM still hasn't shown up (even though the symptoms are here) so I'm not expecting a major loss but just a couple lbs puts me into the 140s.

I've been craving Mexican Food and Chocolate this go around. I put some chicken in the crockpot with some homemade taco seasoning and am making cauliflower tortillas tonight to get my 'Mexican food' fix in. I'm drinking my EAS Carb Control Chocolate Fudge drink this afternoon to help with the 'chocolate' craving.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

SGRealtor -

Quote:
Sleep - so I have the opposite going on...before IP I was up half the night. Probably the extra pounds now I pretty much go to bed and maybe wake once for a potty break. I am an early riser anyway so I am usually awake by 5:30.
I am the same way. I was going to bed MUCH earlier because I didn't want to be tempted to snack during the night and it was just easier to go to sleep and resist the temptation. It felt good getting more sleep in too. I have found the past couple of months it has been harder to get to sleep earlier but I think that's anxiety.

Let us know about your weighin today. You are seriously BURNING those pounds away!!!!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I would say that the disturbed sleep is good and bad. My naturopath suggested that the liver is most active during the early hours of the morning (around 3am), so if you your liver is being taxed trying to filter toxins (i.e. what may be stored in fat cells) then your liver may wake the rest of your body up.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #11  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

kissi - do you have a good recipe for cauliflower tortillas? I've been DYING to try these! Can you use them like a wrap for a sandwich?

SLEEP. It's funny this has come up lately, because I'm struggling with it as well. I'm flat out exhausted (but, I do work all day then go to school all night). I'm up every other hour it seems. I fall back to sleep quickly, but the frequent wake ups are very tiring. I was thinking maybe it had something to do with the change of seasons - but it sounds like a bunch of you are going through the same thing. Hmm...

Hit the 120's yesterday and I'm shocked - just when I thought I was going to phase off because I'd been stuck around the same weight - BAM! I'm still planning on transitioning to P2 in another week or so, but I'm really happy that I'll be even closer to goal when I do. A woman I work with continued to lose on P2, so maybe I'll even hit goal? I'm not worried about it. It's so nice to finally feel like myself again, I'm not as concerned with the "magic number" anymore.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #12  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

darthkitten

I pretty much follow this recipe. http://slimpalate.com/cauliflower-to...e-gluten-free/

I use 4-6 egg whites instead of 2 eggs sometimes.

Preheat the oven to 375. Pretty much, I get a large cauliflower, cut it in half and then in half again so I have it in quarters. I take two (or three) of those quarters and run my knife alone the edge of the stem next to the florets to get most of the stem gone. Then I put it in the food processor and puree the heck out of it. I measure out two cups (and leave the leftover for cauli rice). Then I put it in the microwave with seran wrap over the top and put it on for like 8 minutes (I have a super old microwave). Then I pull it out and put a dishtowel or cheesecloth in another bowl and pour the cauliflower mixture into that. I put on my silicon oven mitts and then squeeze ALL of the water out. I really think the trick to get them to stick together is this step - get as much water out as you can.

Then I put it back in a mixing bowl with the eggs and I use my hand mixer to mix it up. Then I spread out the cauli-egg mixture with a spoon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I get it pretty thin and it usually makes about 6 fajita sized tortillas. I bake them for about 10 minutes and then pull them out and peel them back and flip them over and bake them for another 5 or so minutes. I pull them out and put them on a wire cooling rack and pop them in a heated skillet on both sides to heat them up again.

The few times I've made them they have held up very well. The cauli pizza crust I made the same way pretty much fell apart and I had to eat it with a fork.

Congrats on hitting the 120s!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #13  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Good Morning,

Try adding WF mayo and yellow mustard if you like a creamy coleslaw. It's my favourite. I also add some celery seed and my EVOO if I haven't used it yet.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Down 2.5 at WI...... .5 away from 45 down. Heck yeah!

So my clinic is no longer doing pre orders which means there is a chance that I may not get my favorites when I want them.. I have quite a bit is stock now and bought a bunch of favorites so I am assured I have them, but this could push me towards more alternate products. Will have to see how this goes.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #15  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi all - Good weigh in today, despite TOM - down 2.4 for a total of 82 lbs gone. 26 more to go and Onederland is getting close. I figured out I have not been <200 in 18 years. Wow.

Hope everyone has a good day! Rachael
Closed Thread