Old 12-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #256  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

It's nice to see so many familiar "faces" in here rebooting with me, who were there to support me in the past. We've got this, everyone!!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #257  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Hope everyone had a great weekend, especially those who celebrated the holidays in the states.
Yesterday would have been my second weigh in, but I had a crazy busy night and had extra product so waiting until tomorrow to weigh in. The first week the pounds just fell off, this week, not so much. I have always been one to weigh at home daily, but decided I should cut it back. I find it really discouraging when you don't see the number dropping, even when you are on plan. And even worse when you have a cheat but it still drops... then you think you can cheat again!
Anyways, going to try and stop focusing on the number and more on how I feel. I won't be able to afford packets for the rest of my life, but I think the idea of low carb will be apart of my lifestyle for the rest of my life if I plan to keep the weight off.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #258  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
It's nice to see so many familiar "faces" in here rebooting with me, who were there to support me in the past. We've got this, everyone!!
Susie! So nice to "see" you too! Well, okay, maybe not because we're both rebooting but it's nice to see a familiar "face"

Jo
PurpleMomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #259  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I think I remember seeing you last time I was on here trying to reboot and maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Hope everyone had a great weekend, especially those who celebrated the holidays in the states.
Yesterday would have been my second weigh in, but I had a crazy busy night and had extra product so waiting until tomorrow to weigh in. The first week the pounds just fell off, this week, not so much. I have always been one to weigh at home daily, but decided I should cut it back. I find it really discouraging when you don't see the number dropping, even when you are on plan. And even worse when you have a cheat but it still drops... then you think you can cheat again!
Anyways, going to try and stop focusing on the number and more on how I feel. I won't be able to afford packets for the rest of my life, but I think the idea of low carb will be apart of my lifestyle for the rest of my life if I plan to keep the weight off.
I know staying off that scale can be difficult...I just went 7 full days without stepping on...longest ever while dieting (of course in maintenance when I do that I gain weight)

When I get to maintenance I will weigh daily and adjust my eating daily based on the scale "The French way"
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

This is an inspirational thread for what appears to be a common occurrence. It's very inspiring to read that others have gotten off track and now suffer some of the same emotions I do in dealing with the consequences. I completely identify with those that feel embarrassment in being around others because it's easy to feel like you failed and that the extra weight is the elephant in the room (pun may have been intended there). I'm on my first week back and hoping to ride this wave of determination through the holidays and beyond.
April Starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #261  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I think I remember seeing you last time I was on here trying to reboot and maintain
"
I remember you from my first attempt in 2010 and then more recently. This is my third attempt to KEEP the weight off. Third times the charm?!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:58 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 151/133/120

Height: 5'1"

Darbs7 I am also going on a cruise. We are gong in March. Hoping to get to my goal by mid to late January so I can phase off properly.

Just spent 3 weeks off plan gained 9 lbs. Started back on Monday and down 5 lbs so far this week.

Good luck to all!
bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #263  

Quote:
I remember you from my first attempt in 2010 and then more recently. This is my third attempt to KEEP the weight off. Third times the charm?!

So hard isn't it...I have kept to within 10 pounds of goal weight for about 3 years and then just blew it the last year and gained another 25...so I was up about 35 total of the 80 I lost...positive side...kept off 45. Down 25ish so far another 10 to go back to goal weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt View Post
Darbs7 I am also going on a cruise. We are gong in March. Hoping to get to my goal by mid to late January so I can phase off properly.

Just spent 3 weeks off plan gained 9 lbs. Started back on Monday and down 5 lbs so far this week.

Good luck to all!
I am starting phase 3 on January 25th and starting phase 4 on February 1st. Going on cruise the 14th...a little short off proper phase off but it will do. (I do phase 2 lunches sometimes anyways), just adds calories no carbs, no much of a difference
Old 12-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #264  

Where is everyone? How is everyone doing? Sticking with it. I am halfway through week 9. Getting harder and harder and harder
Old 12-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #265  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Been a bit MIA from this thread, I've been crazy busy with a work project, finals for the semester and kids activities (can't they drive themselves???) - seemed like I only had time to peek at the first one or two threads at the top of the forum when I could make it.

Reboot is going really well! I'm 8lbs away from my goal - it's a higher goal weight than when I did IP the first time, but I had time to go to the gym for 1-2 hours 5 days a week before. Now I work full time days, I'm in school nights, and the kids are more involved in outside activities. I'll be happy with a higher number on my scale that is maintainable, rather than a lower number that I have to stress and fight over

I was hoping to be phasing off for Christmas, but I hit a stall for a couple of weeks that set me back..if things keep going in the right direction I should be phased off for my birthday in January Kinda funny because it was right around my birthday that I started phasing off last time too. Things are coming full circle
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #266  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Where is everyone? How is everyone doing? Sticking with it. I am halfway through week 9. Getting harder and harder and harder
You can do it - I feel like the closer I get to goal the more I have to fight to stay on plan. I have to remind myself that there is no sprint to the finish line, I can't dig deep and make phase-off happen any faster. I have to dig deep and push through my impatience instead.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #267  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
You can do it - I feel like the closer I get to goal the more I have to fight to stay on plan. I have to remind myself that there is no sprint to the finish line, I can't dig deep and make phase-off happen any faster. I have to dig deep and push through my impatience instead.
Scorbett, you are doing GREAT!! Wise words. Curious is 165 your final goal ... or just a resting point?

I have to admit, it was hard for me to pick a "Target Weight". My doctor tells me that 190 is a healthy weight for me (that does get my BMI down to 25), but I sometimes wonder if it's possible for my body to get to 190. I haven't been that light since 1993. For me, even getting under 240 would be incredible -- I look and feel so much better at that seemingly high weight (so much better than 326!).

I wonder how most people on this board pick their target weight?

Last edited by Avalon1957; 12-05-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #268  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Scorbett, you are doing GREAT!! Wise words. Curious is 165 your final goal ... or just a resting point? I think of my weight loss journey is tiny increments (even though my ticker shows I had 136 pounds to lose). Right now I am focused on getting back into the 270's, which is coming up fast. But a big milestone for me is 250, which is about where my journey stopped the first time I tried IP.
It's the final goal - for now. The last time I did IP I got down below 155 and maintained, but I was able to exercise a LOT (I worked 2nd shift and had kids in school, so going to the gym from 9-11 every day was no big deal). I know that's not a realistic time commitment for me now, so I set my end point higher. I'm pretty confident that will be maintainable at an exercise level I can manage with my schedule. But it could change

I tried to judge my goal weight from BMI charts the last time too....but they are highly unreliable and do NOT take into account so many things that can affect weight - bone density, muscle mass, physiological structure....According to the BMI charts I would still be categorized as overweight at 165, but I know that with my body structure, that's still a healthy weight for me. I am busty and I have a good amount of muscle, so my "healthy" weight is always a bit higher than the BMI charts like

Last edited by scorbett1103; 12-05-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:35 PM   #269  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Scorbett, what you wrote makes a lot of sense! Yes, the BMI charts are probably a bit on the conservative side. Like you said there are many variables to take into account. It's great that you have such a good idea on a more realistic and maintainable weight -- I am not sure where that is for me exactly, so I will re-evaluate my goal as my weight drops. Have a great weekend you are doing fantastic!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 12-05-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:49 AM   #270  

Quote:
Been a bit MIA from this thread, I've been crazy busy with a work project, finals for the semester and kids activities (can't they drive themselves???) - seemed like I only had time to peek at the first one or two threads at the top of the forum when I could make it.

Reboot is going really well! I'm 8lbs away from my goal - it's a higher goal weight than when I did IP the first time, but I had time to go to the gym for 1-2 hours 5 days a week before. Now I work full time days, I'm in school nights, and the kids are more involved in outside activities. I'll be happy with a higher number on my scale that is maintainable, rather than a lower number that I have to stress and fight over

I was hoping to be phasing off for Christmas, but I hit a stall for a couple of weeks that set me back..if things keep going in the right direction I should be phased off for my birthday in January Kinda funny because it was right around my birthday that I started phasing off last time too. Things are coming full circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Scorbett, you are doing GREAT!! Wise words. Curious is 165 your final goal ... or just a resting point?

I have to admit, it was hard for me to pick a "Target Weight". My doctor tells me that 190 is a healthy weight for me (that does get my BMI down to 25), but I sometimes wonder if it's possible for my body to get to 190. I haven't been that light since 1993. For me, even getting under 240 would be incredible -- I look and feel so much better at that seemingly high weight (so much better than 326!).

I wonder how most people on this board pick their target weight?
Quote:
It's the final goal - for now. The last time I did IP I got down below 155 and maintained, but I was able to exercise a LOT (I worked 2nd shift and had kids in school, so going to the gym from 9-11 every day was no big deal). I know that's not a realistic time commitment for me now, so I set my end point higher. I'm pretty confident that will be maintainable at an exercise level I can manage with my schedule. But it could change

I tried to judge my goal weight from BMI charts the last time too....but they are highly unreliable and do NOT take into account so many things that can affect weight - bone density, muscle mass, physiological structure....According to the BMI charts I would still be categorized as overweight at 165, but I know that with my body structure, that's still a healthy weight for me. I am busty and I have a good amount of muscle, so my "healthy" weight is always a bit higher than the BMI charts like
So last time I got to 167 and I was wearing a size 6 in every store (loose too). Everyone was saying I was too skinny, mom went on and on about how I shouldn't go below 125 that it was dangerous for me at 5'6" and so did a bunch of friends and family. Right! not even close. My goal weight was 175 because when I graduated from high school as a junior size 5 I weighed 158 so I figured that 175 as an adult would get me to a size 10 which is what I wanted. But it got me to a nice loose 8 (mind you I have had a tummy tuck so excess skin is gone). I have set my goal for 175 for right now which is 10 more pounds. But plan to maintain that until mid-April and then try for another 10-15 pounds for 6 weeks in April and then maintain that for life.