Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
scorbett1103
Welcome back!

I'm still struggling with plateaus.
My weight is up a bit from vacation & it isn't really coming off at IP speed. (Dropped 5 in the last month)

Still trying to figure out what is causing the stall but I'M NOT LEAVING. I WILL GET TO GOAL and learn to maintain for life!

For anyone whose coach tells them it is impossible not to lose weight or to gain on IP, I'm calling BS. There are many hormones at play, including insulin, leptin, gherlin, and more. A coach is in the biz long enough will encounter someone whose body has resistance to weight reduction. Not every body cooperates.

I'm SO GLAD I'm no longer 260. I can move better and feel better most days. I've learned that maintenance for me will be only a bit more food than weight loss phases (mostly like P3). A fun day for me equals about a week of P1. I really need to decide carefully whether that is worth it.

If you read the maintainers thread, you'll see they think it is HARDER than losing the weight was!
You are amazing!! And I totally agree - every body is SOOO different. I FINALLY found the right calorie balance for the amount of activity that I can sustain right now - and yes, it's around the P2 calorie mark. My hypothyroidism gives me a slower metabolism and I can only correct that so much with the amount of exercise I am able to fit into my life right now. Going back to P1 was the absolute best option to get back to where I need to be since my "healthy" calorie intake is already so low.

I was excited to see so many options on the Unlimited Veggie list now! And TOMATO - OMG OMG OMG that was probably the veggie I missed the most last time...
Old 08-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #17  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

It's great to see you Scorbett! It's great seeing some of the 2012/2013 group making appearances here. I too got away from the 3FC site and am now back and on plan.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #18  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
It's great to see you Scorbett! It's great seeing some of the 2012/2013 group making appearances here. I too got away from the 3FC site and am now back and on plan.
Hooray for old friends! We got this girl!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #19  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Since I bought a food scale, I've been confused on weighing vs measuring two cups of veggies. Weighing out 8oz veggies always looks more that measuring two cups of veggies. I feel like I've done some thing wrong?! Am I over eating when I use the food scale?

Last edited by IntheEvening; 08-29-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #20  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Since I bought a food scale, I've been confused on weighing vs measuring two cups of veggies. Weighing out 8oz veggies always looks more that measuring two cups of veggies. I feel like I've done some thing wrong?! Am I over eating when I use the food scale?
You need to use a tool like My Fitness Pal to find out what the weight is for 1 cup of the veggie in question, some veggies are denser than others and 1 cup will weigh more than less dense veggies. Now granted, we aren't talking about a huge calorie/carb difference unless you're overdoing the restricted veg, but in general it's safer to weigh meat on the scale and just measure 1 C of veg with a dry measure. The most important thing is that you're measuring! It will help you become more able to figure out portions down the line.

Last edited by scorbett1103; 08-29-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #21  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
You need to use a tool like My Fitness Pal to find out what the weight is for 1 cup of the veggie in question, some veggies are denser than others and 1 cup will weigh more than less dense veggies. Now granted, we aren't talking about a huge calorie/carb difference unless you're overdoing the restricted veg, but in general it's safer to weigh meat on the scale and just measure 1 C of veg with a dry measure. The most important thing is that you're measuring! It will help you become more able to figure out portions down the line.
Thanks Scorbett1103!!! Glad to see you back!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #22  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!!! WI #11 down and down another lb. It puts my total weight loss for 11 weeks at 30 lbs!!!!! I didn't make my mini goal of hitting 160 by Labor Day but I am VERY close and I'm past my halfway point and I have lost a total of 30 lbs so I'm not getting discouraged!!! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #23  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Good Morning All!!! WI #11 down and down another lb. It puts my total weight loss for 11 weeks at 30 lbs!!!!! I didn't make my mini goal of hitting 160 by Labor Day but I am VERY close and I'm past my halfway point and I have lost a total of 30 lbs so I'm not getting discouraged!!! I hope everyone has a great day!
Great job Kissi!!!!!! You are doing amazing....reward yourself with something nice (pedicure, massage maybe?)!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #24  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Thanks, EveMomma. Please keep posting about your journey because I am following it closely!!! I'm so excited for you to have hit goal and transitioning over to maintenance. In regards to rewarding myself, I have a $300 gift certificate for a spa/Swedish massage/manicure/pedicure/facial that I have been saving for a rainy day. I'm going to 'give it to myself as a present' (even though it was already a present ) when I hit 160!! I'm looking forward to that most definitely!!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #25  

This is the best forum. Only lost .4 lbs this week but am not discouraged because of everything I have read here. Judging by my mood, TOM has a lot to do with it. Also, back to school (both job and my own course work), so stress and crazy schedule has been added. I've stayed OP but believe stress makes us hang on to those stores of fat. Still, a loss is a loss and I know there are ups and downs (or big downs and little downs) Thanks again for all of the information and support.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:34 AM   #26  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
lisa32989 how I have missed your face!!

So here I am beginning another journey on IP (using alternative products). For those who haven't been here that long I hit maintenance last February after 8 months on IP/Alternatives with over 70lbs lost. I was doing really well, but a LONG series of life changes hit me in quick succession that summer. I got a new job with new hours and little opportunity to move around during the day. We moved to a new town. I started school to complete my degree. All things that threw a major monkey wrench in my maintenance plans. End result? 30 of my 70 lost came creeping back.

But I don't consider that a failure. I didn't backtrack all the way to where I was when I first stepped on the IP track. I recognize where I was ill-prepared for maintenance....I didn't have a solid eating plan to maintain - yes I had some great ideas, but didn't really have time to put them into consistent practice before life threw me a bunch of curveballs. I had more time for intense fitness before the move, and when I scaled back due to my hours at work I didn't have that safety net anymore. I have been successfully MAINTAINING my current weight, at an exercise level I can achieve, for a few months now. So I feel like I have a better handle on life AFTER IP than the first time.

I was a little hesitant to post this morning, but one thing I knew is that THIS group is what kept me on track last time, and the people here have always been amazing

I'm shooting to get back near my original goal weight by Christmas, and I look forward to riding the roller coaster with you all
You made a major step in stopping the gain and deciding to go back to IP. Seriously! I bet most of us have lost a lot and gained more weight back over the years. Deciding enough is enough and taking back control is a huge step. Seriously. Your insight into the challenges maintenance posed is very thoughtful- and useful to you and those of us who will face similar challenges.

You got this!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Lisa & Scorbett- I totally agree on calling BS. Hypothyroidism really makes you work to lose every ounce no matter what the caloric deficit. Finding the perfect balance is extremely hard.

I had a good friend of mine (who is trying to lose weight on the Dr. Weil method) say that she "didn't buy" the IP program efficacy, even after her congratulating me on my 30lb loss. It clearly does work, so I am not sure what she doesnt "buy".
Old 08-29-2014, 12:11 PM   #28  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Had my week one weigh in yesterday and lost 6.4! At first I thought I hadn't lost 5 pounds because I had misremembered my starting weight but then he corrected me and YAY! I was pretty happy.

I was rushed because I was heading - late - to my grandson's 2nd birthday party and so I couldn't pick and choose my packets and bought some extras. And then this morning I had a bit of trouble making a choice because I had too many yummy options.

So when I got to the party, I'm all ecstatic about my loss, my DIL who could use IP was happy for me, but every one else was full of warnings and doubts. My son: don't eat fake food just eat less real food. My DIL's mother kept asking me how long I was going to stay on it and warning me about how unhealthy it was and how it would all just go back on as soon as I went off IP. My DIL's father said, when he saw I had some salad that obviously I didn't mean low carb I mean no starch because lettuce has carbs!

I had taken a very big and yummy veggie sandwich made with the omelet instead of bread and there was so much analysis and negativity. Perhaps especially because my DILs mother had forgotten I was on a diet and wasn't happy that i wasn't having the pizza even though I had plenty to eat and obviously wasn't suffering.

In response to the 'you'll gain it all back' and warnings about low carb, I pointed out that I had successfully lost 50 lbs back in 2002 on Atkins and didn't gain it all back. They looked like I was lying but they didn't know me then and didn't know I was way fatter then.

So I can see this may be a struggle every week when I go there for dinner.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #29  
Started IP 6/25/14

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

My new method for dealing with other people's opinions, advice and warnings is to smile, nod, and look better each time I see them. It's working great for me so far!

Pay attention to your body and your health and ignore everyone else! I feel great, I'm confused by people who think I shouldn't feel great. I think it irritates people that I am having success that appears "too easy" to them.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Lisa - You will make your goal, i can feel your determination coming off the page when I read your post. Must be so frustrating.

I am officially moving to P2 Saturday lost 2lbs this week and some more inches so starting at 163. Hoping to follow in your footsteps Eve and lose another 5lbs. Heading up to my parent's cottage for the long weekend so it should work out food wise, they are super healthy and eat on plan.
Closed Thread