Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 12:00 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Hi All
I have been absent the last few weeks, traveling for my job and started school a couple of weeks ago. I have been reading posts trying to get caught up. Congrats on all the fantastic losses and to those who are transitioning from Phase 1 Great job!
I have managed to stay OP fairly well. However I do need to be more diligent
about measuring my veggies and weighing my meat. I plan to get 100% compliant to the program now that I am home for a while.
I have switched to all alternative products & am loving all the variety. When I stepped on the scale today it was at 198 but I don't "officially" weigh in until Monday. Onderland here I come!!
Old 08-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Evemomma- thank you for the great ideas about p3 breakfast!! I'm not nearly there yet but I'm paying attention and want to be prepared!!
Old 08-28-2014, 01:01 PM   #18  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I have been hitting all the thrift stores during my weight loss. $6 pants, $3 shirts. No worries about anything shrinking.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #19  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Love the card ideal evemomma! I'm going to remember that when I get to that point. Knowing the planner in me though, I will do it before I get to phase 3 so I'm prepared. LOL

Morning all!! Anyone else feel swamped with everything they have/need to do? There is something satisfying about completing a task and checking it off your list. I cleaned my kitchen counter this morning before work and while my little one was still asleep and it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. A clean kitchen counter made me feel that way...I could only imagine how it would feel if my entire house was that way and all of our remodeling was done. HA!!

I'm really looking forward to dinner for some reason, tacos and homemade pico de gallo....we've had it before but, for some reason, I'm really jazzed about it tonight. What meals are you all loving right now? Generally I feel this way about carne asada.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #20  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
I'm really looking forward to dinner for some reason, tacos and homemade pico de gallo....we've had it before but, for some reason, I'm really jazzed about it tonight. What meals are you all loving right now? Generally I feel this way about carne asada.
Tomorrow is WI day and the end of week 7. Right now, ANY real food makes me jazzed. I'm really sick and tired of the packets. I've tried sprucing them up or mixing in my vegetables, but neither really makes it any better to me. So I just choke down the packets as fast as I can and go on about my business.

I wanted to add. . . . I have REALLY been craving the sweet stuff lately. My coach doesn't allow me any bars, or the like, right now. I am unclear as to why. Anyway. . . I haven't given in and boy has that been hard.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #21  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
Tomorrow is WI day and the end of week 7. Right now, ANY real food makes me jazzed. I'm really sick and tired of the packets. I've tried sprucing them up or mixing in my vegetables, but neither really makes it any better to me. So I just choke down the packets as fast as I can and go on about my business.

I wanted to add. . . . I have REALLY been craving the sweet stuff lately. My coach doesn't allow me any bars, or the like, right now. I am unclear as to why. Anyway. . . I haven't given in and boy has that been hard.
I have gotten to the point with food that I look at it as a source of nutrition and energy. I'm not so much 'enjoying' my packets as I am just trying to get them down. I've moved over to using some ALTS and have found that to be a lot better. If you are open to that option, get some Quest Bars, they really have hit the spot as a substitute for a restricted item when I have a sweet tooth craving.

I'm eating my Sea Salt Quest chips for lunch with some cauliflower hummus and it's pretty good.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #22  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

pebbles: Why no bars? I've never gone to a couch since I've followed IP using alternatives from the get-go. Do you eat a different restricted item then?

Kissi:
I got our quest chips in the mail yesterday and tried the cheese ones. They were allright, I liked the 21grams of protein.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #23  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

That's how I feel about them, Johnsdeere. They are okay. Not as satisfying as my IP crisps but they do. The cauliflower hummus with the sea salt ones is good. I may make some mockamole (guac out of asparagus and stuff) for the Cheddar ones to dip in. They just kinda taste 'dry' on their own, which if fine, it makes me drink more water.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:15 PM   #24  
Ideal Protein 7/10/14

S/C/G: 256.4/224/160

Height: 5'7.5"

@nomorepancakes My clinic said they are waiting for all the weigh-ins from the 28th before they announce the winner of the massage, but on facebook in the comment section of the contest announcement, the clinic owner posted this yesterday:

"Sequim Ideal Weight Loss Ok Rhonda C, what do we need to do, get you a free massage every week? Holy cow, you had a GREAT week!"

Speaking of changing sizes, I am dropping fast since starting July 10---from my 22's purchased AGAIN after losing and regaining....to a very much too big 18. All my 16's in my closet are still too tight...mostly in the lap belly area.

I feel I am dropping weight differently than I did in my last weight loss program of nutriscam...err nutrisystem and walking 5+ miles a day and bootcamp....I don't even want to tell you how GLAD I am I am not killing myself and my knees, feet, hips, etc with bootcamp....anyway. My husband agrees. It's like I'm shrinking all over instead of just "getting a better butt" or "getting my abs flatter" with 10 more pounds. So, I am honestly afraid of sagging skin. Will my skin be able to keep up with this incredibly fast loss?? If anyone has experience being well over 100 pounds overweight to goal weight or beyond on this program?

Have a great, OP day all.

Last edited by rhondac; 08-28-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #25  
Ideal Protein 7/10/14

S/C/G: 256.4/224/160

Height: 5'7.5"

@Pebbles, I'm curious...are you SURE you are in ketosis? Any ANY deviation from IP Protocol, including duping food, will kick you out of ketosis. I lost all my cravings once I got into ketosis.

With regards to the packets, I'm purchasing the ones I enjoy the best. Always a chocolate drink or the orange drink, or the RTD mango with extra water and lots of ice over my metal ball shaker (I bought a larger one at Walmart than IP provides so there is room for ice). I do sip on this most of the morning, and refill with water and drink more. Lunch is usually a veggie soup that I make by steaming 2 cups veggies and blending with broth and herbs for a soup, and my Restricted item---often later in the afternoon---usually the wafer. I feel I need the 10 carb during the day, not before sleep. So basically, I am fasting all day but not hungry, and lots of water and coffee and red bull zero Dinner we always enjoy. We almost always grill a steak, fish, turkey burger or pork chop. I cook up veggies like my Restricted veggies---brussels, green beans, etc., and add in lots of garlic cloves and 21 Salute Seasoning from Trader Joes. Need to try rutabagas. The best change in this diet is the large portion of meat. And my husband cooks it! Bonus! Always feels like I'm pigging out. I'll make sauteed mushrooms and eat over steak. Yum! I often save part of my dinner for a snack later. Always hungry around 5:30 or 6:00 so we eat ON TIME!! I never break my protein up and have any during the day. Snack during tv is hot tea and whatever regular packet I've chosen. I really only like the BBQ soy crisps for something crunchy, and that is usually what I want at night so this week I got a box of them (7). I seem to go to bed earlier, so by the time my snack is gone, and my tea, I'm done for the day. I never wake up hungry like I did with previous diets. So that's it in a nutshell.

Last edited by rhondac; 08-28-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #26  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:

Some coaches.

Unless there is a really good reason not to have them, 1 restricted (whether it be a bar or another product) is built into the P1 program. They can help satisfy the sweet monster and give you something to look forward to. There's no reason to make this harder than necessary - staying 100% on P1 is hard enough without the coach restricting you further. (Just my opinion.)
Old 08-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
My coach didn't forbid me from restricted items, but her strong recommendation is that I stay away from them as long as possible. She said it will help my weight loss. The only thing I eat that's a restricted is the veggie chili, and I only eat it a couple of times a week. It's apparently not as bad as the other restricteds.

Have you tried making and freezing pudding or the raspberry jello? Perfect on a hot day!
Old 08-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #28  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:

I was on the brink of cheating near the beginning because of my need fit chips and for some reason my clinic wasn't ordering them. They did and I was fine. Bars are part of the protocol that you are paying for. Tell your coach that you value her opinion and experience but that you need something g sweet that is on the protocol. I can't believe she is denying you!

Rhondac - it isy understanding that ketosis helps with hunger but won't necessarily prevent cravings. Cravings can be mental too. Plus I occasionally crave a veggie now or a particular protein. I am addicted to the wafer and I can tell you that I crave them and sometimes have them for breakfast!
Old 08-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #29  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I have been hitting all the thrift stores during my weight loss. $6 pants, $3 shirts. No worries about anything shrinking.
I totally am with you. I have donated so much to the thrift stores, I just about consider them a clothing exchange. 50% off on Labor Day at Value Village, not sure how far they range chain store wise - but they are in WA state anyway.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #30  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Funny we were posting about talking yourself down from temptation earlier. This is really the most tempting time of the year for me. I LOVE all things fall...pumpkin, apple, squash, sweet potatoes...and not to mention Halloween candy and those little candy corn pumpkins. Well the farmers near me has a pretty impressive candy selection and today all of the fall stuff was out when I stopped by to pick up my lunch veggies. I really had to exercise that resistance muscle. Think I'm going to resolve to NOT go there for lunch until I am phased off or until all of the fall junk is gone.
Closed Thread