Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Eve,

You are doing so awesome on P2, I read your post from yesterday and saw that you lost 5lbs. I am shifting to P2 on Saturday and feeling scared, excited, and did i say scared? I will be doing the full 2 weeks on P2 (the only thing I will add is the one piece of bread and PB for my over 10km saturday runs). Good luck with P3.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #32  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I've been chomping at the bit all morning...I've been stuck in meetings all day and just waiting to get on here and post. Excuse me while I'm obnoxious for a sec...

I'm officially down 50 pounds total as of my WI this morning!!!! Even though I've extended my goal, this is really momentous for me! This time last year...or even this time five months ago I never thought I'd be here today. Going to be taking progress pics tonight!

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 08-26-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #33  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

WTG pishposh!
Old 08-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #34  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I've been chomping at the bit all morning...I've been stuck in meetings all day and just waiting to get on here and post. Excuse me while I'm obnoxious for a sec...

I'm officially down 50 pounds total as of my WI this morning!!!! Even though I've extended my goal, this is really momentous for me! This time last year...or even this time five months ago I never thought I'd be here today. Going to be taking progress pics tonight!
Awesome, PishPosh!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!! How much further did you extend your goal?
Old 08-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #35  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Had a great NSV this weekend. Took my daughter to Storyland last Friday. I've avoided it the past couple of years as I was scared my size would prevent me from being able to go on rides with S (my daughter). Happy to say I fit on all of the rides and we had a fun time. Being able to enjoy an amusement park with her was one of the catalysts I had for starting this program. So nice to experience the results.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

pishposh- way to go!! 50 pounds down and getting so close to your goal-good for you!!

rayze- that is an awesome NSV. Being able to be good role models for our kids and to fully participate in all aspects of their lives is a reward in and of itself.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 196/189/115

Height: 5' 1"

Well made it to day 2 and still motivated. My products arrived today from Nashua Nutrition (just ordered Sat.) so now I will have some variety. I must say I'm a little disappointed that they don't have Fusilla pasta entrée available "indefinitely" I think our pal bought them out! But soup and salad is fine for me. Wouldn't mind a few suggestions though. I love reading all your posts and seeing the success I know I will have ...just stick to the plan...ps what does RTD mean??? See you all tomorrow and hope that #9 number was close.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #38  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Had a great NSV this weekend. Took my daughter to Storyland last Friday. I've avoided it the past couple of years as I was scared my size would prevent me from being able to go on rides with S (my daughter). Happy to say I fit on all of the rides and we had a fun time. Being able to enjoy an amusement park with her was one of the catalysts I had for starting this program. So nice to experience the results.
Congratulations! It an awesome feeling to be able to do things like that without worrying. I just started going on amusement park rides with my children this summer and I've loved it! I had forgotten how much fun I was missing - and they love that I love the rides as much as they do!
Old 08-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #39  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Wahoo PishPosh!!!!!!! WTG....can't wait to see your pics! I think about how I felt about myself in April before IP and, I can almost forget how miserable I was. I keep reminding myself of that when I find that I'm getting to nitpicky with my "new" figure!

Jenny38.....Come on in to Phase 2....the water is FINE! I am glad I did a whole two weeks on P2. I split my proteins to include a bigger breakfast, and I think that is going to help me on this new P3 breakfast adventure!

Don't be scared - our bodies weren't meant to operate on only 800-900 calories, so now it's time to ease them back slowly to a new healthy. I was AMAZED how the pounds came off the first few days I was on P2. I think that helped me feel confident about the process.

I have spent the past two weeks getting more and more mentally prepared for Phase 3 and P4. You have done such a fantastic job adding exercise back into your routine. THat is my next venture, now that we don't have extended family here. Need to call my gym and set up orientation for next week.

I had some late nights, but reading some of the old IP threads REALLY helped me get my head around maintenance, especially one that is stickied (I think) called "Life After Phase One". I was able to understand that we really ARE learning the tools for maintenance already. Phase 3 teaches us how to combine our breakfasts in healthy balance. Phase 4 lunches are similar to Phase 1/2 (lean meat and veggies) just with added fat from dairy, nuts, dressings. And Phase 4 dinners are similar to Phase 1/2 just with added slow carbs such as potatoes or rice.

I LOVE reading the maintenance eating threads and can't WAIT to get creative with P4....but it helped me a lot to see it in such simple terms.

Good luck on your run!
Old 08-26-2014, 04:30 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 196/189/115

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Very! Thank you!

I'm trying to learn how food works and how it interacts with our bodies now...while my menu planning is still easy . It is never too early to learn about maintenance in my book. haha.

And am I guessing correctly that anything with the first ingredient as gelatin would be collagen and an incomplete protein? (That question is because I also use alternates)
An easy way of thinking of it is: there are many more than 9 amino acids required by our bodies, however 9 are not produced by our bodies and must be taken in by food. The more complete the food is in nutritional value the better it is for us providing with what we need.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

yeah pishposh!!!

First day home and had to restock the house with veggies.....still swollen from vacation. Thought I was retaining water, but actually think I did something to my foot or got bit by something. It's super swollen. I also noticed a rash on top of that foot and around my ankle! Ugh. Going to give it a day or so and if it's not better see the dr.

Very proud of how I did on vacation. Next challenge is my nephews wedding in California in October. Unfortunately I won't have access to a kitchen like I did this time at the hotel, so will have to figure something out without my RTD's....

Love the normalcy of being home. Actually found walden farms products today at a new local supermarket, so I picked up a new dressing some mayo, strawberry syrup and BBQ sauce. Going to try the BBQ sauce tonight on some chicken, and the raspberry syrup on tomorrow's pancake. Looking forward to trying it.....
Old 08-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #42  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
yeah pishposh!!!

First day home and had to restock the house with veggies.....still swollen from vacation. Thought I was retaining water, but actually think I did something to my foot or got bit by something. It's super swollen. I also noticed a rash on top of that foot and around my ankle! Ugh. Going to give it a day or so and if it's not better see the dr.

Very proud of how I did on vacation. Next challenge is my nephews wedding in California in October. Unfortunately I won't have access to a kitchen like I did this time at the hotel, so will have to figure something out without my RTD's....

Love the normalcy of being home. Actually found walden farms products today at a new local supermarket, so I picked up a new dressing some mayo, strawberry syrup and BBQ sauce. Going to try the BBQ sauce tonight on some chicken, and the raspberry syrup on tomorrow's pancake. Looking forward to trying it.....
You rocked your vacay!

My mom and sister always get a similar rash when they go to Disney (called petichiae....sp?). Something about the hot pavement and walking - they get swollen feet and ankles and have tiny little dots all over their skin. Could be the same?

I don't LOVE the WF BBQ dressing, but it's a nice change. In fact, if I had some WF raspberry, I would combine a little raspberry, franks hot sauce, and the WF BBQ for a sweet n spicy mix!

Welcome home.....it's good to be home, isn't it?
Old 08-26-2014, 05:06 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

How does everyone feel about WF Alfredo or Marinara? One better tasting than the other? Both good or bad?
Old 08-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #44  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
How does everyone feel about WF Alfredo or Marinara? One better tasting than the other? Both good or bad?
I bought both and really don't like either.

Last edited by kissi; 08-26-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #45  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

My coach told me that any jarred marinara sauce that has only 3 ingredients (tomatoes, olive oil and salt) was okay to use as a limited veg. My favorite is Hoboken Farms Big Red Marinara Sauce, though there are others.
Closed Thread